Other than the SJW aspect, is there any reason I shouldn't use Firefox?

Other than the SJW aspect, is there any reason I shouldn't use Firefox?

It's open source, secure, stable, and well-updated.

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/2016/06/15/firefox-50-custom-page-permission-visibility-improved/
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=863246
portix.bitbucket.org/dwb/
qutebrowser.org/
catb.org/esr/writings/taoup/html/ch01s06.html
git.iridiumbrowser.de/cgit.cgi/iridium-browser/commit/
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909
nightly.mozilla.org/
gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/
blog.mozilla.org/tanvi/2016/06/16/contextual-identities-on-the-web/
vivaldi.com/source/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contact_dermatitis#Causes]
blog.mozilla.org/tanvi/2016/06/16/contextual-identities-on-the-web/#comment-31121
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multithreading_(software)
gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html
gsmartcontrol.sourceforge.net/home/
smartmontools.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not really, it has a lot going for it.

I prefer Vivaldi but Firefox is still a good browser, the politics don't really matter to me as long as it works and does what I want.

It's slow and freezes all the time. Hopefully that will change when proper multithreading is introduced.

Not really, no.

If you like it, use it. Hopefully servo and the new features in 48 are good.

(OP)
If you dislike to use a product where the developers do nothing more than copying features from others to lure that competitors users over to their own product instead of implementing new groundbreaking features or keeping features which have been attractive to Firefox users, this would be a good reason for dumping Firefox.

Latest copy-cat action:
ghacks.net/2016/06/15/firefox-50-custom-page-permission-visibility-improved/

It's not as secure as Chromium (it does have much better privacy, I'm not arguing with that), and it's heavier than a lot of other browsers. There's no large flaw. It's a good browser.

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=863246

Just imagine how many other bugs there are like this. Firefox has been compromised for a long time

To any lurkers:
This whole thread and especially that comment show that Holla Forums is now compromised and corporate owned, no old timer here would ever say chromium is secure and most posts seems like socket puppets replying to sock puppets, stay away from 8ch and 16ch.

Do you know the difference between security and privacy?

Chromium is terrible for your privacy, but it is secure.

How do we know that something like Pale Moon or IceCat is more secure?

What's the distinction between security and privacy?

Privacy is Google finding out about your personal information. Security is people performing attacks on your web browser using javascript exploits and such.

Chromium sandboxes each tab, which makes breaking out of them much harder. Firefox is still working on that. That's just an example, there are other things.

Ofc not user, enjoy the botnet.

Can you elaborate? It would be a reason other than the SJW aspect.

fuck off

retard

Chromium is open sorce, secure, stable, and well-updated. It'll also have the only supported version of Adobe Flash on GNU/Linux moving forward.

While there are generally more useful extensions in Firefox, the Gecko engine has begun to show its age while Google's setup has become the new hotness every other browser bases itself on. Firefox is also locked out of a lot of stuff that accelerates browsing on Android devices, if you have a mobile device or tablet.

Firefox is an organization in meltdown, proper 64-bit support won't save it this far into the decline.

Privacy is protecting you from yourself.
Security is protecting you from others.

Chromium gives you security while Firefox gives you neither.

Jesus this board has gone to hell. The old guard wouldn't have tolerated this horse shit.

SJWfox has been a declining mess for years. They bloat it with new social features while leaving decade old bugs unresolved. I shouldn't even have to explain the problems with (((Chromium))).

dwb is your friend:
portix.bitbucket.org/dwb/

When this board was young we had so much discussion about whether or not Chrome/ium was botnet that the "Welcome to the botnet" image was made into a static page. There were always lots of people explaining why it's bad, like in this thread.

dwb is barely maintained. Use qutebrowser.

qutebrowser.org/

Show us the code or fuck off back to 4gag.

We don't, you fucking SJW. Code or GTFO.

Firefox and its forks really are your only option for privacy and open source these days. Fortunately it's going to get better this year. They're going to put it on the Servo rendering engine and turn each tab into its own process, so it will be way less laggy and freeze-prone.

Eat shit and die

Surely this will be the year of the linux desktop as well.

as sad as it is to say, thanks to dumb normies, there's only going to be laptops in the future

if KDE gets real about their Fiber browser I would switch to that. but whatever, shitposter.

when Servo and separate processes are rolled out, it will objectively make firefox better.

top kek

Not gonna happen

Leld more than I should have.

Two words user:
-Gew
-Gull

What does Google have to do with it?

it'll be late this year or next year.

Google have been Mozilla's sugar daddy since the AOL golden parachute ran out, so if you use Firefox you're supporting Google anyway.

Now that is some tinfoil. Even Alex Jones would call you crazy.

I hope so because it is desperately needed. I don't have high expectations that anything Mozilla claims will happen will happen when they say it will. All Mozilla seems to be able to do these days is add useless bloat.

Many boards are compromised
Holla Forums, /n/, and Holla Forums at the least

He specially said he doesn't care about SJWs.

>>>/reddit/

I find firefox to be much faster, lighter (feelwise), more reliable, and more secure than chrome. Obvious spanks IE. Not sure why anyone would use any other browser other than tor (which is FF based, to my knowledge). Anyone suggesting otherwise is probably trying to be contrarian or is trolling

Ugly UI, has Chrome-style telemetry, furfag memes.

Holla Forums uses IE

I always pictured Holla Forums as Safari users. Commiefags are pretty terrible with money, and love to be raped by capitalism which is why so many of them own Apple products even though they claim to be le ebin gommunists

>>>/reddit/

browsers with vim interfaces. nice! do these offer javascript filtering and cross-site filtering?

I think they stopped a few years ago.

little SJW bitch was too scared to respond to

I don't like how Firefox keeps adding unnecessary bloat in the core system. I fear there will be much more bloat in the years to come. I suppose they need to fight chrome with more chrome, which leads to bloat.

catb.org/esr/writings/taoup/html/ch01s06.html

I'm from Holla Forums. I use IceCat and Cyberfox.

git.iridiumbrowser.de/cgit.cgi/iridium-browser/commit/

ive always pictured Holla Forums as elitist faggots who cant get laid or are good at anything so they LARP about tech and act superior to others because of the browsers they use.

Go back

Holla Forums SJWs can't handle the bantz

Pick one ore lurk more faggot

That's mostly cross-boarders
You see the "recommend me a browser threads" only posted by cumskin crossboarders.

>>>/reddit/

being this tinfoil...... unless you are ultra paranoid paying everything in cash, never travelling abroad, never using a friends mobile, always using payphones, l33t hacker man or cocaina king or major pizza producer you are not so quit sprouting david icke type shit.

>>>Holla Forums732076

I'd say the ratio is better than here sometimes
And ignore the fucking tripfag, for some reason we're always a bit infested with them.

Holla Forums user here.

I use Firefox.

I also don't own any Apple products except for an iPhone, and I only have that because it was free with my phone plan.

Cool meme, famalams.

isn't Holla Forums just where Holla Forums goes to post ironically

Rather than putting it aside, as you are requesting us to do, I'm going to explain why I think we shouldn't.

We don't expect much from Google's involvement in either Chrome or Android beyond hours worked and great engineers' involvement. Which is a lot. But only in technical terms.

But we know Google is in it for the profit. We know Google chose the open source model not out of commitment to a series of principles but because it was the most convenient model for themselves in these specific projects.

Now, that's not the case with Mozilla Foundation. Mozilla has a long history of thorough involvement in the development and promotion of open source standards, open technologies, open source principles, hacking culture, et cetera.

That makes seeing them embrace the totalitarianism of progressive politics much more egregious. The difference is equivalent to seeing some random skank get destroyed by a meth addiction and seeing your mom do the same thing. It also has a strong component of betrayal.

In the face of the available options, embracing the botnet is much less painful than maintaining emotional investment in something that has already betrayed your confidence and that, you know now, will continue to backstab you time and time again.

So yeah... that's why I'm not coming back. SJWs need to burn and the traitors that profitted from pandering to them, at the expense of everyone else need to burn with them.

No they are actually pretty serious redditor SJWs in Holla Forums. They actually think that their version of communism has never been tried. It's extremely sad. Apparently they are swarming Holla Forums now too which explains all the
that has been posted lately

Holla Forums is anti-SJW and you would know this if you ever visited the board. Holla Forums is filled with alt-right refugees from reddit.

You're diseased in the head. Go home.

So is this the designated shitposting browser thread?

Great!

So I decided to fire up my old ARM PC again, FireCuck works "okay" but can feel a bit bloated at times on this old thing

Anything lighter? It doesn't have to be full of features but just something that will display modern web pages in all their glory is fine

NetSurf is optimized for ARM OSes

bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909
just go in the trisquel forum search for Chromium and you'll see why they don't put it in.
part of the code in it doesn't have a license witch makes it proprietary.
Download blobs
Unfortunately "open source" mostly becomes botnet (just look at the linux kernel)

The mozilla team is retarded in their view of the world that's for sure but they have made tremendous advancement in less than a year just test the nightly version to see where they are going
nightly.mozilla.org/
otherwise use gnu icecat

Please don't

Seriously? They come off as paranoid schizophrenic at times. I would figure they couldn't be compromised since they're always accusing each other of being shills and false flags.

>bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909
Firefox has over 1 million bugs, that's more than all of Debian combined

And this is relevant because?

Thats just part of Holla Forumss banter in all seriousness though, forum sliding is a very real thing, to newfags its an alien concept so they get thrown off when people call them shills so they come and bitch and moan about how shitty Holla Forums is everywhere

Bottom line is Holla Forums is usually the top board on this site, people think they have a problem, but its obvious they're doing something right. I don't want to come off as some conspiracy theorist, but I suspect there is a sizable number of lefties on this website going around trying to get everyone to turn on Holla Forums by trying to spread memes, its pretty obvious actually when you see it.

I remember seeing a video recording of a radio show on Holla Forums, and they brought up Holla Forums (yes they mentioned Holla Forums on live radio) and they said "leftists can't be politically incorrect!" and its true, leftypol has some sick delusion they they are anti-SJW, leftism and social justice are NOT mutually exclusive. I'm fucking sorry leftypol, the fact of the matter is the reason there are so many right-wing users on this website is because its easy to attack right-wing ideology in this day and age. Holla Forums not only has a duty to exist as a counter culture, it needs to exist before leftism finishes off what's left of western civilization

You can be a leftist and a thought criminal. It's just now that the Cold War is over, you have to try much harder.
Euronymous is a good example of a politically incorrect leftist.

This is true except their memes are too shit for that so they intentionally try to separate Holla Forums from the other boards by attempts at making them look bad

it was a discussed subject on Holla Forums a few times with screencaps of Holla Forums and other board threads

The USSR fell, that doesn't mean the Cold War ever ended, its just no longer an arms race, its a cultural war, a war of ideological subversion, and its being waged right now as we speak

Sure, but it's no longer Russia that's pushing for Communism and it is far more a war that is peace than it ever was.

no, they are not just pretending

They have been doing it on Holla Forums a lot too lately

nice try leftist scum

I don't believe you because you posted MLP.

I never visit Holla Forums and I too wish Holla Forums with the get the fuck off of boards if they can't keep their hitler shitposting and "hey geys I'm from pool!" to themselves.

InstallGentoo wiki:

Regardless of what you use Java should be disabled for secruity or privacy.

Literally just hearsay echochamber
It would have been trivial of them to archive some instances of Pale Moon being late to adopt important security updates. But nobody's actually citing things

Holla Forums is filled with exactly the kind of spineless, weak, manipulative fools that would get purged almost immediately in a fascist coup.

you can be a credulous thug OR have political ambitions. If you have both you're a loose end begging to be tied off.

palemoon is developed by a furry who lives in his mom's basement. stop pretending people should take him seriously and let it die dude.

Doesn't necessarily mean he's a bad developer, though.

Even though Palemoon is pretty shit

It always fucks up when you're trying to watch youtube

Holla Forums is filled with exactly the kind of spineless, weak, manipulative fools that would get purged almost immediately in a communist coup.

you can be a credulous thug OR have political ambitions. If you have both you're a loose end begging to be tied off.

I prefer to not have this shit on my computer, in any ways. Nothing good is done in Flash.
So this is actually a weak point of chrome/chromium, because they are flash-infested.

Who cares. Properly built websites work okay on both of them. And I see no point in visiting bloated and resource-hungry websites; also, they should die.

he was talking about Javascript, dumbass

Firefox is developed by fundamentalist christians

What's so special about Pale Moon? I know it does well with security, but it's going to be behind HTML5 wise.

oh you mean all those fucktards who seem to be from Holla Forums are false flags? i did find it a bit suspicious that someone would unironically post such ridiculous views.

I like how you didn't say he's wrong.

WOW! Totally not botnet!

Grow the fuck up faggot

I miss when Holla Forums was outside top 10 boards and we had actually competent people to discuss technology with minus the poltards

I hope you don't believe anything Snowden released is legit, because if you do believe the things he released there is nothing irrational about not wanting to use closed source software.

Meanwhile the people behind Mozilla are doing actual damage and you're sucking that feminine penis all day long

I actually like Sync, since I have Firefox on desktop, laptop, and phone. It's good for bookmarks and credentials.

you didn't read the link
no ?

You sure do love botnets user

Why would you use a browser with more bugs than an entire OS???

Since this is basically Firefox General...
blog.mozilla.org/tanvi/2016/06/16/contextual-identities-on-the-web/

This looks REALLY cool. Is Firefox finally going to make a comeback?

Chromium is open source, retard. It still has botnet that connects to google servers, but Chromium by itself isn't the problem. The problem is the closed source proprietary botnet that Vivaldi adds on top of Chromium. By all means, keep acting like you know what you are talking about though.

Although, the Vivaldi devs are probably too incompetent to disable the Chromium botnet as well, so I guess I can't really say it isn't the problem.

nice try dicklicker
vivaldi.com/source/

That's kinda cool and might actually be really useful.

They've ran out of features to superficially copy from Chrome so now they're going after Qubes

qubes proved the concept can work. why the anger?

it's another security patch that doesn't work in pale meme.

This isn't the Qubes concept. They just stole the name and slapped it on their profile manager.

I use Google Chrome because it's fast and works.
Even DesertWalrus, or whatever the browser Holla Forums likes is called, has backdoors too or will.
I trust Google with my data more than some fishy programmer.

Because Chrome causes contact dermatitis [en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contact_dermatitis#Causes]
Fuck you, it's only the first one, and the last is only true because they constantly update things I don't care about. No web browser can be called secure, and no such thing ever existed. It's rare to see anyone but marketing make such obnoxiously oblivious claims. Expecting web browsing to be secure in any meaningful sense is like expecting your 200th attempt to make a skysraper out of sand to work.

It wont change because the bugginess in Firecuck has nothing to do with multithreading. It's already full of concurrency bugs despite being mostly single threaded event driven crap.

So, Mozilla was right, that after making the browser work and look like Chrome, people are coming back again.

Let's face it, ricing is dead, privacy and security features are the future. This comment is only the beginning of Mozilla's rise from the dead! It is the first step to finally beating Chrome.

Welcome back!

blog.mozilla.org/tanvi/2016/06/16/contextual-identities-on-the-web/#comment-31121

Since i dont want to make another thread for such a silly question, is Vivaldi any good?

If you love botnet or fake browsers. Vivaldi is built by bundling Chromium with 2 add-ons and one web-app. That's all what Vivaldi is.

It is the botnet variant of FOSS Cyberfox - a normal browser with a bundled Classic Theme restorer like add-on.

You know, layers on top of an existing browser do suck, so does Vivaldi!

Cyberfox is better.

laughing_whores.jpg

Vivaldi dev shilling his botnet... again

That whole head guy getting chased out for something he did 5 years prior, in public(it's not like that was some fresh findings), coinciding with binary blobs for "DRM" being added. That is shady as fuck.

Other than that it's all bitches whining about ui changes.

Nice try dick licker

Overwhelmingly, yeah. Holla Forums has it in their heads that they're actually revolutionaries and will take back the site from the ebil nazees. But they're leftists, so rather than making good points they just try to subvert and pollute to turn public opinion against their adversaries, rather than turning it positively towards themselves.

It's a pathetic Ouroboros.

Then there was also the time they tried to subvert anime by mistranslating subtitles with communist messages and quietly entering them back into circulation on torrent sites. That was a riot.

Leftists are mindless drones, they understand only subversion and slaving for the Communist state they so wish to create, they think they are revolutionaries, they are bigger sheep then ever, especially in this day and age

You can say a lot about Holla Forums, but they don't pretend they're something they aren't. Leftypol can't even raid properly because its all subversive propaganda to them, when Holla Forums raids strawpols, or twitter or tumblr, they do it to trigger nornies and be a counter-culture to the wests dick sucking of Zionisn

fuck off spergfront.

true?

No. A single process can have multiple threads.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multithreading_(software)

Thank you for being so easy to mock.

Back in 2013 (early 2014?) Mozilla was caught sending data to google through firefox. After that fiasco firefox went to shit.

Aside from falling for the /g/ slash Google anti Firefox meme, no.
The single threading making bad JS hang up everything would be the only reason but I don't find this to be a problem with uMatrix.

I'm maining firefox nightly right now, I can't say that I've used this feature yet...

Security's a good advantage of that feature if you're not already blocking third-party trackers one way or another, but personally I'm more interested in it allowing you to be simultaneously logged in to multiple accounts of the same site.

No, leftypol likes to pretend it isn't sjw but it is, in ways I won't bother explaining because you leftypol types show a lack of self-awareness.
Even if I did, you'd just dismiss it, so what's the point.

Well, to be honest most of pol is okay with being a nazi because they like the aestethic movement, the whole boots on the ground, military parades, etc, but even if they were actually nazis, well, nazis are called national socialists for a reason. They're alt-right in the sense that my grandma would use, but if we get serious, they are just oppositioners. They're just counterculture for being edgy, not for actual identification with the ideas (most of them, I don't argue that there is more than a literal nazi among them). But it's real good that we have an opposition that only opposes, no matter the problem, and is so detached from the mainstream that it considers ideas like killing people and actually ponders if they have merit on them.
I do agree with the more conspiracy-theory oriented ones, also, as many alphabet soup orgs have proven to be shitting on us, and Holla Forums has been proven right many times about that.

Yes.
I'm getting so used to corporations doing shady shit that I'm numbed.
I want off this ride.

Well, it makes sense, since there are so little leftist "solid" points. All they can do is false flag.

Brave may be worth a look.

Hey, they're whatever Holla Forums says they are. Just like Holla Forums is whatever SJWs say they are.

If one tab freezes, your whole browser freezes. This is why I stopped using firefox.

Not an argument. Doesn't Holla Forums claim to be all about meritocracy and not play identity politics?

Just try talking about race and ethnicity there...

Exactly. Holla Forums thinks race is irrelevant. SJWs won't shut the fuck up about it.

But I'm a nationalist user. Most of us are. Nationalism is dying/getting killed fast and it terrifies me. The right and the left don't matter that much in the end. I just want to find a societal system that Justworks(tm).

To make this Holla Forums related. Think of the console wars, the OS wars and the programming language wars. That's nationalism right there.

I haven't been on here in a while. What's the deal with 16chan?

There isn't a deal with it other than some retards being salty that a chan exists they don't control in any way. That post was solely to poison the well.

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html

in the end just uses gnu icecat

how do I make icecat not take 45 seconds to load this site's catalog on my netbook? cause that's why I'm using vivaldi in the first place, the mozilla alternative is fucking unusable.

Thank you for those images.
Hopefully the vivaldi dev will shut the fuck up now

Gnu icecat is based on the ESR version of firefox the 38.8 for now the next version will be 45.x and it's going to be a nice upgrade.
But the best upgrade is when it will be in the 49 version and above.
I help the nightly version since the 45 and it's just great there was a ton of upgrade and it's fast (even on monocore pc from 18 years ago).
just try it user.
nightly.mozilla.org/

also user, don't try to bullshit on loading time for Holla Forums it takes 15 seconds on a shit pc like I have.
If it does not load under or be equal to 15 seconds, you should seriously look on de-bloating your laptops/pc software and have a hardware diagnostic.
Especially for the hard drive
gui
gsmartcontrol.sourceforge.net/home/
tool
smartmontools.org/
read the SMART and How much hours it has bean working standard harddrive that are already sold in a pc have a life expectancy of 2000 hours (it's fucking weak) it can go further but they will have less and less performance/reliability, also don't go over 40°c for more than a hours for your hard drive.

SEAMONKEY
E
A
M
O
N
K
E
Y

I'd like to use Chromium but I'm afraid of it being just as resource-hungry as Chrome. Is it lighter compared to Chrome or not?

It chugs about half the amount of resources that chrome does.
I mean, it's not lightweight and it's way better than chrome.

Hey.

I'm actually a nationalist.

t. Holla Forums

I refuse to go along with this and I've seen through all of your lies, Holla Forums, you wicked, wicked DEVIL!

AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHUUUUUUUUAAAAGGGGHHHH!

left refers to the economic spectrum, you retarded faggot.

Holla Forums moron detected.

Seamonkey is the best browser available.

Why would I not use palemoon when it still supports sync 1.1 and I can locally sync my computers to my debian box?

not directed at this site is just broken

Listen here dipshit, I run Gentoo on an SSD. Don't tell me my hardware's broken or my software's bloated because literally everything but the fucking Mozilla browser works fine.

oh look another browser thread how original

Fuck off, seriously.

threads don't block each other unless you have shitty locks

fuck off josh