Twitter’s anti-Semitism problem is exactly why Twitter has a growth problem

Years ago, Facebook made a policy decision that steered the company towards identity verification in order to cut down on duplicate, spam, and troll accounts. As the internet has become a larger and hairier place, this policy has not eliminated, but at least greatly reduced, the incidence of spam that most users see.

Meanwhile Twitter, perhaps desperate for growth, has left its signup process wide open to abuse. There essentially is no gatekeeper, which is why it is laden with trolls. Racism, sexism, misogyny, hate and anger of all stripes finds a home on its timeline. Many famous users, like Louis CK and Lena Dunham, have deleted their Twitter profiles, or at least the app, to limit their exposure to abuse.

qz.com/698965/twitters-anti-semitism-problem-is-exactly-why-twitter-has-a-growth-problem/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitteraudit.com/
archive.is/nSxoW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Twitter is a lot less popular than it makes itself seem, apparently this is why they let trolls and burner accounts run free.

A.K.A. numbers pulled out of my ass

twitteraudit.com/

Most of the big accounts, half their followers are bots.

archive.is/nSxoW

They let bots operated by advertising agencies run wild on there, doesn't matter if it's promoting a jihad for ISIS or Rape Camp in Cambodia. Say anything even slightly racist towards blacks or sexist to women/trannies and your troll account is shadowbanned within 24 hours.

This is practically a puff piece for twitter and facebook as it glosses over the elephant in the room;

These established social media networks can't make the transition to what the next illiterate generation wants. This is what the internet was envisioned to be back in the mid 90's, text for communication ought to have been obsolete by now.

Oy vey goys
You have to be safe.
I mean, all those ISIS twitter accs? not a problem, a lot of people talking their minds is.
Our Orwellian named council will help you with your ungood speak.
We also have feminist frequency on board of our Trust and Safety council!!!!
See? Even women can help people and be managers and whatnot.

That's like saying audio books should have replaced the written word.

Twitter is shit, most of the "users" are bots.

You can't speed-read a Youtube vlog.

(((Trust and Safety Council)))

Trust and Safety Council
Trust and Safety Council
Trust and Safety Council
Trust and Safety Council
Trust and Safety Council
are we tumblr enough yet?

where the fuck does this (((catalog))) meme come from

(((Intel)))
(((Nvidia)))
(((Microsoft)))

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
IT. KEEPS. HAPPENING.

I wonder if he's ever read the interracial breeding grounds pasta?

I never read it but it sounds like something he'd fap to.

I seriously doubt Louis CK was triggered by SJWs. He did say in an interview that he only made a twitter in the first place at someone elses request so he could plug his comedy shows. He also never followed anyone or participated in the social network.

also

(((pol)))
it's to make it easier to ignore nazi shitposters

Louis CK is a SJW

True, but this cuts both ways. You can basically make up traffic and user numbers.

who said nazis were filthy? you don't invoke disgust, just a sadness that humans can be so scared and angry

It came from The Right Stuff. It's the written version of the echo effect that The Daily Shoah uses to call attention to Jewish names

At some point, twitter users realize they're talking to themselves as the format makes back and forth conversation difficult to impossible and either lose interest or become enamored with it like Narcissus.

Twitter is just a passing fad, its novelty just wore off, a platform for quick status updates and fast moving information flow is just something that wasn't interesting enough for Twitter to have continued a steady growth. Twitter is now a product of the 2010s, in 2026 I can see people saying "Remember Twitter? Gosh that was so 2010s!" People will still blame its death on those ebin evur nawzees though