Infinity open source project

Ron still didn't release any new patches, making Holla Forums effectively closed source or open core. Upcoming refactors may cause the forks to diverge, leaving Ron as the only person to person Holla Forums codebase.

See the tracking bug:

github.com/ctrlcctrlv/infinity/issues/541

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/cow/res/210902.html#214087
pastebin.com/DipC4bcj
archive.is/28MsO
8ch.net/faq.html
github.com/qqueue/fountain
zrashwani.com/server-sent-events-example-laravel/
16chan.nl/b/thread/3839#3848
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%_rule_(Internet_culture)
github.com/licson0729/libSSE-php
16chan.nl/*/-b/catalog
16chan.nl/*/sfw/catalog
16chan.nl/*/-b/
16chan.nl/next/thread/157
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

to develop*

Nobody gives a shit tbh fam.

I do.

gookmonkey was the one who finally killed 8chink

bump

Can we contact the vichan people about this? This is a pretty blatant violation of GPL.

no part of vichan is a part of GPL, except for one library. additionally, GPL isn't AGPL, so if you ran GPL software on a server without releasing the sources, it's perfectly OK.

As you can see, though, I'm tackling technical issues that may arise at a later time, when Holla Forums decides to rejoin the community.

Do Ron and Jim have some sort of pathological fear of open source?

thanks family man

bump

In an ideal world Infinity would be left deprecated and everyone would be helping Josh polish up infinity next. Sadly instead everyone will still try to patch together the pile of shit that is infinity, or make a new engine and give up after 2 months.

8ch.net/cow/res/210902.html#214087

Daily reminder that Jewsh has been shilling and defending himself by hiding behind Anonymous.

Josh explicitly said before, that he created infinity-next so that he could design it alone, pushing his vision. Which doesn't necessarily need to be my, or your vision.

That doesn't prevent us from forking it and working on it ourselves, to work with our own vision. Nice attempt at trying to do a cop-out, though. Not really.

Go ahead and get started on forking Infinity Next and we will all join you after you've put in serious effort. Okay?

What needs fixed?

bump

pastebin.com/DipC4bcj

Why can't that little faggot Freddit get his shit together?

yeah, a month passed since that announcement. that's technically "a few weeks".

A post has been made on the /sudo/ board ( >>>/sudo/1300 )( not to mention /operate/ ) with a link to the archive.is version of that pastebin (pastebin.com is considered harmful)
>archive.is/28MsO
Concerns have been expressed on /metatech/ and on other boards as well.
Guess what, no answer yet. No matter the lack of transparency reports at this point in time. Modifications have been implemented with no mention about them at all. And no one is going to talk about the elephant in the living room

I remember the old Brennan suggesting to tear the site apart if something like this ever happened. All I see is a cocksucking contest and silent complicity.

More than enough happened.
The answers are that the mods don't want to lose their kingdoms.
As evidence: I present the fact that Mark had no problem taking over Holla Forums under the 'Spurdo' account on Jim's orders, and Jim kicked the rest out for a while.

Coupled with the fact that him and his son shadily took over 2channel, and even seized the domain, after it was apparently their software that leaked credit card information, no matter if Hiroyuki was 'datamining' by selling fucking search engine access to anime production studios, it's all pretty retarded.

Complicity is the name of the game, for sure. No one wants to admit that there were grave fuck ups, especially on the part of the owners.

And the 502 errors are still alive and well, even with this small userbase.

8ch.net/faq.html

I think they do have volunteers that are not also global staff.

Yeah, no shit faggot. That's their right.

But Jim stomping in and removing mods, and banning people from IRC, for no fucking reason other than to appoint their chief autistic hotpocket as a new BAD admin, is just in bad taste.
Everyone saying "i-it doesn't matter based codemonkey is our admin!" simply doesn't understand what happened, and what is happening.

It's also Jim's right to remove boards and ban people globally, and we see what happened last time: nuking a legitimate board that had nothing to do with pedophilia and globally banning a shitload of ranges, including the Holla Forums BO, then he went to justify it on Holla Forums because he doesn't want to lose his main userbase.

I'll reiterate: these are the people that seized 2channel. Codemonkey isn't exactly very honest either, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but the more I thought about it after all this shit none of it makes sense.
Selling access to a search engine for plaintext of discussions to so they can be presented to anime production companies is hardly 'datamining' any more than creating a client using the API that would crawl for shitposts pertaining to various topics on Holla Forums, or even an exclusive firehose interface that you would charge access to.

>suggested OpenPGP key: 0x10DDC983901AA183 2015-02-01 Fredrick Brennan >

It sure is a reliable way to double check crucial infos about this literal Filipino forum

Holla Forums is closed source botnet and datamines your posts, Jim is turning this place into cuckchan 2.0, for more details see infographic.

16chan is completely Free and open source under AGPL, while Jim hates FOSS.

How long does it take these threads to rebuild?

why does nobody use the AGPL? :(

How does this password assign thing work? If you don't save any history how will it remember you between ip changes?

If you are a loyal shill for Josh, the lolcow who faps to hurtcore cp, unironically, then you need to re-evaluate your life tbh

put your trip on Josh

If you favorite boards, and favorited boards persist across sessions, your post deletion password stays the same. Basically local storage.

Repeating it over and over again doesn't make something true.

I never favorited any boards. Doesn't local storage get cleared when you close the browser and set it to not remember history?

No man those emails were totally fake
You can't run from your past Josh

i imagine it would, it'd depend on the browser.
the only thing that makes managing this simple is self-destructing cookies, apparently cookies is a catch-all in firefox options including local storage otherwise.

i'm pretty sure they were fake chat logs
even you don't know what you're talking about anymore

especially by implying everyone is josh
you just make yourself look like an idiot
don't you have enough boogeyman to obsess over?

it's like calling everyone Jim and implying that he solicits sex from children in a Filipino cult because they need to money to go to church.
which might be a true story, by the way. you'll never really know.
i'm sure his money is put to good use, going straight to the collection buckets.

If you don't save history you have nothing to worry about.

plenty of companies do.
just not internally with a project that might be linked to by source in the future.
and if they do, they make sure to use explicit permissively licensed interfaces.
most companies have one big repository, though, and don't want to risk it.

LIES PROMOTED BY ED

I'm not Josh

I made the OC

bump

Get the fuck out.

The specific one I'm talking about wasn't a pedophile board.
Repeating it over and over again doesn't make it true. It just makes you a Jim dicksucker.

meanwhile better sites give their overcatalog away for free :^)

Which was it then?

You keep trying and it is NEVER going to work.

The best thing about fucking up in /cow/ is now everyone is tenfold paranoid about me posting. If you ever want to rile up an entire board into a fevered pitch, just post in my defense or use my name. My tripcode is "## and Void".

test

Welcome to being a shill 101. Your first lesson: don't say things you can't weasel your way out of.

to tomasz terka ten jebany skurwysyn

If you use self-destructing cookies then there's no issue.

But if you want things like settings and hidden threads to persist between browsing sessions then you'll want to manually change your password every so often.

Those irc posts about CP were done by a Meth addict called Mirrorman

test

test 2

What needs fixed?

WEW

>>>/ddlg/
Nuked all the posts

speaking of which, check out this streaming API
github.com/qqueue/fountain

I'm Jewsh

zrashwani.com/server-sent-events-example-laravel/
server sent events are kinda cool

null and void, like the space between his eyes

Wouldn't that put them close together?

It is infinite, like a void, and like Holla Forums, which refuses to die.

That's not what void means.

Please be nice to retards, concepts like 'null' and 'void' are too high of a concept for them usually.

I'm a huge faggot. I love cock. Please lick my cock. Who am I kidding? You're going to even if I don't ask nicely. :^)

:^)

I've made some adjustments to >>>/infinity/

Try posting on it.

Nice joke, user.

Also, isn't me.

DELETE THIS
E
L
E
T
E

T
H
I
S

this
sse is a Uriel-compatible format

Dank ass shit bruh.

How does it feel being a faggot?

Does someone who is behind the "nomad" handle on IRC? I've been away for a while and I could have missed something

>>>/metatech/1243

s/Does someone who/Does anyone know who/

It's Ron/Codemonkey.

History aside, what makes 16ch worse than 8ch? I really don't trust this Jim character.

THE JEWSH MENACE

Honestly there is nothing that makes 16chan worse than Holla Forums. There may still be some features missing in Infinity Next that Holla Forums has, but the major stuff is taken care of. Josh has also added new features that we don't have here that are pretty nice(image hover for example). Josh seems to legitimately care about his users even though he gets a lot of shit here because hotwheels threw him under the bus.

*sigh*

do i have to get 100 irc logs to prove you wrong?

DO YOU NOT REMEMBER THE IP ADDRESSES

???
? ?
???

Yeah, hotwheels also leaked IP addresses on purpose, for a news story in a SJW news outletto circlejerk with his furfag spammer "friend."
Along with leaking all the hidden boards and a full database of /int/ without IP addresses removed before federation stopped with vichan as well as a database and the application key at seperate times.

But please do post 100 irc logs, autist.

kill yourself

And that doesn't even count all the times hotwheels allowed IPs to leak through that CSS exploit. First time could have been forgiven, but the fact it happened like 5 more times after that because hotwheels couldn't be fucked to implement a proper solution is much more egregious than leaking IPs on a beta site.

Have a serious answer
>a retarded murry-purry furry is namesquatting half the boards and owns the site's namesake twitter account

Let Josh know about missing features, or if you know PHP write up a pull request.

See above

Half of what boards? The 4chan legacy boards are being held by Josh. Currently there are only 155 boards, which means they are plenty of boards you can create. Also this isn't a software problem.

Kinda like freech does here? Spam is a moderation problem not a software problem. I haven't seen anything like what you are saying though, you just seem to be butthurt about trivial shit.

Both Holla Forums and 16chan sucks.

One is headed with what is almost assuredly a literally autist who thinks he's better than everyone else, so much so he requires memes in his honor to keep his ego fueled.

The other is filled with businessmen who don't know shit about technology and a crippled faggot who hates his userbase.

That we are even arguing over which is better is so retarded it makes my head hurt each time one of these fucking arguments get started here.

We shouldn't be forced to pick between the lesser of two evils. We should have a place that isn't evil, period.

And before you say it, anyone without brain damage can see the AGPL doesn't solve any of the problems associated with datamining. It just makes it slightly less convenient to do so.

User JS was the biggest mistake hotwheels made.
Download greasemonkey, you retarded faggot.

No one has ever said it did. Not even Josh.

Ah, it's the insane man who hates AGPL more than he hates all evil in the world combined. Hello again.

I don't know who this "man" is of which you speak, but this sound suspiciously like the "shill" scapegoat used commonly in Holla Forums.

Since you're not there at the moment, I feel I have an obligation to tell you that most people here are smarter than that.

I don't intend on creating any IRC or Twitter account to represent the imageboard. It's an imageboard, the imageboard should be represented by the imageboard.

I've meddled with GNU/Social and might run a node for that. Some weird German guy snatched up the Twitter account immediately but that's on him. I don't really care. If I asked him nicely I assume he would give me it.

The two features you mention can be implemented at any point. It's small JS work. But, someone is actually designing an UI and providing a mockup for how he would like to see filtering added. If you want to get involved in that conversation, the thread is here.
16chan.nl/b/thread/3839#3848

As for the community, yea, it's weird people. Go figure. It's not a community that's been bootstrapped with an existing group of people so it's going to get whomever want to be a part of its growth and development. Those people are usually atypical because normies just want to be a part of whatever is popular. See: 4chan.

The board is slow but that's because it's so juvenile. Jim is never going to make a mistake as big as what moot did because Ron is not going to let him. Jim's buffoonery and incompetence in dealing with Cloudflare and then blaming me for it is his own problem, but Holla Forums's current userbase is so battered and broken by a year of broken promises and borderline emotional abuse from its management and so dumbly loyal to its bought-in administration that they'll never leave. There just is no possible way for me to see Holla Forums as a quality source of new users, so I don't treat it as one.

I lurk around because this has been a website I've used exclusively for going on two years now, but I use it less and less frequently because so much of what made it a great website is completely gone and will never come back. Few people disagree outside of Holla Forums and Holla Forums, but they see no alternatives. It's a Tinkerbell effect. Alt chans are not appealing because they're not popular. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. That's why I encourage people to at least check in once a day. Not to force posts, but just to keep things in people's consciousness.

The people who aggressively try to force board culture irritate me too, so I don't encourage it. But, sometimes, they really do help. They provide insight on thematic elements and sometimes adjust the logos and other assets I provide. Someone whipped up a modification of the Rising Sun naval ensign and I ran with that because the concept of "the rising chan" was fitting and remarkable: distinct.

My long term plans don't involve annexing Holla Forums and quite frankly I don't want many of the elements that exist in Holla Forums. The rampant paranoia, the pedophilia, the angst and woe. It can all stay here.

I don't want to give my hand away, but I have very concise ideas for sourcing new people and new communities and it's what I had planned for Holla Forums. I was really going to pour my heart into this site and make it a name that everyone would know. It was muh vishun. Now, muh vishun is for something I own instead of something a soulless idiot 'businessman' owns. You're welcome to be a part of that.

t. jewsh impersonator

You also seem to be be reaching really far.
Josh self-deprecates all the fucking time, every time I see him post in fact. "Requires memes" what the fuck does that even mean? Does he require a fucking meme sacrifice on his god damn website lest he stop developing it?
Jesus christ, faggot, just stop posting.
All you had to say is "I don't like Josh, he rubs me the wrong way" instead of reaching like a total faggot.

One concern I do have about your code is that javascript you've included is CC-BY-NC
It's alright for now but you should consider replacing MixItUp with a generic 'buildThreads' function in catalog JS, which can be further integrated into filtering/hiding/pinning/coloring threads in the future.
Just a thought, when you get the time.

I did think about that. The plugin is solid but it's also quite slow. It would be a good idea to replace it.

But I'm the Josh impersonator :^)

Also I agree, I'm glad most people on Holla Forums will stay here. I would like to see Infinity Next become a nice community the size of Holla Forums at least, but I don't want this userbase. It has really gone to shit through all the staff abuse. I used to think I wanted to see a migration happen, now I'd just be happy to see 16chan continue to evolve naturally. The community there reminds me of Holla Forums in the beginning.

∆œQßЖç¶ ⊥ñЖ⊥ Ȝǯ∆'⊥ 〰∆⊥ǯ 16ἄñЖ∆ ἄЖ∆'⊥ ДœЖȜ ⊥ñ〰¶

It's all dem fancy hipster animations.
Better to just make a generic 'buildThreads' function that can sort by reply count/last replied/ whatever, in addition to filtering/pinning/hiding/searching in the future.

Or, more accurately, 'rebuildThreads', since it's already built in the html. You could integrate a json endpoint for an easy 'refresh' button too. Progressive enhancement, wew.

The burned man.

∆〰ççœДœ¶œ™ œMあœД⊥ ñœДœ, 〰 ἄЖ∆ ДœЖȜ ⊥ñ〰¶

bump

You shouldn't even bother, czaks. Its clear that its not a priority. You probably don't want the dud's code anyway, he had two months to work on the new oauth interface for the banner system and it still was shitting exceptions.

bump, now with hotwheels' reply on github

ebin

cuckwheels is 100% corporate slave now. Infinity is a depecrated closed source proprietary botnet. exodus to 16chan when?

weeks ago.

anyone who didn't move already is too dumb to live

This is true. I've been using it for a while. Mostly just want to see this board of freetards justify using a botnet because

:^)

I'd go there but the only live board is Holla Forums and they talk about the most retarded shit I ever heard. I could probably deal with that if Josh didn't block Tor images but since he and his followers are a bunch of faggots I can't so I don't contribute.

You know all this 16chan shilling sounds an awful lot like endchan shilling.

Except endchan was always shit, and the people that shilled it know this and shill it anyway

Endchan was free (as in freedom and as in beer) and open source. It had a similar interface to Holla Forums an touted itself as the next imageboard after Holla Forums.

How is 16chan any different? Because Josh made it? Because it is the logical progression in names? (4->8->16)

Dogshit moderation tools
Dogshit UI
Dogshit build queue/posting times
Dogshit written by a BR in a meme language, no matter how much you hate PHP

To fix lynxchan you have to completely rewrite it. I admire Odili's attempts to build on top of the shitheap, but the fact is that it's fundamentally flawed.

You also can't post Tor images here, for now. And yet you're still here, "contributing."

I was here longer, and other boards beside Holla Forums are live.

Say what you will but anyone who browses Holla Forums unironically is scum tbqh fam.

Holla Forums is a catch-all on small imageboards. It's shit, but it is what it is.

I just use the front page on Next and reply to shit that looks interesting, until a better way to view live replies/images is written and exposed to clients. Sometimes I post on the Holla Forums there but I'm constantly lurking.
Remember the en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%_rule_(Internet_culture)

I suggested server-sent events via github.com/licson0729/libSSE-php for the way to expose new replies/images via API.

I've used the front page too to look for interesting topics but since Holla Forums is the most active Holla Forums-tier threads are what usually end up there.

I just can't get into an imageboard where the only threads I see are the equivalent of some retard coming up to my door and screaming retarded things at me.

Besides, lurking is no fun. Participating is fun, and I participate when I can. But a majority of the time I am forced to lurk because there is nothing worth a text-only reply and it's boring.

Well, here's everything minus Holla Forums in catalog form:
16chan.nl/*/-b/catalog
Everything sfw
16chan.nl/*/sfw/catalog
Until a better way to view new, live replies/images is implemented.

Bruv, the problem is the fact Holla Forums is the only real active board. So the majority of threads are from Holla Forums, meaning the majority of content is from Holla Forums. The problem wouldn't be solved by just ignoring Holla Forums.

And of course, the overboard itself exists, but is extremely unpolished:
16chan.nl/*/-b/

When you're able to view live replies to everything you're interested in, in one place, you can increase activity of the website. Once a dozen or so people start doing this, when it's properly implemented (with thread-context replying on the overboard and such), it will feel very active. That's what I'm saying.

Better than the single board bullshit of Holla Forums.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Until then I stay here because it's more active and I've been here longer.

And if we're being completely honest I've been thinking about moving to NNTPchan anyway.

There's no "perhaps" about it. It's a fact. Once multiboard functionality is nailed and a spike of consistent users you'll see some serious shit.
Next is planning to integrate into NNTPchan, Josh was the first admin that suggested he was going to do so the day Jim started doing the shady shit a month ago.
In fact, the thread is still up.
16chan.nl/next/thread/157

lol

More so than the administration of this shithole, I assure you.

Yeah, the administration staff here is afraid of AGPL for a reason. That reason is they like shady closed source proprietary components that they think will violate the license and get them sued.

I can see why someone like you with a fetish for rolling around in pigshit would find that idea alien and scary.

infinity isn't deprecated, it's just hotwheels' repo that got deprecated. there are still people developing on top of it and at least 4 instances of my alternative repo.

UPDATE: 13 days ago the repo has been updated. The update includes an embed pop-out code. It doesn't include anything else.

DEPRECATED
E
P
R
E
C
A
T
E
D

If the dud didn't fuck up Infinity Next for us no one would give 2 shits about Infinity. It is effectively deprecated because there is a much better solution in existence. If Josh ever gets nntpchan integrated into Next there is no reason at all to even consider using this shithole or any other shithole that uses Infinity.

bump

So how's that VFEC coming? :^)

i implemented a so called advanced build which is actually superior to the VFEC idea

Anything better than taking mod.php and trying to dynamically template with it.
How do you feel about hotwheels being a corporate cock slave, now?
I think it's funny to watch Jim's son reinvent memory stores and Jim believe that the software like the driver they refuse to release are actually worth anything.

great it really helped with the captcha being offline for 24 hours

We are using a closed source proprietary botnet here which is what this thread is about.

bump

Never use software designed by a mental patient
Never use a website run by a mental patient

.The biggest problem that might make me and users like me quit Holla Forums is something that could potentially happen ie the revival of the Ronin pass, where users have to buy a Ronin pass to post from VPNs or proxies. Until then I am staying put on Holla Forums.

The fact that despite all the shilling of various alternatives, the vast majority of the users have stayed at Holla Forums (except the pedos who were asked to leave), shows that all this shilling has failed and will continue to fail.

Actually it shows how retarded, and sycophantic the user base here is. The vast majority of people on this site would still suck hotwheels dick for betraying them. The vast majority of people would stay here no matter what happens.

Nobody is sucking any dick. When you use big words like 'betrayal' you come off as someone not very grounded in reality. Get a grip. Its after all an imageboard.

The main reason that I quit using 4chan was that the place became very difficult to use with almost all the VPNs and proxies banned from the place. (I will not touch and imageboard and for that matter most sites without them).

The second reason 4chan became less attractive was that the userbase became cancerous with time. Holla Forums may have less users but I manage to have a chuckle from the occasional thread every now and then whereas with 4chan its the same boring stuff thread after thread

Gamergate just shone the light on Holla Forums. I didn't buy into the free speech meme and hence never felt 'betrayed' by it. It was just a matter of being pragmatic

What makes for a good website is the userbase and the ease with which you can access it. Right now Holla Forums has no problems with both fronts. It COULD in the future but I'll cross that bridge then

Bullshit. Go to any board and ask their opinion of hotwheels and the majority will say some sappy shit like "he will always be based just for the fact he created Holla Forums". It doesn't matter who owns it now, or how bad they are fucking the user base. It doesn't matter that hotwheels stated explicitly that he hates the user base here, and that he wanted Jim to shut the site down to fuck us over when he got tired of getting insulted for being a lazy fuck that left us to rot while the site fell apart. Just like the majority will never leave 4chan no matter what moot did, or no matter what gookmoot does.

Coward.

Holla Forums and Holla Forums are down to a third of what they were, Holla Forums has dwindled to one sixth, and Holla Forums has cut it's userbase in half.

These are very deep cuts to the relatively high traffic boards. /furry/ has grown, the front fell off /n/ and /news+/ did not capture its userbase.

By what metric do you claim "the vast majority of people"? Is it the Trumpkin everyone?