What's the most Holla Forums thing one can do with shitty old android phones? I found pic related in a drawer...

What's the most Holla Forums thing one can do with shitty old android phones? I found pic related in a drawer, it's painfully slow but I'm hesitant to let that sweet 528 mhz ARM11 go to waste

Other urls found in this thread:

f-droid.org/
f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=sk.vx.connectbot
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Use it as a burner phone for Holla Forums related activities.

Throw it in the bin. It's useless garbage

Get a bunch of them and make cluster computing great again.

Try to remove all hardware botnet from it and install linux with pentest tools on it for maximum stealth while haxxoring in public maybe try to use it as a micro controller for a robot or just salvage the battery, camera, speaker and the microphone for future projects.

You're wasting your time. A markov chain generator would give more useful answers.

Free as much space as you can and try to install a decent userland on it. If it isn't rooted, that's an extra challenge. Then start sshing into it and use it as a webserver.

install gentoo on it

ODB code scanner for working on cars? If you're doing it at home, it should be able to use WiFi to fetch the information for the code results, unless that data is in the application software itself.

PDA/emulation kit?

Call them botnet and post shitty stallman memes.

Use it as a media controller.

TempleOS mobile, coming 2017

Crack it open and take the camera, microphone and speakers. Do the same for battery and screen, though you don't need this, justMelt the rest and extract dat precious gold. Find a way to power it and save it all into something, micro SD should be good. Put the Camera and Microphone in some lewd place, changing rooms, bathroom, locker room, gay leather club, your sister's/cousins/brothers (you faggot) room, etc. and record it all. Upload results.

Glorious

I wish there's user friendly guide to do all these things.

As for now, the xda threads are pretty much resourceful but the guide are clusterfuck with a lot of threads going i all over the place. Its like reading debian documentation.

If only there's a wiki version of xda guide.

I wish there's a user friendly guide to do all these things.

As for now, the xda threads are pretty much resourceful but the guides are clusterfuck with a lot of threads going all over the place. Its like reading debian documentation.

If only there's a wiki version of xda guides.

insert it in your body and call it.

Good battery life. Use it as MP3 Player/Gameboy Advance.

I still use my Nexus One from 2010.

Will probably be my last smart phone. Google said I would get all the updates in the future, got like one update then they trashed it.

I can't even browse websites anymore, at the time when I bought it, I had no problem. Could even view flash objects. No nothing works.

Smart phones = scam.

Set ringtone volume and vibration to max. Put the phone inside a condom, cover it with lube and stick it up your ass. Post your phone number so we can call you. Sell it on ebay once the battery dies out.

can't think of anything op

xda is a shitshow though

Smart phones aren't a scam, you're just an idiot. My iPod Touch from 2008 can still browse the web just fine, so I assume the equivalent iPhone can as well.

enjoy being pwned by ancient browser exploits

install an SSH client on it

use it for accessing your server when you are streaming video to your TV

and just to be clear the google play store has an SSH client for free

Grab 4 or more of them
Forward calls from 1st phone to 2nd
Forward calls from 2nd phone to 3rd
Forward calls from 3rd phone to 1st
With 4th phone call one of the 3 phones
then jackpot

f-droid.org/
f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=sk.vx.connectbot

Install Debian userland, run an irc proxy or some shit

Something like this, you can use it as a plugbox.

can someone post some good resources of information related to the things posted in this thread?

What do you guys think of cyanogen?

It's decent. Not as freedom-friendly as certain other ROMs, but it has a lot of useful enhancements and is easy to fit to my standards.

Just don't install anything Google.

bless you

What sort of freedoms is it lacking?

It comes with some unnecessary proprietary components. Not just drivers that are needed to support the hardware.

I found a list once of proprietary apps that are safe to remove, but I can't find it again.

It's about worthless. You can get a brand new, pretty high end Android phone for a hundred dolarydoos.

I have a Verizon HTC Desire 626. (not the 626s)
I'm finding I can't do much to unlock/root it? this is my first phone in many years, is there anything I can do?

I know user

but I always share the low hanging fruit

wifi enabled security camera. Wonder what the fps limit will be. Pic related my captcha i needed to solve to post this.