Hello Holla Forums

Hello Holla Forums

There's significant concern over at Holla Forums regarding a collection of new merchant drawings. Some believe these images have hidden viruses and nasty malware embedded within them.

Is there anyway to rule out this being the case? It would be a real shame to let these merchants to go waste.

8ch.net/pol/res/6247231.html

Thanks for your time.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/pol/res/6250054.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only way to put a virus in a picture is through embedding an executable or javascript into it. But the only way for the virus to work if you renamed it to .exe or .js and ran it.

Now Holla Forums is paranoid of image files?
What's next? mp3 files all have subliminal messaging from the government embedded in them?

It's just D&C faggotry. Usually Holla Forums is better at stopping that but it's summer.

It's probably true, libpng had a parser bug lately. In wouldn't use any merchant images really, for safety.

Yes, I checked the MD5 hash sine wave on it and there's obviously some data after the end of the image data encoded in 3rd layer i386 Assembly. Could be proprietary malware.

It is entirely possible to hide illegal content inside of images you dummy.

We're just being cautious about tech security, and you're spouting your "Holla Forums is so stoopid muh tin foil hats" memes.

8ch.net/pol/res/6250054.html
Also.

user's right, there's a CPUID instruction in the extra data.

So what exactly does this mean? If true, this almost certainly means someone is up to no good, right?

Haha, you're just having some fun at Holla Forums's expense, right?

These images could case a hard drive failure if you save them due to embedded machine code that affects the firmware causing the rotational velocidensity of your hard drive to accelerate, causing data entropy in non-redundant byte sectors.

I think it'll trigger a HACF upon execution by an unknown exploit but I'm no black hat

Theoretically, someone would be able to trace the image back to anyone who has it saved in ANY capacity; thumbnails, screenshots, caches, etc.

Steganography is a meme and Holla Forums is full of idiots.

Yea, okay Einstein. No need to be a dick. Not all of us are engineers for fuck's sake.

btw AMD processors aren't vulnerable to that, only (((INTEL)))

All trolls. The pictures are safe, now go take your meds and eat your peas.

Maybe that explains who's been shilling and trying to kill Holla Forums?

These fags are just throwing around big tech sounding words to troll us.

How the fuck could a screenshot retain any hidden data? That doesn't sound possible.

i saved a few and amazon sent me a email thanking for my recent purchase of recent purchase of jarred gefilte fish.

To anyone who doesn't recognise the words "MD5" and "sine wave".

Thanks, user. Black-eyed peas, my brother. And cornbread too. Shhhhheeeeeeeeiiiitt!

I agree with these anons. But, you'll be completely fine if you change the filename, put in a separate folder (preferably hidden), and then run as administrator and delete system32. then reboot.

Hidden pixel patterns, idiot. instead of being pure white (255 255 255) they draw a watermark with (255 250 255) white, and the human eye can't see it.

Due to embedded bits in the bytes of the image, on some out-dated machines it may exploit a stack vulnerability which executes shellcode from JIDF servers causing your fans to stop working and your PC to overheat.

That's for printing assburger, before anyone try make money with inkjet.

I was mainly referring to this guy you faggot.

>rotational velocidensity not even a word

Hmm yeah that is possible.

No they're not

It's a checksum algorithm, used for identifying files

Sine waves are used to store data, due to the Fourier transform

The lowest level programming language, which has instructions that are directly executed by your CPU. Commonly used to write malware because it's a low-level language

I.e. it's not some script kiddie using some generic malware, this is custom made by people who know what they're doing

Ignore the idiots telling you it's safe, they're just trying to get your computer infected. Don't open them unless you're on Linux

okay, so what do I do now that I've dl them?
yeah, I know, I was drunk and thought they'd make great photoshop material. But, what do I do now? Should I just spread them everywhere so all the normalfags get the virus, too?

Ideally?
Get a new hard drive and IP.
You're fucked.

but I VPN and don't do anything illegal

This thing might install firmware rootkits, so you can't be sure you're safe unless you buy a new computer altogether.

Further tests need to be run.
I'll assemble a caseless out of old components and run diagnostics.

Sounds like absolute bullshit.

Posting this thread was a mistake.

I can't believe there are people on Holla Forums sperging so hard over some .jpg files. The file sizes aren't out of the ordinary at all. Maybe if they were a few megabytes instead of being 82-87 KB you would have a reason to be sperging out like this. Someone did something nice, and instead of thanking him everyone decided to shit on his work and call him JIDF. Summer is here.

This is my first time on Holla Forums
Some of you goys are breddi funni

Have a meme for your troubles

Fuck off and kill yourself.

All right guys I looked at the source code and it should be safe, unless you're running Linux Mint. There's a simple fix for that though.

sudo rm -rf / --no-preserve-root