Mediafire Is Now MALWARE

If you use Mediafire for anything, pop-under ads will come even if you use Ublock. Even if you're using Linux, it can still install malicious cookies, cache, etc to your computer, and Holla Forums's paranoid when even big companies mine your data, so why not get suspicious of small-time companies? You're safe if you use Linux, a VPN, noscript, and automatic cookie/cache deleters, but that's too much work to just download something from Mediafire without tracking/malware on your computer!

Care to elaborate on how cookie and cache malwares work?

I'm not sure, but if browsers download cookies/cache, they can be used to trace your IP, browsing history, etc

trips

Guess now would be a good time to shill JDownloader2 then, huh? Too bad about the Java, but at least it does its job and does it well.

is what normies actually believe

no even worse

say one reason why being written in Javaids is bad. protip: you can't
btw where do you download the source for JDownloader? Last time I went on their site the link was broken

I used plowshare

I doubt the malware could do shit on gnu/linux users.

The 'shit consumer site' is the only site I can use to download certain files with a much lower chance of direct malware, and as for the ads, Mega doesn't have pop-under ads that bypass UBlock Origin like Mediafire.

because you need the JRE to run it. I don't use any other java software, and I'm sure as fuck not installing java just to run jdownloader

Why not torrent?

Some files aren't available anywhere else, and there's less chances of malware with torrents. Cannot use Linux and don't want to bother with antiviruses, so I have to be very careful.

Or just use >>>/file/ you stupid newfag

Did you even click on it you stupid piece of shit? Its a special board made by HWs for uploading non-images

is it anything like jdownloader? that thing that kept installing new 'updates' every day with no way for you to know what it actually was?

Wow this thread is retarded.
Wow this board is retarded.

RIP 8ch

Didn't know about that, thanks user.

>"Linux"
Have you considered suicide?

This is two-thirds of the internet to be honest. If your not using not only uBlock but, Privacy Badger [or similar] as well, you losin'. Do you have any idea what's in Facebook and Google Ads or that they also put cookies on your computer, even if you have uBlock.

It's like you secretly love getting pwned.

This C&D shill. Remember, ignore anyone who speaks ill of Holla Forums or Holla Forums.

B- for the effort that went into this bait

Why would I need privacy badger on top of noscript, ublock, ghostery and disconnect?

what's cancerous about epub
better yet: what's the alternative

Are you the autist that spammed Holla Forums telling everyone to use some shitty fucking jpeg garbage?

Hahaha you're like 6 years late on that one nigger.

how do I find these evil cookies