Looking for a red pill on AMD after coming across this on cuckchan /biz/ seems like alot of anti-AMD shills especially...

Looking for a red pill on AMD after coming across this on cuckchan /biz/ seems like alot of anti-AMD shills especially on Seeking Alpha. What's the deal with disliking AMD/ liking Intel and Nividia?Originally posted on Holla Forums but the conspiritards there had no answers.Anonymous 06/08/16 (Wed) 10:07:38 No.426132>>426225
Anything that goes against Israels plans is hate speech. Questioning the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust is hate speech, buying AMD processors is hate speech, voting for Trump is hate speech.

Other urls found in this thread:

amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/security
wired.com/2016/06/demonically-clever-backdoor-hides-inside-computer-chip/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_v._Intel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_C++_Compiler#Criticism
theregister.co.uk/2013/07/12/intel_atom_didnt_beat_arm
libreboot.org/faq/#amd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

look into amd won law suits against intel tampering with benchmarks.

intel/nvidia success is 50% shilling, 50% no competition. Good thing that amd finally uped their marketing, too bad it also uped their botnet game

amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/security

also anything past certain year is backdoored by default
wired.com/2016/06/demonically-clever-backdoor-hides-inside-computer-chip/

so go for really old amd processors, old SCB boards without binary blobs or wait on RISC computers if you want some privacy

Thanks for Reply
Good now with AMD's new chips and Zen and Polaris products is the anti-AMD shills just attempting to somehow upset their progress with basically shit posting. Or is there something more to it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_v._Intel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_C++_Compiler#Criticism
Basically, Intel used their jew jitsu to eliminate all competition (including VIA, who is worse than AMD Geode anyway).

Also theregister.co.uk/2013/07/12/intel_atom_didnt_beat_arm
tl;dr they're still using ICC to jew benchmarks.

Would you trust your grandparents to pick a decent CPU/GPU for their needs? Why would you trust politicalfags? I love politics and stuff, but watching people who indulge in politics as their hobby talk about tech is like watching someone in the government talk about technology, "series of tubes", etc...

So I guess you came to the right place. But above all else, trust your own senses. Some light research shows Intel trickery in the past, and anti-competitive behavior. AMD is sort-of the "nice guy" in this situation, even participating in FOSS now and again. They both have their rough edges, but hopefully they get smoothed-out within the next decade, with the coming flood of RISC chips and such.

AMD is only good relative to the other options in the same space.

For example:
libreboot.org/faq/#amd (the same page has a section like that for Intel, which started earlier)

Good stuff I own stock (Robinhoodfag from cuck/ biz/) Trying to figure out if AMD is the future/better than Intel/Nividia

Because politics != political science (which is more of a philosophy subset). But that doesn't change the fact that Holla Forums is more suitable for this question than Holla Forums.

Probably better than Intel/Nvidia, and maybe the future, but if it is, not a particularly bright one.

My area of expertise is technology, so the semantics don't matter to me. I'm not giving OP any political insight, nor would I, because I'm not an expert.

OP made it seem like the people he talked to relied on dogma rather than facts, which is typical of people who think they're experts on everything.

Sage because I have nothing important to add.

Your both right, on sights like Seeking Alpha there's a push/pull between tech expertise and business management ( mixed with charts, tea leaf counting ect...) the political aspect was the newest. That's why I was looking for some more insight to this investment.

Tbh, the RX 480 looks like it will absolutely mop the floor with the 1080 for less than half the price, and it makes the more affordable options from NVIDIA look absolutely pathetic. Xen is supposedly around the corner as well, but I know much less about it other than people are excited and hopeful.

AMD has been the runner-up for a long time now, but they have a history of risky decisions that haven't worked out for them recently, but may end up putting them on top in the long run. Their threaded performance is tremendous and applications (namely games) are finally starting to utilize this aspect. That may close the gap. In addition, their GPUs use the, more-expensive, more difficult to implement HBM. It saves room on the PCB which increases the VRAM cap on display cards, but when you consider the NVIDIA quadro just came out with what? 24 GB RAM? So this cap doesn't seem to be in sight for the consumer. Again, AMD is way ahead of the curve.

I don't know what that means in a business context, tbf, but I can see AMD's approach catching up very quickly, very soon.

If buying AMD is hate speech, then everyone who bought a current-gen console is promoting hate speech.

:^)

The thing that scares the shit out of nvidia shills is Vulkan. AMD spent the last 10 years getting everyone on board with the idea of a low-level hardware API (Gallium on Linux) that slow legacy ones like OpenGL just sit on top of, and then turned it into an open standard. Nvidia, who are massive faggots, are now in full damage-control mode with shit like Gameworks, DirectX 12 Crippled Edition and basically admitting they're 20 years behind on VR support, because they completely missed this boat.

Yeah this is the opposite of what was being said for the 6 months I've been tracking AMD. JUNE 30th is the release date for Zen so I'm probably going to double down on it.

There is no conspiracy, AMDs chips are just very fucking shitty

22 FAKE CORES

Their single core performance sucks, but I wouldn't expect you to be able to articulate that. They took a gamble and it failed, but it could still pay off in the long run, now that Intel is taking a breather after getting pwnt by physics.

Will Xen run Half-life well?(and yes I know it's (Z)en.)

Zen doesn't launch till Q3/4. They have working silicon. The date you are thinking of is the end of the NDA about Polaris and the retail availability of the RX 480/70/60.

>>>/4chan/
>>>Holla Forums
>>>/suicide/

Holla Forums really is dead.

Only the Fury, FuryX, and Nano use HBM1, which is constrained to 4GB.
None of the Polaris cards (480 and lower) use HBM.

Also Vega will use HBM2 (with a much higher capacity ceiling), but that won't be released until 2017.

You're absolutely correct. AMD outmaneuvered Nvidia by taking on the low-margin console chips, then seducing game devs with low-overhead APIs (and open-sourcing quite a few libraries).

Can I get a breakdown of the RX 480 release. Geek/faggotry war. Is the RX 480 a good product worth the 4.5 out of 5 stars or what.

Whoops, yeah my bad. No HBM on Polaris cards.

It's basically a GTX 970, but with a full 4GiB of RAM (or 8GiB for slightly more). It's well worth the price and it's raised the bar for a budget gaming experience far beyond what it was previously.

Provided you don't want things like Ansel or Cuda, it's a great choice.

we don't know if Zen desktop CPUs will have the PSP/TrustZone.

About 970 performance in Gameworks games and some DX11 titles, 980 performance under DX12(absolutelydisgusting.jpg) and Vulkan, and about 980 performance across the board is expected with custom cards reaching 1400Mhz.

There has been a power overdraw issue on some of the early cards, the cards with the problem will be fixed with a BIOS update.

Overall, a Solid GPU with future-proof capabilities, with Vulkan becoming more relevant.

Also the Custom cooler and board cards will overclock much better than the reference version, so I would wait a few weeks for those.

I'm still pretty pissed they still have shitty/nonexistent OpenCL on R600/700 cards that clearly have the silicon for it (because they all disappeared into shitty bitcoin rigs)