I2pd 2.8.0

You know what this means, anons? This means i2p torrenting without Java Soon (tm).

Other urls found in this thread:

gnunet.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's great news. My router is arm based so I currently have to use the proprietary java (even though an user once told me it works well with openjre, but that was a lie). I'm a little worried about the safety of using a non-standard implementation though.

m8, i2p has a well documented protocol and standard, you have nothing to fear.

Fucking great to see.

Now if only i2p had better services...

gnunet.org/

What does it have to do with i2p?

this means i2p can be embedded as a library in my malware

So theoretically, someone can rewrite I2P with a safer language like Rust?

Sure. But you already have one in C++ here.

great, so now i can run some shady p2p program and know it's gonna get stack smashed instead of just whatever fuck ups they could pull off in a memory-safe lang

If you think java makes you safe you are the cancer killing the internet.

this ignores the security issues. c++ is easier to break than Java or Rust.

And C/C++ have incredible tools to deal with "breakage". Bugs come and go, but shit performances (for Java at least) stay.
Rust is too immature for now.
Also, C/C++ don't have "security issues" as languages.

sage negated ;:^)

What are some cool eepsites

Sure they do. I read a whitepaper about it awhile ago, which I don't want to incorrectly paraphase, but basically it showed how our favorite global passive adversary could quite easily attack self-hosted compilers so that the malicious code could never be found by inspection.

HEY GUYS I REALLY LIKE DICK I MEAN RUST, SO WE SHOULD MAKE IT RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST GUYS RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST MAN RUST IS MY FAVORITE LANGUAGE RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

This attack can be mounted against any language. It says more about the viability of a "trustless" computing environment than specific languages.

(checked)
none, i2p is dead

nah

What's so great about rust? Isn't that an SJW language.

Wrong thread, m8. Also, you need a new brain if you think that language quality depends on this kind of things.
Just boycott the leftist community if you want only the language. Or just use C, that doesn't have any "community".

Like the writers of every good OS? Yeah, thought so.

lawlz

lol inb4 NSA shills trying to discredit Rust because it would stop stack smashing attacks (not that the problem existed after the 90's when memory-safe languages became mainstream).

Or maybe this is NSA shills trying to discredit anti-Rust sentiment by having a bunch of retards argue against Rust, because they have a backdoor in Rust, or Rust is broken in some way that will give new life to the "memory-safe isn't safe" meme.

take yur meds bro

kill yourself moron.

it's arrogant to think that you are special enough to be trolled by TLA you silly narcissistic rando.

Not an argument.

There are some problems, but less than in other languages. inb4 no handholding so you have bugs.

You still use gcc 2 or what?

if you can't come up with a real argument on the internet you are literally retarded