So, now that Batman dusted, what did Holla Forums think of this movie?

So, now that Batman dusted, what did Holla Forums think of this movie?

I thought it was breddy gud, and they at least tried to do a good job even if it's not a perfect adaptation. It does lose a lot from not being a comic, but there's really no way to outdo DKR.

Also, the OST is amazing. Christopher Drake billy berserk.

I liked it quite a bit, but it is 2 movies.
What was left on the cutting room floor aside from Batman's inner monologues?

Just 26 days until Killing Joke is out and the preview made it look like I wouldn't enjoy it.
The batgirl pre-cursor movie that comes with only reinforced that idea.

All the worst Batman movies have Damian Wayne in them so it is nice to know I wouldn't even be able to call it the worst animated Batman film in the case that it does underpreform.

^This. The movie could have been total garbage and the soundtrack would have still made it worth it.

I miss it when batgirl was allowed to be cute

I kinda liked how the Joker actually looked beefy and strong in the film, as opposed to the skinny mess he's usually portrayed at. It makes it a hell of a lot more believable that he'd be able to go a couple of rounds of fisticuffs with Batman instead of getting punked almost immediately.

And yes, Christopher Drake's soundtrack was fucking godly. Most of the stuff he makes is amazing, but he really went all out for TDKR. I was listening to it the other day whilst playing Alice: Madness Returns, and the combination was like being on audio-visual crack.

I hated the movie and hate source material.

Because that is how someone who wakes up from a catatonic state would look like.

Care to elaborate?

It is a bit heavy handed with its "society has gone to shit because a fictional superhero isn't there to protect it.".
It takes the Ayn Rand approach of making the opposing side either evil, stupid, or both. Yes, I know that there are people that retarded IRL.
The thing that started the Batwankfest and this is coming from a Batman fan.

That's not what it's about.

You mean except for the part where it displays both the good and bad of both sides of the "Batman debate"?

Yeah, it's not. Read comics.

Like god damn dude, if you think the book is Pro-superheroes you missed the point big time.

The same thing is true if you think it's anti-superheroes

I don't believe you.

Also, the first page was a text dump with people talking on TV. Seriously, why have a budge of panels just showing TV screens and text?

Is this bait?

Welcome to Holla Forums, where the contrarians don't actually read comics and the newfags try really hard to fit in.

Look at this mess.

Why don't you petition my opinions away?

Well as far as being heavy handed, I don't think it lays it any more thick than Red Sun's "Communism is shit m8"
Also you completely are wrong if you think that the "opposing side" isn't given a fair shake here. Look at Two-Face, the mutant leader and Joker waking up from his coma. As far as this comic starting Batwank? Even if it had nigga, so fucking what? Are you gonna blame a successful comic for getting imitated by hack fuckers who don't know what made it liked in the first place? Are we gonna talk shit about Alan Moore because of the Guy Fawkes mask and Project Chanology? Also
Hello there halfchan, out and about today, huh?

The fuck does this videogame shit have to do with the fact that you don't read comics?

That's how we know you really aren't.

Covering your ears and ignoring facts won't do you any favors.
To show both sides of the "Vigilantes: good or bad" debate.
If you're not going to read the source material, then why even bother discussing it with those that have?

You could at least attempt to not samefag so obviously.

I'm convinced at this point that we just have one sperg that masturbates over Brave and the Bold and hates The Dark Knight Returns for making Batman "dark", as though that wasn't the original intent behind his character.

Yes, why would they ever show tv in THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS? It's not like it's important to the main idea of the story or anything.

Red Son was retarded, not because of the heavy-handed narrative, but because superman turned PURE EVIL because of the dirty reds, and also the terrible ending.

Because it was shit when he did it.

The muh contrarians argument.

kay

You can't read context, can you?

The layout looks like a screen draft.

The ending was retarded though I'll admit

But you've only been spouting your HAWT opinions user

Nigger what are you smoking?

I wouldn't be surprised, it's almost always just one faggot who can't contain their autism whenever a particular thing they don't like gets brought up.

…so

If we are talking about dark. I liked Batman Beyond.

It does affect how they grow up, but it doesn't really make sense in Red Son. Superman was still himself for most of the book, just Russian. He turned into a veritable supervillain at the end, I even recall him enslaving lex luthor at some point? And working with brainiac?

Tell me Brave and the Bold is shit. Then we'll start to honestly listen to your arguments, retarded as they may be.

Just to be clear, I don't know the context because we have no IDs here.

Why?

You have ruined this thread.

If you didn't reply to me, this would have happened.

Darling.