What advice would you give to a 20 year old with two years of college left and almost no future job prospects...

What advice would you give to a 20 year old with two years of college left and almost no future job prospects. I have poor social skills and suck at most things.

You could kill yourself. That's always an option.

why's that?

Have really shit grades and very few internships. I go to a top tier college in my country but it's a third world shithole.

Contemplated suicide but don't have the balls tbh.

college?
anyway..
learn a trade
earn munny
buy a house to let
repeat

what are you studying?

Yeah but the thing is it doesn't work like that here. In my country trades barely pay u enough to live like a pleb. Also, class is a major factor so your family will literally disown u for practicing a trade. In the third world social hierarchy is very rigid so u just don't go from a college education to practicing a trade.

I'm studying law. The college is ranked 5th or so nationwide. so basically the top graders from my class will get pay packages roughly equal to 20-25k dollars which is insane money here. I basically just need something which pays something half that or something so I don't have to take shit from my parents.

don't know about your country in particular, but in most places a law degree is basically a license to print money

I'd say stick with it, finish your studies and then see what happens from there

Yeah that's what I've been thinking I could set up an independent practice cause even though I suck at law I'm a pretty decent orator. Maybe it'll work out.

Time to move to Pedostain

Op , you are in a better situation than I am.
I am smart,finished college,acquired alot of skills,technical,social…etc
But I lack one thing.
Motivation.
I can't be arsed to do a goddamn thing.
it's been years trying to get over this, and I can't.

at least you can work hard to compensate for your lack of skills, me I have no motivation to do anything at all.
I might as well an hero

You went to college? So you are a debt slave now, congratulations.

Hey user, I also suffer from a lack of motivation and have thought of becoming an hero even tho I know I don't have the balls. The thing is that I've realized that my motivation is generally low because of my circumstances and surroundings. My parents and friends keep on with their negative reinforcement and that has a terrible effect. I know it can be tough man dealing with continuous failure and people's mockery but u just gotta block that man and keep trying to find better people.

Yes, I am trying to do that,left my family and limited their influence but still can't be bothered to find a job, I think it's my mind set maybe, I despise being a wage slave, and can't see a path that I want to walk in this life.
dunno man it's tough when the obstacle is in your head, I can deal with anything outside of my head.

I'm guessing you're living off some sort of social security now? I think if you can afford to you should really travel abroad. I would personally recommend a trip to the Himalayas it's really amazing man I think help you think straight and find meaning in life. The mountains are so humongous and beautiful you're bound to be left with a changed outlook. It's not very expensive too. If you know how to get around you can find rooms to stay in for like 10 bucks a day.

Not really my parents paid for everything and college anyways is not very expensive here. I pay around 3 thousand dollars a year including lodging and food.

I have some money saved up, no much and I will run out by next year if I am not careful,I probably need to find a meaning for my life that's true, because everything sucks at the moment.
I don't really want to "get a carrier" .
since that's what everyone is advising me to do.

I think it's ur own personal choice if you don't want to pursue a conventional career path but honestly there must be some passion/talent that you have which you could pursue more vigorously. And I think if you do that you're probably smart enough to monetize it.

I write songs and play guitar.
but don't even pick up the guitar for more than 5 mins then I get bored, I have an interest in the occult, but can't be bothered to practice , only read sometimes.
used to like shitposting but… fuck I lost the motivation to finish this sentence.

>Not really my parents paid for everything

so you made your parents debt slaves, congratulations. Where do you live anyways? That's pretty cheap. Are you going to some community college that also charges for lodging?

My parents paid out of their own savings. It's a cultural thing here for parents to save up and pay for their kids college.

Let's just say my country has 1/30th the per capita GDP of the jewnited states. It's not a community college and is "great" by third world standards but there is no comparison with any half decent western college.

Well at least unknown what you like. Maybe u should see a shrink and get some meds for the lack of will and depression.

So you are actually paying a shit ton for your education.

That's like saying "it's a pretty piece of shit for being in the toilet".

Assuming this isn't b8, explain the curriculum for me. I am honestly curious.

I wouldn't really say it's paying all that much because even though the country is dirt poor we're probably in the top 2%.

It's an integrated hons. degree so it includes a Bachelor of Arts and an LLB. Takes around five years to complete. In your first two years you go throw basic Arts subjects like Sociology, History, Economics etc. You also have a few basic law subjects like contracts, law of torts, etc thrown in. From your third year onwards you get deeper into the law so u have company laws, procedural laws and constitutional law. Fourth year is similar like right now we have criminal procedure and interpretation of statutes. Fifth year you have electives so u can choose from three or four bundles of subjects and this could include land laws, corporate law, intellectual property law, human rights law etc depending on wut u choose.

So you are 1/30th of the per capita GDP yet you are the top 2%? Can you please explain this to me.

1/10 b8

The rest reads like a 14yo from reddit trying to act like a nigger.

Move back into your parents basement and become the 40 year old virgin you are obviously destined to be

Drop out of college and take an entry-level job. Retail, sales, apartment leasing, debt collection, call center, ANYTHING.

Make money and make connections. Get some measurable accomplishments on your resume.

No one cares if you went to college.

No one.

(checked)

What I said was that per capita GDP here is roughly 1/30th of the US but my family income is roughly in the top 2% of the country so 3k for college each year is not very expensive for my parents.

but your currency must be based on bananas and rocks. Which country do you come from?

It won't be so bad. Just name drop your college alot talk about how challenging it was, but you stuck with it. Go for a middle or lower teir lawschool. If your school is prestigious enough it should get you in somewhere as long as you don't fain your next two years. Enjoy life as the upper class instead of in a pit of dispair.

See that's the problem, unlike in the West you can't do manual/blue collar work and make any decent money here. Plus, no one respects blue collar work here and my family would disown me if I did that. I know it sounds ridiculous but that's how things are around here.

Do internships,save the cash.