Why does a ethernet cord have more speed then wifi?

Why does a ethernet cord have more speed then wifi?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/UIQV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

U serious nigga

Because Windows 10 shares your wifi with everyone in your neighborhood

Because to transmit something trough wifi it has to be encoded/decoded as a radio signal first.

Because radiowaves are slower than electricity

That's actually false.

The electrons move slower due to air resistance.

What's the punchline

Wireless signal intensity is inversely proportional to the square of the distance between the reciever and the transmitter, meaning that as you get further away then the signal drops off quickly. Additionally, walls and shit gets in the way of the signal.

Additionally, wireless signals can interfere with one another. If your neighbours all use wifi, the interference with your wifi network increases, which means that packets must be re-sent (I'd assume so anyway).

An ethernet cable doesn't suffer from these issues as much

Better bandwidth, superior hardware.

(presumably) was only pretending to be stupid, and didn't genuinely believe that the speed of light can be exceeded

or maybe he really is retarded, idk

what?

both of these are true

Holy shit, I thought he was joking. How is that legal?

Windows 10 wants to share access to your wifi with your facebook friends and email contacts too. archive.is/UIQV0

Adding on to that, wireless adapters are often misconfigured. Boated hardware buffers, and the need to ack every frame are a couple more problems.

Also consider wi-fi is half-duplex; so we have retransmissions and no way to detect collisions given the nature of the medium, relying on a timeout to resend anything. The end product is unreliable, shitty links if not in ideal conditions.

info on pic: distance from AP is ~30 feet with 3 walls in-between, RSSI is approximately -47 dBm (~100% signal) on client, -55 dBm (~80% signal) from router, 1:2 frame:retransmission ratio, no other devices on wireless network, idle link, and like 7 other networks on same channel

TL;DR wi-fi is shit for anything latency sensitive

Forgot pic

Damn, I need to install Windows 10, that gives me so much plausible deniability.

What's with all the stupid answers like

In a word, it is packet loss. Relative to communications with a wired medium, wireless communications have massive amount of interference. Not just from other electronic devices, but natural electromagnetic interference as well (i.e. cosmic rays would be one such source). So, packets are often received corrupted, and need to be resent. This process is totally invisible to you, the user, except for the effect it has on your network connection's reliability.

technically this is true because windows 10 uploads patches via P2P now

user are you funnin me?

While an individual electron will not move nearly that fast, the electric field will propagate at about 2/3 the speed of light.

Ethernet cables and wifi work by vibrating rubber bands. a wired connection uses a very wide bands that can carry more data whereas wifi uses intangible rubber bands that are so small they can not compare in throughput capacity compared to a wired connection.

All massive spergs. Not everyone is a tech genius you fags. Fuck off and actually be helpful.

CSMA/CA

Helpful? On Holla Forums? Impossible, have to shitpost and circlejerk over useless meme technology and distros instead.

windows 10 actually does that though

[X] I agree to EULA or whenever

That doesn't make it legal. ... or at least here where we "eurocucks" have some consumer protection. Someone has to bring it to court first though... but I think there might possibly be a case here.