/tech asks about a way out, here it is perhaps

/tech constantly complaints about Chromium botnet, Firefox SJW stupidities and Firefox going the Chrome way.

How about contributing to the QT WebKit revival with a large feature update and then we make our own superior browser which puts Scroogle Doom and Gayzilla Copyfox out of their misery and sends Greedvaldi and Chropera flying once and for all?

See here:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=QtWebKit-Next-Gen

Other urls found in this thread:

qutebrowser.org/
iridiumbrowser.de/
kver.wordpress.com/tag/fiber/
otter-browser.org/
qupzilla.com/
gnu.org/software/emacs/
gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/
directory.fsf.org/wiki/Iridium
blogs.gnome.org/mcatanzaro/2016/02/01/on-webkit-security-updates/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

qutebrowser - a qtWebKit, soon qtWebEngine browser with vim-style keybindings, similar to dwb:
qutebrowser.org/

Iridium - a Chromium fork with code that calls home replaced and privacy/security settings tweaked:
iridiumbrowser.de/

KDE Fiber - an upcoming highly customizable and extensible browser with support for multiple rendering engines:
kver.wordpress.com/tag/fiber/

Otter Browser - a clone of the "old" Opera:
otter-browser.org/

Qupzilla - Simple, pleasant Firefox workalike:
qupzilla.com/

GNU Emacs - Supports Webkit when compiled with xwidgets, also has a simple browser built-in:
gnu.org/software/emacs/

What's the problem with WebKit?

Is Iridium really to be trusted?

It's FOSS and uses source control in a way that makes checking their modifications easy. It's funded by a non-profit network of companies that's associated with projects like Libreoffice.

you forgot
gnu icecat: a fork of firefox based on the ESR but without the non-free software of the mozilla group (non free software was not compiled) plus a lot of modification to prevent fingerprinting.

gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/

Security updates are merged really late into mainline Icecat. I no longer recommend it.

The version Guix packages is fine, though. If you use it, use it through that.

What's the problem with Blink?
The render engine is not the botnet.

if you don't use one of the the web modes written in pure emacs lisp you are a faggit

probably so
directory.fsf.org/wiki/Iridium

I don't like them for technical reasons. They are bloated POS. You need a 64-bit system and gazillions of RAM to compile Webkit for 32-bit

Just. No.

Different browsers for different purposes. eww is great for handling text content, but xwidget-webkit can even play videos.

Straight out of reddit, I take it?
>>>/suicide/

>>>/retard/

I still use palemoon. Even though there's been no updates in about a month, it works fine, and is just a debloated firefox.
Really looking forward to fiber, though.

Didn't the guy working on Fiber say he was putting it on hold? The last post on his site with any info about it is from last November.

Good to see that he's working on it again and that it's close to a release. I can't wait to scrap firefox altogether for Fiber.

Firefox was very publicly cucked, but how have they become SJWs? Devs I know on the Gecko side of the house most definitely aren't SJWs.

Second, what of Brave as an alternative to Google Botnet and Mozilla Jenga?

It has the ads thing, but I haven't heard of any other reason I could want to use it so far. It's a generic Chromium/Blink-based browser with a feature I'm not interested in.

Assuming they're not interested in the ad thing, why should someone use it?

It lets you disable the ads. Beyond that, supposed to be more stable than Firefox (admittedly not saying much) and allows for blocking inline scripts, which means support for a full NoScript-esque addon unlike Chrome's bastardized support.

Also does more to fight HTML5-based tracking than either Chrome or Firefox.

Besides, the zero-knowledge ad thing (no data sent back to anyone on which ads you're shown) plus built-in BTC support are nice. Though I forget if BTC support via CoinBase is already implemented or soon-to-be.

I've been using surf by the guys at suckless.org for a while now. There are a few plugins you can get, but you have to compile it from source if you are a loser that wants tabs. Their window manager dwm is pretty good too.

blogs.gnome.org/mcatanzaro/2016/02/01/on-webkit-security-updates/