So what exactly was the Riddle of Steel?

So what exactly was the Riddle of Steel?

That the person wielding the sword is more important than the sword itself.

I think Conan's father was just a village blacksmith and he really just was trying to make Conan respect good craftmanship practices using a mystical context.

This is surface level plebbery. Remove yourself from this thread.

Which would have been more likely:

or

Something about the flesh or mind being the true power to wield steel

To be fair he was trying to get him to understand their culture but never expected the whole raiders killing their village thing.

Basically, what I said over there.

Naw he's right. Conan was simple and his cucked/blacked dad was probably even simpler. If he was a baker it would have been the secret of bread, if he was a fisherman the secret of bait etc. Was probably a shit tier blacksmith too.

In the short talk he implies that the riddle of steel was the secret humans took from the battlefield of god and giants, implying the riddle was how to work iron. Very fitting for a smith.

this user knows the secret of b8 tbh

That sword got shattered by a rusted piece of shit Conan picked up from a hole.

Is it confirmed his dad made that? Reminder this is the same guy who claimed he made conan.

Assuming Thulsa was being literal with the 'my son' thing, why did he kill his ex-ho?

Thulsa Doom didn't even remember destroying Conan's town or the kid. He even just assumes it was something he did when he was younger.

He was being metaphorical and was referring to giving him the drive to succeed in life.

Because she gave him the reckless eyeball.

/thread

a qt, tbh

I thought the sword that got shattered was some ancient sword from Aquilonia or Atlantis or something?

No, Conan uses the cave sword to break his father's sword. I guess it might have to add to that the quality of the sword mattered too.

Was he being metaphorical with luke too? Regardless the point still stands: conan was a low functioning autist and his dad was a retard who couldn't even protect his family.

"The Steel is weak. But the flesh…the flesh my boy, is Strong."

Thulsa Doom understood the riddle why doesn't OP?

It was weak up until it collided with his neck

The flesh wields the steel. Without the flesh, the Steel is nothing but a inert hunk of metal.

On a more practical note to be able to have the knowledge of metallurgy in the pre-classical era to craft a steel blade would have really been something. The strength of that brand would have put all others to shame.

And then the counter to that is that that magnificent steel blade is only as strong as the man that wields it.

And then Conan gets defeated by Thulsa's lackey, but eventually prevails because his sword was better.

Well it was some magical sword from Atlantis that could resist thousands of years of rust and neglect and still gleam like new after a few sharp smacks to get off the surface level rust.

True, but it shows Thulsa's assertion that only the flesh mattered was wrong.

The sword was only that strong because some fleshbag wizard chanted some spells over it though.

Exactly. And his father had no fucking clue how to work with steel which is why he considered it a riddle.

That isn't relevant though, because the sword would have helped anyone who wielded it the same way. In the context of Conan's struggle, it was the sword that mattered, not the long dead smith of the sword.

Without the flesh, then the steel would have stayed in the ground or mountain or whatever and would have never been a factor in the first place. The steel is literally nothing without the flesh.

Didn't he stick the sword in ice after forging it? Wouldn't that fuck it up by not sticking it in water?

And that is why the riddle of steel was skill of smithing iron, nothing more.

Yeah, sub zero temperature would cause it to break.

The theme to Total Recall sounds almost identical

The Riddle of steel is that an old sword in a tomb covered in dust smashed Conan's father's sword. But then his father's broken sword defeated Thulsa Doom and his magic - the magic which Thulsa Doom claimed was mightier than steel.

Steel breaks, and it can lay in a cave and gather dust. You cannot trust in it. Yet a broken sword can defeat a mighty wizard.

That is the riddle.

Why was Khal Drogo Conan so shit?

reddit

Because of higher budget and CGI scenery, the 2011 one was just a series of events in different locations. The first Arnold one had limited locations, so they had more meaning; Conan returns twice to Thulsa's fortress temple and the biggest fight happens in a location that is well established to a be a spiritually eerie place. In the 2011 movie nothing matters. Also the side characters suck in 2011 one. They are incompetent and the chick is like those useless hussies Conan drags around in many of the short stories (who only exist so the story got to have the cover image because of the boobs) and not a proper love interest for a big movie.

It wasn't actually that bad. What was a novel take was that the villain was a guy trying to resurrect his dead wife, who seemed to actually love her considerably.

Literally patrician: the villain motive

Nora…

Is Mr. Freeze really a villain?

He's a cool guy.

his dad may have been retarded, but his wife was sure sexy af

Debatable but he could have found more efficent ways to achieve his goal that didn't involve icing innocent civvies and robbery. The military alone would kill for his tech and they could have leaned on his old boss to give up Nora to him and let him dick around trying to cure her on the taxpayers dime as long as he played ball.

Sexy af and screwing a nog weresnake behind his back.

if i were JEJ i would try and hit that too

Thulsa Doom hypnotized her and killed her. They never had sex.

Why? As we see later the guy has no shortage of bitches. Why cuck some shit tier blacksmith (more like blackedsmith amirite) then kill his wife and put all that negative energy into the world? I'd be worried about karma eventually catching up and some autist with a pituitary condition cutting off my fucking head.

Maybe he didn't get into pimping until he started in with the snake worship shtick. I mean dude was a traveling warlord before, thats a kind of grab your bitches where you can from whatever hovel you sacked today kind of gig.

beat me to it

Which begs the question: why didn't he make conan's mom bow down and put her breath on his pinky ring? Only makes sense he'd already had her and killed her for getting out of pocket.

Think the jury's still out on that one tbh.

No it isn't. Only someone with absolutely no ability to understand figurative speech would think Thulsa Doom was sleeping with a blacksmith's wife discreetly and then showed up with a raiding party to enslave the village.

It's obvious the village was attacked by raiders and Doom and Conan's wife had never met. He hypnotized her like he tried to do to Conan at the end of the film.

the riddle is simple
which is strong, flesh or steel?
conan's dad thinks steel is stronger
thulsa doom thinks flesh is stronger
conan thinks that the riddle is a trick one, neither works without the other

deez nuts ayy lmao got em

And why would he hypnotize and kill a piece of ass like that? Ffs he didn't even kill conan when he had the chance just nailed him to a tree. He's a dude who collects beautiful women and throws big ass orgies, unless he had a reason like say he already knew her and was pissed to find her there giving it away for free to some village idiot confused by metal it doesn't really make sense. Also explains why he spared conan's life.

lemme ask you this

why wasn't conan black

the possibilities of a black father/white mother and the offspring being white are practically nonexistent.

Thulsa wasn't black, he was from an ancient race with highly recessive genes.

Thulsa was white in the books so probably just a case of jew casting. Also casting darth vader - famous at the time for being a secret protagonist father - was likely a not so subtle hint.

how hard did Arnie tapped this ass? yea I know she's not on Barbarian

I'll admit why they didn't just kill her always seemed odd, but I think he was just fucking around and showcasing his abilities to his men. He doesn't really place much value in women or pieces of ass. He hypnotizes a woman to fall to her death as a demonstration of his power. At this time also he's leading a raiding party. They aren't traveling with wenches.

I'd think if Conan were his real son he wouldn't sell him into slavery.

I think the real reason it's done that way is to establish JEJ as the big villain and that he has magic hypnosis, and for the symmetry at the end when he tries to do it with Conan.

I think you'd cast a white actor if you were going that route. I think JEJ was cast so it would be seen as purely figurative.

More like the riddle of coal.

8/10 nearly spat out my cereal

You magnificent bastard…

Thulsa = flesh
Conan = Steel

Conan realises that steel corrodes, flesh grows old and useless, but will lasts.

Is Destroyer worth watching? I heard it was terrible but I'm sort of curious

this?

Fucking Grade A boner material right there throughout the film. Her clothes were practically falling off the entire time it was great.

People rip on Destroyer but I think it's an ok sequel if a bit generic.

The riddle of steel is that Aquilonian steel > Cimmerian Steel. Conan figures this out when his father's nigger tier sword breaks in the hands of his enemy while the old Aquilonian sword Conan is wielding stays strong.

Thulsa Doom's little thing about flesh being stronger was just because he was a cult leader who used flesh. He probably didn't think flesh was stronger after getting his fleshy head removed.

That was the decayed sheath.

Not legal/10

People just don't get Conan as a comedy instead of as an epic.

Doom can easily hypnotize flesh. But he couldn't hypnotize Conan because Conan had his father's sword in his hand. Steel won.

Well played

It's alright. The four winds worshipping asian thief is better than the chubby white whiner thief.

Which was better? Conan the Destroyer or Conan 2011?

That's like comparing shit to vomit

LET ME TELL YOU OF THE DAYS OF HIGH SHITPOSTING! WHEN user EQUATED SOMETHING THAT WAS MERELY BAD TO SOMETHING THAT WAS TRULY DOGSHIT

But which is which?

Conan the Destroyer was a decent comedy. Conan 2011 was a bad SyFy channel original.

Okay now Kull or Destroyer?

Conan the Destroyer was a decent comedy. Kull was a good made for TV movie.

Red Sonja or Destroyer?
Also, do you think it's extra awkward now when Arnold forces his kids to watch Red Sonja as punishment, given that he fucked Brigitte Nielsen?

The power if boners is stronger than any non living thing

She used to be a softcore model in the 70's.

Krull > Conan the Barabarian > Destroyer > Kull > 2011

The power of boners is stronger than any non living thing

Too much bush

Wuss. I like the werewolf pussy.

Why does the cover say it's sofia loren?

Fun fact about Conan the Barbarian.
James Earl Jones was never cast in any role. He just turned up one day in is normal clothes and starting doing a scene. Everyone loved his performance so much they gave him a major role in the film.

She posed as her double.

>>>/loli/

The movie is basically retelling of Nietzsche's Will to power. Conan's father thinks that steel is strong. Thulsa Doom thinks that he can be strong by positing himself as a cult leader. But what is really strong is a will.

You saw that Mexican sack he boned a few years back? You think he gives a shit if his kids know who he's fucked given he doesn't care about that?

Thing is, he may have fucked the Mexican sack but he didn't want people to know that he fucked her

Krull is shit and you damn well know it, edgelord.

Why didn't Conan pound that virgin into oblivion?

Because he didn't want to end up like Griffith.

Even their people seemed to want him to bone their queen tbh

What is 'edgy' about Krull? It's an 80s action adventure.

I think you don't know what you are talking about.

Not old and not Mexican enough. Also, not a Kennedy

He meant to said contrarian. The poor boy is confused is all.

Who was the hottest woman in the conan movies? I vote for the demon witch

That would be the princess in the first movie. I want to chain her to a wall and threaten her with my big sword, if you know what I mean.
Fun fact: she died in a car accident at the age of 32. I think more actresses should do that, so we don't get to see them age.

Why are women's asses so wonderful, Holla Forums?

Hilarious!

I want to see their assholes

I WANT TO SEE THEIR ASSHOLES FILLED WITH BBC

You have been visited by the seven day autobumplock fairy!