A Series of Unfortun Ate Events

What did he mean by this?

Just kidding, I know what he meant by that, I read the books. What do you faggots think about this, or are you too jaded to enjoy a good children's tale? Comments, complaints, compliments? Hype for season two? Lack of hype, and telling OP to fuck off? Discuss it below.

wooooowwwwwwwwww ignore this thread but at least put something in the subject of your other threads so I can find it when I control+f the catalog

No one watches this garbage.

where is that goddamn thing

Its been a long time since I read those books. Why are they turning it into a tv series now? Nostalgia? Because I don't know if the books are even popular anymore, or have been, for years.

The only reason to watch the film was to jack your dick off as a 14 yr old to her.

uh

sure

Is it me or did Jim Carrey look better as Count Olaf. No offense to NPH I just have a hard time imagining him as the count.

It's because Jim is tall and lanky. Neil is a manlet.

I just finished the first two episodes. The T.V. series hits all the dialogue decently, but it is soulless: Even NPH seems like he's phoning it in. It is a very passive take on the characters and is less creative than the '04 counterpart.
Jim Carrey really chewed the scenery in the movie, but he at least put passion into the evil bits (in his own way). NPH just seems to put on the Dreamworks smug face. I did enjoy the moments when they put in the extra bits about the parents/other members of the VFD (of course, they have the benefit of it being years after the books were finished though).

why not? he's a terrible human being

I've never seen anything he's been in, so this was my first time being exposed to him. Not impressed. Is he really a bad person?

well he is gay

That's a given.

Because we needed another thread to discuss this shit adaptation, right? The movie was better, this show is forced garbage, A PROPER TV/MULTI-MOVIE RENDITION OF THE BOOKS NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER FUCKING NEVER

I remember liking the books when I was younger. I don't remember a single thing about them though.
I do remember that the film was utter garbage though.

Feel free to stop being wrong any time.

Tbh I wish I was the boy actor and got to sleep next to that cute girl in a single bed.

I am waiting for them to start dating in the show.

Also if the mom and father act like the brother and sister the does that mean they will eventually date? Or do the kids have to marry someone autistic like them if they even exist?

Also you think she gave him a blowjob to feel better after he got smacked? Is there any hentai of this show yet?

The only thing good about it was Jim Carrey, and that's simply because he's already a creepy enough fucker to simply show up on set and act like himself in order to portray Olaf.

Why is NPH a terrible human being?

It's not the worst adaptation I've seen, but I don't know how to feel about them just outright showing the VFD members and that the parents are alive.
In the books, that shit didn't crop up until much later and they only say that one of the parents COULD have survived and gone off on their own.

Well thanks for informing me immediately that it's trash and never to watch it.

No problem, fam.