Meta

Why has Holla Forums gone so quiet lately? Where did everyone go?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/metatech/rules.html
16chan.nl/
aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20160617030847&SearchText=MIPS DEBIAN
archive.is/MeZkP
github.com/infinity-next/infinity-next/commit/3604ffcb2d899854ea9e5d46b1175ee17c9a12e9
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its summer

Endchan/IRC.

16chan.nl

You hate pedos: you are opposed to man+girl: you can go fuck yourselves you pieces of shit.

Deuteronomy allows man+girl.
You oppose.
You deserve death.

sites with some quality control on the shitposting

The constant problems to post, downtime, lack of communication and daily raids with disinfo and faggotry from endchan/freech and 16chan eventually took a toll on Holla Forums's numbers.

Keep telling yourself that.

We already have what's basically a meta thread up, faggot.
No need to shit up the catalog more.

Why don't you use your time to make your shithole grow instead of trying to mooch a few schmucks from here? You think that after successfully killing Holla Forums the userbase will magically go to your site but all you're going to get are scraps that you'll fight over with the other dead image boards.

Nice paranoid delusions, m8.
Keep sucking that staff dick.

Most people will have it filtered because the OP used an url shortener

Fuck off to the meta board.

Fuck off back to your hidden service CP sharing sites.

That makes pretty much no sense whatsoever.

bump

I hope there's a special place in hell for people who bump cancerous threads

8ch.net/metatech/rules.html

reported for breaking rule 1

They went back to Reddit

Actual anons went to Endchan

Fuck off m8, we've had these threads since day fucking 1 after the exodus because this place was never as the same ADHD speeds as Halfchan was

IDK, it's bizarre. I don't know anywhere else I can really discuss FOSS.

I've been tired

I found some local Holla Forums friends and we have been drinking and hanging out and trying to organized hikes

Also I was posting at least once in every thread just a couple weeks ago so that's part of the drop

also I have been unable to let go of space engineers eventhoughIhateitpleasekillme

16chan.nl/tech/
Infinity Next is completely FOSS.

Same. Holla Forums's Holla Forums is often a rare, yet delightful combination of Holla Forums's disdain for SJWs and Stallman's purism. Everywhere else just seems like a shitty compromise between the two.

I don't really understand the meta discussion going on though. At various points, I've heard: Holla Forums is a honeypot. Holla Forums intentionally screws with access from Tor. Some Goldstein-esque character named Josh is trying to ruin Holla Forums. The boards are full of lies, disinformation, spam, etc. You either fit the narrative or you must be from reddit.

A very odd state of affairs. I just want to sit here and discuss decent opensource software projects that aren't being eaten from the inside out by gender/identity politics and deversity.

Holla Forums is a honeypot, see pic for details

Joshua Moon has created a imageboard called 16chan which is open source and Jim is BTFO.

FTFY

Infinity next is god-tier, just have a look m8
16chan.nl/

Josh, pls

I installed elementary loki tuesday night and just couldn't be fucked dealing with the shitposts, trumpspam, bait taking, and general low quality on here.

I miss the edgy new board feeling, the pent up energy waiting for something to happen. somebody threw up a mumble and literally nobody logged on and the thread got saged.

especially sick of the paranoia, nothing happens here and when some dumbass tries then everybody's like "not doing that on my two and a half package statically linked gentoo on MIPs special snowflake computer" and the thread dies.

I'm not joshy-woshy

As someone who doesn't care about inter-chan politics, I gave 16chan a shot.

Honestly, the Holla Forums there was just awful. People needed help with idiotic problems ("I registered my domain with GoDaddy and want to move."), and got idiotic responsed (Gandi, Google, etc).

I think I only saw one rms image.

Where might I find a MIPS based general purpose computer?

Too bad Josh is a total queerfuck, and Infinity Next is shitty dogshit.
Other than those two things yeah, 16chan kicks ass.
Librechan for those of us in Free-as-in-Freedom countries, for the rest of us, maybe NNTP can save us...

Holocaust denial technically breaks Librechan's rules.

Sorry for the shit link
aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20160617030847&SearchText=MIPS DEBIAN

Question: in what ways does Josh being a total queerfuck affect your ability to have a conversation and remain anonymous compared to Jim's willing manipulation of the site's demographics and software to appeal to advertisers?

A site is only as good as the people who use it. Holla Forums's Holla Forums is pretty abysmal as well.

Maybe it's better if you stay here and keep making quality threads like this one

oh shit fam that is a beautiful gif

it's from the 16chan front page m8

It's summer time in America, that's when people stop watching TV and using the Internet to go outside.

There's nothing wrong with gandi as a domain registrar.

Ha, that's actually interesting. I have several CI20's already, though I'm guessing these are a newer model, as mine don't look quite like that. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a shitty Chinese MIPS based laptop or something, but I suppose the CI20 will do.

No, it certainly doesn't. I should have elaborated, but since this is just a fucking imageboard, I did not.

I don't see RMS as just a meme. The images are, sure. But I genuinely value the rediculous levels of purism that man strives for, even if he might not be entirely sane. Of course, it's next to impossible to achieve that goal with the current state of technology, but posted ironically or not, I do enjoy reading the absurdly purist arguments here. And these were very much lacking on 16chan.

and than there is this faggot.
nobody likes you john
>inb4 not a john and here is a list of thing why john awesome

Josh pls go

and mikeUSA, wow the whole band of faggots is here

Holla Forums was a honeypot for a long time, john already ruined this site and the latter is the reason most anons are elsewhere everybody likes to post on honeypots, but nobody likes crashing sites

It's Josh, not John, dumb fuck.

I almost forgot that faggot completly, and now you do this to me, I hope you are happy about yourself

I've personally relocated to 4/sp/ for the euros because our /sp/ is officially dead

what exactly was wrong with Next?

It failed to be deployed when it turned out that hotwheels captcha was an unoptimized piece of shit when exposed dynamically.
Jim blew $12k in community funding because he doesn't like the AGPL.
Could probably still be used if document caching was integrated or the captcha was modified to not generate a captcha for JS users until they attempt to make a post.

Otherwise pretty much nothing, just retarded Holla Forumsirgins pretending they know anything about technology.

how can a one man be so full of himself

We ran out of thinks to shitpost about. It happens ever now and then.

Feel free to actually take issue with my post.

/r/linux

plus something something graphic design.

there was a css that made it exactly the same as vican tho.

That nigger stole 12k from the community.

Site's still broken though very slight improvements are in progress.

There's also only so long you can have the same fucking generic boring thread about linux and its obese spokesman. Shouting down every other actual fucking technology thread kills the board.

you wasted $12k, you tried to implement it three times and every time it failed horribly while leaving chan offline for many hours, and you still manage to be full of excuses.

If you at least GTFO'd from here in shame, it would be okay, but you are still here, and shilling for your shit on top of it, and still making excuses for fucking everything

anything but you, fuck off loser

The code is on github for you to use. Go ahead. $12k worth of code there for the taking. Free.

Actually that was Jim.
$12k was to live, Jim didn't want his team to modify AGPL code so it wasn't used.

Ask yourself why hotwheels and codemonkey don't even want to touch the shit scheme that is Holla Forums's schema.
Josh probably did the best that anyone ever will with an import script, considering all of the legacy dog shit hacks that are in Holla Forums's database.

Consequently, migrations failed and he lost one month in development time because 2channel refused to use anything besides MySQL, which is what the original development was done on. They changed the database, and the operating system to target mid-development.
Laravel's support of Postgres was subpar, but Josh got it working within a month, and it was ready to use.
What happened after that was a case of the site falling over when it got any amount of traffic thanks to cripple's captcha, and the way it was exposed dynamically.

So no, you're wrong.
Your delusional rants about someone of a different opinion being a boogeyman are also hilarious.
You can keep trying to push your narrative, but these are the facts.

Should be refused to use anything but PostgreSQL

you know you don't have to explain anything to me, I am just some user, I don't really care about you, but as long as you will keep with the excuses you will stay shit in life

The working code is on github for you to take. Have at it.

This was true until an user on Holla Forums implemented the code needed to make caching work, so this is no longer an issue

This is why Infinity Next failed. The duds crippling CAPTCHA code made the server grind to a halt under load from any major board. Now that the duds code is removed, everything works fine. Someone did benchmarks in one of these threads that proved it. Feel free to keep pulling shit out of your ass though

Jim has an irrational(assuming he doesn't want to do anything shady) fear of AGPL, so yeah Jim is a major reason this site isn't using Infinity Next right now. Since he obviously does want to do some shady ass shit that requires closed source so no one can see what his true intentions are, this site will never use Infinity Next which is very sad.

Not exactly true, it only worked without the captcha. I think it was recently removed, too.
The captcha probably needs re-thought. I'm betting some sort of iframe fuckery would work for no-js users, or failing that just giving them a link to a captcha endpoint to solve like on Holla Forums.
And for JS users don't even generate the captcha until they attempt to post.

DAILY REMINDER THAT JIM FED HOTWHEELS TO HIS PIGS, COLLECTED THE PIG'S SHIT, GREW MAGGOTS ON THE SHIT, GROUND THE MAGGOTS INTO COOKIES, ATE THEM, SHAT THEM OUT, GREW NEW MAGGOTS ON HIS OWN SHIT, BAKED THEM INTO A NEW BATCH OF COOKIES, FED THEM TO HIS PIGS AGAIN, COLLECTED THE PIG'S SHIT, AND THEN REPORTED BACK TO HIS 33RD DEGREE FREEMASON BROTHERS WHO ALSO ENJOYED THE COOKIES

Kinda like in 4chan-x, you don't even get a captcha prompt until you start typing text into a box or click the "reply to thread" or whatever. I forget, it's been so long.

The delivery is on github.
Jim refused to use it.
It's more likely you ignore anything that doesn't reinforce your pre-concieved notions.

That abuse of greentext you're doing right there is called "projecting", a common SJW tactic to manipulate the conversation. Stop it you little bitch.

I wonder why you know so much about this...

Jesus fucking Christ, what a joke. Is that the Asuka article that's been going around lately? I've only heard of it in passing.
Shut it down

It's just the typical dogshit people who get paid by the article pump out.

Incorrect
archive.is/MeZkP

I refuse to believe that anyone involved in this article performed the research, writing, and uploading necessary to publish it with a straight face.
wew lad

I don't see how it's incorrect, it's a dog shit retardation written by someone who's probably paid by the article.

The author has a PhD in Jewish Thought and is a Rabbi, so yes.

Its completely unironic, serious as a heart attack

That was fantastic.

Retardation written because you're paid by the article, done in 2 hours of research, usually isn't ironic.

Why the fuck is this thread still alive, anyways? We already have one thinly-veiled meta thread, and an entire board dedicated to meta.

Agreed I think Josh should just handle the CAPTCHAs the same way they are handled here as well. Click in the textbox and it shows, link for non-js. It's simple, and it works.

github.com/infinity-next/infinity-next/commit/3604ffcb2d899854ea9e5d46b1175ee17c9a12e9
Looks to still be there, unless I'm missing something.

Thanks for your analysis user, very astute

fun things are fun

When was the last time anybody gave a fuck?

Satanic checked

If Josh could handle simple tasks then maybe 8ch wouldn't have become so overwhelmingly shit

total bullshit, completely unnecessary and you know it, CAPTCHA is cancer

Fuck off back to endchan, autistic spammer.
Go flood threads there when you lose arguments.

Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine? How does a misanthrope like you get thru the day without being an hero?

You seriously like the CAPTCHA too? Since when did it stop spam?

I also don't lose, I bring the facts you don't like and you proceed to #ShutItDown but whatever, you never post any good images on an imageboard, or if you do its some Simpsons or Futurama shit. I don't even understand why you bother to hang around such a cool guy as myself when your taste is so objectively shit.

man triggering this lolcow is so easy

user, you are trying too hard, you will never be as good as me, just end it already

lainchan

Fuck off Holla Forums.

7 filtered posts and counting

Anyone shilling for that place should be stoned to death.

That's not the way it worked.
The test migrations ended up load balancing retrival of all images to the beta server, and since images aren't in the same directory on next all of that traffic was sent to the application server, which was in debug mode.

You have no idea what you are fucking talking about.
Stop pretending that you do, and go back to Holla Forums, you retarded sack of shit.

Eva a shit.

fucking wew lad

wew lad, stop getting triggered

You're thinking of Holla Forums.

the author's face looks 100% shlomo

what else?
what else

No, it's not about web dev, it's just about the fact you are a fucking retard who can't even rub rocks together.
Use your grey matter, dipshit. You had no idea what you were talking about.

No, he didn't. Software is still there.
Hotwheels had leaked IP addresses through a vulnerability he was too lazy to fix for two years, as well as leaking IPs to a SJW news outlet on purpose so him and his furfag spammer "friend" could circlejerk together.
/sp/ didn't have anywhere to post while the beta was in maintenance mode, sure, but you can technically blame 2channel for changing the database mid-development leading to the failure to migrate.
Have you tried killing yourself, you stupid faggot?

also, arguably this vulnerability is still not fixed.
many browsers to not respect CSP.
this, in addition to the fact that he leaked a database of /int/ without IP addresses removed from before he stopped federating with vichan, and a database and the application key at seperate times, I'm pretty sure 'the Jewsh' comes out smelling like fucking roses.
But of course, it's all you retards know to talk about, because you think your Holla Forumsirgin narrative is worth two shits.

he being hotwheels

nice try shill you will fail fkr thee rest of your life.

The amount of stockholm syndrome you display from being sold out to NTT is staggering.

The Chrome/Windows allowers and forced-meme (hello brian fagolli/pajeet bullshit) spouters drove me off. Now I just come for less than 2 minutes and read the one or two remotely interesting threads (and even that is hard to find).

Reddit and /g/

Holla Forums is dead

If hotwheels makes another anonymous imageboard I will go there. I came to see if anything had happened at all and nothing has changed, this will probably be my last post on Holla Forums.

Hello Darkness my old friend...

There's also only so long you can have the same fucking generic boring thread about linux and its obese spokesman. Shouting down every other actual fucking technology thread kills the board.

Narcissistic faggot you are.

You forgot
and

They're too busy saging everything because it doesn't discuss browsers, distros, or if downloading images over Tor is safe.

are we really still talking about hotwheels even though he left this site to rot 6 months ago?

You realize hotwheels sine function was the "unoptimized" code Ron suspected existed, right?

Well he wrote the new banner integration and its still buggy as fuck and throwing uncaughy exceptions on launch despite having over a month to write and test it.

Was it? If that's the case, then I take it back. Still, it was a pretty big oversight regardless of who did it.

Yes. Because of the way the dynamic captcha worked when they started load balancing thousands of lurker IP addresses to it, in addition who knows if Bui was constantly refreshing the captcha endpoint with his hola botnet, they sealed their own fate and it was the reason Next couldn't be deployed.
No one noticed this because first thing they both did was log into admin accounts and bypass the captcha, and the captcha was on a completely separate request.

WEW IT'S ALMOST LIKE CAPTCHA IS UNNECESSARY AND CAUSES MORE PROBLEMS THAN IT "SOLVES"