Newfag test

What is the oldest meme you remember?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HXWQIiFxjbc
cracked.com/article_19119_7-memes-that-went-viral-before-internet-existed_p2.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I herd you liek mudkips

saw that on kelly's heroes..

what's from originally?

is badger badgerbadger a meme?

I think it was a USAF meme, engineers used to write it in awkward places on planes.

From World War I.

There are older memes though

Religion

damn beat me to it

There are memes older than religion.

Morality.

Hampster Dance

shelter construction

drawing dicks on the wall

clothing

These are not memes, these are tangible necessities.

I guess you could say… memes are spooks.

you fucking faggot
"Meme" is a behavioral patters that is not inherently genetic, and spreads through mimicry or teaching.
"eating food" or "having sex" is not a meme, because every living being will do that instinctively.
"wearing clothes" or "constructing artificial shelter" are necessities, but they don't come from instinct, instead had to be invented and are repeated ever since.

Almost everything you do in your life is technically a meme.

Eating the tastiest food instead of the most nutritious food?

well, probably a bit of both.
A lot of food is "tasty" because of high fat/sugar content, which are very good energy sources. The positive response to them is purely genetic.
Although with things like beer, dork chocolate or pickles vegetables, which appear disgusting at first and you have to "acquire the taste", it's probably memetic.

This one goes back DECADES!!

looks like saarlac

I changed my mind.

I think tge oldest possible meme would have to be the spoken word.

Beyond "angry grunts" and "soothing whines" or other gutteral sounds. A system of grunts in a specific order tgat carried more meaning than the noise they made. Two fast grunts for yes, acough and a whine for no, an undulation of vocal tone that indicated that a place was safe.

Is it possible to have memes older than higher order communication?

get on my level plebians

Sure, some of them can be based on simple imitation.
One ape-man can wrap himself in a bear skin, and when others see he does not get cold, they follow. No need for him to explain his reasoning.

I think primitive tool/weapon use (hitting an animal with a blunt stick) might predate spoken language.

xD

That's true, visual communication would be simpler than oral communication.

Perhaps Dance is the oldest meme?

Honestly, it's hard to tell. I think the general idea of "playing" might be something that actually evolved from instinctive action into a meme.

So where do we draw the line?

At what point does instinct turn into learned behavior?

does charlie the unicorn count as a meme?

keks

Dunno. Did you hear what nasa found on their little rover on mars? Water! They found water on mars.

Gay. Have they found any memes on Mars yet?

every bad thing about 4chan and therefore Holla Forums can be blamed on (((dominic fera)))

I remember when it was a funny meme to pretend my little pony was actually a good show, but then autists who didn't understand how absurd and embarrassing it is to admit to watching a little girl's show as a grown man, and who didn't get the joke at all took it literally and now we have bronies. This is actually the funniest and most successful meme ever created; by accident at that. It didn't even have to be forced, just slightly pushed and it ended up fueling itself off pure autism.

why, tho?

test

Weird, it seems that I can't send the post I wrote for some reason, ever time it gives me an error. I tried copying and posting it in different threads, but it always fails. And when I try to post other stuff, it works.
What is it, Holla Forums, are my ideas too subversive?

I think the oldest meme I can remember is multiculturalism.

Funny, I'd clear your cookies, I haven't turned around and gotten more than like an error or two a week, and I post somewhere around a 100 or more times on this site daily.

Supreme meme coming through
Israel (/ˈɪzreɪəl/ or /ˈɪzriːəl/; Hebrew: יִשְׂרָאֵל‎‎ Yisrā'el; Arabic: إِسْرَائِيل‎‎ Isrāʼīl), officially the State of Israel (Hebrew: מְדִינַת יִשְׂרָאֵל‎‎ Medīnat Yisrā'el [mediˈnat jisʁaˈʔel] ( listen); Arabic: دولة إِسْرَائِيل‎‎ Dawlat Isrāʼīl [dawlat ʔisraːˈʔiːl]), is a country in the Middle East, on the southeastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea and the northern shore of the Red Sea. It has land borders with Lebanon to the north, Syria to the northeast, Jordan on the east, the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and Gaza Strip[8] to the east and west, respectively, and Egypt to the southwest. It contains geographically diverse features within its relatively small area.[9][10] Israel's financial center and technology hub is Tel Aviv.[11] Jerusalem is the proclaimed capital, although Israeli sovereignty over Jerusalem is internationally unrecognized.[note 1][12][13]

On 29 November 1947, the United Nations General Assembly adopted a Partition Plan for Mandatory Palestine. This specified borders for new Arab and Jewish states and an area of Jerusalem which was to be administered by the UN under an international regime.[14][15] The end of the British Mandate for Palestine was set for midnight on 14 May 1948. That day, David Ben-Gurion, the executive head of the Zionist Organization and president of the Jewish Agency for Palestine, declared "the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz Israel, to be known as the State of Israel", which would start to function from the termination of the mandate.[16][17][18] The borders of the new state were not specified in the declaration.[15][19] Neighboring Arab armies invaded the former British mandate on the next day and fought the Israeli forces.[20][21] Israel has since fought several wars with neighboring Arab states,[22] in the course of which it has occupied the West Bank, Sinai Peninsula (1956–57, 1967–82), part of Southern Lebanon (1982–2000), Gaza Strip (1967–2005; still considered occupied after 2005 disengagement) and the Golan Heights. It extended its laws to the Golan Heights and East Jerusalem, but not the West Bank.[23][24][25][26] Efforts to resolve the Israeli–Palestinian conflict have not resulted in peace. However, peace treaties between Israel and both Egypt and Jordan have successfully been signed. Israel's occupation of Gaza, the West Bank and East Jerusalem is the world's longest military occupation in modern times.[note 2][28]

nah it was used as far as i can tell exclusively a western front thing, although i believe the actual origins are much older. it was mostly just a mark GI's put wherever they went so it doubled as a kinda hobo language identifier of safe areas.

whatever happened to those guys? i knew one of them got busted pretty hard for a rape/murder/both and thats the last i ever heard of them.

i wish broodwar was still more active.

It's aFAKE

This thing.
Make an S
Protip: you can

i tried

Same. As mentioned, it's especially weird since it seemed to be tied to the content of the post - the same text in a different thread did not work either.

how facist, you nazi .̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̍̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̍̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̍̍̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̎̎̎̎̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̎̎̎̍̍̍.̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̍̎̎̍̍.̍̎̎̎̍̍̍̎̎̎̍̎̎̎̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̍̎̍̍.̍̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̍̍̍̎̍.̍̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̎̎̎̎̍.̍̍̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̎̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̎̍̎̎.̍̍̎̎̍̎̎̍̍̍̎̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̍̎.̍̍̍̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̎̍̎̍̍̍̍̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̍̎.̍̍̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̍̍̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎.̍̍̍̍̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̎̎̎̍̎̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎.̍̍̍̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̍̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎.̍̍̍̍̍̎̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̍.̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̍̎̎̍̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̎̎̎̍̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̎̎̎̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̍̍̎̎̎̍̎̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̍̎̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̍̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̎̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̍̎̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̍̎̍̎̎̎̎̍̎̎̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̎̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̍̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̎̍̎̎̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̍̎̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̎̍̍̎̍̍̍̍̎̎̍̎̎̍̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̍̎̎̎̍̎̎̍̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̍̎̍̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̍̍̍̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍.̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̎̎̎̎̎̎̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍

loss.nig

get on my level, young'uns

This

What hangs at a man's waist and wants to poke the hole it's often poked before?
A: A key

here come dat meme

FRODO LIVES

Stop trying to confuse us with new memes that have gone stale, Satan.

Also, calling out 666 posts

I remember that thread

youtube.com/watch?v=HXWQIiFxjbc

Really?? are you fucking 12 faggot that is a newfag meme and on top of that its a Tumnlr meme get the fuck out.

I am Boxxy you see.

Desu

That "3D" dancing baby. Not even gonna look for it though.

Nevermind, found it in thread.

So in essence you DID look for it

What's 4chan?

Lord Fagottini

I'm so old, I remember the days before Nintendo!

Nintendo was founded in 1889 m8, that's well over 100 years ago

I watched this way back when I was a little guy

How old is lolicatgirls? I remember seeing it in 2007 when I first discovered 4chan but I'm sure its older.

Green Frog. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

cracked.com/article_19119_7-memes-that-went-viral-before-internet-existed_p2.html

oldest one on there i recognized was abracadabra

who gives a shit where the article is from its relevant you dumbshit

Stating your sources is an academically-correct proceedure

this is a image board and we are pulling historical memes out of our ass for fun, we arent even having a debate right now you dumb autistic piece of shit

I scrolled down before posting. I know, Im retarded.

I'm triggered

Let's see here…
Kilroy was here was before 4chan.
Brb - soup.
Desu Desu Desu Desu
Op is a fag
Sage goes in the email field (or my personal Sage goes in all fields).
Rickroll
That discololicats roll meme that I forgot the name of. (They would tell you that it was CP, but is was just some fucking street disco animation.)
Duckroll
banhammer

I'm pretty sure that those all predate the mudkips meme.