Which is the most pretentious overrated pile of shit you've watched?

Which is the most pretentious overrated pile of shit you've watched?

Was dragged into this by someone. Halfway through I wanted to murder everyone involved in production and kill the entire audience with poison gas. Just to relieve the boredom.

The Holy Mountain

Everything about this piece of shit made me fucking angry, particularly the pretentious, self-important dialogue.

Interstellar

OBONGO'S PRESIDENCY

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM

"Which is the most pretentious overrated pile of shit you've watched?"

Donald Drumpf and the pig-fucking Drumpftards.

(That was too obvious, too easy, and way too correct.)

damn son
how will he ever recover?

persona

>>>/suicide/

Walked out of the theater

What's so pretentious about it?

hi sudocuck

What did you expected?

Only god forgives

The Director's success with Drive really went to his head.

Holy Mountain doesn't ever pretend to be something it's not.

Either this, or Birdman.

FUCK YOU

BABBIES TASTE THE BEST

This wasn't bad. It was a comfy little movie with a crazy Natalie Portman

It wasn't really pretentious, just fucking braindead.

there wasn't anything pretentious about this film, it was bretty gud
would have been complete shit if ed harris didn't save it tho

it pretends to be good.

nice try CUMSTINKER but I see through your lies my eyes see through all of it you fool I laugh at all your brainwashed little ghouls - TruthGhouls rather, I can see them a mile away.

>Boyhood >inb4 fucking RLM memes
I didn't completely loathe any of these movies when I watched them but I still wouldn't consider any of them to be good.

What's not to like? Definitely one of my favorite action movies mostly due to how fucking uncreative the genre is (and unwilling to have "pretentious" elements like keeping a consistent fucking theme or using symbolism).

Watching this movie is like Joss Whedon taking a ham with the word postmodernism painted on it and than having him shove it up your ass.

Is it worse than Scream?

Is Trainspotting really that pretentious? Same with Eternal Sunshine.

This piece of shit.

The battle scenes are wonderfully directed but literally every character acts like an armchair philosopher and the dialogue is cringe worthy in how overly dramatic and sappy it all is. Not to mention the huge fucking cast that all act like the same pseudo-philosophical bullshitter.

They both have quite a bit of 2deep4u profound quotes that don't really mean anything and merely sound deep, so yes I would say so. They aren't terrible for what they set out to be, the confusing narrative of Eternal Sunshine worked well and Trainspotting did a great job of portraying addiction. They also both have terrible pacing and are pretty repetitive for a good chunk of the movies.

I can see that. I felt once they got over the addiction stuff in Trainspotting the rest of the film meandered and became pointless.