Zuckerberg covers his webcam with tape

Mark Zuckerberg pictured with tape covering microphone and webcam, uses Thunderbird for email client

arstechnica.co.uk/security/2016/06/mark-zuckerberg-instagram-500-million-webcam-privacy/
archive.is seems to be down

Welp, if Internet Jew King does it, there's surely a good fucking reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/JNdTQ
amazon.com/Tamiya-87034-Masking-Tape-Refill/dp/B000BN7MMU
stallman.org/amazon.html
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/happy-bonobo-disable-webrtc/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Of course he does. His Facebook app is one of the ones that does the most spying on people on their cellphones, he knows well why you should do that.

Fixed that image for you

Fixed

archive.is/JNdTQ

Interesting line from that:

Are there any other similar, normie friendly privacy memes we can spread?

Are there? uBlock is an easy sell but most other things require extra steps and somehow extra steps are anathema to most people.

HTTPS everywhere is a good one.

This is the guy that uses 'dadada' for his password. Hardly an icon of what you should and should not be doing security wise.

Yeah, pretty much these two. Whenever I set up a normie with a fresh computer/OS, I'll addon uBlock Origin and HTTPS Everywhere to whatever browser they choose. They require zero user interface 99% of the time and implement basic, common sense security (uBlock having significantly less resource usage than the normie go-to: APB).

Rarely someone will ask about more interactive privacy controls, in which case I'll point them to uMatrix, but most people can't stomach it.

Really only protects you against sophisticated hackers, I mean I use it but I was thinking more along the lines of not using the same password on every site, stop using Outlook and MSOffice for gods sake, things like that.

Yes. Yes. Don't take five seconds to cover up your camera, you wouldn't want to make it seem like you're appealing to authority would you?.

t. not the NSA

p.s. you got something in your teeth

The point is that it requires zero user effort. They don't even need to remember it's there.

I'm not disagreeing I just wanted to steer the conversation further into brainstorming on what else we can do to help those who won't help themselves.

Passwords? Any ideas? Passwordsafe is TOO HARD according to my pet normies.

uBlock doesn't just protect against significant hackers. I imagine one of the most significant sources of malware for normies is from ads offering "lesbia_grills_buttstuff.exe", and uBlock stops that.

sophisticated hackers*

I meant https everywhere.

that's called a cargo cult

the name comes from native pacific islanders who saw and misunderstood american and japanese air drops during ww2. they thought that you could summon an airplane to drop cargo on you just by building a runway. these guys believe you can get security just by performing a ritual without actually understanding the reasoning behind it

There aren't many other security measures you can take in five seconds using 2 cents of materials.

never used password safe. is it any harder than lastpass or are normies just pathetically lazy?

nah, i mean you might as well do it but blindly copying someone else's security choices without bothering to understand them is stupid

I don't think so.

The point here is that while good security in general makes covering your webcam less likely to make a difference, doing it is still a good idea, and not something to be ashamed of.

All you have to know is that OEMs immediately abandon their products without fail. They don't see any money from their products after the initial sale so they see zero incentive to fulfill their security obligations. This fact alone should be enough to distrust your hardware from anyone, even script kiddies, let alone a nation-state with near-infinite disposable income.

*distrust your hardware with anyone...

This, of course, could be solved if companies released the spec so that the community can do the work for them, but then how would they convince you to buy a new model?

Well it isn't a botnet, doesn't have a "premium" version, and can't be pwnt through your web browser. That aside lastpass looks more user friendly.

I'm not saying don't do it, just that what ever suckaberg does is irrelevant

So the guy with one of the biggest data collection businesses practices basic security? I would hope so.

we're talking about normies here. it has to be friendly enough for them to actually use it so they stop using the same password on every site. that's way more important than a theoretical browser exploit. perfect is the enemy of good

He also uses Cisco Anyconnect obviously for connecting to his personal server in the NSA headquarters

So I read up on this and I have a question: if (when) lastpass gets hacked and mom inevitably used "password1" for her vault, are her passwords (and credit cards and other sensitive info) all exposed now?

Tamiya modeler's tape is by FAR the best tape for covering webcams. Low-tack so it won't damage anything, can be removed and replaced multiple times, bends around curves beautifully, and is unbelievably tough so it won't wear away. I swear by the stuff:

amazon.com/Tamiya-87034-Masking-Tape-Refill/dp/B000BN7MMU

Just use any fucking tape, even sellotape and paper. You austists always find a way to support a faceless corporation or shill a product no matter the situation

He uses chrome and apple, so he is still a moron privacy-wise.

His Thunderbird usage is interesting though.
Probably for it's PGP support.

How the fuck are people able to shill for something like this, just use fucking tape from the nearest hardware store.
Pay with cash, secure your privacy.
Don't buy from amazon, secure your privacy.

You might as well keep your webcam uncovered if you buy from that place, because you're screwing over your privacy either way.
stallman.org/amazon.html

GOYIM KNOW

SHUT!!!
IT!!!
DOWN!!!
sage for not bringing anything useful to the discussion

Really? Isn't paper and sellotape just a single layer and see through? Also white doesn't really look good. I perfer to use electrical tape, it`s black (the best colour) and is hopefuly water proof.

The absolute worst colour. On top of >>617602 , who the hell would use this? . Also I assume the word "modder" stuff is of similar quality to "gamer" stuff, i.e >95% Brand name and

I`l like to see you try without screwing yourself over, those cables are very tiny,there is likely a bunch close togother and to even have a shot you would have a very carefully dismantle nearly the entire laptop just to even have a slim chance.

no wonder this board is dead

I fail to see how you could get that impression (That is some really good reading comprehension right there). I managed to get acccess to the HDD of two laptops.

The fucking haughtiness and faux superiority in this post makes me ill.

Yes, that's why transparent masks totally fail to disguise the user

Yes I know achievement of the century and totally worth mentioning, at full volume. Do I need to state obvious?
My current laptop should be more of a challenge to get into (As it is a shitty, spec wise modern HP laptop that came with a "free" printer) but there is nothing on the HDD so if I mess up oh well. The right hinge is lose though, what fun.

He also has an excessive security detail follow him wherever he goes and has like 10 guards at his house. He is extremely paranoid in general.

Then get out of here

you da man

the meme magic has been seeded

now it is only a matter of time before he becomes ZUCK THE CUCK

>Also I assume the word "modder" stuff is of similar quality to "gamer" stuff, i.e >95% Brand name and

Is no one gonna put Loss on his laptop?

Ublock didn't block anything for me and loads of popups and spam shit got through. NEVER using that piece of shit ever again.

addblock plus as stupid and self contradictory as it was, was easier to use.

go third party entirely. use something else.

that is extremely cute

that's the point

Please read what it was replying to. It was about HTTPS Everywhere. Nobody in this thread recommended Adblock Plus.

You are a stupid fucking retard who installed the wrong extension and/or didnt even bother selecting adblock lists.

AdBlock+ is shit, uBlock Origin is god-tier and light on the CPU, for more security I also recommend

What's wrong with saving your password as text file on your desktop?

If someone can access files on your desktop they already have access to everything.

Ublock Origin has something for WebRTC IP leaks

why bother?

nah it's encrypted with your password and they can't access it. if you're worried about botnet use keepass (uses a local database) and sync it between computers yourself. lastpass is easier for normies though.

did you know that you're mental?

uBlock still leaks your webRTC even when that's ticked.

Disable webRTC:
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/happy-bonobo-disable-webrtc/

He uses tape instead of painting his webcam

My guess is that he actually wants to use webcam sometimes for video chats or something so he removes tape while he is using it and places it back after he is done.

Lots of people don't know they can have spaces in their passwords.

Can the password be multiple words?

Yes lol!

are you some kind of faggot?

hahahahaha

thanks family man

Nice meme. It can only survive as a meme.