Botnet-free CPUs which are not discontinued

Which CPUs to use in the future? I mean, those which are not discontinued.
Intel is officially botnet (because IME).
AMD too.
Who else does x86_64 CPUs?

I ask about x86_64 because the only usable OS, which is OS X, runs only on this arch. But if there's no way for botnet-free x86_64 CPUs to be produced again, then I'm interested in alternatives, because GNU/Linux is somewhat tolerable, and AFAIK it can run on any CPU architecture, because you just compile it yourself.

Other urls found in this thread:

acube-systemsbiz.serversicuro.it/shop/en/sam-motherboards/95-sam460ex.html
aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-loongson-ls3a-2way-server-v1-1-TY-RS780ED-sales-all-kinds-of/32568245442.html
libreboot.org/faq/#intel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Active_Management_Technology
ebay.com/itm/Sun-1-2GHz-8-Core-UltraSPARC-T2-CPU-Module-Memory-Module-541-2754-LVN-SYSTEMS-/122002740548?hash=item1c67ee1544:g:R68AAOSwnNBXTna9),
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemote#Netbook_computers
raptorengineering.com/TALOS/prerelease.php
youtube.com/watch?v=cBdDgJ6-89o
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.en.html
raptorengineering.com/TALOS/op_twbx86.php
ark.intel.com/products/47922/Intel-Xeon-Processor-X5650-12M-Cache-2_66-GHz-6_40-GTs-Intel-QPI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It will run on any architecture that it's ported to. Access to the source code doesn't mean you can compile it for all architectures. That being said, you can expect GNU/Linux to be ported to any major architecture.

Oh yeah, I was meaning something like this.
Architectures which can run GNU/Linux.

FX series by AMD

SH4
SPARC
MIPS

Where do I buy any of this shit?

Why are you selecting for a botnet-free CPU when you want to use a botnet-infested OS?

It's a good thing no matter your OS, but I'm surprised you don't apply the same standards.

VIA

I kek'd hard. Go back to /g/

Stop this meme, it's embarrassing by proxy.

This, wtf?

AMD's Piledriver based CPUs such as the Vishera line and some APUs are safe (unless AMD included the Platform Security Processor on those and never told anyone). Don't know if OS X would run on them or not though given Apple's certified hardware bullshit (unless they stopped doing that), or why you'd want to run OS X but oh well. Your current non botnet (higher end ARM SBCs like the ODROID boards require signed blobs to boot) and non x86 options are rather limited in power compared to discontinued x86 processors or incredibly expensive compared to current high end processors.

vPro or PSP aren't actually a threat, tinfoilers keep making shit up about a 3g chip in the processor - they clearly don't even know the size of a gsm module

Only people who go on about the 3G chip bullshit are those trying to divert discussion away from the real problem with easily disproved bullshit and the useful idiots they get to follow them.

You can buy a T5120 for really cheap now to get SPARC.

NO, I'M NOT SETTING UP A RACK, I REFUSE TO HAVE MY ROOM SLOWLY TURN INTO SOMETHING FROM SE LAIN. DAMN YOU user FOR INFORMING ME OF THAT.

I literally have a stack of computers that goes like this:
Itanium 2 workstation
AMD meme machine
T5120
2003 era Xeon workstation
486 machine
Thinkserver

My advice: go for it.

I already have a nagging urge to build a NAS and possibly host my own email server (which would inevitably lead to hosting other things) and I can just see a stack of devices growing in the corner of my room.

Is it possible to get a fujitsu SPARC64 workstation?

ABSOLUTELY NO SUCH THING

Find the paper, and read the citations-- compromises can be done to /anything/, and /have been/ for decades. Even the Z80, 6800, 6502, 1802 had 'custom-made' versions.

But I think is basically right.
Plus: plenty of side-channel attacks exist which have ZERO to do with CPU arch anyway...
Security (however you choose to define that for yourself) is not a machine. It's a method.

That pic made my day.

Are you retarded? Also, remember if the US government ever manages to set the precedent that they wanted in their recent case against Apple then every police department in the US (and possibly many hackers) could have the ability to do the second.

They're all extremely overpriced for what you get, but that's the cost of going niche.

acube-systemsbiz.serversicuro.it/shop/en/sam-motherboards/95-sam460ex.html

aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-loongson-ls3a-2way-server-v1-1-TY-RS780ED-sales-all-kinds-of/32568245442.html

I use Intel, how is it Botnet?
Can you explain how using Intel is bad?

libreboot.org/faq/#intel

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Active_Management_Technology

Shameful.

What part of "secret backdoor in every CPU" don't you understand? gb2/pol with your 75IQ, m8y.

You really think any company would willingly backdoor every fucking CPU? If they got caught, nobody would buy their shit, for decades. They just wouldn't be trusted.

Let alone, if every CPU is backdoored, why has nobody been v& by it yet?

Not the company but the intelligence agencies.

So you think "the intelligence agencies" have access to all of Intel's internal documentation and cryptographic keys, tool, etc - AND access to the fabrication plant to backdoor every chip?

They proved it was doable without any of that, hurrr.

You just need one employee at a fab to do this. For the NSA/MSS/Mossad/et.al to trojan every CPU being made on the planet would require... oh... maybe 6 people.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Simply saying that a back door done in that way is physically possible is not evidence that every manufacturer is doing that with every CPU they put out.

This tinfoil is a concentrated effort to keep people on weak, outdated, low quality hardware so (((the powers that be))) are the only ones with significant power even in the computer hardware area.

OP is a shill.

It's like you don't even have a teddy bear onesie
>tfw when no teddie bear onesie

Where can I buy a cpu directly. They have to get them from somewhere. There's also the matter of GPU's, 4artzieshit/video-audio editing and vidya

Kek, it doesn't matter if you have the newest dual processor build with the highest end Xeons made and maxed out RAM, you are still going to have a minuscule level of computing power at your disposal compared to large companies and state actors who have data centers filled with thousands of racks of high end servers at their disposal.

Yes, it's not like you can just drop one of those CPUs into an AM3+ or LGA2011 socket.

>>607884Intel (4) - Intel integrated graphics chipsetsME: nothing appropriate.

The modules were usually only distributed with the motherboards and/or servers, though there are some floating around on ebay(ebay.com/itm/Sun-1-2GHz-8-Core-UltraSPARC-T2-CPU-Module-Memory-Module-541-2754-LVN-SYSTEMS-/122002740548?hash=item1c67ee1544:g:R68AAOSwnNBXTna9), but they cost more than a new server itself, so it's your choice here.

x86 is totally compromised. Either get a MIPS Lemote or hold out for one of the PPC projects to go through or get an old as fuck laptop.

Also
top comedy golf wang my dude

The AMD FX is still in production. Micro Center has great deals on them right now, I got a 8350 + motherboard for just $200.

There are also plenty of ARM chips that aren't botnet available as single board computers.

Otherwise, buy either a libreboot laptop, an older x86 system without AMT, or if you really want to avoid X86, a G4 Mac laptop. Avoid anything with any sort of remote management functionality.

NONE

Wait until RISC-V CPUs like lowRISC come out. Then you will partially be free because you still have to worry about everything single other piece of hardware. Have fun, user. ;:^)

Proofs?
I already disabled Spotlight web searches, and of course I am not enabling iCloud shit. What else?

This is precisely the reason I made the thread.
These laptops are crap, and they are going to be extinct gradually. A future-proof solution has to exist.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemote#Netbook_computers
you mean this?
But why does it have so crappy specs? At least, there could be more RAM.

You fucking serious m8? Like 60 percent of OSX is still closed source, like the bootloader for instance

...they're netbooks from 2008 or before, what did you expect for specs? Those specs seem pretty standard for the time.

Your best bet is OPENPOWER.

They have the fastest consumer availiable modern CPUs that are 100% open, blobless and botnet free short of auditing each cpu under a microscope.

raptorengineering.com/TALOS/prerelease.php

Crikey. So where are you getting the performance specs, and more importantly what can you run on them?

Christ I HATE it when the outlet is right up against the edge of the sink. Whoever designs them that way needs to be shot.

What I'd like to see is a OISC machine capable of addressing Gigabytes of memory. It would be extremely slow compared to a regular CPU, but it'd be something you could build yourself.

vid: youtube.com/watch?v=cBdDgJ6-89o

I don't Fujitsu but, lots of SPARC computer are on EBay for only $300 albeit, from a decade ago but, you not need a enterprise sever with literally 2TB or more of RAM (for anyone thinks I'm smoking something when I 2TB+ of RAM, just look up "T5-8 server").

how do these processors hold up for basic tasks such as static content, databases, and email compared to just kicking off an instance on Linode or AWS?

You can run programs that are 100% FOSS along with anything you can compile for PowerPC, and that's about it really.

I designed something like that years ago when I was in 8th/9th grade, but it only had 16 bits of addressable memory with the last 3 bits being reserved for the inputs/output of the ALU (which could only preform binary NAND) and each command would move a single bit.

Also, does anyone ever have a problem with a different post number than the one they clicked to respond to being added to their post?

this

this
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.en.html

Just found the software support list.
Looks fine. Although for video
Kinda sucky. But they claim you can use a particular discrete NVIDIA with Nouveau so it might be alright. It won't be for gaming but I do require SOME video support.

No. You might have gotten botnet'd

The builder has tested it with AMD cards, they tend to work well because the blobs are on the card instead of the driver.

I just had a semi-lucid dream where I had to deal with a Camera CMOS detector having a fabrication-time exploit in it...

An unknown TLA put in a backdoor on the camera chip which a particular Infra-red strobing would enable a first-stage backdoor, and then more high-frequency strobes were encoded with JTAG-esque CPU controls. In the dream I was examining the payload that was uploaded into an iPhone, figuring out enough of the details to be able to create my own exploits--if I had access to how to patch the firmware to make the iPhone do what I wanted (upload pics...)

Interesting stuff user.

lmao go back to /g/ you fucking faggot

format yourself

fuck you you fumb fuckign homo this board i not for you

kys

They also cost a shitload of money and require a portable nuclear powerplant

CPUs are fine, but is there a list of whitelisted network hardware? I mean if it's possible to use the CPU's microcode to spy on your ass, it must be possible to hook an ethernet NIC and use it to gather data.

They could just deliberately introduce vulns into their CPUs, and have a big chance that nobody will they did it intentionally. But every CPU is already full of vulns and value-adds which should be assumed to be vulnerable. hammerwhatever for RAM (where you can write to memory you don't have access to by touching memory you do have access to) is the same shit. The real problem is that the computer industry is a shithole. Everything is completely broken, so calling stuff botnet is jumping the gun, except when it isn't, but it's still redundant.

yes.

They are expensive, but where are you getting the electricity requirements from? They don't list that, only TDP.

You mean rowhammer.

Does the Atom series include the ME now too? I remember it didn't a few years ago.

raptorengineering.com/TALOS/op_twbx86.php
Interesting video about OpenPOWER, and issues with other architectures, notably the absolute shit state of x86 for freedom. Also
YOW. But I'm assuming the TALOS will be considerably less. I really hope so.

Couldn't you just have more than one computer and not enter private information into your insecure system?

Why disregard discontinued CPUs? Some time soon you will have no options left if you keep that requirement

Somebody in another thread mentioned the Intel Xeon x5650 as a memeprocessor

It seems to fit the requirements here

ark.intel.com/products/47922/Intel-Xeon-Processor-X5650-12M-Cache-2_66-GHz-6_40-GTs-Intel-QPI

No AMT
It apparently overclocks very well
It is cheap now
It supports ECC (this is good if you remember rowhammer)
It supports VT-d (PCI passthrough) and other virtualization technologies that Intel is still kikey about putting on some CPUs even way more recently

Negatives?

I still haven't done research into the motherboards available, some are server mobos without slots for high end video cards.

Looks good though and cheap, and not too slow if you overclock it. Six cores

shit, I hadn't considered this. I've been waiting for Zen, but if I got a used xeon, it wouldn't have the backdoor shit and it would still be an upgrade over my phenom ii.

does an old i7 also fit this category?

I don't know, about the I7's.

The Xeon has a ton of information available about overclocking though, and although it used to be near $1000 (a long time ago) it is now less than $70 used on Ebay.

I'm considering it myself because it has a lot of features I want, and my current desktop features a much shittier Core2Duo (yeah yeah, I know, poorfag etc etc)

I always stay behind the curve these days and the x5650 looks compelling to me.

If I do some more research into motherboard options I'll reply here, and if you do the same first, please reply

:replying again so sage

It looks like many people put the Xeon into consumer motherboards that also support I7 from that era, if that helps. Too late for me to be more specific but yeah it looks like you can use the Xeon with same motherboards as I7 from same era.

Now I'm curious exactly where the Xeon differentiates itself from same era I7s and if it's a good value in comparison.

shit, forgot sage

an i7 with the same core count and clock speed should have 1:1 performance with a Xeon.

Nice try JIDF.

We know all about your (((management engine)))