I suck at chess. How do I get better at chess?

I suck at chess. How do I get better at chess?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vqbq_bPCzN8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turk
lichess.org/uVpfEOGU
lichess.org/qEMSnO5q
en.lichess.org/123dsR3B
chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1044100
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BATTLECHESS

Amiga

Early queen

play some blitz, look up common openings and learn them. Most importantly, learn what the benefits of these openings are strategically, watch some highly skilled chess players' matches.
here's a pretty good one:
youtube.com/watch?v=Vqbq_bPCzN8

I already play Warhammer 40k: Regicide. I only bother with classic mode since RNG is always a headache.

Just play more chess

personally, im more of an rts player tbh, I feel it envelops a wider domain of what you can do to succeed and has much more flexibility on counters. Also it requires skill in order to both maintain a military force and an economy. I suggest Age of empires II HD.

Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II; War of the Ring

Chess is largely just rope-learning, a good rule of thumb for how worthy a game is of being determined one of intelligence is how easy it is to program an AI for it.

Like, it was ages ago the last time the top chess AI was beaten by a human, but there's still lots of games out there that would be incredibly difficult to program an AI for, sometimes even in action games.

The AI for Ring Runner is a fucking miracle by any game development standards let alone babby's first game, and yet still if there was a way to run the AI on max difficulty without modifying stats too, that AI would probably only be able to beat players with around 10 hours playtime.
Unless it's that fucking Bernie supporter who uses the game review system to shill other ARPGs, he sucks so fucking much at the game that he didn't git gud after over 30 hours and blames the game for "railing him into specific ship designs".
Like really, if the game railed people into specific ship designs, then it wouldn't be the case that whoever came up with the most retarded and absurd idea for a loadout for a ship usually wins.
I thought I had found some ultimate ship designs until someone murderfucked me with a fucking tugboat which I swear was drawing pentagrams of fire with the way that thing was flying, and that is how I learned that an AI would never ever be able to master the game because an AI can't do stupid shit like "hurr durr what if I made a ship that made ships that spammed mini black holes inside gravitational fields" which it turned out was really fucking effective for raping anyone in the range of 1, sometimes 2 kilometres.

Honestly if you want to find a game of intelligence it's probably a game that's so fucking incomperehensibly stupid that it can't be reduced to any clear form, which means it actually takes a lot of intelligence to truly grasp.

chess a shit

it's literally all about memorizing what to do in each situation

Play chess, and then play some more, and then play some more until you start dreaming you're playing chess. Then play some more.

Not anymore. Go proved a computer can master deep strategy. The only difference for action games is there's way less focus. Computers can't generalize and learn to play arbitrary complex games, but that's the only remaining difference for game play.

The Turk?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turk

lichess.org/uVpfEOGU

play me right now nigga I suck too

but why

lichess.org/qEMSnO5q

anyone wanna play?

Don't worry I suck and haven't played in 3 years

still open guys

that's what your mom said

very funniy my fellow 9gagger!

en.lichess.org/123dsR3B

Anyone?

Sorry about last time, something distracted me

Get a tutorial game like this.

practice

Elementary, my dear Watson.

chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1044100

Understand that you are to attack and hold the center of the board. The 4 center squares are prime real estate. Then, make moves that help cover and hold territory on the opposite side. You can call this a space count. As long as your space count is higher than your opponent's, then you're doing well (all other taken pieces as equal)

Keep and hold the center of the board - from there you cramp your opponent and control him so the moves he's left with can often be bad.

Think and think again, no matter how tempting a piece initially looks to take, figure out how it will leave the pieces setting after you take the piece.