Servo Thread

Hey Holla Forums,

Anybody have any information on Mozilla's Servo engine? I was searching on Mozilla's website, and I came across some "roadmap" plan to create a new, Mozilla only engine. It's written in rust, which I think is another Mozilla exclusive. It's supposed to be significantly faster than Gecko, which is slipping further and further behind Blink/Webkit. Do you think Servo will replace Gecko, or will Mozilla come up with a brand new browser? I'm a little bit worried, because this is what Firefox needs to reach the top. Adding pocket, and other trash that not one person uses, to appeal to normalfags, was a stupid idea. Servo is supposed to be able to rival, and surpass, Blink. Currently, Google Chrome is THE browser. As you guys know, Google is gaining more and more power, and control. They manipulate search history to support millennial candidates (Hillary Clinton this go-around), and of course their egregious privacy policy doesn't need to be repeated. The caveat to Servo, is that Firefox hires "le diverse people", because it fell for the anti-business, anti-capitalist, SJW rhetoric. The programmers over there are barely able to keep Firefox afloat, so how will they be able to integrate Servo correctly? In all honesty, if they can't, I think Firefox is done for. Basically every modern browser runs Webkit/Blink (Chrome, Opera, Brave, Safari, etc.). Gecko, as many of you know, is failing to compete. FOSS is no longer a compelling draw for people who only care about posting Instagram photos on their favorite alphabet soup-run website.

Basically, in a nutshell, this thread is about Servo. Will Firefox be back on top with Servo, or is this the death knell? Firefox is basically the only browser left, a main browser, that isn't complete trash.

>>servo.org/
>>phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTgzNDA

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2016/03/15/mozilla_to_release_first_version_of_servobased_browser_in_june/
blog.mozilla.org/opendesign/creative-strategy-on-view/
engadget.com/2015/08/25/mozilla-hate-speech-reddit-blue-hair-and-nose-rings-ftw/
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=635134#c31
breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/06/22/poll-half-of-bernie-sanders-supporters-back-clinton-22-percent-plan-to-vote-trump/
huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/33-percent-of-bernie-sanders-not-vote-hillary_b_9475626.html
inquisitr.com/3237595/new-poll-reveals-the-growing-strength-of-the-bernie-sanders-or-bust-movement/
forward.com/news/national/343220/is-jill-stein-the-spoiler-in-chief-for-hillary-clinton-and-the-democrats/
blog.servo.org/2016/06/27/twis-69/
blog.servo.org/2016/06/30/servo-nightlies/
servo.org/bhtml-newtab/newtab.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

vaporware

Nah
theregister.co.uk/2016/03/15/mozilla_to_release_first_version_of_servobased_browser_in_june/

They still haven't got Multi-process in Firefox yet, took them years.

I'm betting they'll switch to Webkit eventually, they're the new Opera.

June is almost over. I'm concerned that this will never get released

Wow who knew?

blog.mozilla.org/opendesign/creative-strategy-on-view/

Mozilla is a mess.

Their plan short term is to integrate parts of servo into Firefox.
Long term is a new browser, something like browser.html since XUL is done for and servo as the rendering engine. Not sure what's going to happen to spidermonkey but their JavaScript performance doesn't seem to be the thing that's lacking so they'll probably keep it.

It's time consuming because they are incompetent SJWs who care more about purging wrongthink from their ranks than they do writing good code.

engadget.com/2015/08/25/mozilla-hate-speech-reddit-blue-hair-and-nose-rings-ftw/

wew

Pic related. Madness.

This is exactly what I'm getting worried about. I don't want this devolving into another shitty browser thread, but can Servo save Firefox? This SJW bullshit is killing it; what will we do if Firefox goes under? I mean, we can support forks like Seamonkey or Pale Moon, but don't those browsers take a lot from Mozilla?

MMGA

We revert back to i2p like networks that don't require three layers of insulation (umatrix, ublock and co) to keep from getting AIDS.

thanks

what is co tho?

CanvasBlocker and HTTPSEverywhere for me.

carbon monoxide, a browser plugin that stops unauthorized requests

Just downloaded and compiled servo from github. As expected, it's not working particularly well. Slow and buggy, but at least it runs somewhat

It's only meant to run ok on reddit and a couple of other big sites.

Every shitty browser thread ever.
You'd think even autists would get tired of having the same discussion over and over again.
Unless I've misread the situation and I'm in perpetual newfaggot hell where newfags keep making the same thread again every two weeks because they haven't bothered to lurk.

Firefox isn't dying because of social justice anything, its dying because Google leveraged their market share years back to push a product that not only helped them deliver better datamining websites to the user but also helped build better profiles on users.

Along with an enormous amount of technical and UI debt and nowhere near the resources with one of the most valuable companies on the planet, it was inevitable. But the good news is if Mozilla can survive competition in the browser ecosystem is enriched.

I read that, so reddit was the first site I tried. Seems to load fine, but the layout is a bit fucked (some misplaced elements). Crashed as soon as I clicked a link to YouTube though.

Triggered sjw detected

"Disappearing" isn't the only meaning of dying in this context.

I have seen the light. SJWs are our greatest ally.

Its not dying, either. They wouldn't be persuing a servo future and a replacement to XUL in addition to strengthening the web extension APIs, in addition yo all the technologies along the way that they create and/or sponsor, if Mozilla were dying. They'd be switching to WebKit/Blink.

You're so obsessed with some aspects that are found everywhere in the shithole that is silicon valley that you're rooting for the last browser competition to just drop dead.
I suggest you take your obsession with warning colored females and numales and keep them the fuck out of technology discussions instead of having the same shit threads every two weeks. Its all you subhuman autists discuss, fucking browsers, and you don't even do it well.

Mozilla was a browser made by hackers for hackers. Was. Now it just spit on its userbase for shekels and trying to court the Chrometards.
I'm not even referencing the fact that Mozilla as a whole now looks like a BLM crowd.

sjw pls go
>>>/reddit/
>>>/tumblr/
>>>Holla Forums

There's nothing missing from a present or future Firefox that precludes a 'hacker' mindset, just better extension development that doesn't include a monstrous mistake of an enterprise XML toolkit from the 90s. Browser.html, the most obvious replacement to the toolkit, will be so easily customizable it will make Firefox's theming capabilities look like dog shit.

How about you fucking kill yourself, you retarded subhuman. Go back to your own hugbox if you can't handle being called out for having a perpetually shit browser recommendation thread up.

To be more accurate that toolkit/runtime is Graphene, browser.html is the experiment using it and servo.

Retard. I can point out the Chrome like UI (while polls showed Australis despised by almost everybody). I can point the new "retard proof" signed only extensions. How abotu all the new Pocket and Hello shit? Doesn't exist, right?
You shut your whore mouth, now. We're stuck with this shit, but don't make me believe it's chocolate.

So why doesn't Holla Forums make its own non-bloat super-floss web browser?

Signed extensions are better for everyone, not just retards. WebRTC is something every other browser supports, and it can be turned off with an about config option. Or building your own Firefox.
So can the read it later client. Both are easily disabled completely or compiled out.

Australis doesn't matter because your ability to customize it is not gone, will not be gone and isn't even being planned to removed in the upcoming Mozilla browser experiment, in fact it is embraced. Before the overhaul the browser you couldn't be blamed for mistaking many UI elements of being a remnant from Netscape itself in the late 90s.

Oh and the fact that people keep repeating chrome clone when it encourages you to click the customize button and drag many things wherever you want is ridiculous. Call me when Chrome allows you to do any of that easily, let alone transform the entire layouy and look of thr browser with a stylesheet.

It is rather simple. If Mozilla is going on with only targeting the n00bs they will lose. Because n00bs use Google Chrome or IE/Edge/Safari. If Mozilla is going on with removing features for advanced users they will fail.

If they add again features for advanced users or ricers then people leave Chrome and come back to Firefox - People like that are not using Chrome because it is better but to vote with the feet because of what Mozilla has done to Firefox to be attractive to n00bs. And Mozilla makes the mistake to think that Chrome with it's minimalism and simplicity and non existing choice seen option wise is what people want today and do not recognize that power users/ricers who are now using Chrome are not doing it because they like it but to show Mozilla what happens when they ignore their user base.

It is that simple. If Mozilla is acting in a fair way to the users again, they will be heroes again, otherwise, well, you know what the outcome of all this will be.

It is gone. It is only available in add-on form (CTR) - For many people that is not enough, they want the features still be a part of the core program.

What you can do today with a freshly installed Firefox and what you have been able to do with a freshly installed Firefox below version 29 without installing any customization add-ons..... There are worlds in between.

Australis is a totally crippled UI which was created only for one target group.. the simple users/Chrome users. Because Mozilla still is believing they have to fight fire with fire to win against Google Chrome.

He isn't wrong faggot.

None of the features are missing, its just a different look.

You are able to do the same, just in a different manner. With an add-on (someone already wrote the stylesheet for you and added optional further customizations) or with the stylesheet.

Its typical of autists to whine and shit their pants when a change in presentation is made, even years after the fact. I suggest you get a hug machine for the home. Can probably pick one up cheap through medical surplus.

Nothing missing? Only tons of ui customization features which have been removed and thrown towards add-on developers - which is practically Mozilla saying something like that:

Browser.html will offer a lot of potential for sure seen customization wise, but still Mozilla is saying:

Mandatory signed extensions are better for everyone that doesn't want to install unsigned extensions. Given that the users of Firefox tend to be more advanced computer users, it's a completely idiotic decision to require them to be signed.

I do not want to install add-ons for features which should be a part of the browser. Chat and Pocket is bloat, but not customization which is built inside.

As long as Mozilla is developing for simple fags first, i will use Otter-Browser.

Your first mistake is confusing "hacker" with "insufferable autist whose life and daily routine is thrown into complete disarray because someone changed the wallpaper."

You keep confusing features for stock browser layout. Its a layout. Features have not been removed.

Wow, so hard.

Seriously, guys like you who see built inside customization and options and user choice as bloat, you should not have the tiniest right to have a saying in how technology is advancing.

It is because of lamers like you that we are falling back in the options stone age. Hello! We have 2016, everyone who is too lazy or too stupid to learn how a built inside feature works, therefor calls it bloat and is happy that it is going to be removed should instantly leave this planet!

How about using your brain to get used to a bit healthy complexity in a program and how about stop praising and cheering for simplicity/shiny new age design and minimalism which is all just cancer?

I do not see that features anymore in an Australis build. I see them still in my old version 22 installation.

I would call that removed.

No "complexity" was removed, the layout/presentation simply got an overhaul. All features are still available, if you want them.
Complexity will be removed when they switch to the graphene runtime in either a total overhaul of Firefox or some new future browser, because XUL is from a time when XML was the hip answer to everything and web standards have advanced so far that we can rely on HTML and stylesheets in a toolkit/runtime.

There is only one add-on i install... my ads blocker of choice.

I see no reason why i should change my personal add-on installation preferences just because Mozilla tries so hard to be Chrome layout browser number 2!

Without CTR i even am unable to combine the tab bar with the url field and the forwards/backwards buttons.

Customization is NO complexity. It is a users right to change the look of the program from the inside.

Pocket, Hello is complexity. But that features stay because simple users benefit from these, customization is removed because simple users do not benefit from that.

Quite disappointing for a developer who developed for the majority of time for power users in mind. Go, take your simplicity, design and minimalism and shove it into your tiny pink ass.

Before i would ever touch something like Australis, i would stay with Otter-Browser. Hell, i even would use something like Vivaldi.

Oh wait, i am using Otter-Browser already, so fuck Mozilla and fuck simple users!

And? You still can. That's stock layout/presentation. You can do the same thing with a stylesheet. Its just not stock presentation by dragging an element.

There's no point to argue with you anymore because we've gone from "muh warning colors" to the fact that you're in desperate need for a medical surplus hug machine because you're still bitching about your autistic trauma scars years after the fact. Almost like you have... PTSD from being triggered.
No one cares what fucking browser you use based on stock UI elements.

No i can't - if i am not installing several add-ons.

There was NO need - ZERO need actually - until Firefox 23. From that point forward all has gone downhill and every feature removal was done because Mozilla is jealous of Chrome's user base.

Mozilla sold out and they try everything to get number one in the browser war, even if that means to dump every single bit of advanced features as long as Chrome users are flooding back to them.

This is not only a betrayal of advanced, power users or geeks, that is blasphemy! Mozilla is almost as worse as Opera guys. Someone should invent a time machine, put Opera and Mozilla guys inside and send them back to WWII or get theĀ“m in a bus and send them either to Syria or Afghanistan.

Holla Forums has turned all of you into retarded tumblr-tier faggots

go outside

As has been repeated over and over again: the betrayal was not to power users, because everything is still available, the betrayal was to spergs like yourself who start making inhuman screeching noises when someone paints a room. Your daily routine is then effectively disrupted and it leaves a psychological scar on you.
A severe case of autism, in other words.

Hmm, maybe that's why I responded to the faggots that refuse to use a browser because it was made by an imaginary boogeyman

This thread is mostly about some autist still screeching about how something was changed, and whining about SJWs. The cast majority of it is not discussion on servo or related technology, it's an outlet for subhumans to bitch about their subhuman obsessions.

Hope you guys enjoyed your stay, now fuck off back.

wew look at all the butthurt Holla Forums redditors crawling out of the woodwork to defend Mozilla SJWs. Just because our board has gotten slower doesn't mean you faggots can move in and act like you have always been here. You will never shift the consensus to SJWs dindu nuffin. SJWs absolutely did everything they are accused of. Fuck off you gigantic faggots

I'm sorry, but Holla Forums isn't a safe space for retards. I think you're looking for your hugbox back at Holla Forums

Can we please get back to talking about Servo, and the future of Firefox. Let's make it clear: Firefox isn't bad SJW "we're all equal and oppressed, the world needs to be a hugbox, fire Eich for his beliefs" bullshit is bad.

It's almost like you're trying to be retarded. Pic related. Notice any correlation?

And yes, firing Eich was bullshit that should not have happened.

Without a drop of irony

Fuck off, it's horrendously bad. Mozilla seems hellbent on adding stupid useless bloat like Firefox Hello, whilst removing the features that the community actually wants like unsigned extensions.

It's still the best browser out there, but that's by virtue of every single other browser being even bigger piles of shite. It's not due to Firefox's merits.

Unsigned extensions still able to be installed in certain versions, enabled with a switch. Hello and WebRTC completely optional and disabled with a switch or removed from runtime at compile time.
Stop reiterating the same shit that has been gone over.

shieeeet, it's becuz da whyte man rich and shieeet, thas why we's be dumb muthafucka.

You started attacking someone for, correctly, pointing out that Firefox dropped features in order to appeal to Chromefags (normalfags). Have you not noticed hello, pocket, and Australis? Have you not noticed that the fucking android app can't even open up Holla Forums without crashing? Yeah, you can attack me for trying out the app on Android, but I test everything. I have used firefox on a Max, android, GNU+Linux, and windows. It's slow as shit on everythign about GNU+Linux.

I agree with you. It's just that it's the only FOSS browser, with privacy built in, that doesn't totally suck. I prefer Opera, and if they still used Presto, I would never use Firefox again.

And it will be repeated also... it was a betrayal.

Take a look how many people used a customizable Firefox. Take a look how many people use a Chrome styled Firefox.

It should be more than obvious that Firefox users do NOT appreciate the Google Chrome introduced design/layout/feature paradigms.

Only a minority of users want Firefox to be like Chrome in function, design and features.

No features were removed.
Those features are optional.
You started sperging out about random shit when it was pointed out none of this has to do with servo.
Holla Forums is dog shit on mobile and is only palatable with Ouroboros. Holla Forums is dog shit in general because it can't even keep an uptime above 60% despite the small userbase. I've experienced no crashes with Firefox on android.
Stop derailing the thread.

Yes, that's pretty much it.

Jesus, you're retarded. You should probably kill yourself before you shame your family any more than you already have. Your parents must be so disappointed.

And only the same mentioned minority will defend the feature removal with "you still can install your add-ons to get them back".

You guys do everything to defend your shiny round design, the simplicity and minimalist UI. And all what is offending your holy grail of garbage must go.

Just fuck you.

FUCK YOU!

see

Sperg tears. golden.

Where do you think you are, Chad?

why would servo be any better than firefux? it's written in rust or something? that wont change anything as firefux is shit even without memory corruption bugs. the mozilla banner just makes it sound like not even worth trying out

firefux was dead over 6 years ago. was SJW even a thing back then?

Tears? I only feel motivated to grab a simple fags head and smash it trough the next wall now. Why shedding tears when there is also plain and simple violence? :P

It doesn't matter that they're optional. The point is that they're useless for 99% of people, and time/money was wasted implementing them.

Similar story with unsigned extensions. Yeah, technically it's optional. Completely pointless for 99% of users though, so why bother? It's an idiotic default.

If Mozilla spent less time trying to attract normies and more time paying attention to the people who actually use Firefox, it'd be a fantastic browser.

It was dead because that's exactly when Chrome started to rise up. My point is that "le diverse workers", who don't know how to fucking program, are holding Firefox back. If they would have continued letting white and asian males program, and if they had kept supporting users liek us, Firefox wouldn't be at like 15% Firefox : 60% Chrome share

Certainly not on Holla Forums
I wish cross boarders like you would leave

The question which has to be asked:

Why is so called minimalism today so much more loved than a great built inside feature set?

In the past no one was offended that something was existing, but now people freak out and demand it to be gone.

I would say without Google Chrome we still would have today a Firefox and an Opera which are not designed for the lowest common denominator.

The software industry should not see Google as role model for software design and software feature sets, Google only wants to destroy the competition. And everyone mimicking them is exactly what leads to the destruction of said competition.

So, why not be unique instead of more of the same?

Whether or not they're optional, time and money was wasted on their development that could've been spent actually improving the browser instead of trying to steal Chrome users.

Maybe you've never noticed any FF android crashes, but I certainly have. On top of that, it completely ignores the history settings that I've given it on not just one concurrent period, but TWO. That means that, a few months ago, someone managed to fuck up and break how FF handles history/privacy settings, and some time later it got fixed... And now some other fuckwit has broken it again in exactly the same way. I have no idea what the FF team are doing, but they're definitely not doing it right.

Who talks about Android? Customization makes no sense on mobile devices. But there is actual no reason to kill features from the Desktop version. Mobile and Desktop development should not influence each other.

Another sign of Mozilla's stupidity lately which also can be blamed for feature removal. One feature set and one design for all devices. Never heard of different devices, different usage behavior?

Both addons were developed by other companies. Firefox received compensation, in some manner, to integrate both. The most it required was integrating WebRTC support into the browser which only bettered the browser as a whole, depending on who you ask.

I'm glad /r9k/ meme and emoticon spouting cross boarders continue to derail the thread. You plainly reveal that you bring nothing to technology discussions above flamewars over browsers, and software recommendations, instead of discussion of the technology in the OP.

I suggest you kill yourself.

This is the exact problem. They're in "desperation mode." They don't care about actually fixing the browser, they care about attracting normalfags to get market-share back. What they don't understand, like other have pouinted out, is that if they started appealing to power users only, a whole lot of people would jump ship. Chrome is objectively better, privacy aside, and there are many non-FOSS people who loved old Firefox. If Firefox worred about making the browser actually function, and cross-platfoirm function, peopel would come back.

Instead, they added a Chrome skin, and pocket. And, they hired niggers and women to code.

So both took no dev time or money from FF? Got a source on that?

that consistency though

What is your point? What, exactly, are you arguing for? Repeating "kill yourself" over and over solves nothing.

You forget a big part in the calculation.

Mozilla HATES Google for what they have done to them. They made Mozilla adopt a much more simple browser concept with goodwill-guiding Mozilla into believing that less features and less choice is what users do want and that it would rise Mozilla's market share.

Result: People switched browsers, Mozilla lost market share. Google dumped them, Mozilla wanted revenge.

Result part 2: They have been speeding up their transformation into a simple users compatible browser to finally get their revenge because they are totally butt-hurt.

And the final result, we have threads because of all that crap.

It's perfectly consistent. More than several times you've been told to fuck off and stop derailing the thread and you keep ignoring it. Fuck off, you cross boarding piece of shit.
All you retards do is discuss browsers, and you don't even do that well. You don't discuss technology, you shitpost in browser and software recommendation flamewars.
Kill yourself.

You retards can't even get timelines or cause and effect right.

No I haven't. Newsflash, user: there are several people ITT who dislike the direction that FF is going in.

You're so mad lmao. So how about that source I asked for in ?

Will you fuck off, already? Do I really have to spell this out?

1.) This is a technology board, for discussing technology
2.)Web-browsers are technology.
3.) Thus, your point is absurd.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't useful. Make your own thread if you are dissatisfied. Also, this thread started out talking about the integration of a new engine into Firefox, and NOT as a browser discussion. Fuck you.

good thread

see

Whatever.

Still it is a fact which can't be denied. Mozilla does today all for simple users and all to have their revenge sent towards Google Chrome.

If a company can only define themselves through acts of pure greed and hatred, and this affects all their decisions, how much of value can be such an organization?

It is utterly obvious. Mozilla is running around Google in circles, trying in a desperate way to land some successful blows onto them to become market share leader. Because only becoming number one makes them gain back their lost confidence.

This is beyond pathetic.

The pocket add-on existed before, it was not developed by Mozilla. The hello add-on was developed by Telefonica, probably in conjunction with their FirefoxOS stuff.
No ones mad here, I was hoping for a thread in which we would discuss servo but nope, its filled with the same drooling fucking retards that constantly shit up this board with their "recommend me a browser /g/" "dae not like le mozilla wuts a good browser xd" threads we have every two weeks.
These above examples aren't technology discussions, they're thinly veiled software recommendation threads that the mod lets you faggots get away with despite them being against the rules.
And you aren't content with just shitting up the board in that way, you come into what should be a discussion of future technology and start the same shitflinging you retards are so used to in your containment threads. Which is what they are. Containment threads for fuckhead cross boarders like you.

Fortune: kill yourself

Also, if you are not clever enough to understand that good advice's from a business partner like Google ALWAYS result in your demise in one way or another and instead into a gain for the competitor, you earn neither mercy or market share.

And to put a little cherry on the top, we had also the Brendan Eich case or Gamergate or many other marketing mistakes done by Mozilla.

Mozilla as an organization is both clueless and incompetent.

That's nice dear. This is a thread about servo. Discuss servo or go back to the board you came from.

This is about Servo.

If Mozilla keeps on being assholes to more advanced users, also Servo will not help them.

None of that has anything to do with servo, the rendering engine.
It instead has everything to do with the trauma experienced years ago due to your autism.

Wow, what a brilliant source that is. You've very clearly shown that both of those additions to Firefox cost no dev time to implement or maintain at all, as claimed. Good job to you, for finding such fantastic evidence. I might even have to archive this one to show others that one time some raging user on Holla Forums said something so it must be totally true

sure thing bud

You haven't discussed shit, you've just autistically raged because some people on the internet are daring to disagree with you.

For what it's worth, I've been trying to discuss Servo since the start of the thread. is me.

Last time I tried it:

Nice concept of parallelization, the main devs use the strenghts of Rust for it. With the strange story of Firefox OS and weird people in the management, the future of servo doesn't seem clear.

The brilliant source is a search engine. You've moved the goalpost from "developed" to "spent time integrating."
Discuss servo and stop shitposting, then.

Says the simple fag who loves one size fits all - you should be eradicated from the surface of this planet by all means.

See
I never specific "developed" or "spent time integrating".

I was discussing Servo/Mozilla until you started sperging out, You're the only one who's shitposted with dumb flamewar ranting.

If it matures and becomes usable/stable, I'd be interested to see which other browsers (if any) decide to use Servo. Seems like there'll be a lot of advantages if it lives up to the promises

If Servo becomes also a Chrome similar thing.. and it will become one... How does that help Mozilla? Firefox would be seen even more as a copy-cat company who can only be inspired by others work instead of doing something unique on their own which is at the same time niche market compatible instead of mass market compatible.

Servo is supposed to finish off Blink/Webkit for good. if it's truly faster, or as fast, the market-share will come back. The fact is that Gecko doesn't cut in anymore.

How could Servo become a Chrome-like thing? Servo is only the engine. It's the browser that Mozilla is currently making into Chrome, but the engine itself AFAIK isn't too bad. Even if the Mozilla Servo browser is a Chrome rip off, other projects should be able to use Servo to create a decent browser

Firefox UI is heavily inspired today of Google Chrome. Same like Servo as a whole will be heavily inspired by Blink.

If you can only find inspiration in others work and you are unable to do your own thing, this is not good.

No one will use a Chrome clone. Servo will not save Mozilla.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

See
Stop derailing the fucking thread, you retarded cross boarding piece of dog shit.

Mozilla is in the same boat like Opera. They too changed engine to get all Chrome users, but it was not helping them much.

Also they killed off all their unique features. Now a lot of users are running towards Vivaldi or other browsers.

Mozilla does the same. Sacrificing all for the less experienced users. If they sacrifice all what was unique about Gecko, and they have as much Chrome parity as possible, why should someone use a copy-cat browser?

Really? Firefox is becoming more and more a lame copy of another browser. For one reason, Mozilla wants to be the same way of a major player as Google with Chrome.

And this makes them sacrifice the origin user base who want to have unique features what people like you would call bloat.

Mozilla will never become market share leader. But that is something they can't accept on their quest to damage Google with Chrome because of their wish for revenge.

They will gain a good number of users, that is true. But they will NEVER become the browser war leaders.

Tell me when you can change the entire look of the browser back to the "old Firefox" and much different with a single stylesheet in chrome. This entire fucking thread is you sperging out about Australis. It has NOTHING TO DO with the fucking rendering engine.
Go back to your browser recommendation threads, you fucking retard. Or better yet, back to the board you came from.

Christ, are you still here? The thread has moved on from your autistic sperging out and is finally back on topic. Ironic how you're the one moaning about other derailing the thread

Glad to see you're still mad :^)

When I asked for clarification and a source, I clearly said "no dev time or money". By the way, you still haven't given me an actual source for your claim.

Forced to compare Firefox with Chrome to make these days Firefox look good and also being forced to mention third party resources to make it attractive?

How funny. You never would have been forced to mention user styles or add-ons during the Firefox 20's series. Because it WAS better.

I'm very doubtful that Mozilla will gain a good number of users, Servo or not. As long as they refuse to develop for the audience that actually uses their browser, nobody will switch. Google has far more money than Mozilla to be able to throw into developing a good browser for normies, the only way for Mozilla to win that game is to refuse to play and actually develop for their niche - power users.

I know that when Servo is stable, if Mozilla refuses to release a decent browser then I'll hop on the first non-shit open source Servo browser that the community provides.

Also, it is not entirely true that Firefox with Australis can be more customized than Chrome with just a single user script (not included, add-ons).

Vivaldi for example which is Chromium based has a non native UI, so called browser.html technology. You can rewrite every single bit of the UI.

Australis sucks against that possibilities. If you do not count add-ons into that calculation.

Anyway, if i compare the feature set of Vanilla Firefox and Vivaldi - Australis looks rather bad.

Perhaps that changes when browser.html is also hitting Firefox.

But i give you TWO things: Firefox is better than Vivaldi, because it is Open Source. And it is better if you count add-ons to the setup. But out of the box, Australis feature set is laughable.

You are still here whining about Australis and "much chrome clone"
The clear implication was that you believed they'd spent massive amounts of time developing it, you've been forced to move the goal posts after it was pointed out that both were developed by external companies and bundled into the browser. They're a browser bundled add-on.
YOU believe you're forced to use an add-on/stylesheet because you personally do not like the new interface. Plenty of people were forced to use an add-on or userchrome customizations before Australis because of their personal taste differing from the stock presentation.
No features were removed, the stock presentation/interface was changed.

None of this has anything to do with servo. At all. You're sperging just like you sperg in your browser recommendation threads because you're still fucking traumatized years later.

No one gives a shit about your mental illness, nor do we care about what software you prefer. This is a thread to discuss servo.

Well, they will gain some. Quite a lot of users are pissed with Chrome. But not enough to change the market share rankings. But i would say the gains that Mozilla will reach with Servo could be 10+ %

More browser recommendation shit, of course. All you can do is fucking opine on Vivaldi vs Chrome vs Firefox instead of discussing the topic in the OP.
Not even sure why I come here anymore when software recommendation flamewars shitters like you don't stay in your fucking containment thread.

Features are removed. What is not in the core anymore and only in add-on form is not a part of the core program and therefor removed.

This affects also Servo builds. The features are not there anymore. You have to install third party resources. for gaining them back.

Fucking Mozilla shill! How much do you get paid for sucking their ballz?

You show again why simple users should not be allowed to have a saying how technology is advancing.

You guys should be put out of your misery. I heard the moon is a nice place, how about you ask Nasa to gain your free flight?

Features were not removed, presentation was changed. Features to enable the previous presentation do not require an add-on. They require modifying the stylesheet. Or using an add-on.
Go back to your software recommendation thread, you fucking retard. Or better yet back to the board you originally came from.

You seem really upset, aspie. How about you put a bullet through the back of your skull so I don't have to spend tax dollars on treating your mental illness?

BECAUSE IT IS COMPLETELY RELEVANT TO THE THREAD

From the OP:
If you stopped shitposting for half a second and actually bothered to read the thread, you'd see that people are saying that Firefox currently sucks because it caters to the wrong crowd, suggesting that even a new Servo-based browser will fail if Mozilla keeps making the same mistake

It's not irrelevant just because you disagree with it

Oh? Show me how i can combine tab bar and url field/forward+backwards button in one bar with a simple script but no add-on?

Show me how i can recreate the add-on bar or external toolbars with a simple script but without add-ons?

Again, these features are removed from the core. It does not matter that they are still available over add-ons. They are GONE from the core.

Upset? I would be upset if i would try to cut your head or your body into pieces and burn you into ashes or if i would send you with a pig head to a bunch of Muslim extremists to see if you would be alive afterwards.

That i would call being upset.

It is irrelevant in the context of servo. It will be on top because servo fundamentally kicks the shit out of everything else due to parallelism. On top in this context is benchmarks. No one cares about your dumb browser software recommendation flamewars except for you. What matters in the context of technology is superior rendering performance and safety.

Not understanding the difference between discussing and being upset... I fear you are the real Autistic here.

I'd need to fuck around with user chrome, but it's possible.

I'd call being upset sperging out over a UI change years after the fact, using emoticons, talking about setting someone on fire or cutting them up because they told you that you are autistic and should kill yourself. Which you are, and which you should.
Hopefully eugenics comes back into style, just think of the suffering that could be prevented if mental illness like yours was completely eliminated.

That right there is called an opinion, user. You're entitled to one, just as much as everyone else. Saging, flaming, and sperging when confronted with an opposing opinion to yours is not the correct response because this is a discussion thread, where opposing opinions are welcome. Do you understand now?

The only one who was sperging in response to being told to effectively go back to your software recommendation thread is effectively you, fucking moron.
You've been told time and time again that you are wrong, and no underlying feature has been removed. You have no idea how to use user chrome and yet you're embracing Vivaldi as some sort of revolutionary browser.
Fuck off, retard.

userChrome*

Vivaldi is a piece of shit Chrome re-skin, but you are a complete idiot if you actually believe that. Download both, and use both for a bit, and then tell me that, out of the box, Chrome and Vivaldi are equal.

You have no idea what userChrome is in tge context of Firefox and you're shitposting in a Servo thread.
This is the typical browser flamewars shitposter, everybody.

What are you on? I never said anything about Vivaldi, for one. I'm STILL waiting on that source I asked for from you. I never said anything about features being removed.

I don't think you have much of a leg to stand on, calling other peoples' behaviour sperging when you're responsible for this hilarious piece of autistic rage here

Vivaldi and Opera are better than Chrome because they have built in mouse gestures, you would think it would be easy to just download a mouse gesture addon for Chrome but it isn't, most are old/broken or have spyware.

KDE Fiber when?

Mozilla Open Design

branding without walls

I know this isn't related to Firefox but you might be interested. bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=635134#c31

oops, I mean not related to Servo...

Aww shieeettt, e10s for the chrome process and Wayland coming soon one after the other. Should make a new thread, that's sexy news.

damn, I almost had a bingo there

Sure is servo discussion in here

Exactly how high are you?

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/suicide/

The Kike lost, and it's Shillary vs. Trump. Who the fuck do you think they'll vote for?

they're just not going to vote. More millennials have voted for TRUMP than Hillary.

lmao ur literally Obama's cuck if you vote for Donald Trump.

good thread tbh fams

Blame cross boarders
They need to be genocided
Funny how Holla Forums thinks their shitposting in another board isn't akin to a Mexican shitting up the US without naturalizing.

You again lol

"cross boarder" isn't an insult, stop trying to make it into one. Nobody cares what you have to say

Cross boarding is an insult.
Go back to Holla Forums of Holla Forums or whatever shithole you came from. No one cares about your faux technology discussions in the form of browser/software recommendation flamewars in general.
And then, hilariously, when you fucking retards get called out you attempt to derail the thread yet again with some half added babbys first political discussion.
Fuck off, subhuman. You're no different than Mexicans who migrate to the us and shit up the place without naturalizing (lurking.)
Get fucked.

Apparently we are...

...It's vaporware and everything! Just like Servo!

Servo isn't vaporware because its already released yo the public. Fiber is vaporware because all that exists are concepts and screenshots.

Monopolizing a board/thread with it is bad, but please don't expect everyone to be a robot only talking about /boardname/.
Also

You are obviously new to image board culture. Cross boarders are ones who are not naturalized/haven't lurked/shitpost with the express purpose of shitting up a board with discussions they can go and have on their other garbage board.
You have no idea what you are talking about, you fucking retarded sack of shit.
Don't proclaim that the instance of cross boarding made obvious in this thread isn't a problem.
And lurk more, dipshit.

And yet you complain about others being from Holla Forums

Cross boarding is not an insult. lurk moar, m8

Cross boarding is an insult, when its obvious you are a cross boarder. You fucking retard.

Stop trying to make it into a thing, it's not a thing and it never will be

for what it's worth, the only boards I visit frequently are Holla Forums and /wx/

You are very new to image boards.
Unless you are the retard up thread trying to turn this into a software recommendation thread or trying to derail it with Holla Forums shit, its not relevant.
You need to lurk more anyways because disdain for cross boarders has been a thing for years and years.
Fuck off. Talk about servo.

Started on 4chan 6 years ago. Been here since it was Holla Forums.co. "Cross boarder" is definitely not an insult.

laughinggirls.jpg
do as I say, not as I do. amirite?

Yes, it is, especially depending on the board.

I am not bumping the thread with shitposts after almost 200 garbage posts made.by faggot cross posters from Holla Forums and probably retards from Holla Forums.

Stop posting, you are just embarrassing yourself now.

Well we're on Holla Forums, and it's not an insult here clearly. If you ever spent time on Holla Forums, you'd know that

I'm hanging around in this thread because I'm still waiting on the source from way back. You gonna post that any time soon? I have time, don't rush on my account

crossboarder is definitively an insult, much just a generalized form of Holla Forumstard, Holla Forumsirgin or Holla Forumsack.
threee of the most obnoxious communities where people don't bother to lurk before they shitpost.

the fact that you're defending and even continuing the discussion from up thread means you need to stop posting, right now.

You seem very inconsistent. One shitpost you sperg at how nobody's discussing the thread content, next shitpost you say otherwise. Which is it?

the other poster (not me) was calling people out for turning this into a software recommendation flamewar.
you were wrong about "crossboarder" not being an insult, and you're wrong about this.
congrats on fagging up a thread that could've been used to actually discuss technology. I'm sure you're so proud of your contributions to an anonymous technology forum shitposting about browsers every few weeks.

I've been discussing servo since the start of the thread, m8. Only reason I've given up now is that the thread's been dead for ages.

I'm not wrong about crossboarder not being an insult. I've been exclusively lurking Holla Forums (and /g/ before it, on 4chan) and porn boards for a long time now, and I've certainly never come across that term. What happens on other boards I don't give a shit about, but crossboarder simply isn't a thing that's said here.

The thread never was a software recommendation flamewar, and if you think it is then you didn't read the thead. Discussing Firefox's faults is well within the scope of a thread relating to Mozilla's new browser technology.

Out of interest, have you actually contributed to discussion?

cross poster, Holla Forumstard, Holla Forumsack, Holla Forumsirgin. those are all terms that denote crossboarding.
someone tried to make it one by bitching about australuis
no, i just found this thread, but good job continuing to argue about fucking nothing and bitch about, apparently, someone spending a few hours of dev time to integrate completely optional addons into the browser instead of discussing servo.

great contribution there, jackass.

fuck off now.

Which is, again, a completely reasonable thing to discuss. Read the OP:
Australis caused a lot of controversy for FF users. Discussion of australis (and Mozilla's other controversial decisions) is perfectly reasonable to answer the above question in the OP.

Everyone you're bitching about has contributed 10x as much as you, and you're either too stupid or too proud to admit that you're wrong.

That doesn't make crossboarder an insult. It's the difference between calling someone a nigger/paki and calling them a non-white.

cutting out useless shit used by next to nobody, and wrongly by the remainder is chemo, especially when unhindered exponential growth of widgets and switches is the cancer that kills projects.

use blender some time and ask yourself if you need all that power if you're forced to ruthlessly micromanage it.

are you even following the election process?
breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/06/22/poll-half-of-bernie-sanders-supporters-back-clinton-22-percent-plan-to-vote-trump/
huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/33-percent-of-bernie-sanders-not-vote-hillary_b_9475626.html
inquisitr.com/3237595/new-poll-reveals-the-growing-strength-of-the-bernie-sanders-or-bust-movement/
forward.com/news/national/343220/is-jill-stein-the-spoiler-in-chief-for-hillary-clinton-and-the-democrats/

No, what Holla Forumstards want to do is extend their safe space out to the rest of Holla Forums. Not everyone wants to complain about SJWs and post trump memes, it's Holla Forums, I want to discuss technology without someone screaming jews and cucks. Whenever someone mentions this you have a hundred Holla Forumsacks crawl out of the wood work to complain that not everyone is a neonazi like them. Telling people that they want a "safe space" for disagreeing with your stupid political shit on an irrelevant board is a major case of projection.

sage because not tech related

What a calamity of a thread. I'm going to ignore it.

Has anybody other than that one guy tried out servo in its current state?

Where can I read about Mozilla's long-term plans with browser.html, graphene, etc?

You fucking apparatchiks need to kill yourselves, worthless degenerates

And Holla Forums wonders why no one likes them.

this setting is soon to be disabled forever, and it warns you of that when you change it. please go away if you don't know what you're talking about at all.

No, it won't be, especially not in the dev and unbranded versions.

Is there an image board that isn't shit?

Kill yourself.

You're a fucking derailing idiot, and this is from a poltard. Yes the SJWs have fucked shit up, but this is not the place to talk about it. This is a thread about servo, the Holla Forums side, and the SJW side can be discussed on Holla Forums.

Not now at any point.

Nigger that was my first post in the thread, blame your fellow Holla Forums niggers crying about truthful things posted early on like (((mozilla))) removing all competent workers with their socjus shit.

I am Holla Forums you fucking nigger. You need to leave.

And I'm supposed to know how? Discuss Mozilla's horrendous hiring policies in another thread, this one is about a different subject matter.

My personal opinion, but from what I've seen, Servo is very promising. However, even if it rivals Blink/Webkit, there's a good chances that it will be used in Firefox to implement even more bloatware in a desperate attempt to outdo Chrome.

There may be a silver lining though: there's a very good chance some more simplistic, customizable, modular browser will implement Servo. In that case, it'll outperform Chrome and FF for some time (until it also gets overloaded with bloat in the following years).

You're gnew, aren't you? Merchants are part of imageboards, now.

you seem to have made a mistake. this is Holla Forums, not /g/. also, merchants are fine, but derailing topics is not.

For what it's worth, this can be patched out. I know that Debian does this, and I have the specific patch bookmarked somewhere

That's because they use a differently branded version of firefox.
In unbranded and developer versions, that option will not be disabled forever.

It's not because they use a differently branded version, it's because they patch it out. If you search on the Debian mailing list, you should be able to find the patch that is applied

Debian no longer uses an unbranded version of Firefox, they recently resolved that dispute and switched to FF ESR

We came from /g/, retard. Also, my first post is explicitely against derailing.

I'm sure you listen to all those refugees too when they claim everyone else in a country needs to bow to them or leave, right?

smh tbh fam

blog.servo.org/2016/06/27/twis-69/

Firefox preview of servo/browser.html is imminent

What the fuck are you even saying? You need to leave. I'm not interested in (((your identity politics)))

It's funny how this analogy continues to allude Holla Forumstards.

politards are trying to do to Holla Forums exactly what SJWs have done to Mozilla

Hi Sarcuck

go back to reddit sjw faggot

go back to reddit sjw faggot

I think SeaMonkey will be able to stand on its own, provided that there's an archive of extensions and a group of dedicated autists ready to
FUCKING CONTRIBUTE.

Sage for offtopic

fuck off

>>>Holla Forums

Fuck off, pink-haired cunt. Technology and politics are not always mutually exclusive.

Go back to tumblr

>>>Holla Forums

>>>/reddit/

examples of worthless posts

This thread was good, was, until it was crashed with no survivors.

Back On Track

When will Servo actually be incorporated in Firefox, for general public use?

Firefox 178, or 179.

I call bullshit. A nightly version of Servo for GNU+Linux is already out:

>>blog.servo.org/2016/06/30/servo-nightlies/

Lrn2read.
They made it only because they promised to be ready in June, not because it's even ready for nightlies.

>servo.org/bhtml-newtab/newtab.html
Even more cancerous than I thought they could be.

What the fuck happened? Don't they get enough funding from Yahoo?

Nigger who cares?

Do you know that the demos they link to run like total dogshit on any current browser renderer, while they run perfectly under Servo?

Shit's awesome.

Oh a servo thread that's an interesting piece of technology to discuss, let's see:
Another proof that Holla Forums is literally Holla Forums + Holla Forums.

That combination shouldn't even be possible.

Go back to reddit

Maybe not directly.

Well and then there's you who is clearly also from Holla Forums and retarded as sin.

No. Firefox was pretty far behind Chrome when they announced Australis. You don't expand your user base by alienating the users who actually stuck with FF when chrome was not only less bloated but faster and more secure.

not much of anything

Mozilla wants those ad shekels.

They can turn it around but they've shown no willingness to do so.

Sure is Holla Forums, and not D&C. Gnew as fuck.

Most retarded post of the week. It's a an HTML/CSS engine, faggot. And if it was a browser, no sane person want a bloated piece of shit with anything "built in".

He's obviously an Opera user. The Chinese botnet has him now