I remember some kids hacking into a tv station once just to fuck around. Why can't that happen now to send a message?

I remember some kids hacking into a tv station once just to fuck around. Why can't that happen now to send a message?

Easier said than done.

Yes but I don't know anything about that stuff.

Max Headroom didn't and wont ever happen again

nobody watches TV anymore, gramps

I think children still do. I mean some of them right?

He was always a cool lad.

The Ashtar Sheran TV interruption was always more interesting than the Max Headroom one.

Most media is transferred via sat, so its far more difficult to spoof into the comms. Impossible? Fuck, no. Almost every military in the world is capable of broadcast hijacking and turning something into a massive propaganda channel, but the difference is the amount of resources that they can allocate into doing something.

The Max Headroom Incident required about $10,000 in Equipment in the 80's, and it worked via double-prong spoof attack from two warehouses next to the main transmitter.

Realistically speaking, the resources required is fairly infeasible for the public at large, as once you hit whatever you are doing, you have roughly only 30 seconds to broadcast something, and after that you are effectively triangulated by multiple government agencies wanting to rip your head-off.

These days it's all computerized to the point that you'd only need to write some malware to corrupt the TV station's machines- no need for any specialized equipment at all. It could totally be done with very little monetary cost involved, but the time and effort needed for it means no one is going to do it just for shits and giggles.

are u 4chan, the famous hacker?

TVs aren't analog anymore, they're digital. I expect that makes it a bit harder.

Also no one fucking watches TV.

If you want to hack something you have to hack the google algorithm that's spewing buzfeed nonsense all over my youtube feed.

You can hack this with money.

TV hacks could still be big time you just have to pick the right broadcadt, like a sporting event.

But there will be big security, and digital everything means it should be easier to cut you out or switch broadcast frequency, so who knows how long you get?

War is litterly about to break out. You do it to spread a message.

no, they all watch other people play video games on twitch.tv.

just hack some popular twitch streamer's computer and wait until the streamer goes afk for a few minutes to take a piss and wax their balls and you could redpill tens of thousands of kids.

Good idea. So who will volunteer?

30 seconds is enough time to mine some serious salt

Modern broadcast environments are closed systems. You'll need someone on the inside to upload and play a .mov file. It should be 30 seconds or one minute in length, so it can be swapped with a non-contracted promo or PSA during off-peak hours when on-site DVR's recording the OTA broadcast have a "temporary power failure."

This is pretty cool user
Nice work place ye got.

yes

But jokes aside, even the most protected facilities have been hacked in the past. CIA's been hacked. Ukrainian electric grid was hacked after Euromaidan. Estonia's entire network was hacked and blacked out a decade ago. Stuxnet overloaded centrifuges in Iran's nuclear facilities. Hell, even Hacking Team, a company who sells software intended for cyber warfare, was hacked recently.

Do you see?

basically, you should need to broadcast at the same frequency and at all the correct variables at an energy higher than that of the satellite in order to deliver a message while jamming the original broadcast

however, as soon as you transmit so much radio energy, you'll be immediately v& and either given a ridiculously huge fine, or jailed.