Other than "exclusivity", what the fuck can Mac OS do that Windows or GNU/Linux can't do?

Other than "exclusivity", what the fuck can Mac OS do that Windows or GNU/Linux can't do?

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=osx-fedora21-vivid&num=2
github.com/rogual/neovim-dot-app
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_Pro
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartz_(graphics_layer)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_Audio
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It can help you make shit threads like this.

Have shit performances.
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=osx-fedora21-vivid&num=2
Not an argument.

Run Valgrind and Microsoft Office Word™ at the same time, I guess.

make you get tons of pussy
boiiiiiiiiii

Unix
A stable DE (very few crashes, good multi-monitor behaviour, etc)

Note that I use GNU/Linux on all my PCs, but for having used OSX at my previous job there's no denying the out-of-the box experience is better than any Linux environment.

That's what WM are for, babby duck.

You know that a DE includes a WM, right? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Standalone WMs usually have less bugs, due to the lack of bloat. For example, i3 has a good xinerama support and few or no bugs.

naw, even Windows has UNIX via Cygwin and Microsofts official UNIX services package, and I must say Cygwin is actually quite good, especially its GCC packages, you can even run several GNU DEs out of the box as Windows applications

Basically I'm saying OSX is pretty useless

I was hoping Wayland would improve the buggy, poor performing (screen tears and font problems I'm looking at you) that seem to plague X11, but it's taking soooo long for WMs, let alone DEs, to get be fully ported to it.
In fact, I think most WMs don't even plan to.

Hotplug external PCIe devices without crashing.

this site is so fucking broken

mac helps you look pretentious

It has the best user interface of all operating systems. Every time I have to use a GUI program that wasn't written in Cocoa I have to scream internally. And yes, I know that you can skin Qt to look like Cocoa, but it will never work like Cocoa. You can also put so much makeup on a man until he looks like a woman, but he'll still be a man.

And it's a real Unix system, so I can do all the cool 1337 haxx0r stuff on it as well. Here is the repo of Neovim.app, a GUI for Neovim written in Cocoa without needing the XCode IDE at all:
github.com/rogual/neovim-dot-app

It can suck dick pretty good.

You win this round

Are you saying I can look like a cute girl if I put enough effort into it, even if I'm a really masculine guy IRL?

bash

You may need to read that post again.

oh, disregard me, i'm a faggot.

Windows/Linux cucks will tell you otherwise, but you drop fat stacks for a mackltoosh because Apple actually pays their OS developers instead of hiring designated shitters. The "just works" attitude should be something developers should strive for. I have to deal with dumb, piece of shit software with riddled with nonsensical design, bugs and Linux UI syndrome on my Linux machine on a daily basis.

And wow, speak of the devil. network-manager doesn't update my resolv.conf when getting a new DHCP lease, I have to do it manually.

It just wrecks.

You know that's a joke, right?

No, it's really not. You'd know that if you actually new a software developer that uses OSX.

Yes it is. I'm not even talking about HFS+ which is a giant pile of shit, or the lack of official package manager (well, at least pkgsrc did the work for them).

OK. let's fuck this chicken.

Yes.
Yep, brew is available but it's a piece of shit written by someone who can't flip a binary tree.

That being said it's still miles better than the alternatives.

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it" — Alberto Brandolini

The amount of disinformation and lack of arguments are astounding. But considering anyone in your line of thinking is a masochist; you can enjoy your 2kg IPS 1600x900 Gentoo thinkpad.

Just an FYI, I don't own a Macbook. I have a thinkpad. I went through the Arch and Gentoo ricer phase. It's a waste of fucking time. You get to a point where you realise that you're willing to pay for something that doesn't waste your time. You could say that, it "just works" :^).

Fug off retard normie REEEEEE

Wow user, thank you for enlightening me in the error of my ways. Your argument was both compelling and moving.

Please go back to >>>/4chan/g/.

Fug off Applel shill

yet another riveting technology thread

that's because you are a fucking retard
man dhcpcd

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartz_(graphics_layer)

and because my last copy-paste was hours ago,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_Audio