Was it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt2277860/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg#certification
imdb.com/title/tt0190641/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg#certification
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I liked it

what is it with this terrible meme?

"good" is subjective. Otherwise, I'm with

One of the bugs flashes 666 during a song inside the peach.

No, it isn't.
This film is bad, OP. Objectively bad and it makes no gosh darn sense.
But visually it's kinda nice. I remember liking it back then, but even as a child I found several things wrong with it.

They're probably from Holla Forums. They love terrible memes over there.

No

NO

The sunken ship part, scared the shit out of me when I was a kid.

People didn't like this movie?
What's wrong with it?

It's like watching an incomplete movie.

How so?
It came off as complete as any other kid movie with a simplistic plot to me.

Remove your nostalgia goggles and watch it again.

I watched it like two months ago.

You mean, for the first time ever?

Yes.
Someone here recommended it.

Do you even know what Stop Motion is?

I didn't care for it, my bias is because I much preferred movies like Beauty and the Beast and the Brave Little Toaster with the Great Mouse Detective being my favorite Disney branded film.

I do remember seeing some critics disliking this movie, complaining that it was a mean movie (I think this might of been a Channel Awesome review, come to think of it) but that's kinda the point of films like this. Nobody complains about the abusive behavior of Harry Potter's uncle. No one complains about the rather depressing tone of the Brave Little Toaster, in fact, they praise it.

My attitude to this movie is one of indifference, but I think the bulk of the modern dislike of this movie comes from fact that James and the Giant Peach was written by Ronald Dahl and he was known for his anti-Semitic, racist, and sexist attitudes. I forgot who it was but someone was complaining about how they portray females in the movie as being mean bitches.

This current meme that kids can't handle movies that are too "mean" is a little silly. I loved this movie as a kid.

Welp, all the same, most movies for kids of the past wouldn't even be made now due to that meme, unless it's just super campy and over the top on purpose like say, GMD.

It's a form of animation you mong.

Jesus, I try not to give the 'summer' meme any thought but you fags make that extremely difficult.

Are they fucking retarded?

It was either that or they didn't make the women over competent mary sues, so any flaws a female character would have is now sexist, I guess.

My memory is shit, though. I might have to dig up some of these comments/reviews.

sucks

Finding Dory got a PG for no reason other than the MPAA has gotten way more sensitive regarding family movies, and G is no longer marketable

Was there anything that actually warranted a PG rating?

Never mind, some of these aren't even bad. Some G rated movies get away with worse than;

imdb.com/title/tt2277860/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg#certification

Fuck me.

In comparison, here's Pokemon the First Movie, a film that was heavily censored but was still a fucking dark kiddie film AND got a G rating.

imdb.com/title/tt0190641/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg#certification

Because kids watch Pokemon to jack off to the worst girl in Pokemon. And because a boy talking about how cute a girl is so naughty.

Fuck, society is shit.

Eight legs, user.

Two vaginas.

Okay, given the original Oompa-Loompas are literally African pygmies willing to work for chocolate, racism is an accusation I can understand. (Dahl actually worked in Tunisia for the Shell company before he was an author) But sexist? Dude wrote Matilda. And also the extremely amusing version of Little Red Riding Hood from Revolting Rhymes. Men are never portrayed as any better than women and vice versa.

Meh, shows how shit my memory is. Or maybe I was reading a very, very stupid person's review.

the female humans were mean bitches

because that's how roald dahl wrote adult characters

Finding Dory got a G in Australia. How retarded and fragile do people think kids are?

But all three of the female bugs were extremely kind.

Not sure how bad it is in Australia, but the average American soccer mom views her glorified discharge as a perfect little angel that can easily be corrupted and destroyed by anything that even slightly contradicts their view of a perfect life, therefore the rest of the world must bend over backwards and shove its collective head up its own ass in order to make sure that the discharge doesn't somehow come into contact with the evil and bad thing called "real life".

Given how common that sort of thing is, I'd believe it.
Especially if you're remembering a Channel Autism review.

Wait…

mah nigga

>>>/monster/

So why is Willy Wonka/Charlie and The Chocolate Factory still liked to this day?

They freakin' eat you after you fuck them.

proof?

the only thing I don't like about it is that this basically screwed people named James with shit like

"Hey James, where's you're giant peach!!"