General "SJWism Infesting Tech" Thread

Daily reminder that WHATWG specifices the datatype for "sex" to be a string, and if you're using anything else, you're violating offical web-standards.

html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/forms.html#attr-fe-autocomplete-sex

Other urls found in this thread:

duckduckgo.com/?q=sjw dreadlocks
imgur.com/alYOQKn
github.com/dotnet/roslyn/pull/3507
whatwg.org/
niniane.blogspot.de/2016/06/the-most-alienating-thing-that-ever.html
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11921164
twitter.com/WriteSpeakCode
speakerdeck.com/noidontdig/shaving-my-head-made-me-a-better-programmer
google.com/trends/explore#q=feminism, sjw, transgender
pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn:
github.com/feross/standard/issues/5
forum.nim-lang.org/t/2332
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Daily reminder that neither you or your androgynous SJW fuckbuddy knows what the word "canonical" means (hint: it's not a fucking synonym for "required")

t. A good boss.

#emacs discusses representation of women in video games

and it's not like Nintendo doesn't have a good representation across its work - Metroid, for example, is iconic for its protagonist
benaiah: As badass as Peach in that game where her emotions were her superpower?
benaiah: in some sense metroid is both a great and a terrible example
ijp: how's that?
take only the first game. Part of the reason it is so iconic is because it was *surprising* that the main character was female
well yeah. if it had ended there it wouldn't have been as strong of an example
JordiGH: what game is that? hadn't heard of it
the problem isn't just the lack of female characters, but also a lack of femininity
I think I used Tomb Raider as my example last time we had this discussion: for all it mattered, lara croft may as well have been male
well it's not that then
I have not kept up with that franchise, so doubtless someone will talk about how this changed in tomb raider blah
ijp: I thought that was the whole idea, that the gender of the protagonist shouldn't matter to the story since it's sexist to pigeonhole the genders (that's how it's been portrayed to me, anyway)
maybe I misunderstand, but what you describe seems kinda catch-22
benaiah: it's the difference between celebrating and ignoring differences
some people think equality is the latter, I don't think so

...shitlord joins, mild triggering ensues

why do women need representation in games, women can't play video games anyways
,ops qzzlpx
forcer, deego, offby1, bpalmer, wgreenhouse, kodein, isomer, johnw: benaiah is complaining about qzzlpx
,shoot qzzlpx
* fsbot loads its 24-hour news channel and demonizes qzzlpx as an Internet hate machine.
-!- mode/#emacs [+o kodein] by ChanServ
qzzlpx: stop.
Holy shit, here comes the SJW oppression.
in the flesh.
HALP HALP CENSORSHIP
sjw?
sjw is Social Justice Warrior, an insult against people who ask others to be nice.
oh right
JordiGH: Are you being ironic?
quotemstr: NO U
Oh, come on. That definition is a little one-sided.
qzzlpx , JordiGH - would it kill you two to use or even /s to mark sarcasm?
-!- mode/#emacs [+o johnw] by ChanServ
benaiah: you mean like 'jass' music?
An SJW is also someone who thinks wearing a certain hairstyle constitutes oppression
contrapunctus: Okay, sorry.
;0
* ;)
quotemstr: Time for an fsbot edit war.
But nobody is going to win that argument here, right now
JordiGH: You'll be happy to hear that I'm interviewing for the Firefox core performance and reliability team
quotemstr: how is that? (hairstyle)
quotemstr: Whoa!
what / are there? /s only? do you use it for sardonicism also? /i for irony?
And we didn't even have to zap you with force lightning.
contrapunctus: Just use your favorite search engine and query "sjw dreadlocks". You might want to prepare a strong drink first
pretty sure it's the shitlords that accuse SJWs of having the blue hair
'shitlords' lmao
kodein: They do, as a matter of fact, seem to adopt certain fashion trends.
what the fuck is wrong with blue hair, I never got that
what the hell is going on here duckduckgo.com/?q=sjw dreadlocks
"your group predominantly wears sneakers instead of skate shoes, booooo"
quotemstr: elaborate
kodein: Of course not every social justice devotee is blue-haired, tattooed, and pierced, and not every person who features these things is the crunchy social type
kodein: But you'd have to be blind not to notice a correlation
imgur.com/alYOQKn
Aposematism (from Greek ἀπό apo away, σημα sema sign, coined by Edward Bagnall Poulton[1]), perhaps most commonly known in the context of warning coloration, describes a family of antipredator adaptations where a warning signal is associated with the unprofitability of a prey item to potential predators
JordiGH: I'm also interviewing with HFT firms, so it averages out
this coupon app I installed on my phone today to get free chips for a poker app defaulted the selection to "female". I am oppressed.
quotemstr: I hope you don't get that job.
what does gender have to do with poker.
and when will people learn to give a text box instead of a drop down/radio for gender.
contrapunctus: getting free coins. It's better than buying them I guess
as awful as HFT is, the actual work sounds really interesting
contrapunctus: yeah, can't even modify the post request easily from the phone
benaiah: Indeed.
contrapunctus: it has nothing to do with poker, it has to do with selling your data
* quotemstr is seriously worried about political persecution if he chooses Mozilla
ijp: :(
ijp: I've given up all hope for data privacy long ago
quotemstr: the correlation between strawmen and what they're supposed to be strawmen of?
qzzlpx: you don't appear to be very bright
quotemstr: What, persecuted for saying homosexuals shouldn't marry?
kodein: What do you mean?
qzzlpx: two chanops put their hats on, yet you continue shitposting
where are the tinmen and cowardly lions?
lol
kodein: are you still speaking as an op?
lol
quotemstr: I mean most decent people, aka, SJWs, don't have blue hair.
JordiGH: Yes, not that I would agree with that statement.
kodein: implying I'm indecent to want cyan/blue/purple hair?
I used to have blue hair :-(
It's so hard to be white and rich in the Bay Area.
cyan? obviously indencent
It was pretty awesome.
I used to have hair :-(

It's like I'm reading kids on gamefaqs bragging about winning an internet argument.

Most of these are men, too... I'm switching to mg I guess

The biggest cancer imaginable.

I dont even know what this crap website is
You got any relevant person being like this?

New github drama hot off the press.

github.com/dotnet/roslyn/pull/3507

We're arriving right before the shitstorm hits.

Btw, policheck appears to be tool used internally by Microsoft.

Really disappointed they haven't open-sourced this gem yet.
Expect tons more issues and pull requests like this when they do.

Feels good.

You should put in code so that if they check anything other than white male a van pulls up outside of their house and takes them to the nearest reeducation camp.

I would if I could, but I don't think I would have a job much longer if I did it.

does xer even know what whitelist means, it's not something you ignore it's the exact opposite

The fuck is WHATWG?

But if you're writing software which, for example, blocks content, the whitelist would be stuff the blocker ignores.

print("Are you a male or a female?")sex = input("> ")if sex != "male" and sex != "female": print("Please enter 'male' or 'female' and try again.")
ez pz. Sex is a string and trannies still need not apply.

Or you can just ignore whatever WHATWG says, because they're not official in any sense of the word

whatwg.org/

WHATWG is where all the hard work of developing HTML 5 over the past 15 years so happened while W3C/Microsoft were tonguing each other's corporate assholes and trolling the mailing lists. The latter naturally did a 180 and claimed full credit for the spec as soon as it approached completion

And judging by OP they did a bang up job of forming the standard.

Daily reminder that WHATWG even admits they are unofficial in the description on Ixquick.

It's not so much a standard as codifying what people already do with HTML on a corpus of ~8 billion real web pages.

You could have prevented this.

>Recently I had dinner with a colleague Raf from my old job on Microsoft Flight Simulator. I told him how I felt that Microsoft had a less diverse culture than Google. He asked why. I told him one story in particular.

>For two months before shipping Flight Simulator, we'd stay late every evening. Management would bring in dinner, and the team would watch television while eating together. My team always wanted to watch baseball. Every evening, without fail, there would be baseball on the television.

>Once, I asked if we could watch "Friends" instead. This was met with incredulity and laughter.

>I think this may have been the most alienating event that occurred during my time at Microsoft. If I had walked in, and baseball was showing on the television, it would be completely unthinkable for me to grab the remote and change it to Friends. If I had done that, the outcry would've been thundering. People would question my social skills. They would tell me that I lack social etiquette. And yet every person who walked in that night felt completely at ease to change the channel without clarifying. They didn't bother to ask, "Oh, are we watching a different show tonight?" They assumed that of course it's natural that they should change it to their show.

>When I was having dinner a couple days ago with Raf, he asked me, "When this happened and you felt out of place, did you ever question whether you really liked engineering? Did you ever feel like Wow, maybe engineering isn't the right line of work for me'?"

niniane.blogspot.de/2016/06/the-most-alienating-thing-that-ever.html
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11921164

I'm gonna use a dropdown with only two options now, on purpose, every time.

She deserves to be laughed at.

Microsoft. Can't you read? Have you been living in a cave?

Man
Female

or

Man
Girl

my gender identity is the first five paragraphs of finnegans wake how am I supposed to enter it without newlines?

print("Are you a male or a female?")sex = input("> ")sex = sex.lower()if sex != "male" or sex != "female": sex = "tranny"

The hubris of this narcissistic wench.

Pick an input widget at random. Dropdown always gets 2 options but sometimes it'll be a type=range, "Male" checkbox or a text input with nonsensical validation pattern

In other words, she didn't have the... balls to change the channel.

Don't you want to output ?

I'd have backed her up (giggity). Baseball is even more of a bullshit waste of time than soccer.

That actually sounds pretty fun

it's 2016, c'mon.

.gender{
display:none;
}

almost no website should ask for gender/sex/whatever you want to call it in the first place. give me a fucking username and password. I literally want nothing else. better yet, make a standard way of pressing a button to make a new account where i dont have to choose a name and password (client certs, etc)

Or just ask yourself "do I really NEED accounts at all?", I remember the period when TV Tropes started flushing itself down the toilet coincided strongly with when it first made usernames non-optional and required passwords on them.

print("tranny")

That means the input is still there and I can POST it to the server

Actually now that we have SJWesque

well yeah, most sites shouldn't even have accounts. I was thinking bank and email (which should both be separate from the web anyway).

Friends>Baseball
Pissing off baseball weenies>Not being a beta faggot

this is Holla Forums, m80. Home of autism and very bad BO. I don't think you'll find many baseball fans on here

>Dislinking the real football
PUUUUUTOOOOOO

Bread and circuses games are never fun, but Friends is simply worse.

I expected the comments at hackernews to be way more cucked than they were

Theres even another grrrrl c0d3r there making fun of this cunt

Make the gender input a color picker, problem solved.

Go back to your shithole of a forum

Female-only event in Chicago from three days ago.

twitter.com/WriteSpeakCode

Ok this is a big one. Brace yourself.

The fuck is this?

How is it not illegal to hold a female-only event? Would it be legal to have a male-only one as well?

How about I just make a form that fucking works? Who the hell honestly cares about shit like this?

As we see, both staff and attendees are a very diverse bunch of all shapes and sizes.

Inbetween presentation, no expenses were spared for the attendees to take a break from this boring mans world and spoil themselves with culinary wonders. Also, there was a nail station available.

"Female-identifying", actually.

Also, as everybody knows, "female-only" is inclusive and empowering, whereas "male-only" is exclusive and sexist.

Then just stop fucking going to their shitty dinners. Also, what fucking idiot watches Friends anyways?

Both are shit.

We're starting out with some really hard-hitting, empowering stuff.

One presenter in particular talked about her radical step in fighting both the male gaze and the all to well known omnipotent misogynistic bias we all share via shaving her head.

Much girl power, much empowerment.

You can see the slides of her presentation here, even our lord and savior Stallman is featured: speakerdeck.com/noidontdig/shaving-my-head-made-me-a-better-programmer

why not just make it a byte and define 256 genders or so and rearrange them so gender % 2 still gives correct biological sex

Perfect.

WHO THE FUCK GIVES A SHIT ABOUT ANY OF THIS?

google.com/trends/explore#q=feminism, sjw, transgender

SJWism is a manufactured phenomenon.

The progressive stack is the natural conclusion when you take Marx's class theories (like dictatorship of the proletariat) assume a Hegelian dialectic describes anything and replace an actual class system (in your theory) with "social classes". This is how someone can simultaneously oppress and be the oppressor by existing. SJWs believe a natural hierarchy exists where men are supreme over women and whites are supreme over blacks. The natural answer to this thesis is to create an antithesis. The antithesis is a reversed hierarchy where the most "oppressed" must be treated the best. With thesis and antithesis comes synthesis where equality is achieved.

sheboon, dyke landwhale, hog with aposematic coloration, flower pattern mumu hamplanet, chubbytumpkin, cooness, rug muncher, butterball with male pattern baldness.

DIVERSITY!

maximum shitlord

public bool is_male = true;

go with girl

most women don't mind being called girl and the SJW types will get triggered more by girl

also funny

class man variable surname variable christian-name ...end-classman subclass woman : pay ( r-wages -- ) 0.75e f* super pay ;end-class

hehe

it should be hours though

May I present: user's formal theory on the relevance and shittiness of ANY Holla Forums-related event.

The theory is as follows: The ratio of Apple laptops to Thinkpads, multiplied by the total number of brightly-dyed haircuts, gives a number called the hipster index. Take the hipster index, and halve it for each FSF, GNU, or Gentoo sticker you see stuck to laptops. This final number is called the cancer index. The greater the cancer index, the more shitty the conference is.

I've attempted to circle in green all Apple laptops visible in 2 photos from this event. I would've circled the snowflake haircuts, but they're pretty visible already. As you can see simply by visual inspection, this particular event's cancer index is off the charts.

Any thoughts?

good post, would laugh again

I also may use that

Shit mang, I'm not even sure that's a number

I don't know how to feel right now.

$ nodejs> (38/0)*6Infinity

it checks out.

user what do you get when you divide by zero

come on this is basic channer shit

You see user, this is a weird edge case of the theorem. It's not possible to divide by zero, so we can't actually calculate a numerical value for the cancer index.

Mathematics tells us that, as the number of thinkpads tends to zero, the hipster index (and therefore the cancer index) tends to infinity... giving us a value for the cancer index that cannot be contained by real numbers. It can only be described as
ABSOLUTE CANCER

And then there's this black bitch at the back who somehow is enough of a dumb consumerist whore with such a lack of self-respect that she actually put stickers on her laptop advocating for PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE. And not just any proprietary software at that, it's proprietary software with DRM. May rms have mercy on her soul.

Just for this bitch, I motion to bump the cancer index up to
ABSOLUTE CANCER X 2

You have to go back, Carlos.

>>>/g/

Fucking clipboard, post the RIGHT image

Oh for christ's sake

Fakefag alert.

Holla Forums isn't tumblr you fucking faggot. Feel free to head back there.

Male, female, mental disorder.

Quit autismshaming me, fakefag.

Come on dude, would you trust someone whose orientation is literally teh ghey?

Oy vey.

Did I stumble back into 2010 Holla Forums?

Number of sales of all other brands combined outweight those of Apple.

Are there actually unironic macfags on Holla Forums?

Men come into work to work, and not fop around stylishly. By cutting off her hair she signaled that she'd given up the stylish fopping that women typically engage in and focus on, so yes, that would definitely change everyone's perception of her overnight into "real programmer" until she undid it immediately by opening her whiny facecunt and revealing that the whole thing was actually yet another ploy for attention at which point all the male employees sighed amid the cheering and hooting of the women and went back to work, each a little closer to their eventual suicide

The following is a random keyword the nsa monitors via pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn: delay mechanism

So, you're trying to tell me that Apple is too mainstream?

tee hee

Yes, please segregate. Everyone will enjoy their work more.

seeing entire groups of women my girlfriend is more attractive than makes me feel better about myself

Post pics of your gf

So what languages are safe from these guys? I'd guess hard or old languages, like C or COBOL.

Macs are more popular in places like universities, where in some countries you get money to help with studies. Some universities give you the grant as points that you can only spend in uni, so people buy expensive things because they have no other use for the money.
Outside of uni, where you have to spend your own money, I very rarely see macs. Everyone uses HP or Toshiba laptops.

I want Holla Forums to go

Chucklefucks like you who endlessly complain about "pol" are far more annoying than actual pol-content. I don't know if all of you are butthurt liberals but you sure as hell are annoying as fuck.

languages with standards. C, C++, Common Lisp, Forth. Even if every existing community fell to the barbarians, you can just continue to ignore them and get work done. Only chore would be rejecting documentation patches.

I wonder about JavaScript though. It has standards, but they're eagerly making new ones and a new standard is always a ripe moment for bullshit, and there's such a high concentration of people who literally don't even know the language. OTOH, while searching for cancer, I found, well f.e.,

github.com/feross/standard/issues/5

> I just wanted to clarify one thing in case others read this thread: automatic semicolon insertion is well-understood and exactly specified in the ECMAScript spec. It's not like C's "undefined" or "implimentation defined" behavior. The behavior is completely predictable if you just take the time to understand it.

people unexpectedly having their head on their shoulders, in spite of ridiculous arguments from on high (Crockford: "ASI is bad because [describes the algorithm in spooooky manner]").

Holla Forums is a socialist board. That is the entire point of FOSS. Holla Forums ruins everything with their nazi fascism. Frankly they are just SJWs that hate everyone but cishet white males.

That's not how you spell "normal"

read sicp guise. read knuth guise. what language should I spend this entire year learning? haskell is p. cool guise, I'm really stretching my brain here.

but don't learn economics that's dumb. with my intense 0 months of study I can expound confidently and shamelessly about it to anyone.

also, have you ever noticed that SJWs are just like anti-SJWs? They're both opposed to stuff.

also, have you ever noticed that a bunch of arabs throwing stones at a slut who's buried up to her neck in the sand are pretty cool? They're doing something completely safe in their culture, so it's extremely brave of them to throw stones like that. Anyone saying that they were bad would be in the position of "saying things are bad", which is exactly how we go around to stoning sluts, so it's the same thing.

Please gas yourself

agree with you except for the stoning sluts part m8. it may not be the best solution but it sure as hell is effective at preventing degeneracy such as we now need to deal with by other means in Holla Forums.

if we could take all these slutcoders and just stones them, on condition that we do this because we stone all sluts as part of our culture tbh i would take that deal in a heartbeat so that we don't need to suffer their whining anymore.

we should start encouraging all of them to do this, like a #cutforbieber kinda thing

forum.nim-lang.org/t/2332

Someone is attempting to inject CoC in Nim.

> One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself

that coc just savage tbh

Why give a shit?

because last time we didn't when it came to Ruby, Mozilla, Debian, O'reilly OSCON, FreeBSD, etc. SJWs barging in unopposed and changing everything to suit their worldview.

Never make the same mistake again.

this, spot on, thanks for postings. never cave to SJW's

FAGS PLEASE LEAVE

KEK
maybe make an app to detect cancer levels at conferences now that an algorithm has been derived to quantify the cancer level.

Saw that too, kek.

Made us some oc fam. At least the past few months I've noticed a sustained D&C effort targeting (at least) Holla Forums and Holla Forums. Here they post "go home Holla Forums", "Holla Forums shits up everything", "Holla Forums is autists" and on /pol they post "gnu=kike", "stallman's a kike", "free software has backdoors / can't be trusted because anyone can be writing it", "coding is only a job for autists".

We have our flaws and our differences but we are still fam and will always be brothers despite our differences. Never forget that. I love you Holla Forums and I love you Holla Forums.

Goodnight fam.

Are you fucking stupid? Nazi literally stands for "national socialism"

Yeah, and Democrats are democratic.

I love you user

Wait, just noticed another layer to this.

Why do you do this? Why are you intentionally getting fed attention to some random thread?

Fuck off Holla Forums. You have 99.9% of the online and offline world for your libtarded views and cry endlessly about there being one website where the right has some measure of control.
Never works.
>>>/reddit/

Welcome to Holla Forums, polfriend.
I am contributing minutely to giving the NSA too much to meaningfully handle. You should too.

The following is a random keyword the nsa monitors via pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn: Mayfly

Unless you're a government agency, yes. This happened in Chicago, the city that once let neo-nazis hold a parade through the Jewish quarter because they had filed the proper paperwork. That's how freedom of speech/ freedom to assemble works; anybody who wants to can hold whatever events they want, as long as they don't break anything and reserve their rooms on time.

>offical web-standards

Does it scare you that SJWism is slowly dying as more and more people get fed up with your stupid horseshit?

Kill yourself fag, go make another thread sucking that kike stallmans dick. Liberals like you piss me the fuck off, you're the cancer killing Holla Forums.

triggered Holla Forumssjws

Watching all these Holla Forumsacks get triggered is hilarious.

Unlearned men of little taste