Mainstream media is beginning to report on Intel IMT's inherent security flaws

Mainstream media is beginning to report on Intel IMT's inherent security flaws

archive.is/ry8UH

"Report claims Intel CPUs contain enormous security flaws"

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/products/80807/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_40-GHz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

what were they thinking?

.What this means is that Intel have already compromised and controlled the next line of supposed "secure" chipsets

Government mandated backdoor.

Keeps the world safe for women.
Helps them catch men who like young girls.

Keeps the governmen safe from the people.

You're a low-information useful idiot.

ded board

I have been too tired to surf Holla Forums lately

So now that this is no longer just a conspiracy theory... what the fuck do we do?

Use AMD and hope they haven't botched it like Intel. Or pick CPU without this crap... AMD doesn't put it into everything, I think.

Yeah because keyboard warriors are a real threat :^)

The people has lost this war by accepting computers. By accepting the lifestyle of being hypnotized by screens. Nowadays when people are upset they start a hashtag and a change.org petition. Big fucking deal.

This is just the next step of the plan to sell you more shit. Now that they've established the computer as the basic brick of our lives.

AMD puts it into everything according to libreboot FAQ.

I'd love to start rampant NSA BACKDOOR speculation, but for now all we know is they've managed to find exploitable code in a monolithic boot firmware. And you know what they say, never attribute to malice what can easily be attributed to shitty software development.
Also the mainstream tech news report on these kinds of thing a lot, remember the SMM exploit on Core2duo which only required a rootkits? I think it was called blackhole

You are all, by all evidence, wrong. So far there is not proof of a conspiracy or BOTNET, just bad code. I'd love proof Intel are backdooring one's CPU but don't extrapolate that information from this of all places

You botnet tards are horribly annoying. Did you read the FAQ? Fam15h doesn't have anything that could be suspect, for example. There are more recent AMD processors that don't, but I wouldn't be able to name them

Im safe boys

comfy

Not the FX CPUs
Xen is regrettably fucked AFAIK

the macbook line was never ppc, dumbass

We on endchan now

this faq is really poorly written tbh. it doesn't actually go into depth about which models are backdoored.

fuck off, your shit website has 8 users.

Yours has about 2.

You rejected the pedos.

Guess what: smart guys like qt girls.

I hope someday we kill you stormcucks.

Remeber: opposing men taking young female children as brides is a death sentence: (Dt 13:6 hebrew) (elohim means judges/rulers/gods/etc)

Men are permitted to rape2own female children: (Dt 22:28-29 hebrew)

Enticing others to follow something else is a death sentence: (Dt 13:6 hebrew)

That means it is our duty to kill the feminists / stormcucks / whiteknightnationalists in europe and other areas who oppose man+girl.

Your mind, which rejects qt female children as mates, works so well.

I hope you are killed some day.

WEW LAD

(House of Caecilius Iucundus); 4091: Whoever loves, let him flourish. Let him perish who knows not love. Let him perish twice over whoever forbids love.

What does the IME do exactly? The article says it's OS independent, so how does it affect, say, Linux? Or if I wrote my own mini-OS, what is IME doing?

Amen brother

it's spying on you

It has access to all memory and everything that enters or leaves over the network. There's no specific answer because we can't examine it.
That means everything is fine because we should by default trust gigantic corporations to do what's best for us :^)

It affects all OSes because IME is running on its own ARM CPU with its own Intel OS. This means you effectively are running two "computers" inside your computer, only most resources are shared without a clear access hierarchy or permissions and the fact that you can only control one of them.

Basically, this shit can listen to your network connections, access your HDD, read and write your RAM...

That's not an explanation of what it does, that's an explanation of why it's risky. I think we're all pretty clear on that. If anyone with actual knowledge of remote management technology would explain what it actually is supposed to do and why a hardware component is necessary vs a software implementation of remote management I'd like to hear that.

ARM is no solution IME-wise, but the specific threat is different. A global IME-habbeningz would probably affect only PC with a newer Intel processor. Any older repurposed PC/Laptop or something like a Cubieboard won't be affected. But a Cubieboard is just trading this state threat with a different state, China.

Remember how a few months ago people would say it's just a conspiracy, when Intel fucking ADVERTISED this functionality? (Of course, they didn't mention anything about the obvious security risks.)

A few people said it then. A few people say it now.

So what would happen if I were to just get a flat head screwdriver and rip out this microprocessor out?

If you remove the CPU, then you won't have a working computer.

If you are talking about trying to disable a specific part of the CPU that was deliberately designed to render the whole thing junk if tampered with, then good luck I guess.

Doesn't work that way. Theoretically if you disabled it your CPU simply wouldn't execute code because it would be hanging in a low level state waiting for initilization by the IME.

A simpler version exists in the core duo series that is seperate and not in charge of startup. With the right bios you can simply tell the IME to turn off.

What functionality? There are many proposed functionalities, so which one are you talking about?

It's a. Seperate computer that can monitor and control your computer and uses encryption that has been loaded at build time.

That would mean the 4790K would lack this feature?

I thought only Xeons had vPro?

ark.intel.com/products/80807/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_40-GHz

So should be ok.