Windows 10

I have a laptop that I have to use for school-related things. Unfortunately, it uses Windows 10 and I am not allowed to install a different operating system. I do however have full privileges on it.
How can I try to make it as secure as I can?

Buy a T420 and use that

Install gentoo in a virtual machine

install gentoo in VirtualBox. That doesn't make it safe, but at least you'll be able to do some work without wanting to kill yourself. Then search around for checklists on all the shit you have to disable to keep Cortana from taking notes on how many milliseconds it takes you to orgasm to Sonic BL fanfics.

Plug in an external HDD and boot from it into Gentoo

Get a live CD with a distro that saves to RAM.

Can you swap its own hard drive out for one that you own? If so, install gentoo on your own disk. Any time you need windows back NEVER then you can just swap the disks around

Give laptop back to the school and use your own.

literally this, t420s are less than $200 now you don't really have an excuse not to snag one

alternately, i'd recommend something simple like put Linux Mint on a bootable usb stick, but if you have a win10 machine it may not even let you turn off secureboot

Why give you the power to potentially break the OS but not install a new one?

If you have to use W10, search for Anti-Beacon by those Safer Networking guy. I used it on a W10 machine and it seemed pretty legit.

There really is no way to assure "security" over a system like that. You just have to kinda take Microsoft at their word.

Dedoimedo has a few Windows 10 privacy guides on it if I remember right. They might be helpful.

Destroy the registry, destroy system files, and fake no knowledge.
Do this as many times as it takes.

Install Mint with a Windows theme and WINE anyway, they're too dumb to tell the difference. You have to be prepared to go against authorities that try to deny you your freedom now.

Just use the fucking windows 10 thing. It's a school computer, not your personal machine.

My Mommy makes me use a certain laptop and operating system for school. I have no choice in the matter.

Kill yourself, OP.
Or you know, this:
Now do us a little favor and delete your shitty pointless thread.

…what the fuck am I reading?

This. There is nothing they could ask you to do in highschool, I'm guessing, that you can't do in a browser. Obviously they don't want you to fuck with their laptop, but you shouldn't trust it either. Find an old laptop or buy a thinkpad/Chromebook. They're cheep. If they say you can't have your own laptop tell them your dad is a lawyer.

if it was given to you for school related purposes only, you're company or whoever is probably watching whatever you're doing anyway.
the laptops we use at work are government owned and straight up inform you that your keystrokes are being logged and that you have no expectation of privacy.

I assume you're on your last year of high school and you're like 18 years and 1 month old, so instead I'll advise you to save fucking hard, get a job, put off your plan to go to college, and move out as soon as you graduate from high school.

If you're in college... then I'd advise you to transfer to another university while you create a forum campaign to raise awareness on how college have recently become a fucking coddling house just to make sure the pussy ass nu-males and scared feminists feel safe.

why would anyone waste hours and hours of time to secure a shit system instead of just using a system that works as well and has no spyware on it
If it is for school related shit then get a win7 machine with updates disabled and use it instead

Dear God...

Faggot OP, use shutup10 to disable telemetry.

this seems like the most logical solution.

I don't know how open win10 is to fuckery compared to win8 but shouldn't you still be able to nuke a whole lot of system bloat and malware by taking full ownership and using the registry, services and group policies?

I've managed to create a very lean version of win8 for myself this way, you should be able to achieve the same.

anyone have full microshit IP list so i can run win 10 in a VM and drop all connections to the kikes
?? if they have full subnets then standard notation is fine

Yes, you can.

Where is the laptop from? If the school has issued you a laptop and given you local admin then they are fucking retarded, you should feel free to disregard any instructions they have given you about not installing gentoo.

If you own the hardware then do whatever you want. If there is a specific program you need windows for then just run a vm for it.