People that don't use Winamp are digital illiterate

People that don't use Winamp are digital illiterate

People who use Wimamp use Windows are digital illiterates

agreed, and winamp users who don't use the original skin don't understand true aesthetic beauty.

Couldn't agree more!

Best skin of all times, btw.

I used winamp for many moons, now I have gotten lazy and just stream everything .

foobar is better

At least if you are gonna be a wincuck use foobar. mpd on GNU/Linux is master race though

I'm not 12.

Who cares? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.. There's nothing more to be added to it.

It's still shit compared to foobar, so…

this comment would be relevant if you were posting in the 90's

how?

guess you're the true one who is tech illiterate. :^)

nice argument, friendo, you sure proved me wrong :^)

Like I said, there's literally nothing to be added to winamp. Does foobar have more bells and whistles or something? Does it have prettier skins? If only I was petty enough to care about bullshit like that.

Hahahahah
A Winamp fucking user calling others petty for their bells and whistles
No, Winamp's the one that's a lot more bloated with unnecesary shit. Foobar's a lot more customizable, but takes a bit mote time to set up than Winamp's babby skins.

Either way, software projects are never done. "If it ain't broken don't fix it"? Winamp's probably broken in many, very specific ways you haven't ran into yet. Or it could be further optimised with some new technology. Or maybe it could get its code cleaned up so it's easier to write plugins and extensions for it. There's always something to do. It's silly to think updates are not necessary, they're nice to have.

That's only if you decide to implement that "bloated shit". The setting are pretty in depth and you can disable all of the bloat shit.

top kek m8, I have been using winamp since I was a teenager in the 90's. The shit has never crashed once. It serves its purpose, why use anything else for audio?

All I DL is mp3 or FLAC, why would I need more plugins? Most people don't use winamp for other media files.

dude what?

OMG IT'S SO BLOATED, MY COMPUTER IS GOING TO CRASH! get real faggot

you heard me, nigger. Saying 12 year olds generally choose winamp in 2016 is a strawman.

It's because people like that the world is a shit place! Shame on you!

shamerfur dispray

How is this better than VLC?

for video you use MPC you fucking tard

but I use VLC for video

most people do. The MPC faggots love it because it has extra options to create screens and other things.

WIndows? Are you out of your mind?
that shit is full of viruses.
Never use windows online
Not for any reason. Ever.
It is alright for games as long as you play by yourself on in a lan party.
Never online.
Winamp is so bloated and buggy that roaches camp out in it..

Vlc can handle any format I throw at it and it dosen't ever crash. Its a great audio and video player. I don't see an issue honestly.

The worst are people streaming albums and shits, I like internet radio but thats for ambiance, if i want to really hear an album I don't want to hear it in shit compression.

WIndows and winamp are tools of Satan to rule the minds of children..
When you play Winamp backwards it says "Paull is dead".
When you plat the Carpenters backwards it says "Karen don't eat"
Demons are called up by the bloat ware that is WIndows.
If you want to go to heaven you need to use a Linux distro.
It is the only way to get to heaven.

You're a fucking idiot lol. I downloaded freemovie.avi.exe and now I have a virus! This is Window's fault.

Lol I guess I'm a wincuck because I like having the best driver and software support. Stay classy Linux fedoranator.

what the fuck even is this?

it looks like a disgusting version of some type of music player.

get that gay shit out of here.

keep it on your windows 95 computer faggot.

i really miss winamp

someone is stuck in the 90s

You can still install it retard

Being serious:

If it needs a special player/codec beyond that just delete that archive if you dont know what is happening.

trips

Winamp + Cold Fusion Skin

i dont use it because it does not run on linux.

mpd + ncmpcpp

is that a cli player? if it is how do you use it with over 100k files? command line is horrible for anything complicated like handling multiple files

you're right! It's the current year, we need to abandon old things, even if they are still great.

I use Ipod skin

It's very easy to handle lots of files. I guess it depends what you mean would be difficult. Adding files to a playlist is very easy, you can select multiple directories of music to add to a playlist if you want. Removing things from a playlist is very easy, there's filtering, there are hotkeys to select all items by album or artist. Navigating is easy as well, you can navigate by album and artist as well so you don't have to scroll 1 line at a time. If you are good with the keyboard, it's very nice.

My biggest playlist is only 12,468 items of classical music though, I tend to split playlists of other types of music into specific artists rather than dump everything into 1 playlist

Oh, and if the terminal isn't your thing you could get a graphical front end for mpd as well for anything that you find too difficult to do in a terminal. Since mpd is just a daemon, you can use any client you want to connect to it. That's the nice thing about mpd, you don't have to rely only on a terminal client like ncmpcpp. You could have a terminal client for simple tasks, and a graphical client for anything you think is too difficult to do in the terminal. Or you could just have whatever graphical client you like best. I haven't found a task too difficult to do in ncmpcpp though, so I just use that.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Nice pasta. Yu're mother is ashamed of you.

Interface too pretentious.

Simpsons is for parasites.

I think it whips the llama's ass..

taxation is not theft.

Tinha que ser brasileiro.

It's so small you can fit it on a fucking floppy disc.
Fuck your retarded bloated shit, faggot OP.

what about AIMP? I used winamp for 18 years or so, didn't like any of the gay music shit they're pushing, itunes and spotify and w/e the fuck else faggot shit.
I use AIMP now, it's pretty great.

Nice projection there, faggot.

Am I able to play my records on winamp?

Winamp user here

Until it stops working on a windows box. I will always use it.

I'll stick to Foobar thanks.

I used Winamp for 5 years or so before switching over.

Just download vinyl rips

Winamp is not abandonware, AOL is working hard to reenergize Winamp!

XMPlay is really awesome. However for fast searching and organizing your library Winamp is much easier and I totally understand the people who prefer that.

Always sound like shit, better get 24bits (real) or cd.

So far I got both winamp and aimp, but mostly use winamp.

winamp is the icq of media players

you can name a better one?

disdain
such pleb

eq is for tryhard audiophlebs who can't pick speakers or headphones with balanced frequency response and volume. it means you never heard realistic digital audio in ur lifetime.

I'd prefer xine anyday.
abandonware winamp doesn't even support streaming unlike clementine

I had all of those at some point, what makes them better than winamp?