What is the most stable Linux distro? I'm sick of shit that breaks...

What is the most stable Linux distro? I'm sick of shit that breaks. I just had Mint completely lock up when Firefox asked if I wanted to save a password.

Pic related, Debian MATE, the most stable of which I am aware.

"Stable" is subjective if you're compotent. I run Gentoo and I have no "shit that breaks".

With that being said, I'd say Slackware.

ctrl-alt-backspace

Arch

temple OS tbh

contrary to popular belief, arch

Probably CentOS
10 year support cycle, so if you get set up and working, it'll stay working as long as you dont do anything else. But stuff is OLD.

Debian is probably the best for desktop use though. Fedora just werks for me though, never had an issue besides stuff from unofficial repos.

No distro prevent's stupid though, so if you fuck around and change shit you don't understand, no distro is gonna help besides one that supports BTRFS so you can do rollbacks, i guess.

arch

Slackware and Debian.

Or wait, were we trolling OP?

Salix with XFCE.

At least in terms of servers, I've tried Debian Stable, CentOS, Ubuntu, and finally found that Alpine Stable is so much more reliable. No problems. I know that won't help OP too much because Alpine isn't great for a desktop unless you have basic needs, but I've been impressed

THIS

CentOS is the most stable distro. it's diamond-solid

Probably Slackware or CentOS. CentOS has a really long support cycle, and Slackware is so simple that if something breaks, it's your fault.

anything else would be heresy.

Isn't CentOS RedHat + systemd?

CentOS is just RHEL without Red Hat branding IIRC

Debian is pretty damn stable. Jessie (latest stable release) wasn't released too long ago either, so it's not too out-of-date.

Redhat Debian

Debian, Android (post ART only, not Dalvik shit), and RHEL derivatives

PC-BSD
Debian/Hurd