Navy/Military

Whats up anons, do any of you have any experience with the US military, specifically the Navy? I'm turning 21 soon and i'm at the lowest point i've ever been. I get turned down for job after job, even fast food joints haven't called me.
In the past year i've stacked up more job applications than money.

I'm at my last option which is the military, i have no interests in it but at this point i don't know what else to do. Anyway for those who have some experience with it, whats the process? How exactly do you get picked for certain duties?

You need to take the asvab, that'll get you a list of what jobs you can get placed into. Make sure your in shape, or your going to be one of those sad kids who flunks out of the military.

You choose your job field, so do some research into what's offered for you. And if you don't get good job offers from one branch of the military, try another.

I was in the army for four and a half years, wasn't the worst expirence.

I'll answer any questions you have user but you need to be way more fucking specific and acutally ask them.

Fucking hell fam the job market must suck if you are reduced this low

yeah i was actually reading about that earlier, its a contract for 4 or 5 years i dont remember. What exactly will i be doing in those 4 years?
Is it just one long continuous job?

I know its a tricky question since i imagine its different for each branch and each job as well

yeah nigga its real out here

I enjoyed it, it wasn't about not being able to find a job for me. I just enjoyed my time in the military, shooting big guns, riding around in helicopters, getting to travel, like honestly, army life was preety sweet. Just didn't want to do it for 20 years.

i just feel like 4 years is a long fucking time, i turn 21 next month so ill be 25 ish by the time i;m done

then again i don't exactly have a fucking career

Four years isn't that long, but if you wait for a war to get hot, they hand out 2 year contracts during those times. But in this current era, until something gets hot, your doing 4.

You will get put in infantry, thats where dummies who have no skills go.

There are tons of jobs you can get in the military, and the infantry isn't the only one for people who have average skills. Also
Lol u wut?

and in those 4 years i'll be away doing god knows what? I definitely don't have anything better planned, i just want to make sure i;m wise with my time

I've actually been considering the military also, been there done that with college and now I want to serve my country. I'm stuck between Coast Guard because of their overall mission, life saving, stopping drug dealers, and migrant interdiction and what not, and the Army Infantry. I'm honestly leaning more toward Coast Guard because I want to help people more than kill, but feel like I would miss out on the infantry life…wat do?

Well, ranking up is a lot fucking faster in the infantry. The coast guard, its a long slow climb to get up in the ranks.
But hold up here? What level of college have you completed?

If you answered a bachelors degree or higher, you can enter into a branch as an officer. This will take longer, much longer, but it'd be worth it for the massive extra amount in pay.

kek that actually gave mea good laugh

well you definitely have more options than i do considering you have a degree

I have an associates in general science

Well you can enter in as an e4 into the army then. Most likely as an e4 into the coast guard too.

I know for sure about the army, and I know a good bit about other branches, just the coast guard is the one I know the least about. I worked alongside the navy, the airforce, and marines when I was in the army, I know my shit about those and the army of course. But the coastguard I don't know everything about, its got what is considered a tough basic training, slow climbing up in the ranks, and I hope you like the fucking ocean, cause your going to be there a lot.

I suggest the FFL. It's shit just like any branch of the US military, but with better pay, and more adventure. And if you choose to make it a career, you can qualify for a pension ar 17 years, vs 20 for the US.

FFL=French Foreign Legion. My mistake sorry.

i am USAF. So sadly there are some recruiting processes that would be different. It all worked with demand though, if one job needed slots filled than those ones would ship you off to basic ASAP. In my opinion, dont be too picky about your job, have at least 10 that you find interesting (spread among several different fields) and try to land one of those. Navy and USAF both have a pretty good standard of living (Compared to other branches) i just personally didnt want to risk being stuck on a ship. Have fun, be nice to your recruiter , but dont get absolutely boned by him.

I don't care what branch.
Don't join my brotherhood if your hearts not in it.

I'm saying this for your own good. It'll just be absolute hell every step of the way.

Know what you want to do, know if you're ready for a commitment.

Haha haha haha haha

You must have been a recruiter to lie like that

Hey, it's the 37F guy again, how's PSYOPS been treating you?

My dad's PSY-OPS, and tbh you're a bullshitter.

Waiting on orders to deploy. Did a bunch of medical shit and rewrote my will.
Other than that, just day to day shit partner'.

Don't care if you believe me.
If he is then he is a good man.

Muh brotherhood. Just a bunch of faggots that couldn't find a job and went to default.

Joining the real life JIDF, how does this sound like a good idea?

"I dont know shit and can't figure my life out. Guess I'll sign it away to some assholes" T. You

Trying this hard.

ITT: statist bull­s

Navy Corpsman here.

Joining was the best decision I ever made. Ask me anything.

how much do they pay you to shill on imageboards?

Try going for the marines if you're not a fat weeb with no muscles. Marines get all the girls so you can finally lose your virginity.

Or join the peace corps and ask to get sent somewhere without internet so we don't have to deal with you anymore.