Windows Abuse

Why are you all so hostile towards Windows users? I feel unwelcome whenever I make a thread about Windows.

Other urls found in this thread:

4chan.org:80/g/
zdnet.com/article/trend-micro-antivirus-industry-lied-for-20-years/
symantec.com/connect/articles/securing-xp-desktop-part-1
howtogeek.com/137270/50-file-extensions-that-are-potentially-dangerous-on-windows/
heise.de/tp/artikel/5/5263/1.html
archive.is/4ZqLv],
archive.is/a2X7d,
news.softpedia.com/news/Forget-about-the-WGA-20-Windows-Vista-Features-and-Services-Harvest-User-Data-for-Microsoft-58752.shtml
archive.is/p7s17]).
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sage

bump.

Will you not talk to me? What's going on here?

Not an argument.

Because shindows totally sucks dicks.
And shindows users suck dicks, too.

Please do not feed the windows users.

>>> 4chan.org:80/g/

Shills are overdoing it with this forced meme lately.

Are you upset that I just bumped the thread after you saged it?

Because it's bad for you. It restricts your freedom and it's badly made.

We don't hate windows users. We hate windows. We believe your computing experience will be significanly improved by switching to GNU/Linux.

It won't

It does, and it is

You should feel unwelcome. Windows and its users have no place in Holla Forums, aside from the butt of a joke. Install linux or get out.

True
As a developer who works almost exclusively with Windows Servers (Linux is like less then 1% of our customer base) I don't agree with this.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

I know why Holla Forums is so hostile to anything that isn't pure GNU/Linux, /g/ both before and after we left was a cesspit. I'd still maintain that Holla Forums needs to get the 10-foot stick out of its collective ass. Doubly so since so few people here actually program, as evident by the shit-slow pace of any programming thread on here. It'd be preferable to try and hold up a high quality of posting about any technology topic, rather than just shitposting every non-libre software thread to death, but that'd require a degree of vigilance that no board, Holla Forums included, on this site is capable of keeping.

I'm not even trying to be holier than thou, because I'm not immune from the bikeshedding that goes on here either, but that's the truth of the matter.

>OSX macOS
>Shit for programming, mediocre to shit for everything else

Microsoft? More like Mi¢ro$oft if you ask me!

Holla Forumstards are really overdoing it with this false logic lately.

People are too autistic to recognize operating systems that actually work and have software people actually use are superior to memes that only autists use.

I'm not hostile, I just feel sorry for them and don't want to indulge their flights of fancy of thinking that it is a even mildly tenable environment.

Even Linux sucks, largely, but Windows is just painful and the emotional outward push of disgust... is sometimes the only means to pressure people into the "least worst option".

Because they're autistic NEETS that have not and will not ever accomplish anything in their lives and only find solace in shitposting on a broken imageboard while waiting for mommy to bring them their tray of pizza rolls.

FUCKING STOP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

just because i don't care, let me break it down. as many probably already have.
Windows is built to fail, you would have to do the equivalent of pulling teeth for it not to
deliberately! errode itself over time, either by viruses or its own filesystem. and software promising to be a protector is a joke. An example of this on windows are antiviruses. they don't actually prevent anything and companies use and abuse this lie. zdnet.com/article/trend-micro-antivirus-industry-lied-for-20-years/
"You have to go beyond Symantec Antivirus and actually lock Windows down if you want to make sure your computing environment is actually secure."
symantec.com/connect/articles/securing-xp-desktop-part-1
Take note how symantec themselves use the words "actually secure", this means that windows with a standard user with admin rights or an antivirus is NOT secure.
In order to remain relatively "secure" on windows you have to block everything from being executed,
howtogeek.com/137270/50-file-extensions-that-are-potentially-dangerous-on-windows/
have a good knowledge of dll execution and anything installed would need to be ran from a sandboxed account. this is merely because you can not read a binary file and wouldn't be able to verify it. Not only this but you would need to dig deep into the registry to stop DCOM from actively trying to publish rpc over the internet. Doing so is the very definition of being an insane [1] tryhard [2]. Using *NIX is the most sanest option. Holla Forums is hostile towards windows users not only because it is proprietary software but mostly because those who use it are literally insane and deluded.
[1] Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert Einstein
[2] Failing to achieve from doing something continuously and pretending to assert an authority of inteligence by doing so

How many times have you had to revert from W10 in the past week?

Because using GNU/Linux to shitpost on Holla Forums is the greatest achievement in my life and I have to flaunt it whenever possible

3/10, I like your style, boy.

It's like pol and Jews. You guys have made a circle jerk about Linux. I have tried VM of Linux but I still use windows 10 for vidya.

shit bait

See:
Oh yeah, and the sheer amount of random crashing that has fixes that usually have no logic behind them, or no fix at all. It actually pains me whenever I have to use Windows at school, or on my designated Windows PC because I find everything is always crashing.

I'm not OP but I have had Windows 7 since this whole Windows 10 debacle began and I only had to install updates once. Because I never tried to reinstall them. Ever since then no problems.

For all the bluster of "forced" windows 10 upgrades I have not been affected more than a mild annoyance. Easily correctable.

I find it funny than on Holla Forums it's okay to be a computer illiterate fucking idiot so long as you use Linux.

i hope you find a hot chick on a dating website that agrees to go on a date with you. when you arrive at her house to pick her up she invites you in and offers you a drink. half way through the drink you start to feel really light headed and the last thing you see before passing out is a large dark male figure enter the room wearing a mask. you wake up slowly feeling groggy unable to move your arms or legs. you realize you are tied to a metal bed frame. you look around the room and see the women sitting on a chair in the corner, she stands up and leaves the room turning to look at you once with a large evil grin of her mouth. after what seems like a hour you are now fully sober, you realize that you have shit and pissed your self. suddenly the door opens letting in light, the women enters the room and again sits down in the chair in the corner of the room without a word. you plead with her to let you go with tears running down your face but she just sits there staring at you silently with a smile on your face. suddenly you see the silhouette of a man in the doorway, he is wearing a mask with his beard flowing out from under it. the man very slowly walks toward you. once he reaches the bed he leans down and puts his hand on your thigh. he places his mouth against your ear, you can feel his hot breath against the side of your head. after what seems like minuets have passed the man finally speaks; "I'd just like to interject for moment......."

Is this enough?

It's partly a meme that carried over from cuckchan /g/ and is funny to repeat, and partly that Microsoft does loads of fucked up shit to their users. Sure there are people who are pretty much locked to using Windows because they have gayman computers but I suppose it's pushed so hard to encourage people to learn about open source software, though this has it's own drawbacks of encouraging sperg behavior...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask those sorts of questions, though you can always work on not taking things to seriously. That's really the point of chans, it's an outlet to be anonymous, vitriolic, and hyperbolic for cheap chuckles.

This guy gets it

>Imageboards are for shitposting, $MY_FAVORITE_SITE where the real discussion happens
You're the reason the site is so far down the shitter.
You have to go back

CVEs are reported vulns. If you found and fixed 1000 Linux kernel bugs that number would be really high, but Linux would be more safe as a result. It says absolutely nothing about what bugs are left undiscovered

sorry for bumping b8 thread

Proprietary software is haram.

It may not be perfect, but it is the superior OS for gaming and it works for what I need it for.

Windows is good at consuming, Linux is good for producing. If you use Windows, it it assumed you consume but never produce, i.e. you take but never give.

Am I missing something here or are you all on a level of autism where most of you won't even consider using both?

You should be.

What is a tendency?
Also, Windows most likely has tons of undisclosed vulns.

No the os is not superior for gaming.
The games are adapted for the platform.

Most people here dualboot, but pretend to be full GNU/Linux wizards. They only use GNU for screenshots of their riced desktops tiled window managers.

i use windows because im not intelligent enough for anything else.

hell, i cant even learn coding unless someone is right next to me guiding me through every stupid little thing and explaining things to me.

man, i wish i wasn't so fucking stupid and have these shit genes.

Desktop threads aren't even allowed here.

Oh it sure fucking is. I know, I have to code on the fucking thing. It's been all down hill since Windows 2000. Coding on it is far shittier than coding on Linux.

to be hoenst, the only reason I use windows is because of unity3d

It works on Linux

I dunno how it is now, the last time i tried unity3d on linux i coudn't even create a new scene without crashing the program

I wouldn't go that hard on Linux, but the Linux fan club is definitely filled with complete spergs who value technology for its own sake rather than seeing it as a means to an end.

It's comparable to that.

They're nothing alike.

There is a consensus on the social justice movement. There's also a consensus on using Windows as an operating system. It's not worth explaining repeatedly for each new user that decides to visit Holla Forums.

I use Windows 7 for gaming still, but I'm not making pointless threads about my shitty operating system.

Windows as DRM in it and it's technically spyware (heise.de/tp/artikel/5/5263/1.html [archive.is/4ZqLv], archive.is/a2X7d, news.softpedia.com/news/Forget-about-the-WGA-20-Windows-Vista-Features-and-Services-Harvest-User-Data-for-Microsoft-58752.shtml [archive.is/p7s17]). This will never be accept on Holla Forums weather your will to live with or not. With the sole exception of >>>/kind/, put people on blast for thing that are bad or disliked is the 8ch way. Live with it or leave those are really your only options.