Christians on Holla Forums, why don't you go on /christian/ anymore?

This is a serious question. I'm not trying to D&C or start a fight about what religion is correct. I'm just wondering because /christian/ used to be a very popular board and sometime (I'd say late last year) it suddenly dropped in popularity. I ask this here because I know a lot of people on Holla Forums are Christian and that there used to be a lot of overlap between the two boards.

I'm not trying to cause a fight, I just don't understand.

Other urls found in this thread:

unclesamsmisguidedchildren.com/pope-francis-compares-jesus-isis/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm not. I know most threads that even tangentially mention religion turn into Christian v Pagan v Atheist showdowns, but that's not what this thread is about. It's just asking the simple question of why don't the demographics of a particular board still use that board

They repented of their Judaism and turned to the true religion of our one true Lord and Savior, Adolf Hitler.

I was tired of all of the denominational fighting. I'm still a little undecided whether Catholics are real Christians or not. Not sure for Orthodox either for that matter, but I haven't seen as much of them to even know what I would have a problem with. I actually don't care much either. I hate talking about that crap. What I like is the Bible, and people just ended up arguing about denominations instead, and who gives a crap about that? I don't know what those names even mean, and I don't care. I guess I'm non-denominational, but I didn't even have to consider that label either until recently, because of all of that garbage. It's never been important to me, despite God being the most important matter to me.

That's why I don't go there anymore. I used to like /christian/ for the times when it was nice, and I had something to learn. There were some smart people to be found there and dumb people to be found. I just found the constant bickering, and the endless loop of fighting between three factions (Catholicism, Orthodoxy, and Protestantism) that I couldn't even pick a side on, to be insufferable.

It's possible that religious beliefs are becoming more guarded as time goes on since the SJW menace has become more and more pronounced. Too much of the right-wing political sphere has been dominated by the sort of opportunistic and hypocritical Christians, at least it seems to be that way in America. The whole thing about Lying Ted, for example. Hopefully, the pendulum will swing back as people discover they need the stability of Christ. God is a constant, unchanging, offers the best position in terms of standards of morality to follow. In the meantime, though, the agents of chaos have to be exposed, and that takes a bit of patience while they run amok to be seen for what they are. Or I could be mistaken, who knows?

Agree with you completely here bud.
The Catholics run the place and they're too busy trying to purge the Protties and other denominations because

I'm a follower of the Nicene Creed so I believe that anyone whom accepts Jesus Christ the Son as their Lord and Savior is saved but, damn the mods won't stop the infighting about it.

/Christian/ is nice and all when you want to the history and theocratic elements of religion, but it's not much in the way of practical knowledge or real life application. Hence why I prefer Holla Forums. It may not be 100% Christian, but it's in touch with the rest of the world.

When I left it had been co-opted by some commie atheist faggot, not sure about now though.

Same here. No more, and no less. No works necessary.

Ya, that pretty well sums it up. I like Holla Forums because it gets down to life, and it can still teach me new things. I'm still rather partial to Christ-chan though.

/christian/ is exactly like Holla Forums except replace Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo with Catholics, Protestants, and Orthodox.

Francis' poor choices with the migrant catastrophe and his comparison of ISIS to Jesus and His disciples has made me fall out of communion with the Church.
unclesamsmisguidedchildren.com/pope-francis-compares-jesus-isis/

I went to /christian/ a couple times back in October / December timeframe and it was nothing special then. The "Christians" I met then weren't Christian, they were just larping as "Christians".

I try to ask a question and get righteous fucks telling me how they're each the holiest, most devout, most blessed, chaste, and righteous Catholic as if it's a competition and they know the mind of fucking God.

Those people aren't Christian, they're pharisees. Better to ignore and look elsewhere.

If you want to start a bible study group in your area on /meadhall/ that would probably be more successful and you're more resilient against D&C tactics because there's nothing to D&C in a small group of friends irl without getting a beatdown / acid-bath for it.

Several contributing factors:
- Way too much in-fighting
- Poor moderation: if it's not hot-pocketry, it's absolute absenteeism
- Tulpaposters
- Self-avowed communist tripfags claiming to be Christian with no one actually objecting
- Refusal to acknowledge that the world as it is

While I get the dislike of bickering, I feel like as long as it's real discussion and not just shit posting it should be considered constructive.

Some groups really do believe in heresy and you have to put your foot down somewhere.

This, everyone is disappointed with the Pope actively being our enemy.

Link to a fucking thread on that board and take the discussion cancer there.

I have no issues with constructive arguments. I don't think anyone had an issue with heresy existing. There's certain core beliefs in Christianity that can't be mistaken, and if you think differently than those, then you're simply not a Christian. Consider that "Christian Atheism" is even an entry on Wikipedia. It's a thing! You can't be an Atheist and also a Christian. You can't follow Christ if you also reject his teachings. Consider that Mormons don't even believe in the same Jesus as the one in the Bible. They've got their fanfiction that they go by. That's at least one thing /christian/ could always agree on. There's right and wrong answers to these things, surely, but the three main factions there couldn't agree on some things.

From what I remember, it seemed like Protestants would criticize Catholics for what seemed like Mary worship, and pope worship, and idol worship, and a bunch of worshipping of things that aren't God.

Catholics would criticize Protestants for being heretics.

Catholics and Orthodox seemed similar to me, except Orthodox don't care for the pope, and I think that Orthodox don't think that Mary was sinless, and maybe some other differences.

It's been a while though, so I might be getting some things wrong.

I saw a lot of arguing on the basis of officiality too. Like, they would argue which was the church to "come home" to, because of which one was older, or more official. Things like that. Through all of it, I didn't learn a thing about it.

So, how does that sound to you?

Do you know that, from the traditional Christian perspective, both the Eastern and Vatican churches are heretical themselves?

gee, I wonder why

Well that wouldn't surprise me at all. It seems that way to me too, just from my understanding of the Bible, but I wasn't going to get into it. I don't know enough about Orthodoxy, so I mean that particularly for Catholicism.

I found a new religion.

Out with the new, In with the OLD.

Praise Kek.

Why? This is the first thread by Christians in the history of Holla Forums where they are being thoughtful and honest. If they were always like this, I wouldn't have a problem with them.

It's like languages, when religions separate they develop differently and when the topic is religion, those differences are called heresies. The problem is when they disagree there is sometimes war, but war is part of life too…

That's Jar Jar Binx

Because of the constant Catholic faggotry.

Last time i visited there was a "who is your favorite saint?" Thread.

The stickied rules thread has two degenerate tattooed arms holding a book that tells you not to get tattoos.

Fuck that place

because it's a catholic-cuck hole….like most churches

but don't fret…most of the original Holla Forums that was Xtian left here as well because it's now full of vegi-varg 12 year old edge lords

to answer the flowchart in your pic energy isn't inert
an atom cannot be inert they are always active, they become more active when they are ionized or reduced via the sharing of electrons with other atoms but they are never truly inert

I was a christians too but I recently converted into studying meme magic, praying Kek and Ebola-chan.

There is an objective truth to be had though. Even if you don't believe in that, cause screw people who don't believe in objective truths. That doesn't mean that either people in a given fight are right though. The truth is independent of people. It's going to be true whether someone believes it or not. So, with that in mind, there can be a religion that's correct, and in that case, it's a little strange to call it a religion, cause you're literally just following the truth. Either way, I don't think I've ever heard anyone in my church, or just offline at all, use the word heresy in a serious manner. I've heard a lot of saying what's right and wrong though. I've heard a lot of acceptance of those differences in beliefs though, and overlooking them. The problems really come when the core beliefs are changed. That's a big no no, and basically means you believe something entirely different.

So, all I'm saying, to sum it up, is that those differences aren't always heresies, but if they're fundamentally different, then they're not the same religion anymore, even if they had similar origins… I hope I didn't ramble on too much, cause I'm just about to go to bed, and my mind is already slowing down.

Because they'd rather force their jewish beliefs down our threats on a politics board.

If you fap to Ebola chan, are you more or less likely to get ebola?

user every Ebola-chan worshipper know that it make you stronger and only kill niggers.

You mean Christian, but you don't appreciate what philosophy is if you say things like what you already did, pleb.

this whole 'you're descended from a jewish cult' vs 'no im not jews are the synagogue of satan' stems from the fact Christians cite Christian sources for why they're not descended from jews while people who call you descended from a jewish cult cite largely objective Roman sources and cross-reference Christianities geographical origins and their core beliefs with jewish beliefs to spot the similarities

It was subverted by papists, like Christianity during the "Middle Ages"

Why don't we do what France did in medieval times? Get our own pope.

Given the /christian/ memes I doubt they like current Francis decisions very much either.

Modern "judaism" has jack shit to do with the ancient jewish religion, it's garbage cooked up in the 2nd century by exiled rabbis in Persia. Most Jews don't even know the Torah, only the Talmud.

Maybe they finally stopped LARPing and started to prepare the Holla Forums crusade?

nah try 6th century BC
they plagarised a shit tonne of Babylonian myths and legends which are themselves copies of Sumerian legends during their captivity in Babylon, again thats only the jewish aristocracy the jews themselves were purged or ignored
their myths and legends and stories are false, Genesis or whatever the jewish version of Genesis is is just badly copied stories from Sumer and Zoroaster with a jewish spin on it hebrew names, hebrew blood rituals, laws and rules
whats unchanged about the jews since they rose from the desert and massacred defenseless goy in 1000BC under their leader was their rituals
blood sacrifice, child sacrifice, animal sacrifice, ritualized mutilation etcetera
the story of the jews is not one of 'satan' or some manifestation of evil, its the story of a simple minded, parasitic, savage race of short unimaginative arrogant semites that bred like rabbits, slaughtered the original inhabitants of the levant and claimed it as their own
then afterwards came the abandonment of their ancestral gods for the north arabian war god Yahweh that they believed gave them divine power over all the other races
it wasnt until the 6th century BC however that these parasites would conceive of the notion that the world was made for them and all races of the earth were put here to serve them

The CUCKVOL sucked all the fun out of it but this to ban the cheese pizza, and the board owner left. He came back and posted a thread asking what was wrong with the board. I said "the CUCKVOL" and I got banned.

*failed to ban the cheese pizza
I meant. Auto-correct…

Seriously I laughed so fuckng hard at this, thanks user.