Prequels are better than the original trilogy

Now before you post, hear me out.
As I rewatch all six Star Wars films, I realized that the prequels were far superior to the originals. Now I am not saying the originals are bad, far from it. They're great films but they're not kino. The prequels are absolutely amazing, they deal with far more complex themes such as how fear and paranoia can transform a democracy into an authoritarian government, the fall of heroes as they become corrupted by their own fears and how the lines of good and evil can blur. While some themes such as religion and redemption are in the original, it's over powered by the child-friendly nature of the films. The only one that almost breaks into kino is a New Hope but it was altered in editing so most of George's genius had been cut. The other two were directed competently but George only played producer and writer while they were directed by different, not as talented directors. The originals were too childish, which is something George fixed with by making the prequels. The prequels are for adults that can appreciate the writing and the care in the film making arts.
The directing, the writing, the acting, the effects, the story are so much better, and grander than the original. The romance is more convincing in the prequels, the lore is expanded very lovingly and when the heroes fail in stopping Sheeve, it's legitimately heart breaking. Anakin's rise and fall is more engaging than Luke's journey, making it almost like a Greek tragedy.
All in all, while the originals are great, they are not anywhere to the quality of the prequels.

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-ca-cm-lucas-museum-narrative-update-20170122-htmlstory.html
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/5qlyzw/ive_honestly_come_to_believe_that_the_prequels/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

TL;DR
The prequels are better made and more adult than the originals.

Preaching to the choir, tbh.

No two films are the same in the prequels. The prequels tell a perfect story without rehashing a single thing. I love the originals but come on, a New Hope and Return of the Jedi had to resort to the rebellion blowing up the Death Star. Whereas the prequels had the fall of a republic, the rise of an empire and the final dual between friends.

The powers of Force users are totally different between the two trilogies and used to justify the originals superiority but this is false. In the originals Luke does not know how to use the Force and over the course of three movies we see him becoming more adept with his powers. Obi-wan is an old man with great mastery of the force and is not required to jump and do heroics like in the prequels. Vader is always facing off against Luke and is mostly toying with him. In the prequels we see the Jedi as a functioning and continuous institution passing its knowledge down through the ages. The Jedi and their mastery of the force appear superhuman and astounding. People get the impression that the force is watered down in the prequels when it is not. Vader and Obi-wan are old broken men and not going to do back-flips. Luke is probably no better than a 15 year old padawan in the Old Republic.

The only good Star Wars film is Phantom Menace.

Going too far

This is great

We haven't gone far enough, my main man.

It's true honestly. The Prequels are incredible films. A shame we're living in such cynical times.

A verry underappreciated man, to be honest.

I'm really excited to see his museum once it's finally finished being built in LA. No surprise the critics are already shitting all over it for ridiculous reasons. Look at all the hit pieces on it.

latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-ca-cm-lucas-museum-narrative-update-20170122-htmlstory.html

I fucking hate these cucks. "Hehe, I made a reference to Empire Strikes Back, I'm such a clever critic! Narrative Art doesn't exist because I said it doesn't!"

Have you noticed the increase of prequel apologists on this board since RLM's favourable review of The Force awakens?

No, what do you mean?

No, we've always been here. You only just noticed us because the memes are beginning to wear off. The fact that The Force Awakens was literally everything RLM wanted in a Star Wars film helped kill the credibility of their shitty "reviews"

if you keep meming this, anons will eventually believe it.
It's time to stop.

Nope, we've always appreciated kino here.

Holla Forums is going to become the bastion of prequel admiration and there is nothing you can do about it.

After seeing TFA the only bright side was thinking "welp at least theres another great plinkett vid to look forward to." They even teased about it for weeks, how it was coming soon! and then that anesthetized walrus looking fuck puts out 60 minutes of recycled prequel complaints along with a seal of approval for we wuz jediz n shit. Just like literally anyone who gains money and influence he sold out so no big deal, right? But what makes Mike EXTRA douchey and self unaware - extra fucking sad slimy and pathetic - is the fact he generated said money and influence by presenting Lucas as a sellout who half-assed three movies to sell toys. "That's right Jay! Lucas was just a hack who was in it for the money! And hey aren't these new BOTW Pint Glasses® just the best!?" Fuck him, fuck his gay posse of shitbelt hipsters and fuck OP for desecrating the catalog with another jewtube link to those merchant faggots.

this is a good post

You're a bad person, tbh.

As a little girl I really loved this scene, it reminded me of the opening scene of The Sound of Music, the rolling green hills and the beautiful scenery. I thought Anakin was super cute.

The prequels are already timeless due to being highly quotable and memetic. They have also been a constant subject of debate since their release which is a testament to their continuing impact on popular culture.

The Cuck Awakens has one forced meme and Rogue One has zero memes. Kind of pathetic really.

the prequels might have been better made, but since they "tried" to keep with the campy nature of the OT they were really held back compared to other films of that time

You lads need to break your conditioning. Read this.
>>>/pdfs/4633

Just noticed I posted this in the wrong thread, thought it was the RLM one. Apologies to OP.

The guy who wrote that deserves way more credit than he will ever get.

Lucas has said on record in interviews that all the star wars movies were made for children.

I still wish that chucking Phasma in the trash was memed harder. Even (((J.J.))) knew how shit his Boba Fett stand in character was and disposed of her responsibly.

Kill yourself, you fucking queer.

Holy shit.

Why? What even was there to her? I can't remember anything except them throwing her down a garbage shute

Well, the prequels are better than the Disney star wars. The next logical step is for the prequel to overtake the original. A master vs. disciple kind of thing.

Now this is podracing

For fucks sakes the safe bet production is starting to seriously piss me off

Haven't we already seen this movie?

I bet to you on George's life, it's going to be just like Empire Strikes Back. Exactly like it, from Rey training with a Jedi master to Finn and Jesús and the resistance getting in trouble so she has to save them, poetry it rhymes moments that are not at all as genius as the prequel's, and ends on a cliffhanger where the First Order wins.

What did he mean by this?

He meant that he's a pleb that can't appreciate Prequel Kino

Wow, what a homo.

guaranteed_replies.txt

The lightsaber fights were cool, I'll give them that.

The OST was god tier too.

She is why you don't have female soldiers. She did absolutely nothing, appart from crack and help the enemy under the slightest pressure. Oh, and the princess wanted a super-special silver outfit, because white wasn't good enough for her.

I don't even remember that.

The actress isnt even waifu material. She's only in her 30 but can pass for 60

I forgive you, don't worry about it

george co-wrote and co-directed esb and rotj, he was only given a co-writing credit for rotj.

TR8-T0R was the apex of Holla Forums. After that this place went to shit.

Fuck off, Holla Forums, cuck posting is better than that garbage.

disney shill pls go

Prequels will ALWAYS be far better than the new trilogy because it offered something new instead we get a rehash of EP 4 but instead with a Mary Sue.

Thank god Carie Fisher died and screwed over the (((writers))) for EP8 & 9 haha. Serves them right for killing off Han. If rey wanted to be intresting they should have made her like pic related.

Who is this penis prospector?

(HEIL)
ANSWER THE FURHER

2B from Nier Automata

Post yfw George was even better at including characters just to make merchandise out of their designs than (((Abrams))) will ever be.

Lucas was better at everything, tbh.

Did you guys also notice that fall of the republic and rise of the empire are a direct parallel to the fall of the Roman Republic and the rise of the Roman Empire? I would have never thought of that, George is the modern day Shakespeare.

Soon Holla Forums will finally collapse into a singularity of post/metaironic shitposting.

I think they're actually going to double down on the inept and useless First Order so Rey and her team of non-whites can look even better.

Nigger faggot Disney wants to make it like the Empire was muh white supremacy.

Post this on reddit and see their reaction.

Seriously, can you even name a single one at the top of your head?

Hell, can you even remember something from any of jew jew's movies?

Lucas should have never been allowed to drive the memory of Star Wars into the ground.

We were just fine with the trilogy and the EU novels.

Kys

Fuck off normalfag.

Eh. The OT told it's story better, but the PT did a lot more for expanding on the universe and making it feel more like a galaxy far far away.

The only hate I see directed at the movies are CGI bad JarJar bad

the only guy i can remember is this red faggot. i don't really remember him in the film (i know he's in the "cantina" scene) but he kept getting pointed out in that promo pic of a bunch of new alien designs.

that's another thing, the designs. i get that it's a huge galaxy and they wiped canon because they're unoriginal pricks, but where the fuck were the weequays, rodians, gran, gamorreans, twi'leks, c'mon.

that's because it's the only thing they can even try to use. also, while the cgi isn't the greatest, it has actually aged decently (see the blu-ray rips). another thing, jar jar is great when you realize how literally nobody likes him or wants him around.

anyone telling you "wah it destroyed muh childhood" is a fucking retard and should be put to the stake for burning.

The Jamaican Aliens actually have fairly advanced technology. Jar jar is just a fool.

And was kicked out as a result.

Other than that….there really werent too many issues. The worst issue was Yoda in the first movie. But that got fixed.

The rest is a bunch of nitpickery bullshit.

Hell, in the OT, they werent trying to even kill Luke….right up until Palpatine got pissy.

This is what Prequel haters never understand. Jar Jar is like spogebob, kids love him, adults hate him, Qui Gon can't stand his bullshit.

This

Disney's hate proves how kino the prequels are tbqh

Not surprised Disney is reddit's ultimate form

Prequel villains were cool as fuck compared to that ridiculous helmet suit shit that darth wears.

Hell that's why anakin looks so badass in the third movie and becomes a joke and everyone laughs akwardly when he says NOOOOOOOOO

I've always believed it. Hell, even when I was a kid and my dad took me through the four star wars movies that existed at the time, I always prefered the colorful, imaginitive world of ep I to the grim, colorless worlds of the original trilogy.

That said, I think that in Holla Forums's rush to finally get the prequels the praise they deserve, I do think they're being unnecesarily harsh on the originals. The poetry works both ways, and it's only in the context of both trilogies that either trilogy possesses its full meaning. If Anikin is George as the man, Luke is George as a young man. If Anikin becomes more evil the more infused with technology his body becomes, Darth Vader becomes more sympathetic the more he rejects his artificial prosthetics. If Anikin is used as an example of how man succumbs to his passions, Luke is an example of how man can learn to subdue his passions and help others to do the same. The trilogies are perfect mirror images. The battle of Naboo is the battle of Endor. Jar Jar is Lando. Obi-Wan and Anikin spend some time apart to have separate adventures as Luke and his friends spend some time apart to have separate adventures, both adventures resulting in a battle of blind aggression which inevitably the protagonist must lose. The death of Padme, which seals Anikin's fate as a sith, is the death of Owen and Beru, which seals Luke's fate as a jedi. The poetry, my friends, works both ways. It's only in the context of both trilogies that either trilogy possesses its full meaning: the 32-year vision of the most imaginitive man who ever made a movie. Your typical "geek" or "nerd" wouldn't understand it, which is why they can look at Anikin expressing his fatal flaws and chalk it up to Hayden Christensen being "whiny"; they can't see beneath the surface of lasers and spaceships to suss out the primal and archetypal story which lies beneath.

George Lucas planets (6 movies)

Disney planets (2 movies)

I'm getting only a bit worried.

There was a ice planet

Oh boy, I can't wait for CGI zombie Christopher Lee in Episode IX: Revenge of the CIS.

Holla Forums btfo

Oh I forgot he passed away
F

What do you mean btfo'd?

I actually agree with you op. after rewatching it in order from 123-456 i like the prequels better.

they could have expanded some of the story and told it better in 1-2 but it was much better than the sequels.

of course you make a movie for children because their parents will take them to watch it, but you develop a story for adults.

but jarjar was supposed to be a sith lord doku was added last second which is why it looks so awkward when he's introduced.

he was supposed to be a contrast to Yoda

I have literally never read nor watched a Jojo annie may or mango.
Have another Jojo reaction image.

Go back to Holla Forums, you subversive Holla Forumssucker

Never been there, so I wouldn't know what to post.
Could you inform me though?
You seem to know a lot about the board.
Apparently they allow anime there.

I have to be a suicidal Jarjar to post there?
How do they even have a population at all then?

See

This thread is faggotry

Lucas is a hack.

DARTH
ICKY

Done, reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/5qlyzw/ive_honestly_come_to_believe_that_the_prequels/

George also had a forest moon, an orange fart planet, a jungle planet base, and two space stations that were not, in fact, moons. Disney's planets are all retarded and gay, it doesn't help that they had a planet gun that blew up solar systems because fuck the New Republic nobody liked the politicking in the Kino Prequels, right? Right?!

Kek they deleted it

holy kek
Holla Forums raids reddit with prequel praise when

Now

When is Holla Forums going to have a stream of the prequels?

(checked)
Honestly, I'd love to raid plebbit with prequel praise, especially if we keep posting the same copypasta.

Lets do it.

Using my Holla Forums shilling account.

What the fuck, my account just got deleted!

Is reddit owned by Disney?

Can we send this to Jenny?

Yes. I had an account in which, get this, I said that the Saiyans had the right idea in wanting to preserve their race and Nappa was probably the most logical ("Vegeta we can mate with them and continue on" etc)

…banned for "Neo-Nazi ideas"

Here's the image, Jenny is braindead but you should send it to her anyways.

We should plan an assault on reddit. Multiple users all posting and upvoting pro-prequel content. We'll have to avoid giving away who we are though.

Don't talk about your mother that way she is a SAINT, a GOD DAMN SAINT

I'm down but remember the three things from previous threads:

kek

One I've gone for is when people bring up shit like Maul I go on about the Sisters/Asajj Ventress/ Etc and they shut the fuck up

When they bring up Sheev I bring up Gay Imperial who has Yogi Bear Plans

When they bring up Gungans, I bring up Ewoks.

When they try to suck my dick, I suck my own

When they bring up "muh Sand", I bring up Anakin's autism being a good reason for his fall

When they bring up "Died of a broken heart", I bring up Darth Plaeugus

When they bring up "muh le Clones? Why not clone Jeedai" explain the EU reasons such as the Battlefront Expanded universe when they say "WELL IT'S NO LONGER CANON" explain that's WHY you hate the new ones

Already sent to that prequel-hating cunt
She never replied though

Someone should tell them that their antiprequel policies are oppressive and no better than Sheeve

Hows the raiding?

Holy shit, I just realized that the names Anakin, Padme, and Sheev are all allusions to the Vedas. Padme means lotus flower in sanskrit, Anakin means warrior, and Sheev is a reference to Shiva.

Damn, maybe the Prequels are kino.

I wish Jenny was here

Who?

Achoo!

May the force bless you