Random Storytime

Hey Holla Forums, I haven't had a chance to offer to storytime in a while, but since recently all that's been posted is terrible SJW shit at Marvel, I think I'm going to start by posting some obscure Marvel stuff that doesn't suck. Along the way if you want a peek in any of the folders (they're all terribly disoganized) and anyone sees something they want posted, I'll take requests once I finish posting a couple stories.

I'm going to start off by sharing The Illuminator, a three issue religious comic Marvel published in the early 90's. It would be easy to say this is the religious counterpart to SJWs, but the book surprisingly doesn't totally suck, rarely feels like it's beating you over the head with it's messages, and the imagery is a ton darker and edgier than you'd expect from a religious comic.

In this issue, the Illuminator must defeat a Furry menace.

Fin.

Not sure if anyone was actually reading that, but I thought it was fun and surprisingly dark for what it is.

If anyone is playing along, just request a screenshot of one of the folders, and we'll see if I've got anything you want to see.

You're right, that was pretty good. Did they ever make any more of are these 3 the be all and end all?

I'm curious what crossovers you've got there. I assume DC/Marvel?

As far as I can find, that's all they ever made of it. I assume the reason we've never seen the guy brought up again, even for parody is similar to why we've never seen SuperPro again "Nelson" probably holds the rights to him like NFL does with SuperPro.

And yup, most of the crossovers I've got are DC & Marvel, or one of the two with another company.

(checked)
I have been meaning to give a read of Punisher/Batman. Mind throwing that up for me/us?

Can do. I'll post 'em both.

Thanks user. Finished the first, going over the second on now. That was more fun that I thought it would be.

Okay, dealer's choice. Something obscure unlikely to be requested again: Razorline. I'm going to start with the preview issue and then post some Hyperkind.

In the 90's Clive Barker started a line of super hero comics with Marvel. He was pretty prolific with comics, actually. This was his attempt to put out something more mainstream compared to his Hellraiser, Harrowers and Nightbreed comics. The recurring theme with pretty much every comic he puts out is transformation though.

Hyperkind is by far the most "90s" thing Clive Barker ever wrote.

just finished reading

they lay the church stuff on a little thick but it was pretty well done