RX 480/70/60 General discussion thread

With the NDA lifting soon, AMD is making GPU's great again.

RX 470 within 5% of 970 performance at stock clocks

guru3d.com/news-story/radeon-rx-470-benchmarks.html

Overclocked RX 480 to hit 1.5 Ghz on air, matching R9 Fury X with unlocked voltage control.

wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-1500mhz-overclocking-tool-voltage-control/

XFX reference 480 leaked revealing specs and included backplate.

overclock.net/t/1603257/jd-xfx-rx480-8gb-pictured-with-official-specifications

Post leaks and benchmarks here.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.blender.org/index.php/OpenCL>>614324
wiki.blender.org/index.php/OpenCL
pcworld.com/article/3083208/linux/linux-gaming-poised-for-a-boost-with-new-hardware-vulkan-graphics.html?revision=2
wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-overclocked-1600mhz-cooler-detailed/
videocardz.com/61275/amd-radeon-rx-480-review-live-stream
techpowerup.com/223440/msi-and-asus-send-vga-review-samples-with-higher-clocks-than-retail-cards
twitter.com/GFXChipTweeter/status/745768255529295872
luxrender.net/wiki/GPU
developer.amd.com/community/blog/2015/07/10/collaboration-and-open-source-at-amd-blender-cycles/
amazon.com/Accell-B087B-002B-UltraAV-DisplayPort-Dual-Link/dp/B002ISVI3U?ie=UTF8&keywords=bizlink active displayport adaptor&qid=1435597922&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2
countingdownto.com/countdown/rx-480-nda-29-june-2016-countdown-clock-0
gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/47415663#47415663
youtube.com/watch?v=ozATbV11rBA
youtube.com/watch?v=2GdfDCq86Gk
pcpartpicker.com/list/qL9XHN
hardforum.com/threads/first-gaming-benchmarks-up.1903628/page-2
gamerevolution.com/news/the-witcher-3-has-won-more-game-of-the-year-awards-than-any-other-game-36313
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4qclw2/feeling_when_you_wake_up_and_its_june_29th/
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4qfwd4/rx480_fails_pcie_specification/
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=home
techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/RX_480/
semiaccurate.com/2016/06/29/amds-radeon-rx-480-review/
wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-asus-strix-msi-gaming/#ixzz4D1GlO5f2
tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-295x2-review-benchmark-performance,3799-14.html
archive.is/4FxEF
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4qmlep/rx_480_powergate_problem_has_a_solution/
computerbase.de/2016-06/radeon-rx-480-test/12/#abschnitt_viel_potenzial_fuer_undervoltage_bei_der_rx_480
wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1060-special-launch-event-july/
fudzilla.com/news/graphics/40994-nvidia-has-no-16nm-yield-issues
videocardz.com/61769/exclusive-powercolor-radeon-rx-480-devil-pictured
youtube.com/watch?v=vazL57c4nq8
forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29722219&postcount=10494
guru3d.com/news-story/amd-possibly-will-be-using-xx5-revisions-e-g-amd-radeon-rx-495.html
a.cocaine.ninja/awiwtg.jpg
videocardz.com/62117/amd-confirms-radeon-rx-470-and-rx-460-specifications
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If the 490 has HBM2 it would smash the 1080/70

Leaked Sapphire and PowerColor reference versions.

I wish the custom PCB's would get leaked already

Fug, I have so many options for the PCI passthrough build I'm planning. I could probably get two 460s for the same price as one 480, and have one for the host and one for my windows vm. Or I could get just one for my VM, and upgrade to a 480 later and shift the 460 to my vm...

I would recommend a 480 for gaming and a cheap 5450 for the other OS.

that's another thing I'm considering. I already have a $30 HD6450 for linux. However, a 480 could just be plain overkill for my purposes, and getting a modern gpu for my linux install would be good if I want to do some UE4 dev in linux.

The 470 will have 970ish performance and you could use that as you main card. What type of gaming do you want to do, 1080p or 1440p? Any VR?

You could get 2x 470s, one for Linux and on for Windows.

How would they perform for 3D modeling and rendering in Blender? I'm thinking of getting this over Nvidia.

No idea, wouldn't a firepro workstation card be better for professional tasks anyway?

Possibly. It's only the price that would make me wanna choose the Polaris cards. I'm curious why the workstation cards are at a much higher price, though.
This will be my first time building a computer in general, so I don't know for sure.

Sure, if you want to pay $1000-3000 instead of $200-300.

Because the businesses will pay for it anyway.

They should do pretty good if the 480 getting Nano-Fury X performance is to be believed.

I do 3D Modeling on a low end r7 240, but i am not any good yet, just learning.

Workstation cards are expensive because you are paying for
-Specialized drivers optimized for accuracy and specific programs
-Support
-Certifications

Workstation cards are what your company buys for you.

Are you me

tfw still no opengl4

I'm gonna stick to 1080p monitors, but if I had a sweet GPU I'd do 1440 downscaling for an AA solution. I'm also considering the 470.

let's be real, what kind of professional task would user be doing that a 480 isn't good enough?

idk, I've been recommending these $30 radeons to people for a month or so now. the open source Radeon drivers are just perfect for linux desktop. nvidia drivers are painfully bad and crash-prone. hopefully the new open source AMDGPU driver will be as good as the old one by the time I get the new cards.

The support for Cycles on Blender is limited for AMD, though. Seems like the workstation cards won't be compatible.

wiki.blender.org/index.php/OpenCL>>614324

So should I buy an RX 480 or wait for Vegeta?

I was considering buying the 390X when stores start clearing them out, but may just buy the 480 instead.

Should I upgrade?

Oops, messed up:
wiki.blender.org/index.php/OpenCL

Consumer whores like you will be the first against the wall.

Don't bother replying to bait, and besides, another good reason to wait for 480 is to be ready when 10/12b HDR monitors appear/go down on price (depending on your financial situation) besides being able to simply crossfire them if you need more power.

only if there's a game you can't play at good settings or a driver problem you need fixed.

a weapon to surpass a 750Ti

I wasn't even planning on buying a new GPU soon but I have a 750TI and RX460 is compelling

well finally amd is picking up pace but where the fuck is zen

Apparently zen releases in october

Linux gaming is poised for a boost with new hardware, Vulkan graphics

pcworld.com/article/3083208/linux/linux-gaming-poised-for-a-boost-with-new-hardware-vulkan-graphics.html?revision=2

Actually it seems like it won't reach mass availability until early next year, but with all the rumours and shit who knows. Vega should also be released in October.

Rumored Vega 10 in Oct, Big Vega 11 in 2017

HURRRRRRRRRRRRR

do you even customs bro?

no I don't, especially not nvidia

So if I want to play all the new games spending $100 on a card, should I use a card from this new generation or an older one? I play games but I turn them all to lowest if I get a single FPS drop. Not really into expensive cards because I think they'll still have me setting the graphics to low, and I don't want to heat up my house.

wait for the RX 460 to release, see how much it costs (should be around $100), and then see how much the price of other cards drops (such as the gtx 950 or the 750ti). then look at the benchmarks and decide which one you want.

or, wait for Black Friday and you can probably get a RX 470 for ~$100. Then you'll play pretty much everything at a solid 60fps 1080p.

arigatou gozaimasu

Kill yourself faggot

SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD

Get a job

Pick one and only one.

Don't discuss anything Holla Forums related

You're special aren't you?

Enjoy your gimped drivers faggot.

How much does Jewvidia pay you to shill their over-priced, over-hyped products?

This gen will have much better price/performance and heaps lower power consumption

I'd wait for the 460.

I wish i waited but i didn't know if they were going to make a low-profile Polaris 11 so I went with a ASUS R7 240 with a fan, it OC's well though, no problems there.

I actually really like that design.

Its a nice clean design, i hate it when coolers don't align properly with the Expansion slot bracket.

I wonder how good the reference board and cooler OC's. The reference board is built by sapphire and judging from the spy pics looks overbuilt compared to an usual reference board.

doushite?

what? not being a consumer whore isn't even remotely correlated with communism

I had used AMD/ATI exclusively before I bought that 780. I never had problems with them because I'm not an incompetent idiot.

GIVE PROOFS!

I really hope the 480 doesn't cost a tonne more in Canada, I would like to upgrade from my gtx760. Is there any pricing or performance details on rx470 yet? I would assume 470 would be around $150 USD and 460 is $100 usd but not sure.

I'm guessing around 180-245$ CAD

RX 470 within 5% of 970 performance at stock clocks

Around GTX 970 performance, since it is just a cut down 480 it should still OC 400-500Mhz also.

Finally, I can actually use all the pixels on my 1440p monitor

fug

Guess I'm going Nvidia.

I'd wait for the Polaris/Vega workstation cards with HBM2

AMD RX 480 Reported to be Overclocked To 1.6Ghz+

wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-overclocked-1600mhz-cooler-detailed/

Looks like retailers will have plenty of stock on day one.

it doesn't say how it was cooled so probably LN2

the 1080 has gone over 2.8 on LN2

Not even once.

nVidia is more competent at writing propiertary drivers that works without hassle. And even Intel has very good opensource drivers since sandy bridge.

It's always the fucking AMD where installing the wrong version of (updated) drivers causes BSOD, the install process is slow, and on the Linux side they have 3 different brainded shit that someone always complains about it on various forums.

I agree that nouveau is shit, but you can still plop in the binary blobs and use the card right away.

videocardz.com/61275/amd-radeon-rx-480-review-live-stream

of COURSE we can't have nice things

botnet plugin? it is just the crimson overclocking tool

Is there any useful information on there? I'm not familiar with current benchmarking software.

need a new card and trying to decide

wasn't he the chinese guy Oc'ing it? Apparently it got up to 1500mhz but black screened at 1600, it is a reference version though.

techpowerup.com/223440/msi-and-asus-send-vga-review-samples-with-higher-clocks-than-retail-cards
The plot thickens.

I think custom boards with either 2x 6pin or 8+6 pin power delivery and maybe binned chips will get to 1600Mhz, if so the 1070 is on troubled waters.

It's given me hope for a free future.

Relevant

Hey, you can't shoot my whales! How am I supposed to make money selling crappy items, goy?!

So why do you guys hate NVIDIA sp much again? Besides the prices.

come to think of it, radeon runs 8GB priced at 229$ while nvidia runs 24GB at 4,000-7,000+$...

for that price you could buy 17 different radeon units..

Was thinking about the 480. Anything at this point will be a massive upgrade from my 5770.

nvidia is dead

Anybody know if it'll be possible to crossfire the 480 with an R9 card?

but macbook won't process 24gigs of data, and pump out fast game loads and render whole games on Blender3D.

Max Digital Resolution - 7680 x 4320

5°C per frame

Read the article. The shenanigans are occurring with nvidia GTX 1080 cards, not amd.
They think it may be occurring in GTX 1070 cards as well and are investigating.
In nvidia's defense, it seems to be Asus and msi behind it, and not nvidia.

Still, I have heard AMD’s Linux drivers were even worse than nVidia’s. Is it true or is it just nVidiots hard at work?

Which one has shittier linux drivers seems to shift every 2 or 3 years since the turn on the century so you have to look at the date of such statements.

What did he mean by this?

We might see Vega sooner than we thought.

Luxrender seems to work fine with OpenCL, plus it's FOSS:

luxrender.net/wiki/GPU

Don't know how it would perform with the newer cards, though.

AMD has two linux drivers, nvidia only has a wrapper for their windows one. If they were doing anything more it would be a derivative of the kernel and illegal.

It's limited, but the vast majority of stuff works. The wiki talking about how AMD Blender was behind was last updated May 2015. Last summer, AMD went out and did a ton of work on Blender, they fixed the vast majority of the problems.
developer.amd.com/community/blog/2015/07/10/collaboration-and-open-source-at-amd-blender-cycles/

Nvidia proprietary >= AMD open source > AMD proprietary > Nvidia open source

I think Nvidia proprietary and AMD open source is a tie. Nvidia doesn't have the performance hit the AMD open source ones do, but you're at Nvidia's mercy that they continue to support latest kernels and xorg ABIs. They do a good job, but there's always the risk they'll stop and you'll be fucked.

Not to mention some people care a lot more about having free and open source software. But you do lose some performance and features with the AMD open source drivers.

Hopefully their new AMDGPU driver, which is a hybrid between open source and proprietary, fixes the problems with radeon driver.

In what? Making older cards obsolete? Spying on users?

NVIDIAFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Wait it only has hdmi? I cant get a new gpu and a tv

3 Display ports, 1 HDMI, and it's supposed to have stuff on the board if non-reference models want DVI.

It's 200 dollars I'm sure you can afford a monitor.

If you can't, why the fuck are you buying a new GPU you poor piece of shit

HDMI first appeared on the market in the early 2000s, in 2004 5 million HDMI devices were sold, in 2007 143 million HDMI devices were sold, 2004 and 2007 were 12 and 9 years ago respectively

Now I don't want to go out and use ad populum fallacies, but you really should have at least 1 device by now that has HDMI, they have cheap 20-inch 1080p displays for 100 bucks on the market now for fucks sake. You're shopping for new GPUs yet you don't have a proper HD display?

You can get a display port to HDMI/DVI adapter for 10 bucks. Put in an extra hour at McDonalds and you'll be fine.

You'd need one of these if you want more than 60hz.

amazon.com/Accell-B087B-002B-UltraAV-DisplayPort-Dual-Link/dp/B002ISVI3U?ie=UTF8&keywords=bizlink active displayport adaptor&qid=1435597922&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

I got a 1440p monitor and thinking about picking up a 1080p 144hz monitor eventually for gaming.

Will one (or two) 480 do or do I need to look at 1070

I'm really hoping these cards will be as good as advertised.

I have a R9 280x currently and its been causing me headaches as of late.

I've only had this card two years and its already acting funny.
Constant driver issues aka the screen blanks out but audio still plays.

It also has this annoying habit that if my case shakes too much the card crashes, I think its because the card is too big for my case.
The card is about a foot long, and 6 inches wide.

Really hoping this card redeems AMD for me, because there is no way in hell I'd buy Nvidia after learning of their Jewing.

Had a 6950 before this card and I honestly don't remember it ever having a single problem.

I would go for the 1070.

When crossfire actually works, 2x 480s would be enough, but crossfire and SLI are wildly inconsistent. A second card gives you anywhere from 95% to 0% extra performance depending on how an engine is optimized for multiple GPUs. Some new games will just outright crash with multi GPU setups until they get a patch that can take weeks after launch.

Unless you're shooting for 4k, You should go with the best single GPU you can afford. Crossfire/SLI is better suited for an upgrade later down the road, when the cost of getting another of your card has dropped significantly, you need an upgrade to keep up with new games, but you don't want to pay the full price of a current top end GPU.

I would at least wait for Vega/RX 490 to come out and compare them then. If the 490 has HBM2 it should beat the 1070/80.

The reference versions wont get to 1.6Ghz, they are limited by the blower cooler and the 150W limit. But the custom boards and coolers should hit 1.5 if not 1.6Ghz

There are various drivers for each vendor.
AMD should have three drivers, if I'm not mistaken.
The old open source one, which was decent, the old closed source one, which was utter garbage, and the new, unified one, which is shaping up to be amazing but isn't there yet.

nVidia has two.
The open source nVidia one is absolute dogshit, thanks to nVidia's lack of help. They've been helping here and there after Torvalds' famous middle-finger, but it's just nowhere near enough.
nVidia's closed source driver is, as another user already pointed out, basically a wrapper for their Windows one. It caused some major pains in the past (mostly to packagers for various distributions), but it has one thing going for it: performance.

When I bought my current PC almost two years ago, AMD's new driver was already being worked on. However, it was nowhere near release and I didn't want to risk buying a card, having to hope the new driver wouldn't be a disappointment. So I got a 970 (no, the whole 3.5GB bullshit came to light later and I'm still pissed).
I totally made the right call. Almost two years later, amdgpu still doesn't get anywhere near their Windows drivers in terms of performance.

Ultimately, you have to decide what's important to you. If you actually need a 300$ card for its 300$ worth of performance on Linux, AMD just isn't an option, if you need said performance right now. If you don't need all that performance, you can go ahead and give nVidia and their shitty business practices a miss.

Can confirm, AMD has three drivers for linux:
Radeon/ATI: The old open source one that most people with AMD cards are using.
FGLRX: The closed source one, a fucking pain in the ass since every time you update Xorg or the Kernel you have a very good chance a new compatible version didn't come out, which results in a broken system. At one point I had to dubiously download some Ubuntu leaked beta package from megaupload that AMD decided to give to Canonical beforehand, then extract it to get the installer in order to update.
AMDGPU: The new unified version which has a pure open source implementation, and an optional proprietary blob called AMDGPU PRO that gives increased performance and lives on userspace, thus not having problems with upstream since userspace is obviously stable. If they achieve this I'm in love forever.

XFX RX480 Black Edition OC with a DP to DVI cable

Well well well, another GPU discussion thread...

the heat measurements are really worrying me. should I wait for the 460 instead? i don't want a god damn oven inside my pc

That's pussy-tier shit. ASUS boxed their MARS II (Dual full-clock GTX 580s on one board) with a VGA adapter.

t.fisherman (illuminati lizard-people)

it's the stock cooler user. the temps should be fine.

Well hey, I can't say it didn't work as intended

But seriously, It's the stock cooler. Just wait for the later revisions with beefy coolers. No need for panic.

huh? It's out already?

In about 1-2 days it will be

I hope that AMD switches to using Rust to rewrite their drivers in, like Intel is planning on doing.

Wait for the custom coolers. I hope we see a hybrid cooler.

holy fuck dude, your electricity bill must be in the hundreds yearly

NDA AND CARD LAUNCH IN 1 DAY

countingdownto.com/countdown/rx-480-nda-29-june-2016-countdown-clock-0

Retailers better not jew everyone on the prices.

Why?

Please dont let this gpu be a meme
I dont want to buy an older, slower gpu for the same price but seeing what they promise for 200€, this one could start burning inside my pc as soon as I bootup

lmao

Alright the 970 is better than rx... on what exaclty? I cant really tell and the picture being in polish doesnt help

RX480 disappointment?

Zotac OC'd 970 has the same performance as a stock 980. That benchmarks is a bit sketchy though, the 380X figure is bullshit, it would come no where near a 970.

WAIT FOR THE REAL BENCHMARKS NOT DODGY POLISH BENCHMARKS

so basically 290X performance then?

8 hours to nda expiration.

inb4 yet another humiliating AMD failure
inb4 NvidiJew monopoly
inb4 1180 confirmed for $999.99 MSRP

TRASH

typical amdrone

How retared are you?

Counter-sage

confirmed underage

They at least care for the consumer, open source drivers, no proprietary shit, eg gimpworks, planned obsolescence drivers, overpriced reference cooler.

It is objective that Nvidia is a bad company for consumers.

NVIDIA SHILLS BTFO

LEVEL WITH +200MHZ OC'd 970, BASICALLY STOCK 980 SPEEDS

And that is without an OC on the 480

wow it's only 10% below a card that's so old newegg doesn't even carry it anymore

amd is truly cutting edge technology

Look at the price retard, price to performance.

The min fps on year old games is going to be shit on your brand new card even at only 1080p.

enjoy your peasantry I guess.

WAIT FOR THE PROPER BENCHMARKS

I'm probably going to wait for Vega.

RX 490 LEAKED ALONG WITH OTHER POLARIS CARDS

I might as well, depending on the 480 performance.

I was going to buy the rx480 these days, but I guess it is better to wait for the 490 then, right?

I would, it very likely to have HBM2. It would be extremely unlikely for AMD to redesign the memory interface to put GDDR5/X on it.

Likewise, unless it's too expensive or hugely disappointing.

MSI Gaming X custom RX 480 leaked?

Source:gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/47415663#47415663

Wonder if it is 8+6 pin, might go to 1500mhz.

The thing is I am still using a EAH6950, which is pretty fucking old now and I would have loved to uprade these days. I guess I have to wait a bit then.

Benchmarks are out.

youtube.com/watch?v=ozATbV11rBA

Little bit better than 970 at 1288mhz, OC equal to GTX 980.

youtube.com/watch?v=2GdfDCq86Gk

I've heard the prices are around $230 to $240.

UNDERPERFORMING HOUSEFIRES
POO IN LOO EDITION
AMDFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

enjoy gimpworks faggot

So it looks like the performance of a GTX 970.

Maybe I'll just wait for the RX 490.
Although the RX 480 would suffice for what I need, I just need an upgrade from my 280x.

This is the successor to the 380, not 390.

fucked up the pictures

I'd wait for the custom cards with better cooling and clocks.

how much wattage does the 480 take? I'm planning on upgrading soon, but i have a 600W PSU. is this gonna blow up my desktop if i use it?

i have the list of parts i'm using right now pcpartpicker.com/list/qL9XHN

You would be fine, max draw is 150W. 500W or a good 430W will be fine.

Don't buy from MSI or ANUS, they were caught sending out review samples that were different from retail.

Also MSI was the worst price gouger when 1080s were being scalped.

Which one of these new fangled GPU should I get for 120fps on a 1080p monitor?

Not quite right, the 480's TDP is 150W, max draw is a different thing. Should calculate for a max draw of 1.5xTDP and shoot for less than 80% PSU utilization.

on what game, minesweeper?

Actually gaming is a stupid hobby. Never mind Holla Forumsnician

The card cannot physically draw more than 150W,

75W 6 pin

75W PCI-E Slot

Should I spend the money on vega then?

I'm using a 7870 and this feels like MEH

Kyle Bennett leaking info on Custom AIB cards

hardforum.com/threads/first-gaming-benchmarks-up.1903628/page-2

Wait for the RX 490 with HBM2.

Apparently releasing around Q4.

Their marketing slogan #betterred is terrible. #betterDeadThanRed is more like it.

t. AMD and intel for the last 4 years

Oy vey goyim buy nvidia 1070/80, otherwise your 900 series cards will receive driver "updates"

It is a mid range card, idiots overhyping it. The price to performance is incredible, but I will wait for the custom versions, likely a Sapphire.

AMD's latest top-of-the-line card cannot even reach 60fps average @ 1080p resolution in a game that was released over a year ago (Witcher 3) - not even when coupled with a ridiculous eight-core i7 5960X.

Let that sink in for a second.

Also on par with the Nano.

what said. I can only afford to spend 200€, it's the best choice for the price

Nvidia shill pls go

because TW3 is un-optimized to shit

Translation:

GTFO tripfag

True but even so it's one of the best games ever made so it matters.

well shit.

Put that name back on your cancerous faggot.

Holla Forums has sunk so low that it's being taken over by brand fanboys

gamerevolution.com/news/the-witcher-3-has-won-more-game-of-the-year-awards-than-any-other-game-36313

Do you know where the fuck you are?
Put that name back on faggot.

ids when? the same fagging needs to end

>>>Holla Forums

OK you win, all of the 250+ sites that gave it GOTY were shills and only did it because Fallout 4 bought far more advertising space er I mean because they're nvidia shills.

I concede the argument, you can return to halfchan Holla Forums now.

>Go back to >>>/cuckchan/
PUT THAT FUCKING NAME BACK ON FAGGOT KIKE SHILL!!!

In Shanghai this week...In Vega mode!

The only thing I've been wondering about is the release date. I already know I'm gonna buy this thing at some point.

They just released this morning.
Many of the models are already sold out on various sites though.

Oh damn. And it's still like 200$ bucks, right? I might be nabbing that shit this month.

1060 will kill this

Thanks for the example of why (((nvidia gameworks))) is cancer. How many dollars per fps does that work out to?

No

reddit fanboys are just lollerific
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4qclw2/feeling_when_you_wake_up_and_its_june_29th/

I was hoping to be able to buy one today, guess not. AMD claimed to have enough on release day.

and here comes the rude awakening

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4qfwd4/rx480_fails_pcie_specification/

at this rate i'll never fucking graduate from my integrated graphics

so what does this mean exactly?

it depends on whether the test cards were faulty or the entire production is fundamentally flawed

if that's the latter then AMD gets in a little trouble and you absolutely shouldn't get a reference card

would it fry my motherboard?

theoretically

>Day One Linux Driver
>Open Source Control Panel
>Competitive Performance Out of Gate

This is all I really cared about. I'm definitely getting an rx 460 for my Linux install, and a 460 or 470 for a Windows VM. AMD kicking the shit out of Nvidia in the open source arena, and doing damn fine on normal Windows gaymen performance.

Getting one for my Linux box.

this is just people posting exaggerated shit due to hype. Look how much he had to correct his post. I can't fucking stand the gaymer console war mentality.

however
I'll have to switch to a rolling release distro if I want those sweet amdgpu drivers. Mint is shit anyway, so I think I'll give Manjaro a go.

Will I get better performance getting a 470 in ubuntu with amdgpu driver? I currently have a 6950 with the Gallium driver.

probably

you will get way better performance.

You could go Ubuntu (or even Kubuntu I guess). AMD officially supports Ubuntu 16.04 with their AMDGPU Pro driver. I don't know about non-pro (fully open source) driver if it's in the repos yet

I also want the rolling repos for other stuff.

Maybe now gaymerfags can stop shilling Nvidia's proprietary drivers for Linux. The open Radeon driver was always best for desktop stuff, but now AMDGPU is actually looking like it will develop into something great for vidya and 3d rendering.

I read this review so far techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/RX_480/

and the one on Phoronix to see how it fares on Linux, but Phoronix is slow as fuck for me today, like they're being DDoSed.

I must admit I'm disappointed with AMD this time.

First of all, the card was overhyped. I expected GTX 980 Ti levels of performance for $249, I expected the card to have better performance per watt than Jewvidia given the fact that they use a more advanced node, I expected the GPU to be overclockable up the ass.

Also, I don't live in Burgerland. GPU prices here are absolute shit. 1070 costs around 550 euros, and it all depends how much will 480 cost when it comes around.

I don't know what to think. The GPU is good for 1080p, meaning it will run everything thrown at it, but if I decide to buy a higher resolution monitor I will need a faster GPU.

I don't know, Holla Forums I'm just so underwhelmed with it. Price/performance is great, but only in the US. Here, I'm not so sure it will be the case once they come.

Maybe I'll go Jewvidia this time. But I fucking hate that company so fucking hard. AMD will get the console refresh from Wii U, PS Neo and Xbox Scorpio. They can survive without my shekels.

Why did people expect things there was no evidence for? You might get something like that in the models that come out in six months to a year. Gamer hypefags are ridiculous. Also, phoronix is back up.

Get what suits you, but I'm done with Nvidia after repeated shit-tier Linux drivers. My $30 HD 6450 is better at running KDE on open Radeon drivers than my $100 GTX 750 was on Nvidia proprietary.

please explain this

I use Linux 99% of the time and Windows because I have to do some shit that sucks in Wine.

What exactly is wrong with Nvidia drivers on Linux? I know open source drivers are shit, are you referring to their proprietary drivers? You're not the first saying this, so that's a red light for me.

I've used two different Nvidia cards with Linux.

GTX 750:

GTS 450 (longer time ago):

Overall just inexcusable. I was happy with the purchases at the time for gaming, but having these cards probably made me put off using Linux as my main OS for a year or two. Meanwhile, the $30 HD 6450 with passive cooling that I recently ordered just to try out Radeon open source has given me flawless performance on video playback and desktop environments... something I consider to be a bare minimum. My solid experience with this cheap card is what makes me think AMDGPU is going to be hands-down the best driver for Linux in the future. However, I've had to give up vidya while I wait for the RX 460 and 470 to release.

well, truth be told, I dumped KDE Plasma after using it for a very long while, because it was causing me all kinds of shit and crashing, and that was after KDE4 disappointed me

that's why i switched to XFCE and Cinnamon on several machines on Arch and Manjaro

so I'll give them a benefit of a doubt before someone else confirms it, but I hear more and more AND FUCKING MORE people just shitting on Nvidia drivers and that's really concerning to me. I can't allow myself to be greeted with a fucking black screen and have to go to the TTY to fix a driver problem when I have to do some work on my computer. Right now I own 7790 and both open source and proprietary drivers work fine. I maybe don't always get top notch performance, but at least I don't have to go through hassle of hacking my drivers to get the system to boot, so thanks for the info bro.

Thanks for this user. This is the funniest thing out of this board all week.

Check out the review on SemiAccurate:
semiaccurate.com/2016/06/29/amds-radeon-rx-480-review/
What's with the AK and all the ammo strewn about?
I don't get the subtext.

AMD RX 480 Custom Cards Can Hit 1.4-1.6Ghz AIBs Report – Asus Announces RX 480 Strix & MSI RX 480 Gaming Leaks Out

wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-asus-strix-msi-gaming/#ixzz4D1GlO5f2

It is part of their pseudo-socalist revolution marketing campaign, VR and high performance GPU's for the masses ect.

SA is a rabidly anti-nvidia site and should be used for entertainment purposes only. I don't like nvidia either but I know shitposting and FUD when I see it.

Shit, I didn't even notice the commie flag underneath it all.

that cooler is absolutely fucking hideous

Many previous cards have drawn more than 75W from the PCI-E slot in the past, we never heard about any "motherboards catching fire" because it is a load of bullshit.

An old Tom's Hardware review about the Radeon 6990 drawing more than 75w from the PCI-e port:

tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-295x2-review-benchmark-performance,3799-14.html

Sapphire one is god-tier though.

1x 8pin for power delivery

DVI connector too.

It kind of does make sense though, Powerful GPU's being made for a much greater TAM than usual, they could have steered clear of the heavy soviet style propaganda though.

ALL MY WANT

!>>621097
Someone took off the blower cooler off a 480 and put on a hyper evo heatsink on it and got it up to 1.4GHz

archive.is/4FxEF

Those images with all the red and the fists do predate the soviets, but yeah thats what they are associated with. Second place in a capitalist duopoly is hardly the "revolutionary underdog" their image is trying to push though.

Any hint at how long it will be before those come out?

I would estimate before the end of July, but no one really knows yet. The AIB manufactures have had these chips for months though, I don't think they would show off the cards unless their launch is imminent.

Apparently they will be binning the chips aggressively though, I would expect cards with 1400mhz for the entry level custom cards, and ~1500mhz for the super OC'd binned version like an MSI lightning of something.

The PCI power draw controversy was probably due to engineering sample cards, or an early BIOS.

Pictured here is an XFX Reference 480 drawing 136W at load.

Reference cards always scare me because of the coolers. My computer is 5 years old now though so I'm relatively desperate.

Is the reference cooler loud?

He's talking about the open source drivers, which are shit. I had the same problem with him with GTX 750 and nouveau.

Proprietary drivers work fine though, I've had no problems with them and like that they don't come with the bloatware bundled as on Windows.

Probably going to try AMD for my next card though

I'd wait for the custom cards, much better cooling, noise and performance.

Just wait a few weeks.

My 6870 was a reference card and i couldn't stand the cooler at all. Not only temps were insanely high in summer, but the fan was really noisy at high RPM and it soon started emitting a high pitched noise (never managed to truly fix it) so at the end i had to buy an aftermarket cooler.

Save yourself the trouble and wait for AIB cards. Personally i enjoy quiet operation even under load, so i'd try to aim for a cooling solution with decent heatpipes and a big 120mm if possible, or a couple of medium sized fans otherwise.
Of course, high binned cards with better power delivery could probably give enough OC headroom to reach consistent GTX980/R9 390 performance even in D3D11 titles, but who knows really, future drivers might also improve the card a lot.

I'm still debating between the 470 and 480 to begin with, so i've got a decent amount of time to think about it.

Whats the ETA on aftermarket cards? Im so fucking sick of waiting my gpu is 6 fucking years old

SHOULD I DO IT ???

Lol no, reference cards are fucking rubbish. Forever and ever amen

my current card is a reference card and hasn't skipped a beat running almost 24/7 for 6 years your full of shit

read

Read the review for the reference model. The reference model is shit.

All reference models are shit compared to aftermarket. Almost every issue with this card will be fixed with the partner boards. They'll probably have an 8-pin for better power management, let some pressure off the PCI-E slot and overclock better, as well as better and quieter cooling for that overclocking.

I would not be surprised in the least if the partner boards hit 1500MHz overclock.

Out of stock. Goddamnit.

Wait for the custom cards, people who brought the reference will be gutted when AIB cards go to 1400-1500mhz and rival an 980.

You fucking imbeciles. You don't get RX480. Why? Because the stock card cooler sucks. You think aftermarket card will solve it? If you're going to pay 50-60usd extra for someone to fix AMD's shortcomings (still will be using that 6-pin I think, only the cooler will change), why not just get 1070 or 1060 which will be much more reliable than this shit?

How much do Nvidia pay you? They shit on customers and they don't care, wearing the fanboy goggles.

Every reference cooler sucks, much like you beloved "founders" edition.

Sapphire cards confirmed 8 pin, and the rest would follow, GTFO shill.

Just wait for your driver "updates" when the 1100 series launch.

The card was using too much voltage at stock, and had some problems with the power states in the BIOS. It will be fixed in an update.

How long does it take for custom cards to come out?

aftermarket coolers don't have to cost extra, because they don't have to use a blower design. blower is just inefficient. They can use a more normal fan and heatsink that dissipates more heat, and still cost the same.

You can tell that Holla Forums is infiltrated by Holla Forums when the only game they like is the autistic dwarf fortress.

DELET THIS

AIB watercooled dual RX 480 with 4x8 power connectors overclocked to 2.0 GHz when?

should I wait for a 490 or take one of those, idk what you call them, 480 models made by other companies? I can spend like 400€ on a gpu. Now I am not that much into gaming, but every once in a while I play games and I want a card that is able to play shit.

I would wait for a 490.

Plus by the time 490 comes out there will be plenty of rx 480's with after market coolers on them all over the place.
Not to mention you can than compare prices, performance, etc.

Why stop there? If you go up to 4xSLI you could use your case as a pottery kiln.

By lowering the clock rate.

I got a 960, what's wrong with it?

took them two years to release a card that can beat the 970 by 5%

jesus christ why didn't amd release this sooner

I'm aware of gimpworks, it's terrible for consumers. But equally terrible is AMD trying to sell their card "efficient" when it's almost same power consumption as 1080 without being comparable to 1070..

They lied about everything, they lied about power consumption, they lied about efficiency. People on guru3d and other forums were all hyping Nvidia, "look how well old 7xxx cards are beating 780 / how well compares to 780 Ti, GCN is very good !!!" all this bullshit when they can't beat even a 2014 card. I was rooting for AMD until this BULLSHIT came forward, I had no fucking intentions of thinking about buying another nvidia card after all the gimping that's happened to my GTX670, but to be this fucking juvenile and not see that AMD is equally bad, someone will fry their mobo because of AMD incompetence. Both are equally bad as companies, Nvidia has better card. You either cuck AMD or you show them "this is not good enough, try again" by purchasing nvidia card.

Thank YHWH I saw this coming and bought a super cheap second hand 290x people were desperately trying to get rid of in preperation to that piece of shit.

The 480 is a letdown for AMD diehards with a Hawaii GPU who want an upgrade, while keeping their brand loyalty (which is a fucking stupid mentality in the first place), but poorfags are buying these things in droves.

If it's true that the initial 480 supply is 20-25 time greater than Pascal's, then the fact that they're still sold out everywhere means the AMD has already won the battle that they've chosen, they don't have to compete for business from the top 10% of enthusiasts to be a successful company.

What about these people have existing AMD cards? Buy second same card for crossfire and next year upgrade with a singe HBM2 card (either Vega or Nvidia)?

I was going for the Zen/Polaris combo, but I guess I'll not now.
Anyone know if a "490" will launch? If not, I'll wait for Zen+/Vega.

Or a third option buy a second hand AMD card as it can't really count to their statics.

How much pricier are those aftermarket cards usually?

It was 2.8x efficient compared to the previous generation, which were notoriously inefficient, they have made a huge leap.

Did you honestly believe that a company with 30% market share would have enough R&D money to catch nividia in one product cycle?

See pic related, nice try shill.

That will be fixed in a BIOS update.

Funny thing is,that out of all the reviewers that reviewed a card only 3 out of 20 reported the overdraw and the rest were fine.

The RX 480 was not supposed to compete with the 1070, it is like comparing a low end sports car to a Veyron and asking "its fucking shit lel".

AMD's high end card is coming in December.

And continue supporting a greedy, shit cunt company to continue their jewing, don't fucking think so.

Nvidia are objectively treating people worse, you are too much of an blind nvidia fanboy to see it.

Because Vega is the 490+ successor.

490 is around December.

THE POWER PROBLEM ON THE SHITTY REFERENCE CARD CAN BE FIXED, READ YOU FUCKING IDIOTS

BIOS level.

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4qmlep/rx_480_powergate_problem_has_a_solution/

by the time Zen comes out, Vega should also be out. I doubt AMD would release Vega more than six months after Polaris.

it's just some Holla Forums or /g/ shitposter. best to ignore. You know what amazes me? I've been lurking /g/ for the 480 release, and I haven't seen a SINGLE thread about the open source driver. It's proof that the majority over there use Windows and strictly play vidya.

I just got the card installed and it is great. So much better than my 6970. The Linux drivers work great also.

How is the performance under WINE? Or in a GPU passthorugh to a Windows VM?

have you tested it on different DEs? I'd be interested in knowing if it's tear-free and crash-free on Plasma 5.

have you tested it on different DEs? I would be interested in knowing if it's tear-free and crash-free on Plasma 5.

I have not done any testing yet. My old card was dying so anything that works is a major improvment. My macbook air had better graphical performance than my PC when using the desktop. I use a 1080p monitor so this card works great for me. I do not need a 1080 from Jewvidia.

Good choice, is it a 1080p 144hz?

The poo in the loo ramadan shill is real

good goy buy nvidia

Yes yes buy the card by indians for indians

You're fucking retarded, what does it matter that ONE indian works at AMD, there is probably the a similar amount working at Nvidia.

Nice try Nvidia PR

Are you really going to buy an rx480?
Its barely getting 970 performance and doesn't even touch 1070 or 1080.

Do you even know what t. means

IT is a MID RANGE card you illiterate idiot, what part about a different price bracket don't you understand?

Pic related.

The RX 490 is the 1070 competitor, and is not out yet.

Post games that are relevant please
Those are terrible games

you AMD brand fanboys are so butthurt it's hilarious

No really
Those are SHITTY games
Please post the relevant games or something like GTA V or BF4 that actually use GPUs well

So a 199$ card should beat a $449 dollar card, you are fucking retarded.

I'm not whoever you think you're responding to.
It's just you're assravaged as hell and it's hilarious.

Some people don't have a functioning brain and think that a budget card should beat a card that is ~$250USD more expensive.

So calling out 80IQ Nvidia shills with their false arguments is being angry?

Well either you're angry as hell or you're a total social failure who calls names at people who didn't say anything against them. Take your pick I guess.

Haha, I don't feel emotions anymore.

Perhaps I misquoted?

There is no butthurt, only fools spreading disinformation and not reading benchmarks.

wew lad

Depression does a lot to a person.

You are obviously just some dumb normalfag here to shit up the board.

Stop arguing you retards

German site explores the potential for Undervolting the 480 and reduces consumption by 33W using Wattman

computerbase.de/2016-06/radeon-rx-480-test/12/#abschnitt_viel_potenzial_fuer_undervoltage_bei_der_rx_480

Undervolted with default power target:

+5% performance compared to default
-5% performance compared to default with max power target
208W (system) power draw same as default (both hit the power limit)
temperature 2°C higher than default (with and without max power target)
fan noise 45.5 dBA vs 45.5 dBA default vs 61dBA default with max power target

Undervolted with max power target

233W vs 266W default at max power target vs 208W default (system power draw)
temperature 2°C lower than default (with or without max power target)
fan noise 57.5 dBA vs 61dBA default at max power target vs 45 default

Undervolting is not exactly a cutting edge technique bro. But some chips will work fine undervolted and some won't.

It should have shipped with an 8-pin PCI power connector, that's pretty much all there is to it.

>"IT'S A BUDGET CARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Face it, your hardware is objectively inferior in every single area AMD tries to work in.

Apparently the PCB was pretty good quality too. 6 power phases is more than a founders 1070. With an 8 pin it might of been good.

What if they put the 6 pin on the reference in purpose so they would not spoil the sales of AIB cards?

I think with the rumored upcoming BIOS update they will just get the firmware to pull more power form the 6 pin, good quality 6 pin connectors can pull up to 150W. (but generally isn't recommended for longevity reasons.)

>radeon 480 is only barely better than the top of the line shit AMD card from 2 GENS AGO and is worse than the card from 1 GEN AGO

this is why i want to buy reference model i want a fucking gpu for no more than 250$ fuck paying more for that when the card was intended to be 230$ i dont want to be forced to pay 300+ on a GAYMEN aftermarket card with stickers and LEDS all over it I want a cheap aftermarket card but i know that will never happen

The 480 was never meant to compete with the 1070, they are a different price bracket, the 480s competitor is the upcoming GTX 1060.

Thank you, 5$USD has been deposited into your account.

t.nvidia public relations

Stay mad, AMDfag.

That is the point, $199 card with even greater performance than your beloved 2 year old GTX titan.

The GTX titan cost $999 USD in 2014

But the 480s competitor is the the 1060, not the 1070 which cost $250 dollars more.

wasnt this whole "power problem" thing started on leddit by a guy who had never ever posted on their AMD board but had always posted non stop on their nvidya board only to come over to the amd one to hype up the 480 and then make a big stink about voltages that a shitty monitoring program gave him? has anyone actually measured voltages with a multimeter and took pictures ? even if there really is a power issue i trust anything from reddit with a grain of salt, i looked at all the 480 threads there and half of them were talking about what is the best brand of ramen or how B&H IS RACIST SEXIST HOMOPHOBIC T_T DONT BUY FROM DEM GAIZ

So $350~ performance for $199-$230 is a bad thing?

Not everyone has $1000's of dollars to spend on a GPU faggot,

You mean the titan that was released at the newest in the 700 series' time that the 780Ti beat?

Congrats, "muh $200 poorfag card" slightly beats out a card from ca. 3 years ago. What's that, it's better than a 560Ti too? Wew I'm an #amdmissile now

Round of applause, everyone.

Sounds like it's time to get a job.

>and for a lower price

So getting 290X performance for ~150$ less is a bad thing? Lowering the price barrier for high performance GPUs?

Smart people don't spend their money like a hedonistic idiot.

Dead wrong faggot.

Number of phases isn't all there is to it, you have to look at the quality of the mosfets too. Not that Flounder Edition cards have great components or anything.

I don't know if they can change where the card draws power from in the bios, but even if they can the big problem is that people who buy $200 cards also buy $40 motherboards and PSUs. Relying on anything in the consumer's PC to be good quality is reckless.

And I'm not shitting on AMD. AMD being competitive is good for everyone, even nvidia fanboys. If AMD had any prospect of competing with the 1080 nvidia wouldn't be pricing them at $700.

Nigger, the cost of a high end GPU isn't diddly shit. I spend more in a month on rent. It's called get a fucking job.

Which was beaten pretty steadily by NVIDIA's offerings at the time.

Link to article announcing it or GTFO.

Not now. With Nvidia's new driver updates.

wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1060-special-launch-event-july/

They had 1070 and 1080 prototypes around before the were officially announced, considering you are such a Nvidia fanboy, this is information you should already be aware of.

Despite the fact the 1070 and 1080 are out of stock almost everywhere due to yield issues with GP104 and vendors price gouging non-founders cards as well.

Allegedly only some of the early cards and a few review samples were effected, probably due to binning issues.

Do you have a source that it's yield issues? Seems to me they're just pushing price expectations up. And it's working really well, unfortunately.

AMD announced there will be a 490 as well as revisions.

I can't believe people are this stupid.

People from north america, south america, africa, asia, middle east and europe are all reporting this. It's much more than "few sample cards"

(((Nvidia))) pls go.

Where did you get this?

The Internet

I doubt that many people have the capability to measure PCI draw at the motherboard. It requires special equipment, 3 out of 20 reviewers had the PCI draw issue.

Should be rectified with a firmware update anyway, it should be pulling more from the 6pin.

That looks pretty official, you leaking AMD presentations? haha

It is official

Just speculation, but the fact that they went with a 314mm die on a brand new process node means that it is very likely yields are poor, considering the amount of die cutting they did with the 1070.

TSMC was going full damage control of course.

fudzilla.com/news/graphics/40994-nvidia-has-no-16nm-yield-issues

I don't want anything to do with that 4XX shit, nor do the PS4 Neo or Xbox Scorpio

Radeon 4XXX

PowerColor Radeon RX 480 DEVIL pictured

videocardz.com/61769/exclusive-powercolor-radeon-rx-480-devil-pictured

Nvidia shady tactics confirmed.

Introducing Nvidia® GraphWorks™

it's not that it is to expensive, sometimes it just isn't worth. Like I could totally afford a bottle of water for 25€, but it just isn't worth it.

I also don't see a reason to pay more than I have to for a gpu.

These jews somehow jewed their way into getting 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=vazL57c4nq8

About equivalent to a 1080.

More games should support crossfire/SLI, why are game devs such lazy cunts?

Probably because of economics 101, the rule of supply and demand. If a feature isn't used a lot why spend a lot of time on it? Time isn't unlimited.

You're forgetting about the firmware blobs, user.

460 release when

Sapphire 480 has removable fans, 1350mhz stock clock

forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29722219&postcount=10494

£249 apparently

Britbongs get ripped off though, should be less than $300USD for the SUPER OC MEGA GAMING version

Their currency is a bit fucked right now.

To add to this, the libreboot page on AMD.

Still less worse than intel/nvidia though.

Not by much though, still even a little bit is worth mentioning. Suddenly dropping open source support because of " economical reasons" and out of the blue adding a "security" layer to a product. Also AMD has a history of serious mismanagement.

AMD needs to stay. If they are gone nvidia can totally shit on the community. I can afford a 1070, but if I can get a amd card for the same price I rather get that one.

With the revolving door of CEO's I wouldn't blame them.

Am I the only one who has an old computer with linux and a "I don't give a fuck about botnet" gaming rig? I don't type sensitive information into the unsecure computer, and block all microsoft IP's. The linux machine is for comfy though.

When old computers are cheap and plentiful why not?

Quality journalism.

AMD possibly will be using XX5 revisions e.g. AMD Radeon RX 495

Called it first

guru3d.com/news-story/amd-possibly-will-be-using-xx5-revisions-e-g-amd-radeon-rx-495.html

No devs will design for this shit as they lack a high end part to show it off with, so it will be running nothing but ports of nvidia console ports. Financial sites are going with 'gamble' but I'd call it a suicide.

You're pretty far off, AMD owns the console graphics market atm. And the days of PC gaming being just shitty console ports is a distant memory at this point.

Will AMD Zen deliver us from the intel jew?

Sweet, that would go great with my Intel Devil's Canyon™ CPU.

what planet do you live on?

hamplanet :^)
you're all pigfood

So, waiting for Vega then.
If the world doesn't end until next year

There's no rational reason to have any confidence in AMD but it's nice to dream.

at the very least we know for sure that they don't have a handle on 14nm FINFET at all.

I think I might risk it and buy one. My 5770 is on its last legs.

yep it's amdfag

Where do these new releases stand as compared to GTX750, 750ti, 950?

Can anybody break it down simple for a poorfag?

I have a GTX750 and want something faster but I do like this card (doesn't even need an external power connector) and I'm not sure reading reviews comparing with unfamiliar cards how they compare with my card.

and I'm not just asking about the 480 (which most coverage seems to be about) but the others as well

wait for AIB 480s with proper 8-pin PCIe power to come in.

I'm not in any rush, my next upgrade is cpu/mobo/ram

thx

The rx460 will be in that price range, and probably a nice little boost over the 950. Maybe five to fifteen extra frames. That's 20 or 30 frames more than the gtx750 is getting.

That's about the answer I was looking for. Thank you a lot.

I'm currently upgrading to an ancient CPU and will take a hard look at that GPU (or one of the nicer ones) in a month or so

I did quite like my GTX750 but I've had it for awhile, looking AMD this time because maxwell has really shit support for open source drivers

and I use proprietary drivers because that gets good performance but if I can get better performance with a cheapish AMD card for not too expensive, awesome

my gtx 660 isn't even on there

AMDJoe on Discord shares the Official PCIe statement from AMD

490 when?

a.cocaine.ninja/awiwtg.jpg

Around the end of the year.

Dumping more Sapphire 480 pics

the main thing you have to keep in mind is that the AMDGPU driver is part of the kernel. So you'll need a distro that has the most recent kernel.

This shithole really is dead. Even /g/ is better.

So what do I buy if I need a 200€ gpu? Even though I have a good psu, rx 480 might toast my motherboard. But I dont want to buy a 960 if amd options are faster

Lots of people left the site after breddit showed his true colours. I'm generally done with imageboards and getting old doesn't help.

Almost like they're great products and people are rushing out to buy them.

So it's fucking nothing.

You mean like when they made a 390 and a 290and both were objectively inferior to what nvidia put out

Christ, you AMD fags are willing to blame any company you don't like on jews, yet you're probably the same faggots that REEEEEEEEEE out and "go back to Holla Forums" spam every time someone calls that commie jew blob Stallman a jew, or makes any sort of political statement that isn't left-wing in a Holla Forums thread.

>have to buy two of them AND rely on games you play supporting crossfire to get even close to one NVIDIA card
Top fucking kek.

Nigger you are NEVER EVER going to do a fucking thing with those drivers, EVER, why the fuck do you act like you care? Freetard nigger scum.

Eat shit.

AMD is shit and will always be shit. Make sure to buy your inferior products because Holla Forums memes said the competitor was bad and evil for reasons!

Let me guess, it's because people are saying mean things about AMD instead of just shilling and circlejerking, yet you'd have no issue if a thread about NVIDIA went up and got spammed with 300 sageposts.

Do you have similar comparisons for whatever AMD GPU's launched to compete with the GTX 660?

I'm wondering how badly I've been fucked over by driver updates/not buying AMD.

You have not been fucked at all.. AMD abandons their old cards even faster.

Nvidia's only "crime" is to only have one "supported"-list. There would be nothing wrong if they simply told users of older cards that they might be better off with older drivers.

Trademarks (and to a much lesser extent patents) would still allow AMD to be recognised and have control over official implementations. While respecting the four freedoms and allowing the release of optomised versions of the firmware for very old cards that have no support and are less of a threat to newer cards than the previous generation of cards.

i'm venezuelan and i can't afford any of this shit, but i still read those threads because dreaming is free of charge

Ladies and gentlemen, mental illness is a serious problem. Know the signs.

good goy nvidia shill

But they were better retard. Read the benchmarks.

Never mind the fact that the 1080 is 3x its price retard.

Back to reddit corporatism cuck faggot.

What a fucking fanboy.

You are absolutely retarded, since I assume you are Holla Forums why do you support the jew company? Or are you justifying wasting your money on a 1070 gimped edition?

Did you look at the graph? They misrepresented the graph on purpose, If you seriously don't see this you are blind.

You don't go and make a 350mm die on a new process and not have extreme yield issues, that is the source of limited stock.

Fuck off Nvidia PR.

t. NVIDIA for the last 4 years

According to gamersnexus, RX 470 ($150USD) and RX 460 ($100USD) release in the middle of July and the end of July respectively.

heh

XFX Radeon RX 480 Core 8GB is 380AUD

hehehe

$319 at PCCG m8, $379 or 8GB, shame they have all sold out though, they were the cheapest in aus.

Says in stock to me

Just checked, it is the 8GB XFX OC that was out of stock, I think once the hype dies down the 4GB will be $289 and the 8GB $340-350.

ITT: INElite has been ressurected.

kek, thermi was a fucking disaster.

the times when current hotpockets on 4chan were still 12yo

stay mad amdrone

good goy

It's basically as powerful as a 950.
I'd buy a RX 470 instead, it's expected to be R9 380(x) tier.
videocardz.com/62117/amd-confirms-radeon-rx-470-and-rx-460-specifications

They fixed the PCI power problem retard.

Not a fucking surprise.

Kill yourself for having a double digit IQ.

t. buttmad retard who wasted their money on jewvidia

Newfag detected.

When is 470 going to be available or have solid benchmarks and not just all this hype? If it is close to the hype it should be great for poorfags

This is hilariously true.

$200 for a single dev license for some library we need to update? Let's drag our feet until they come out with a completely different version and even more expensive pricing structure.

$10000 for a system that has no direct impact on the software we build? We'll buy two!