Technology Stack Thread

What is your favorite Technology Stack, Holla Forums? Why is it the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

learnbchs.org/
learnbchs.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MEAN is for faggots.

t. LAMP

My favorite what?

Windows Server
Access
C#/.NET
Hadoop

master race, hipsters BTFO

Your favorite google

The Tinyboard/Infinity Imageboard

Im considering Mean because I found an online tut to make a single-page app using mean, and unlike some of the other tutorials Ive found, the site it is on looks nice.

Im assuming you can make an SPA with any stack, but the set of tools I was using prior to wanting to design an SPA feels inadequate, especially on the front-end.

;^)

Gentoo:
G - Gentoo Linux
E - Emerge
N - net.eth0
T - timezone-data
O - /opt
O - OpenRC

I thought that was pretty good tbh

learnbchs.org/

FreeBSD
Postgres
Python 3.4
Django

Heh.

christcuck pls

learnbchs.org/

OS/360/SNA/VSAM/COBOL

CentOS
Python 3
Django
MongoDB

Use Flask m8

cancerous web "developers" choose technology stacks not by merit, but by what funny acronyms they can make out of them

I considered this... why do so many people seem to opt for MongoDB over MySQL or SQLite?

Assembly
C

because no one seems to understand what a document-oriented db is (or really, what databases are at all)

because it has easy setup for "sharding", whereas mysql is a pain in the ass and sqlite obviously doesn't target the same space

because silicon valley startups don't have any notion of "performance" or "profiling", so they assume that if the operation runs slow, it's because either the _language_ is no good or they need to throw more hardware at it

because mongodb is "modern" "fast" "compliant" "no(t ) SQL" "efficient" "easily distributed" "simple" "reliable" and any other buzzword you can think of

What does MEAN stand for? I know the A is for Angular.js and the N is for Node.js

express.js and most importantly MEME GOD DB

Huh?

Linux, C, Lighttpd, SQLite

If I knew fCGI, I'd switch to nginx to avoid the cuck license of lighttpd.

What? 3-clause BSD is cuck and 2-clause isn't?

Shit, you're right. I forgot nginx is also BSD license.

Hmm. Seems Cherokee is lightweight and supports CGI. I might switch this weekend.

Why do you want to avoid permissive licensing so much? You're being more extreme than Stallman this way.

This.
tortillat avataan

The retard is assuming not trusting science == christfaggotry.

Because they don't understand relational databases.

In 99% of cases companies using "nosql" are simply incompetent.

The remaining 1% have very different needs than the overwhelming majority of websites.

what on earth is so cuck about BSD? if anything it's one of the least cuck licenses around. would you prefer some 99999-clause asscheek-spreading EULA microsoft-stylee instead?

Better question is why does he want to avoid the Apache license so much. It's not like the patent clause affects him.

It is cucked because anyone can take code that you provided for free (M$ and Apple did it) and include it in their proprietary product that they profit from without giving you any money.

C Userspace, C Kernel

Do people here really use C to generate their dynamic pages or is it just wishful memeing?

The Apache license has the potential for being really annoying. You need a "prominent notice" for every file you changed. It's much more than BSD + patents.

Nim - server side

Dart - client side scripting via dart2js

XML/XSLT - server side templates. I'm working on xslt2nim transpiler written in xslt, but that doesn't exist yet, so libxslt for now.

SQLite - database/cache. The CMS is practically a dynamic site/static site generator hybrid.

Gentoo - smallest installation I could make. I might switch to linuxfromscratch in the future.

Web Components was a mistake. Never using it.

Microsoft stack.

Have you considered Alpine?

Depends on the task. For run of the mill website backend:

OPERATING SYSTEM: Alpine Linux.
Fast, simple, small, secure.

LANGUAGE: Go
Fast as hell despite using GC specially now with the upcoming 1.7 version, simple, cross-platform, statically compiled, big community without the levels of SJW infection Rust, JS, Ruby and Python have.

DATABASE: Postgres
Best DB for almost everything. I do use Redis for in-memory, transient stuff and sqlite for client-side applications though.

WEB SERVER: None. Nginx if complex needs.
I just let Go handle everything unless we have weird shit going on or a multipurpose server.

DOCUMENT/LAYOUT: Standard HTML5 and CSS3, occasionally using small CSS boilerplate libraries.
Might use SCSS for REALLY BIG shit.

TEMPLATING: Bake everything server-side and use simple DOM manipulation for updating stuff. Keeping my eye on Vue.js for a currently on-hold project I have.

SCRIPTING LANGUAGE: Good ole' ECMAScript 5 and TypeScript for big codebases.

Haven't tried it yet. I'll look into it.

It uses musl as its libc and the base userland is 6 megabytes.

This
And also excellent for virtualization/containers in general; really small images with all the flexibility and security

It is THE language with insane amount of paid shills to spread this language which is a red flag. If you have a good product, you don't need this amount of shilling.

Do you know what "shilling" even is? Do you think Go pay people to post about their language? Are you insane, or just stupid?

Not when he's an end user

In that case there's no difference between BSD and GPL either. You're even legally allowed to combine it with proprietary software as long as you don't distribute it.

If you have a good rebuttal, you don't need this amount of shill-screaming.

Kernel
Shell

no
yes
both

welcome to Holla Forums

don't forget Sony

Are you really this gullible? Google is known for unethical business strategies like that. They have 0 ethics and will do whatever it takes to take control.

It doesn't make sense from a business perspective either.

Whichever one fits whatever I'm working on the best.