A preview for the Adult Swim Samurai Jack was shown at Annecy today. Now we just wait for it to leak

A preview for the Adult Swim Samurai Jack was shown at Annecy today. Now we just wait for it to leak.

Other urls found in this thread:

adultswim.com/misc/time-rift-secrets/samurai-jack.html
cloneweb.net/festivals/preview-samurai-jack-les-nouveaux-episodes/
deadline.com/2016/06/hotel-transylvania-3-emoji-movie-ghostbusters-sony-animation-1201775965/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looking awfully edgy, Jack.

It's going to be shit, isn't it?

short animatic on adult swim website
adultswim.com/misc/time-rift-secrets/samurai-jack.html

I thought he left Sony for more creative freedom

H-he's not killing robots anymore?

It was never intended to be robots user.
SJ is not getting edgier. Its getting what was always intended to be.

Well, at this point robots are so ingrained the Samurai Jack universe I would be very surprised if they discarded them completely. It's more likely there's just going be human, alien, and monster enemies in between some of the robot fights.

Is it blood? It's on the blunt edge rather than the sharp. Probably war paint like what Jack has on him.

I remember the time they draw a whole valley of robots gruesomely killed, like if they were tortured or massacred.

And dogs. Don't forget the dogs.

This is new.

Or maybe he's inspiring rebellion, just as Aku feared.

Since we are talking about downers…

Or the robots have blood now!

The newest thing to me is Jack has a beard. It's pretty traditional for him to end up shirtless and stained by 2/3 of the way through an episode.

What if Jack aged in real time?

Maybe the revival takes place eleven years after the show originally ended? That could explain why Jack has a beard and why there's suddenly a rebellion against Aku.

They best at least keep at least half the population robots.

Robots is honestly the most disturbing aspect because you can't tell what real and what isn't. Who builds these robots and why?

Like that metal eating family.

>the baby from the very last episode grows up and becomes Jack's sidekick apprentice

You have no idea how badly I want this.

I shouldn't be getting excited but goddammit I am.

He could have stabbed someone with the sword.

Regardless, I'm pretty excited for this. I don't know who they chose to replace Mako though, and I'm worried the show might not have the same dynamic.

Also, I'm wondering if this will be episodic like it was when we left off, or if there will be story arcs now.

a jack that actually draws blood with his sword

about fucking time

let's hope this show learned not to be like that

they kept making enemies who were obviously not robots into robots throughout the series because of the censors

iirc it was the same guy who played Iroh in the fourth season of Avatar The Last Airbender

at least he ages in real time

perhaps he means from the finale?

There was that one episode where he completely slaughtered a group of mercenaries who were after him.

Aside from that though, yeah, most of the enemies that he's killed were robots.

The blood and edginess I feared, the beard though, that was unexpected.

Is this going to be a gory-yet-worthy successor to the original, or in trying to make the new series "adult" are they going to rob it of what charm made the original so endearing?

Nice, I see they kept the old line style.

Maybe that's something stupid to care about, but PPG shows just how bad you can fuck that up.

It was his original vision to have blood, but CN didn't allow him to, so he replaced it with robots. It worked for what he had to do at the time since the show was charmingly dark. However, you kind of knew that he would be merciless towards robots, remaining hesitant towards humans and monsters.

Given that one of the inspirations for Samurai Jack was Lone Wolf & Cub, I dont think inclusion of blood will ruin Samurai Jack, more like bring it closer to its inspiration.

Lot of the episodes were inspired by Lone Wolf & Cub, not just the one where they have a clear cameo. The episode where the mercenaries try to take down Jack in front of a winter hut is almost directly taken from a Lone Wolf & Cub story where the exact same thing happens.

sorry, meant 3rd

i just got back from a discussion on korra and had that on my mind

Please dont let this turn into another Adult Party Cartoon…

I like to think Aku was in some way behind all the sentient robots. Seems like a good way to increase overall suffering with minimal effort from himself.

Well possibly but its also fantastically unnerving.

Some more new information here (if you can read French):

cloneweb.net/festivals/preview-samurai-jack-les-nouveaux-episodes/

What's with all this French shit in animation as of late. I'm not talking about stuff like Wafu, its just more and more im seeing them in production and other shit.

Did the corporate heads just give up on South Korea and Canada and decided to leech of France now?

Apparently, the show will take place 50 years after the 4th season.

Maybe they saw that the skill pool was dwindling and moved someplace better. If its for the good its good.

What ride are you taking us on, Tartakovsky?

Im pretty sure the guy with the gun isnt Jack

Armored guy is not carrying the katana, so most likely, no, he is not Jack

All of these were found from halfchan. Looks cool.

guess they're still in

I know that is just as simplistic, but damn I missed not grinning potatoe.

Man, I would take proto-grinning potato at this pont.

I wonder too. Is there more creative freedom there and/or there's looser standards than those in the US?

I think partially this may be not jack.

Or, this is "Fallen Jack". After years of fighting Aku he just breaks and some other guy takes over his legacy.

I dunno. In this case in tartakovsky I trust!

Also I think that most likely the gun guy is:

DA SAMURAI.

Seems like the exact sort of thing he would do.

The beard was actually shown in his fight with the Guardian, so maybe they're going to keep in line with this vision? He still needs the crown and a much longer beard before he succeeds, so that might hint at a possible plot and the new series taking place over a period of many years.

Personally I think there's a brain drain currently in the US. Everywhere in an high end Western College its either noodle arms, potato heads or both. While in France they still teach regular Disney shit.

But user!
They never showed them dead!
that episode was killer

look at the picture closer
it says "Samurai Jack's Motorcycle

Holy crap motorcycle based sowrdfights wwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww

Mr Bones, I'd like to take another go on this ride.

Gun guy was shown in the announcement video, so it's likely Jack.

This is as stupid as Batman using gun!

not really

If only because his sword is more powerful than any gun.

cool maybe they can also release the fucking series on 1080p bluray instead of the dogshit dvd release it has now

the french gov offers tax credit to cultural productions like video games/films/tv shows

Post the video, user.

Don't forget the last episode where the baby sees Jack killing his enemies and gets the gaze of a warrior, or, as Lone Wolf and Cub calls it with Daigoro's gaze, shishogan.

You must have been living under a rock if you didn't see this video.

I haven't seen Samurai Jack for a while, did he ever use any other weapons besides his sword in the series?

In the first episode (about five minutes in), you see Jack training with staffs, arrows, axes, spears, martial arts, etc, and in the rest of the series, you see him train with other people and learning for them, so a gun would just be another weapon for him to learn.

As long as he sticks with the sword as his main weapon, I think it would be just fine. It's the only thing that can kill Aku, so he wouldn't want to get rusty at using it.

Several times. Pretty much an entire episode was dedicated to him fighting in an arena without his sword.

That's what I figured. If he can learn archery, why can't he learn marksmanship? His sword is obviously his main weapon, but he is a weapons master.

There was that one episode where he was captured and thrown into an arena with all sorts of weapons including his sword. Of course, the enemies would always block his path to the sword so he had to fight with the other weapons.

nun-chucks
trident/spear
ninja stars
one handed sword and shield
duel wield shields
unarmed
sandals
giant robot
shoes for women
that thing that keeps his hair together
opponent's enemy
the shovel-weapon aku's people were using in that one episode in his childhood in africa
probably more

cheer up anons, Genndy hasn't let us down yet

so what is this only one more season?

Nobody's doubting Genndy. It's Cartoon Network we're worried about.

Adult Swim technically

The Hotel movies were okay I guess, he did what he could

Sounds like it. Maybe it's a reworking of the movie finale we never got.

I don't think so. I'm not sure how they're going to compress decades of Jack's life into a single season.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/tumblr/

>>>Holla Forums

Also bows, robot arm, power armour, inner peace, sand, light, jumping good, vulcan nerve pinch…

Jack uses his sword primarily because it's his best weapon, but he'll use anything and everything at his disposal when he needs to. Probably took him a while to get the hang of guns, but if they're what's convenient at the moment, he'll use them.

Does someone remember this episode?

you sure owned me user wow

Adult Swim is playing with some serious fire reviving both Samurai Jack AND FLCL. Jack *seems* to be doing alright so far, but the FLCL sequel is going need a fucking miracle to get right.

But I can't blame AS for trying though. We're desperate times right now, so some risks are necessary. Western animation needs a shot in the arm to get moving again.

Who the fuck asked for a FLCL revival?

by funding anime? sounds like a plan

Fucking pigs.

Why does he look Biblical?

Funding a sequel to one of the most well known and influential animes of all time is a better option than throwing money at shit like the Powerpuff Girls reboot or Legend of Korra.

Imagine if all goes well for FLCL. It'll make potato shit like Steven Universe look like retard scribbles. Samurai Jack would have the same effect. I know I'm being too optimistic, but I hope the combined force of those two will the flush the toilet on modern cartoons.

And with these lucky trips, so shall it be.

No, look at what you wrote a bit closer
This is objectively true, however it doesn't predict/say anything will happen.
You see the problem, yes? It could go wrong.
Butt check 'em anyway.hue, butt check :^)

Damn.

If you're not going to behave in an orderly manner on Holla Forums you're better off leaving

What do you mean?

*The whole point of my post was to prove wrong. It's not going to be because didn't word his post right.

deadline.com/2016/06/hotel-transylvania-3-emoji-movie-ghostbusters-sony-animation-1201775965/

Looks like this is a one-off deal, as they've somehow badgered him into directing Hotel Transylvania 3

Ayy, fuck you. Why do I even bother?

So they just got Tartakovsky to come back just to finish Samurai Jack. I'm not surprised. I doubt Adult Swim has the budget to keep someone like Genndy around for long, especially when Sony pays better.

I am a bit disappointed though.

a lot of the questions you guys have were already covered in the comics

Is that Ilana and Jigen I see there?

They are following the comic

Thanks for the storytime, user.

Looking for a portal in time sure as hell gets way easier with Aku out of the way constantly sabotaging those efforts.

Don't forget Dexter and DeeDee.

I wish this stupid meme would go away. Some faget here calls something "edgy" because it has blood or some shit, and right away, a lot of tards jump on the bandwagon to hate it because its a meme to hate it. They don't even give it a chance. Also, this

Aw, did a widdle edge cut your little pinky, user?

Yes

Is that a grown up peach boy?
The art is really lacking though tbh

I see Dexter but where is Deedee?

What are you referring to?

The blonde on the left, though I thought it was Mandy

You mean the blond with her hair like a candle? Because I am pretty sure that is Ilana

FLCL is going to suck. Lets face it. It was made as a side project so that guy could blow off steam. Literally 0 expectations.
Now its on an American network that has turned down shows that dont fit its image, or ask for shows to change.

This

It's going to be IGPX all over again.

When will they fucking learn to just leave it to the japs?

Did anyone else want to fuck ilana?

probably, do you know who's all on the team?

It's a "partnership" with one of the original studios. A whole new story taking place after the events of the original. main character is a girl RIP awkward but funny puberty scenes i

THey are not even using the same characters? One of the things about the original was that it left itself open at the end and felt like their could have been a sequel or continuation.

Yes.

a 78 year old jack

no

Lewd.

Considering Production I.G. bought the rights to FLCL back from Gainax last year, a sequel was going to happen regardless of Adult Swim's involvement. Their partnership just means it can come that much faster.

Basically, two experienced guys and two newbies. Tsurmaki's got a good track record so I'll cut him some slack, though I think he really should be the director. Maybe he can convince some of his colleagues at Trigger to help out.

That's the one thing I absolutely do not want them to do. Apart from Haruko, it needs to be it's own thing. That's the only way it can succeed.

I'm going to hate this

They mention that he strangely hasn't aged.

I feel the same way a lot of the time. Slightly darker takes on something is nothing new, and realistic doses of blood and guts to add some weight to the combat being shown is totally fine.

Given Samurai Jack's affinity for huge doses of violence as it is the robots were always just a sort of compromise between the over the top blood and gore common in a lot of Japanese Samurai flicks to accommodate children's entertainment.

Shit even then, look at how detailed the innards of the robots are drawn, it wasn't uncommon to see Jack covered in 'oil' at the end of several episodes.

Samurai Jack was always meant to be violent. I'm super excited to see the episodes without the heavy CN censorship.

It was 2003

It's amazing in hindsight, how much they managed to get away with.