I deplore the harassment campaign directed against Tor developer Andrea Shepard and wish to publicly express my...

blog.torproject.org/blog/solidarity-against-online-harassment

poor Andrea! everyone always goes after her!

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.torproject.org/blog/jacob-appelbaum-leaves-tor-project
twitter.com/maradydd/status/738802325565755392
twitter.com/puellavulnerata/status/735230102154448898
twitter.com/puellavulnerata/status/738581432893743104
motherboard.vice.com/read/that-time-a-tor-developer-doxxed-a-troll
pando.com/2014/11/14/tor-smear/
twitter.com/ErrataRob/status/738814992569536514
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11832322
twitter.com/puellavulnerata/status/738831351630180352
boards.4chan.org/g/thread/54893716/jakob-appelbaum-leaves-tor-accused-of-rape
twitter.com/afreak/status/738812597927968769
twitter.com/frameslip/status/738813602212118528
twitter.com/kaepora/status/738789866880786432
twitter.com/semibogan/status/738840670350282752
mobile.twitter.com/onekade/status/738842062490062848
twitter.com/frameslip/status/738813602212118528)
twitter.com/kaepora/status/738789866880786432).
github.com/ioerrror/jacobappelbaum.net/blob/gh-pages/index.html
ioerrror.github.io/jacobappelbaum.net/
twitter.com/TimeToDieJake/status/738872494229184512
twitter.com/puellavulnerata/status/738874213298253824
jacobappelbaum.net/
archive.is/Ax4N4
charon.persephoneslair.org/~andrea/
archive.is/dIDUQ
archive.is/Tf0C3
archive.is/LJzcD
youtu.be/PWdL1g3xRHY
youtube.com/watch?v=Vvlr8nVVmlU
archive.is/JvNhT
twitter.com/_d3f4ult/status/739321036068552704
twitlonger.com/show/n_1soorlp
piratepad.net/K73IgXBYvA
archive.is/pRuDE
github.com/Enegnei/JacobAppelbaumLeavesTor/blob/master/JacobAppelbaumLeavesTor.md
tweetsave.com/frameslip/status/738813602212118528
archive.is/HIOjr
web.archive.org/web/20160609065854/https:/twitter.com/frameslip/status/738813602212118528)
tweetsave.com/kaepora/status/738789866880786432
archive.is/GW6T0
web.archive.org/web/20160609070217/https:/twitter.com/kaepora/status/738789866880786432).
archive.is/fN88S
tweetsave.com/puellavulnerata/status/738581432893743104
web.archive.org/web/20160609070443/https:/twitter.com/puellavulnerata/status/738581432893743104)
archive.is/Wo1kA
tweetsave.com/maradydd/status/738802325565755392
web.archive.org/web/20160604032909/https:/twitter.com/maradydd/status/738802325565755392)
archive.is/AjsT3
web.archive.org/web/20160609064608/https://twitter.com/puellavulnerata/status/738831351630180352
tweetsave.com/puellavulnerata/status/738831351630180352
archive.is/uv7C7
web.archive.org/web/20160609071128/http://jacobappelbaum.net/
reddit.com/r/technology/comments/4n9hxj/jacob_applebaum_is_being_character_assassinated/d42tnbv
twitter.com/jillbaeh/status/741023991041646592
pastebin.com/u1Cbh77s
pando.com/2014/07/16/tor-spooks/
archive.is/LjkWb
archive.is/tI1gy
counterpunch.org/2014/07/18/the-nsa-wants-you-to-trust-tor-should-you/
archive.is/DfJVt
web.archive.org/web/20140705114447/http://blackhat.com/us-14/briefings.html#you-dont-have-to-be-the-nsa-to-break-tor-deanonymizing-users-on-a-budget:
productio-webloadb-xh7m8u4nserz-641115252.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com/tech/internet/black-hat/
archive.is/iYqGG
media.ccc.de/v/31c3_-_6112_-_en_-_saal_2_-_201412301715_-_tor_hidden_services_and_deanonymisation_-_dr_gareth_owen
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

twitter.com/maradydd/status/738802325565755392
twitter.com/puellavulnerata/status/735230102154448898
twitter.com/puellavulnerata/status/738581432893743104

twitter.com/ErrataRob/status/738814992569536514

this comment is being censored from hackernews:

unlinker 17 minutes ago

dong removed the comment I had left here, so I'll just replace it with this: twitter.com/ErrataRob/status/738814992569536514

dang 17 minutes ago

Since you've made it clear that you don't want to use this site as intended, I'm banning your latest account.

(Normally I wouldn't do that in response to a comment that got personal, but then that shouldn't just be a loophole either.)

We detached this comment from news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11832322 and marked it off-topic.

Notable Tor developer, evangelist, and "resident sociopath", Jacob Appelbaum, is calling it quits.

Is the US intelligence apparatus trying to smear him like they did Assange, or is he another male feminist who turns out to be a rape aficionado?

twitter.com/puellavulnerata/status/738831351630180352

pretty fun rape joke there from the accuser!

hint: Rape threats that ruin someones car-rear counts as online harassment.

keep your eyes out for some very strange 'improvements' to tor in the near future.

Yeah like a commie faggot was not enought

who is a commie?

Applebaum has confirmed himself to be marxist-anarchist & faggot

This is a mikee thread isn't it?

archiving tor links?
why would anyone bother?

that's for news sites so they don't get clicks.

Fuck off back to reddit or whatever shithole you came from

boards.4chan.org/g/thread/54893716/jakob-appelbaum-leaves-tor-accused-of-rape

halfcuck discussion of this

what is with these people and their asinine self-given titles? You don't see Elon Musk calling himself COCKROCKET MOONFUCKER

twitter.com/afreak/status/738812597927968769
twitter.com/frameslip/status/738813602212118528
twitter.com/kaepora/status/738789866880786432
twitter.com/semibogan/status/738840670350282752

she's randi harper but tor instead of freebsd

I don't want to believe it - he follows me on Twitter, and he has done an awful lot of excellent advocacy over the years - but four different people I personally know and trust say they have good reason to believe it, all of them know Jacob, and Shari asked him to step down because we just can't have this shit.

That's a metric shitload more corroboration than Assange, to me personally.

It's not nice, but I believe it.

I kind of feel halfway between sick and disappointed, a bit like when I found out about Paul La Roux and the drugs, or Fausty and the horse thing. I mean I'm grateful for the good shit he's done, but for fuck's sake.

mobile.twitter.com/onekade/status/738842062490062848

This is character assassination. If he had actually done anything like rape someone, they would provide evidence and begin a police investigation. Instead, they are shit talking him on Twitter and making vague allusions to wrongdoing on his part (twitter.com/frameslip/status/738813602212118528) or simply slandering his character in general (twitter.com/kaepora/status/738789866880786432). Some have accused him of sexual assault (not rape - twitter.com/puellavulnerata/status/738581432893743104 mentions rape, but not Jacob, twitter.com/maradydd/status/738802325565755392 mentions Jacob and sexual assault, but not rape), but there are no substantiations or evidence.

I think you all would be wise to ignore all of this until a police investigation comes out (which I doubt will happen, because I don't think there is any basis to these claims).

well said

Isn't he a legit faggot? I watched a few talks he gave and he had a major creep vibe about him. Almost like he was an Alphabet Agency plant to discredit privacy advocates.

Gay commie faggot raping SJW cybercunts

There's there's also this from a week ago:

github.com/ioerrror/jacobappelbaum.net/blob/gh-pages/index.html
ioerrror.github.io/jacobappelbaum.net/

"Jacob's Rape Victims Collective"

he takes dick in the ass, he is "bi", meaning a homo.

This is what happens when you allow people who look like this into your life.

Aposematism. Never. Fucking. Wrong.

Ever.

I genuinely struggle to see why anyone would give this much of a shit

more censorship on HN

> twitter.com/TimeToDieJake/status/738872494229184512
> @ioerror Tick Tock. Your time has come rapist. Tick tock. ioerrror.github.io/jacobappelbaum.net/ … #victimsofjake

smh

twitter.com/puellavulnerata/status/738874213298253824

the rape jokes keep coming

What a moron, jesus.

I can't find any of her source and she arbitrarily used sha512 to hash a message she then tweeted in plaintext. I think she doesn't actually know how to code.

/g/ is such a shithole

how will Holla Forums react? are we calling this a ers-style sjw conspiracy or is it ok because (((reasons)))

link's already dead and no archive
THIS IS WHY WE ARCHIVE EVERYTHING

no it's just a shitty link
jacobappelbaum.net/

archive.is/Ax4N4

I lot of this thread seems like Pando Daily shitposting.
I wonder where they all come from.

Same posts from months, and even years ago, from previous discussions referencing Pando shit. Almost like they have a lot of this shit copypasta'd.

Especially these fucking twitter posts. Why are retards posting twitter posts without archives? Twitter posts get deleted, or account made private all the fucking time. Are we being raided by redditors?

Can anyone explain me everything ?
Last time I heard about the TOR team it was either about a tranny or some goth chick making drama.

It's hard to tell, considering most of the posts in this thread are from edgy faggots, probably from reddit or 4chan, that link to Pando Daily.
Very disjointed, almost schizophrenic.

charon.persephoneslair.org/~andrea/ ?

I'm convinced almost no one in this thread is from here.

boo hoo
faggot

Where did you come from?
I want to know so I can go there and archive everything.

the form at the bottom of the page allows you to report stories about the time he tried to rape you

jacobappelbaum.net/

there's absolutely no way this could go wrong

And FYI on who I believe we're dealing with in this thread.
On twitter around the Snowden revelations, well before 8/tech/ was even a thing, there were a bunch of shitposting/bot accounts surrounding "PandoDaily" a trash silicon valley blog. Names that come to mind are Mark Ames, but I can't really remember because it was just shitposting. And who really cares?
Basically they would shit on the Tor Project, Appelbaum, anyone related to the project, Glenn Greenwald, Snowden, and more, sometimes accusing them for even being part of a government conspiracy.

It's hard to string it into a narrative because I forgot most of it, it was years ago, but a lot of this purported drama reminded me of it.

Maybe I should've archived all of that way when.

For example, they would create accounts dedicated to ridiculing members of the Tor project. This twitter account immediately reminded me of their shitposting:
twitter.com/TimeToDieJake/status/738872494229184512

Along with the pando link in the OP, it definitely seems like the sort of shitposting.

about the pando thing

Ah yeah, Yasha Levine too.
Definitely clickbaiters, the lot of them.

Good job not archiving the page, again.

Isn't it COMPLETELY INSANE that GitHub doesn't seem to have a problem with people hosting a platform to make unsubstantiated rape accusations against a specific person on it, but will take down things like "WebM for Retards" and C+= on a whim? Which is more damaging, and which has a concrete and singular victim/injured party?

We need to fork it. Like right now.

archive.is/dIDUQ

you're an idiot

Well he was a Jew, so I guess it's fine

lol

Ok, I'll make the logo.

I'll be so sad when Tor dies and GNUNet still in development like fucking Hurd

You sound like a fucking white male!

You have to go back.

topkek

If you look at the commit history, there are specific names that were removed.

archive.is/Tf0C3 Statement from the Tor Project

Great question user.
>But ofc you already know the answer!
;)

what is going on here

This is your annual reminder that TOR >inb4 "It's Tor not TOR". It's actually TOR if you know how to into the English language, dipshit. is shit and I2P is better in every single way. Please launch nodes for I2P instead of Tor.

This is also your annual reminder that people can actually disagree with you and not be an FBI/NSA/CIA agent. It's funny how TORfags look down upon the "normalfags" and call them sheep while being sheep themselves.

I2P is better. End of story.

Even if you hate TOR, the development of false rape accusation as a way to frame dissidents is worrisome IF that is what happened here. At this point I am agnostic, but for all I care Applebaum has already been convicted at least in the eyes of the public.

It hasn't been TOR since it stopped being an acronym, you autistic faggot.

tl;dr:

I'm starting to think important software should be developed by low-key pseudonymous/anonymous people and if it's shown there is reasonable doubt, Jacob should be reinstated.

Applebaum was a cuck, but he was at least honest in his desire for people to maintain anonymity online. Expect to see "TOR is not for ebil racists! We will block anti semitic speech on the network!" type shit soon.

Suspicious as fuck.

I2P is run by SJWs too, though
archive.is/LJzcD

Seems to be the only way for the developers of important software to stay safe. This sjw phenomenon seems to be more about forcing people out of positions of influence over said important software than anything else. What better way to compromise secure FLOSS software than to chase out the good developers and replace them with incompetents?

I'm guessing you don't know how Tor works.

around women and trannies never relax.

youtu.be/PWdL1g3xRHY

problem with that is the torbotnet will eventually go out of sync with the forked code

shit like this makes me really lose sympathy for him

"get the FUCK out if yurr abusive to wemene!!!"

it's somehow special and rare to be against ABUSING WOMEN?

it's all very sus and confusing, here's what I currently think:

from the sound of these stories, the tor developers are fucking, sleeping in the same beds, getting drunk at weird semi-orgies. somehow he stepped over the line, it didn't really get dealt with properly. nobody got around to scolding him properly and he didn't learn.

when I hear 'rape' I think a masked guy running up to an unknown woman in the night and violently forcing her into a dark alley. The accusations we are hearing are much closer to watered down college-bro-rape.

it's weird though because he's obviously a homo but then on wiki:

the reports are probably true - he's some kind of public/3some sex maniac, craved strange kinky things that he couldn't get in a regular relationship really bad and didn't understand other peoples boundaries or that they were repulsed by that.

- he did some socially unacceptable advances on people
- in his head it probably made sense maybe he though they liked him or he had a chance, in theirs it was creepy and gross and broke consent.

I first heard about this via andrea which made me strongly believe it's all fake. It's confusing that maradydd is involved in pushing these accusations out though, she adds some credibility to it (for example she was involved in the save lambdaconf thing)...

but then again she has some beef with him about plagarism. nadim (the sjw cryptocat nigger) seems to be extremely sadistic about the whole thing and pleasuring himself to all this. Also had plagarism beef with applebaum. Coincidentally the hate site uses jscrypto (same kind of broken thing cryptocat is based on). It really doesn't seem like he actually did plagarism, more they're just butthurt that he's more academically prominent than them. anklebiters.

lessons:
- never work with women
- stick to conventional relationships like you see on sitcoms otherwise people will think they were raped 5 years later when feminists redefine the term further

You lose all sympathy for someone falsely accused of rape because of one webm showing that he said abuse wouldn't be tolerated in the community? And to top it off you actually agree with him about that.
lmfao get a brain

Jacob is just a whoreson who acts 100% jewish. He didn't commit anything to Tor except a broken upnp forwarder which is excluded from compile by default because it never fucking worked.
He is your average "tech evangelist": pretends to contribute to a project while just talking and trying to creep on some le kinky nerd grils xD

that's really funny I had always assumed he designed and invented the entire thing.

Onion Routing was invented by DARPA. Jacob is merely the face of Tor, circlejerking about his jewish grandmother and how the NSA oppresses him on every con he gets to. He is no rapist though, just a creepy liar.

> what hacking used to be like youtube.com/watch?v=Vvlr8nVVmlU
where did it all go so neon dyed hair

Try Roger Dingledine and Nick Mathewson.

SJWs and Jews get the oven

you wanted this

Holy shit, some dude on 4chan has the EXACT same thoughts on the matter as you!

shill pls go

you don't know either way

hm?

worst allegation is clitoris rubbing while they slept together "as friends"

I hate this stupid XKCD comic so much.

faggots

:^)

what is with these word filters?

PHYSIOGNOMY IS REAL

Would you let your friend rub your dick just cause he was in your bed?

I call bullshit on "we were just friends and there was no second place to sleep in his apartment"

Y-yes... maybe...

"Literal rape?"
Is there any other kind of rape?

Why would you trust the police to care about someone who advocates the use of privacy enhancing technology? It's a legal system not a justice system. Other than that I agree with your sentiment, don't assume guilt until it's proven.

Modern feminism is not about equality, it's about boosting the police state. Only be a public developer of free security software if you have a big legal fund and can live off of interest from your pile of cash.

Just proves being a male (pro-)feminist is no guarantee from (false) rape accusations.

Bad idea saying this out loud.

How the fuck this shit works?

you wouldn't be pissed off?

I remember that name. Andrea Shepard is the same person who in 2014 doxed some pharmacist and tried to get him fired.

archive.is/JvNhT

Afterward Tor released that vague statement against "harassment", not condemning Andrea for the dox and trying to fuck with someone's life but rather against the people insulting her on twitter.

So WTF was the guy giving a blowjob or just getting more friendlier and did the fucking guy stop when other said no? Rape how does it work?

twitter.com/_d3f4ult/status/739321036068552704
lol clueless anons

https:[email protected]/* *//hi-im-nick-farr-nickf4rr-35c32f13da4d
Dunno if you guys know him. But I'd take him over Jake any day.

Takin him on what doing what?

to have him around I guess

also it keeps happening:
https:[email protected]/* */[email protected]/* */o-his-experience-at-30c3-eb7e43bcfc38#.o4etmfhs0

To have him around what & where?

WTF this even means? Is the CCC a fight club or WTF you whining bitches do there that "having somebody around" is something to thrive for?

there's this thing called community, it might be an alien concept for you
even aspies and introverts like to socialize sometimes, the better when it's with likeminded intelligent people

Yes it is alien concept on me. What is this community and why should "not have somedy around there"

Oh cool so this whole thing is aspies sperging around because somedy said something bad back in 2007? Jeesus fuck you are pathetic bunch!

this is why i can't take anons seriously anymore. anyone they disagree with is a sjw even if they're typically reasonable and well respected like meredith

Hmm, so Jake stole research from Len Sassaman and so the latter comitted suicide, and Meredeth Patterson was Len's wife, hence why she's out to get vengeance on Appelbaum.
Add in the rapes and the NSA stuff and this could make a decent movie plot.

Google Chrome KDF5 Plasma?
Whats your OS?

Reminder that there is something systematic about this slander.

Guy sounds like an epic sook.

I'm not convinced that any of this is necessarily a true reflection of Appelbaum.

Look at the portrait they tried to paint of Assange as World's biggest asshole.

As someone once said:
Live life, have fun and do a little good.
Don't do too much good, you'll get punished for it.

will he an hero?

"Jake is a meany and his unspecified meany actions obstructed my dopamine high"

wooooooow

It's just a bunch of nonsense written in a way to maximize the appeal to emotions.

And if someone repeatedly entered my hotel room to leave threatening notes I'd call the cops or at the very least keep them to show as evidence to prove such allegations.

Appelbaum has responded.

twitlonger.com/show/n_1soorlp

If you guys have Twitter you should send him your support. Regardless of whether you like the guy, his work has always been in the defence of privacy.

Personally, I think the allegations against him are D&C bullshit.

I'm

so glad I was wrong.

jacob is innocent.

I deplore the harassment campaign directed against Tor developer Jacob Applebaum and wish to publicly express my solidarity.

Android :^)

Can anyone of you rape-enablers name atleast one thing Jacob did for Tor and the Tor Project?

torbirdy

He was bretty good speaker and raised over >9000 buttcoins for community/infra. Dunno thou about his mad c0ding skillz or other aspects what comes on designing and producing a product

nick farr said it wasn't len he was talking about

Would like to point out that most of the people who responded to Nick's post don't have any other posts on Medium and all start with something like "Thanks for being brave and sharing..." or some other stupid shit.

what else would you expect him to say? if he's genuinely sociopathic playing the victim card doesn't refute that at all

he'd get people psyched about tor. maybe his manipulative sociopath powers helped. it's usually just called advocacy

Can't wait to see who sperg they gonna put to replace the jew-commie-faggot in there. I mean if the candidates for fighting against NSA troll army are that kinda people who get PTSD for ten years just for somebody to be asshole to them. This is the reason why I vote communists for Union rep not that I support communism but because when you need to be tought to somebody I rather put the guy in the line who is ready to hang the boss and let the negotations for the salary to beging from that perspective.

lets collect information up and make notes

piratepad.net/K73IgXBYvA

He's an open homosexual and a known pervert, so it's not as if the accusations are entirely implausible.
archive.is/pRuDE
is archive.is accusing me of being a prude?

Aren't most of them SJWs themselves these days? I seem to have seen a lot of "refugees welcome" and anti-Trump operations in the news lately.

Congrats you're exactly what I'm talking about

Go away shill

What am I even shilling?

Time to change your tampon SJW shill

You know perfectly well what I mean. Before SJW became a common expression they were called moralfags. People who are clearly in it for virtue signalling, not "lulz". The only people I know from Anonymous these days who haven't disowned the movement fall squarely into this camp.

>>>Holla Forums

>>>Holla Forums

This whole with-us-or-against-us tribalism is what i'm complaining about. It's cult like behaviour.

SJWs who rant about "rape culture" all the time are often doing it to hide their own behavior. Frankly, knowing he's an SJW makes me much more likely to believe the plagiarism accusations, and the rape accusations as well. Plus in some of the stories people are telling, he's the one acting like some kind of spy/SJW/Scientologist fag, doing whisper campaigns and trying to isolate people. If this is just some kind of smear job, then why is the TOR organization in on it? Your answer should tell you how much you value TOR in any case.

>Not only have I been the target of a fake website in my name that has falsely accused me of serious crimes, but I have also received death threats (including a Twitter handle entitled ‘TimeToDieJake’).
This "I'm getting death threats so I'm telling the truth" stuff is 100% SJW.

Really, it's damaging to the community? Here he's trying to escalate the consequences. Not only are you damaging him by speaking out, but you're also hurting everyone else!

So now he's saying he has done things mess with people, but he apologized every time. Why should this matter to us? The question is whether or not he's a plagiarist or a sex abuser. If he just hurt somebody's feelings, it shouldn't matter to us. If he apologized, it shouldn't matter to us. Either he did the stuff in question or he didn't.

That's not what he's saying, though. He's saying "I'm getting death threats so I better make a public statement".

no, he says he should make a statement because he's being accused of something (logical), he brings up the death threats just for sympathy points.

forgot pic

this guy is clearly some kind of sex freak. it's useless speculating what he did or trying to cook up defenses of him. we'll probably know more eventually, especially if he does (or doesn't) take it to court.

Absolutely disgusting. Just further proof anyone who uses let alone works for tor is a degenerate with something to hide. I hope trump shuts this project down.

Put your trip back on, Jim.

Fuck off degenerate. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the harder you try to hide yourself the more obvious you have something to hide. Anonymity networks like tor are a threat to our race, our country, and our children.

Well boohoohoo, I don't give a shit. I can't be put in prison for having something to hide but I can be but in prison for saying we need to gas all the kikes. Now please kill yourself.

tor can also be used be used for terrorism and spreading child porn.

So can a car. Ban all cars.

Cars don't allow for total anonymity and cars can be tracked. Till you lobertarian faggots allow the government to easily track tor users, it should be banned.

There is not a single thing wrong with the general public having anonymity and privacy as well as the arms to retain them. It's kike masons like you who shouldn't be allowed to have it.

What kind of crack are you smoking? Do you even know what a lolberg is?

Grow the fuck up

Lolbergs are defending this degenerate and the dangerous software he uses. I'm telling them they better soon accept backdoors or means of tracking users if they don't want it banned.

Fuck off statist shill! Are you working for the government on a program to trashtalk people who are skeptical about botneted cars?

Oh shit, what a great comeback. You sure got him.

Really, what the fuck are you smoking? You think anyone would keep developing/using privacy software that gives you no privacy? Also

Anyone anti-trump is an sjw though. You are either a hillary or bernie supporter if you are anti-trump. Both cater to sjw cucks.

This is what the American political system will do to your mind

What about people who are pretty jaded and cynical and are just indifferent about the election as a whole?

How many people did he steal from who committed suicide then?
I'm starting to think he really is a sociopath.

trump is pro-surveilance, pro-torture, pro israel, and anti internet

sjw used to mean something, but just like cuck you've run it into the ground by saying it every chance you get. you sound like a child who just learned how to swear

Shill detected

Mark Ames is an actual person. He thinks he's a journalist but if you dig into his history it gets pretty messy pretty fast.

Welcome to San Francisco, user.

I feel extremely sad that Holla Forums has never even set foot here once

Trump is the lesser evil. Face it, with the two party system, you will only have either a Democrat or Republican. I'm not 100% thrilled with trump, but it's better than having Hillary in office, who is far worse.

Lesser evil to who? If you don't like any candidate don't vote, and if enough people were smart enough to stay home the system will collapse and there will be room for alternative defense or maneuver.

Of course not. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to oppose Trump that can be expressed in open debate. But doxing his phone number just to waste his time, presumably shouting something along the lines of "fucking white male" and hanging up, as Anonymous does, is not engaging in open debate, and is precisely what makes them SJWs.

This doesn't even make sense. Most people on this planet don't even live in the United States, and a good portion of them are anti-anyone from the United States. It's perfectly possible to be anti-Trump, anti-Clinton and anti-Sanders at the same time.

This.

I was considering not voting this election, but I really like the wall idea and hate Hilary enough that I'm going to vote.

this won't actually help though. it just means your enemies votes have proportionally more value

america is a rigged. even if there was a credible third party who got the most votes, the rules say you need >50% of the electoral college. in a tie it goes to congress to decide (currently majority republicans)

if you wanted to change things you'd have to start at a local level and work up from there. you might not like the guy but bernie's popular because he wants to change the fucked system

Appelbaum has always been a fed.

I think it's a cover to let him go, but still keep credibility for social media or a controlled opposition position somewhere down the line.

I have no reason to ever believe Appelbaum wasn't in the fed's pocket at any point within the last ten years.

BON VOYAGE, PRIVACY GOBLIN

Thank you for doing your part to make America great, user.

Sadly, "yes". There is stare rape, asking a woman for coffee, getting drunk and regretting sex the next day, etc.

You're welcome user, the wall should have been built years ago and trump is thankfully going to finish it.

Reprinted:
Jacob Appelbaum · @ioerror6th Jun 2016 from TwitLongerBerlin, June 6, 2016In the past few days, a calculated and targeted attack has been launched to spread vicious and spurious allegations against me. Given the way these accusations have been handled, I had little choice but to resign from my position as an advocate at the Tor Project and devote my full attention to completing my doctoral work on cryptography at the Technical University of Eindhoven.Vague rumors and smear campaigns against me are nothing new. As a longtime public advocate for free speech and a secure internet, there have been plenty of attempts to undermine my work over the years.Now, however, these unsubstantiated and unfounded attacks have become so aggressive that I feel it’s necessary to set the record straight. Not only have I been the target of a fake website in my name that has falsely accused me of serious crimes, but I have also received death threats (including a Twitter handle entitled ‘TimeToDieJake’).I think it’s extremely damaging to the community that these character-assassination tactics are being deployed, especially given their ugly history of being used against fellow members of the LGBT community. It pains me to watch the community to which I’ve dedicated so much of my life engage in such self-destructive behavior. Nonetheless, I am prepared to use legal channels, if necessary, to defend my reputation from these libelous accusations.I want to be clear: the accusations of criminal sexual misconduct against me are entirely false.Inevitably, there may have been moments in my professional or private life when I may have inadvertently hurt or offended others’ feelings. Whenever I was aware of these instances, I have, and will continue to, apologize to the friends and colleagues in question and to continually learn how to be a better person. Though the damage to my reputation caused by these allegations alone is impossible to undo, I nonetheless take the concerns of the Tor community seriously. To dispel any further rumors, to the best of my knowledge, the Tor network is not ‘compromised.’I’ve dedicated my life as a journalist, activist, and longtime member of the Tor Project to advocating for the transparency of public processes and to speaking out about the necessity of privacy, security, and anonymity. These are ideals that I will continue to uphold, despite the vicious campaign that is currently being waged against me.

Sorry, let's hope for better formatting this time:

Jacob Appelbaum · @ioerror

6th Jun 2016 from TwitLonger

Berlin, June 6, 2016

In the past few days, a calculated and targeted attack has been launched to spread vicious and spurious allegations against me. Given the way these accusations have been handled, I had little choice but to resign from my position as an advocate at the Tor Project and devote my full attention to completing my doctoral work on cryptography at the Technical University of Eindhoven.

Vague rumors and smear campaigns against me are nothing new. As a longtime public advocate for free speech and a secure internet, there have been plenty of attempts to undermine my work over the years.

Now, however, these unsubstantiated and unfounded attacks have become so aggressive that I feel it’s necessary to set the record straight. Not only have I been the target of a fake website in my name that has falsely accused me of serious crimes, but I have also received death threats (including a Twitter handle entitled ‘TimeToDieJake’).

I think it’s extremely damaging to the community that these character-assassination tactics are being deployed, especially given their ugly history of being used against fellow members of the LGBT community. It pains me to watch the community to which I’ve dedicated so much of my life engage in such self-destructive behavior. Nonetheless, I am prepared to use legal channels, if necessary, to defend my reputation from these libelous accusations.

I want to be clear: the accusations of criminal sexual misconduct against me are entirely false.

Inevitably, there may have been moments in my professional or private life when I may have inadvertently hurt or offended others’ feelings. Whenever I was aware of these instances, I have, and will continue to, apologize to the friends and colleagues in question and to continually learn how to be a better person. Though the damage to my reputation caused by these allegations alone is impossible to undo, I nonetheless take the concerns of the Tor community seriously. To dispel any further rumors, to the best of my knowledge, the Tor network is not ‘compromised.’

I’ve dedicated my life as a journalist, activist, and longtime member of the Tor Project to advocating for the transparency of public processes and to speaking out about the necessity of privacy, security, and anonymity. These are ideals that I will continue to uphold, despite the vicious campaign that is currently being waged against me.

Let's ask ourselves, who gains?
A few actors I can think of includes but is not limited to CIA, NSA, FBI, Google, facebook, every repressive regime in the whole world, every behaviour tracking ad scum on the whole planet, triggered tumblrinas in need of validation that all men are rapists. Anyone I missed?

For now I still think Applebaum is innocent.

No, blowjobs are never gay on the receiving end so the bargain was kept.

github.com/Enegnei/JacobAppelbaumLeavesTor/blob/master/JacobAppelbaumLeavesTor.md

goons

He's not very smart if he willingly allowed himself to pose like that and with a photograph to record it

If you are anti-Trump you are a cuck plain and simple. Doesn't matter where in the world you live. If you would rather see Hillary or Sanders as president of the US you are a massive fucking cuck whose country is probably being flooded with rapefugees right now and doesn't mind.

Jesus Christ you're retarded Holla Forums.
How can you be redpilled when you actually think any difference can be made?
I personally think Hillary will win, since people are already getting tired of Trump, but no matter the outcome, the family unit will continue to disintegrate, the individual repressed, with Israel and America happily keep bugging the rest of the world.
The war was won few generations ago, can you not see or you're too weak to do anything other then to have hope in a false prophet? Trust yourself only.

When did all of this begin?

That's a fancy website.

The guy should sue everyone for slandering him that caused him to resign..

This is character assassination. If he had actually done anything like rape someone, they would provide evidence and begin a police investigation. Instead, they are shit talking him on Twitter and making vague allusions to wrongdoing on his part
(twitter.com/frameslip/status/738813602212118528 - tweetsave.com/frameslip/status/738813602212118528 - archive.is/HIOjr - web.archive.org/web/20160609065854/https:/twitter.com/frameslip/status/738813602212118528)

or simply slandering his character in general (twitter.com/kaepora/status/738789866880786432 - tweetsave.com/kaepora/status/738789866880786432 - archive.is/GW6T0 - web.archive.org/web/20160609070217/https:/twitter.com/kaepora/status/738789866880786432).

Some have accused him of sexual assault not rape - (twitter.com/puellavulnerata/status/738581432893743104 - archive.is/fN88S - tweetsave.com/puellavulnerata/status/738581432893743104 - web.archive.org/web/20160609070443/https:/twitter.com/puellavulnerata/status/738581432893743104)

mentions rape, but not Jacob, (twitter.com/maradydd/status/738802325565755392
- archive.is/Wo1kA - tweetsave.com/maradydd/status/738802325565755392 - tweetsave.com/maradydd/status/738802325565755392 - web.archive.org/web/20160604032909/https:/twitter.com/maradydd/status/738802325565755392)

mentions Jacob and sexual assault, but not rape), but there are no substantiations or evidence.

------------------
There's a good chance that the US intelligence apparatus trying to smear him like they did Assange.

----
(twitter.com/puellavulnerata/status/738831351630180352 - archive.is/AjsT3
web.archive.org/web/20160609064608/https://twitter.com/puellavulnerata/status/738831351630180352 - tweetsave.com/puellavulnerata/status/738831351630180352
)

Here's pretty fun rape joke there from the accuser.

----
(jacobappelbaum.net/ - archive.is/uv7C7 - web.archive.org/web/20160609071128/http://jacobappelbaum.net/ )

the form at the bottom of the page allows you to report stories about the time he tried to rape you. Peeple got in trouble for being basically a platform that would enable you to slander someone. jacobappelbaum.net/ Is just that.

it's you who doesn't know shit. She tweeted a message in it's hash form to show that she wanted to say it before she actually said it. it is like giving a hash of "i predict that tomorrow the lottery number would be 7" and then giving the actual msg that would hash to the prior hash message afterwards to prove that you correctly predicted the lottery number.

Fuck off cuck, you're trying to brainwash us with opposing views to get us to rebel against our master Donald Trump. I will not fall for your Jewish lies. Either you're with us or you're against us.

It's called porn and it's a billion dollar business

The "US intelligence apparatus" doesn't magically make nearly twenty people come forward at once with stories of rape. I'm sure you think that US Intelligence was also responsible for the many women who came forward about Bill Cosby.

It's not character assassination if you do it to yourself.

reddit.com/r/technology/comments/4n9hxj/jacob_applebaum_is_being_character_assassinated/d42tnbv

Nigger, already told you Appelbaum was a fed. If you don't think the feds weren't after the san fran scene for the past 20 years (or even longer), you're brain addled

Or retire him from the san fran scene for work elsewhere. you're gonna see appelbaum re-appear from some "le criminal fight the man" clique in the next few years

remember, the feds have clamped down on california for decades, assange has arguably been a state actor since he was arrested in austrailia in the 90's

Appelbaum is a fucking gay pussy, he's too soft to "rape" anyone.

agree he's always been suspicious as fuck. does this mean the rest of the team are feds too or that they found out and want to get rid of him?

well obviously it's not gay for you but it's pretty gay for him. that was part of the deal

twitter.com/jillbaeh/status/741023991041646592

Where can I find evidence that Jacob is a snitch?

Because they are retarded, plain and simple. They think anarchy means "lol just like, do whatever you want bruh, copigs are kill!", but if we were to implement anarchy at a macro level, you would need some sort of rule enforcement forces. It would probably work very differently to our police, but what I am trying to say is that a police force isn't really against anarchist ideals, unless you are faggot. Someone who is a threat to people is no longer welcome in any society, not even in an anarchist society. I guess they believe lynching mobs are the solution, but they still fear the police about what could happen to them if they were to lynch Applebaum, so they just chose to accept the bad parts of our system to play the victim.

Furthermore, I doubt he chose to rape only strongly anarchist women and expected all of them to not say anything. If he raped all the women they claim to have raped, chances are at least one of them attempted to do something more than posting in a shitty website about their experience.

I'm sorry, but this is starting to look too Assange-y. Or too Strauss-Kahn-y. Or like many other major figure rape accusation cases. Hmm, looks like I'm starting to notice a pattern!

tfw someone is already doing it better than me, with pictures and bold text.

oh well.

pastebin.com/u1Cbh77s

my face screwed up all funny reading this

the entire san fran clique is suspect, as you can see from gamergate/pol/ diggings, the san fran clique is usually funding or giving media exposure to specific things

it all usually leads back to government funded think-tanks/organizations

Back in '09 there was some coverage over appelbaum and his tech history but I have it on my other comp. you really just have to knuckle down and follow all the leads

again, -anything- san fran/ "tech people" related is all fed-sponsored

I suspect the austin clique will become the new thing over the next decade

Anarchy is an horizontal government system, not a "the only rule is, there are no rules!" system. Only edgy teenagers think that.

People have to agree through dialogue on a standard to judge threats and how to respond to them. Since rules mean nothing without enforcement, they have to find a way to enforce them, and here is where the concept of a lynching mob or a dedicated lynching mob willing to get their hands dirty (the police force) comes in play.

Tell me, if anarchy really worked as you say, what would you do if some faggot went around hurting people? Ignore it because that would mean applying rules? Even in small anarchist communes, the most likely outcome would be throwing him out of your territory where he is no longer a threat.

Really, tell me, is any society viable if they let their harmful individuals run around without consequences? What do you do to stop these people from hurting the rest of the group? Does it really matter if the person who carries the enforcement action is an angry mob with torches and forks or if it is a guy whose job is doing exactly that?

I'd trust anything out of Silicon Valley less than the burglar in my house with a crowbar who claims he just needed to go to to the bathroom. It is really suspicious how dual the role of the US federal government is in the Tor project. On the one hand they harass Tor project members, but on the other hand they sponsor development. Does that make any sense to you?

Some articles critical of Tor:

Almost Everyone Involved in Developing Tor was (or is) Funded by the US Government: pando.com/2014/07/16/tor-spooks/ archive.is/LjkWb
How leading Tor developers and advocates tried to smear me after I reported their US Government ties: pando.com/2014/11/14/tor-smear/ archive.is/tI1gy
The NSA Wants You to Trust Tor, Should You?: counterpunch.org/2014/07/18/the-nsa-wants-you-to-trust-tor-should-you/ archive.is/DfJVt

From web.archive.org/web/20140705114447/http://blackhat.com/us-14/briefings.html#you-dont-have-to-be-the-nsa-to-break-tor-deanonymizing-users-on-a-budget: (The talk was cancelled but here is an abstract explaining a lecture intended to be held at BlackHat 2014)

You Don't Have to be the NSA to Break Tor: Deanonymizing Users on a Budget

The Tor network has been providing a reasonable degree of anonymity to individuals and organizations worldwide. It has also been used for distribution of child pornography, illegal drugs, and malware. Anyone with minimal skills and resources can participate on the Tor network. Anyone can become a part of the network. As a participant of the Tor network, you can choose to use it to communicate anonymously or contribute your resources for others to use. There is very little to limit your actions on the Tor network. There is nothing that prevents you from using your resources to de-anonymize the network's users instead by exploiting fundamental flaws in Tor design and implementation. And you don't need the NSA budget to do so. Looking for the IP address of a Tor user? Not a problem. Trying to uncover the location of a Hidden Service? Done. We know because we tested it, in the wild...

In this talk, we demonstrate how the distributed nature, combined with newly discovered shortcomings in design and implementation of the Tor network, can be abused to break Tor anonymity. In our analysis, we've discovered that a persistent adversary with a handful of powerful servers and a couple gigabit links can de-anonymize hundreds of thousands Tor clients and thousands of hidden services within a couple of months. The total investment cost? Just under $3,000. During this talk, we will quickly cover the nature, feasibility, and limitations of possible attacks, and then dive into dozens of successful real-world de-anonymization case studies, ranging from attribution of botnet command and control servers, to drug-trading sites, to users of kiddie porn places. The presentation will conclude with lessons learned and our thoughts on the future of security of distributed anonymity networks.

presented by
Alexander Volynkin & Michael McCord

Backstory here:
Two speakers were going to explain how to de-anonymize the anonymous web. Then they got mysteriously scratched from the program: productio-webloadb-xh7m8u4nserz-641115252.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com/tech/internet/black-hat/ archive.is/iYqGG

Interesting lecture by Gareth Owen:
media.ccc.de/v/31c3_-_6112_-_en_-_saal_2_-_201412301715_-_tor_hidden_services_and_deanonymisation_-_dr_gareth_owen

People in Sillicon Valley are basically Fed/Gov yes;
just like how Wall Street is you know who as well

heh, so both Soros and Koch Brothers have direct links with people in the "hacktivist security tech scene".

Feels like if you dig up the Tor people and where they come from you find the shortlist of the probable Illuminati from the list of sponsors.