Tfw almost all of the DC Nation shorts are garbage

Other urls found in this thread:

kat.cr/doom-patrol-v1-t593842.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump thread 611903, Doom Patrol!

Has that viral filler incubator led to anything besides TTG?

Just Doom Patrol, really. The rest of them are pure cancer.

Also fun fact, that first one is supposed to be the first appearance of the Doom Patrol.

Why did this not become a series?

Do you have the others?

This is the only other one on their jewtube channel. I don't think there were others.

>the costumes even change

Okay, Amethyst was alright. I've been meaning to finish it.

Every time I start wanting to get into Doom Patrol I remember that the most popular run is Grant Morrison's which had his signature "high concept fucking retarded" characters, like a tranny that coagulated liquids, and a sentient street that liked to crossdress. And that even when he left the book it remained tainted with retarded, uninteresting oddball cosmic horror characters.

I'm struggling to think of an even more absurd idea, but I just woke up and I don't want to think about this all day. Even a sentient river or forest seems kinda mundane in comparison. Even a benevolent pile of Civil War muskets that guards the reincarnation of a dog from generation to generation seems at most like a two story character at most.

Seriously, this could have been a viable show. Why did they not make it into one?

Probably someone realized it would cost MONEY and that Doom Patrol action figures wouldn't fly off the shelf.

It's nice that they were able to make shorts that were full of such pure fanservice to the original fans, but think about how hard it is to market a something like that to a larger audience. As much as we can be angry that we didn't get more, the reality is that they basically had to beg execs to give them funds to make something so heartfelt and pure, even in such a limited form.

Maybe not at first but it's a team of superheroes. Add Beast Boy in there and you've got yourself a winning property.

But then they can just play the Beast Boy card along with the other Titans in a show with a younger demographic that uses basic designs from a show they already was successful. I'd fucking LOVE if Doom Patrol became a series, but I'm struggling to think of a way to make it successful enough where an exec wouldn't want to just do a much less risky show for more profit.

If anyone can think of a way for a show as artistically satisfying as Doom Patrol to also be financially satisfying to the people paying the bills, that would be fucking awesome. The best I can think of is hope that Netflix does pick up Young Justice (which had a similar demographic of older teens to adults as Doom Patrol might) and that it becomes a big success. Because if it does, that could open up a chance for it to become a Netflix Original, which might be willing to experiment a lot more than CN or other normal networks.

This is Joe Simon levels of weird.

That voice does things to my nether regions…

So, is there a pack with all the shorts from DC Nation? I could not find one yet.

DC uploaded most of them to Youtube.

Why would you make a guy with no vocal cords your lookout?

The comic was better.

I like that the Vibe shorts were a blast from the 90's.

JUST

I sorta liked the Super Best Friends or whatever
Premise is good, Supergirl is hot, and I like wondergirl's voice.
It's better than most shows that are up now.
Sneak in a bunch of references older comic readers will get(like they do in TTG) and you've got a nice series.

Just read the original Arnold Drake run of Doom Patrol. It's full of crazy and oddball shit, but it was the silver age so it doesn't seem like it was trying so hard to be wacky. It was just naturally bizarre. That run also has a pretty satisfying conclusion, so you can stop reading there and be better off for it.

There's not many seeders, but here's a torrent. kat.cr/doom-patrol-v1-t593842.html

It's like a Dr. Girlfriend thing, except in reverse.

Was the Tennis instructor intended to look like Sharapova?

I'd kill for a Vibe comic where he goes up against a ridiculous Donald Trump expy decked out in full Looten Plunder duds.

try this if you ever do want to read about a sentient forest/swamp

…An excellent question. It's up there with "Why do they made a commando squad of typical monsters?"

Doesn't seem too bad..was expecting the worst but this is loads better than CN's output at the moment…and I have to admit, she is kinda cute.

Nothing but broken promises from the DC Nation.

The quality of Cartoon Network's youtube uploads reflects their current output: shitty.

Inspired by them, but in a budget less costly for a full series

Holy shit, this is fantastic.

They could've made more shorts.

That would be great.

So much shit happening in 1 minute, it's just awesome. It's like watching Fairly Odd Parents except good. OOOOOOH~

Have another.

wow, I didn't think it was possible but they made the weeb titans worse.

I think that would work better as a Deathstroke series.

They should call you Jericho, because I fucked your mother!

Because Cartoon Network and DC hate each other more than making money.

CN constantly undermined what DC put out with hiatuses and fucked up the toy for Young Justice with; to make things work, Time Warner who owns both of them got it into their head that kids don't want action, they want randumb humor toons.

I get the feeling TM proper is more hands-off than say Disney. HBO, WB, and Turner all do their own thing for the most part.

I thought that was pretty good, but then again I'm not into comics as much.