RISC-V microprocessor

indiegogo.com/projects/risc-v-microprocessor/

Apparently this Swiss guy is working on an ATmega32 compatible, RISC-V MCU. I'm going to donate when I next get paid, this could be good.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/cliffordwolf/yosys/blob/master/CodeOfConduct
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't start crying when this shit crashes and burns.

Eh, I wouldn't get anything out of it except a "thank you" anyway. It's a donation towards a research project that will hopefully provide a successful outcome. Look at it - No shitty advertising videos, straight to the point, technical details on the page, short & sweet. Looks alright.

I will give him some of my shekels

I dont understand how this can be possible for only $20,000

I've never seen such a shitty site. Doesn't even display anything without JS.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of information on the campaign page at all. I'll look into it more and donate if it looks legitimate, but I'm not quite convinced yet.

You can send him a question on the page, but I'm not sure what you'd ask. It says everything required, really.

what is his relationship with Yosys?

He needs to sell me some more trustworthiness before I can donate

Ask him for it

Looks like you have to take the RISC.

RISC-V processors already exist. Why can't we get a project dedicated to making a computer that uses RISC-V already?

It has a COC
github.com/cliffordwolf/yosys/blob/master/CodeOfConduct

there's lowRISC, and it's got some serious people like Bunnie Huang and that guy Clifford who is responsible for Yosys

Yosys is a different project. Remember not all COCs have SJW wording, but this one unfortunately seems bad to me.
Yosys is the only fully free FPGA toolchain (it only supported 1 platform last I checked). It's a shame they bought into the authoritarian self-policing and political correctness crap

He seems to be making this for the benefit of the chinks.

Well that's fine and dandy as long as RISC-V benefits.

/thread
I'll just impatiently wait for lowRISC to be released.

Where can I buy a RISC-V processor?

does RISC-V have a CMOV, or SSE instructions? no? trash

A) no they don't
B) you can make a computer with this co-op chip... What do you think a computer fucking contains

No conditional moves, but pretty sure it has SIMD ops

I tend not to trust swedes anymore.

Pffffft.
CMOV is something they specifically avoided when designing the ISA.

SIMD-style instructions are not implemented on the die because they are intended to be done on he vector coprocessor, Hwacha.

He's Swiss.