German government reviews adblock ban by law

This bullshit is getting out of hand, seriously
archive.is/Yjt0B

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/66cSI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

germans are authoritarians that like to ban things

more news at eleven

This is still a new quality of invasion into peoples privacy.

weeewwwwwww

Good, fuck the thieving little shits who enjoy the fruits of hard working content producers and don't give anything in return.

germans are fucked/cucked/jewed to the max.
even more news at eleven

Found the asshurt "content producer".

Live to the Land Of The Free South America

It's a good thing I'm dead inside or else I'd be depressed. Best meme of 2016, by far.

Google translate sucks. What exactly is the ban that the article talks about? As far as I can tell, adblockers are perfectly legal in Germany

Linkara is that you?

His beauty transcends words.

news sites

FOSS download sites

lwn.net has banner ads according to their FAQ

Did gentoo.org have ads? I cant remember. I don't see any ads when I run emerge --sync. What are these other FOSS download sites aside from your distro? Sourceforge? I heard that's full of malware and only really every got windows binaries from there. I don't think Github has ads either. Plus distributing files is already solved over p2p, for example you can just use torrent. No ads needed. If your project is so obscure that nobody is seeding it, seed it yourself.

News sites are mostly garbage and citations of citations of citations. There are like 5 people who matter in news and it would be better if people just donated to them directly instead of form an industry around them. Even if there was no money backing news there would still be news because people naturally want to talk about things to each other.

I'd be interested to hear how they could prevent the adblock usage or monitor if people are using it or not. If I make a request in Germany to German server and it responds with text content, the server has no way of knowing what do I do with the text after I receive it. This includes filtering it to remove ads.

Only thing I can think of that could somehow let the server know of adblock usage is that Firefox, some addon or javascript sends this information to the server. Javascript I have disabled by default through policeman but I have no clue about Firefox or adblockers themselves, if they somehow send this information to the servers where the content is fetched from.

The people suggesting this law seem to have no clue of how the internet works. I'm no expert either on it either but monitoring adblocking should be pretty much impossible to prevent completely.

You can detect adblocking in some ways:
- Have the ad inform some other piece of the site via Javascript
- Detect unusual requests, such as a request for everything but the ads
The former is of course just a part of the cat and mouse game that these faggots have been playing for years and the latter can only be used after the fact. But you can see that it isn't completely undetectable.

>The people suggesting this law seem to have no clue of how the internet anything works.
Welcome to Germany, this country is a fucking mess.

They want to make a ban, it doesn't exist yet.

It has five really small ads on the bottom of the front page

Well, they can't force me to use javascript, can they?

holy shit. I'd just leave it disabled and kill myself if/when I get arrested. i bet they'd take the more "reasonable" approach of allowing disabling JS, but not using an ad blocking program, however they classify that

they also let (((experts))) formulate an education plan that sees teaching 12 year olds about gay anal sex, dildos, fisting & darkrooms

archive.is/66cSI

tfw Funcom killed Anarchy Online

Fuck you. You are not entitled to making money off of me just looking at your stupid shit. Put your site behind a paywall if that is how you feel.

Tough shit, faggot.

Well said, and I suggest that sites that does not want adblockers should add themselves to a list we don't visit. If they insist on allowing admen to botnet my pc, I insist on ignoring them.

(pic not related)

what do