Would it have saved the film?

Would it have saved the film?

No it wouldn't have. Though I was liking it at first for following up a bit on that guy before the arm rifp off.

How about if the movie were exactly the same up to the end fight, only Kylo effortless slices her arm off with one strike as soon as it begins

disgusting

I fucking hate J J.

Honestly, during the Kylo fight I thought it would be Luke that force pulls the lightsaber out of the snow.

I watched the last Q&A with Mark Hamill and he said when he read the script the first time he thought so too.
Then he finished the script and realized they hired him for a 5 second cameo.

it's almost like a bioware game

J J literally said his favorite Star Wars thing ever was Knight's of the Old Republic, so it was genuinely inspired by Bioware. No matter how you look at TFA, you can always find a new reason to hate it.

I feel dumb I didn't see such a thing coming, given that they were so clearly setting that up. Even though it didn't happen for some reason.

It makes her look more vulnerable, but poses more inaccuracies because she takes down stronger people later.
So it actually makes it worse.

How about instead of another fucking death star and Rey being mary sue, Kylo Ren breaks Rey and get the location to Luke. They then head to the Jedi Temple planet where the Resistance is there because R2D2 never was offline and they just needed Rey's map. As the FO assaults the planet, Rey escapes the FO with actual help fron Finn and Han and they head to Luke's location. As they look around the planet they find the temple but Luke isn't there. Kylo Ren then lands on the planet, slaughters the resistance where Finn and Jumping Bean fight the Stormtroopers while Rey fights Kylo Ren only to have her ass kicked and as Kylo tries to force pull Luke's lightsaber, it flies to Luke. Kylo Ren shits his pants, get his ass kicked by Luke and retreats because of the poorly damaged fleet.
Han never dies, the original trio interact one last time as Rey starts her Jedi training.
The End, I fucking hate J.J.

Because it was JJ's fate to make the worst Star Wars film ever made. It's a sort of karmic joke on the part of the universe. JJ and his buddies are some of the most staunch Prequel hating plebs, it's only fair that when he's given his shot at doing a Star Wars flick he totally fumbles and makes the biggest piece of shit imaginable.

They should have just called it "A Newer Hope".

It's like pottery, it may not rhyme but sure funny as shit to watch.. :v

I like it because it shows that Chewbacca can rip arms off.

Chewy not going fucking apeshit when Han died was dumber than anything else this movie had done.

How about Leia comforting Rey and ignoring Chewie when Han dies?

I don't get all the crying at Rey kicking Kylo's ass.

We established that she was skilled stickfighter, and his style of swordplay was basically a toddler tantrum with a lightsaber.

He probably didn't kill all of Luke's Jedi himself, and by the looks of it didn't get much saber training from him, and canonically none from Snoak. THX-1138 held up as well as he did because he's a lifetime slave-soldier, like a Mamluk, and probably had at least baton training.

As for any of them being Mary Sues, I think that was the idea, all the characters are kids who have grown up with the legends and are to some extent trying to emulate the classic trilogy's heroes and villains. There's a Tarkin, a Vader, a Palpatine, two Han Solos and a Luke. Probably a couple of Boba Fetts, too.

Nothing she does feels remotely earned. Everyone else struggles, she just immediately knows how to do everything a jedi can do with no training, she can pilot the millenium falcon better than han solo, and she's always smiling this giant horrendous horse maw congratulating herself the whole way.

Her only flaw is that they hired a reydiculously ugly actress for the character, and that makes all her annoying mary sue shit that much more annoying, because it makes it feel like every mary sue we're ever read walked onto the screen and took everything over.

Years ago I sat in this X-Men RP on IMVU specifically to cap everything and post it on half/v/. The characters all fell into one of three categories. Category 1: "I'm a clone/the son of all the most powerful characters. I have Magneto's powers, and the Phoenix's powers plus the Human Torch's powers and Wolverine's powers!" Category 2: "I'm the sister of this popular character, and I have all her powers except I'm more skilled at using them, plus I stole her boyfriend and all the characters want to have sex with me." Category 3: "I'm just here because I have a weird sexual fetish which I've designed my powers around and by taking part in this setting you all have to take my sexual desires seriously and integrate them into your story." Ex: There was a masochistic werewolf guy who needed to be whipped and spanked mercilessly or he would lose hcontrol of his powers and transform into a beast that killed everyone, or a guy with a vore fetish might have a power to shrink to microscopic size and harm opponents from the inside but "uh-oh, I'm getting dissolved by stomach acid now that I'm in here!!!"

It would be fine if she was just competent at everything, but she's better than everyone at things there's no explanation for her to be good at. You can write a Rey for any fandom. Ex:

LotR: Reyvan is the half-hobbit secret daughter of Aragorn whose blood was tainted by Sauron at birth but because she was so powerful she took over his consciousness!! Unbeknownst to everyone Sauron made more other better rings, a set called The Two Rings! But most everyone didn't know because they're dumb, but Reyvan could see because of her control of Sauron's spirit! Now she has the rings which let her become invisible ut also let her control all the kings and also give her super strength plus she can fly and go through walls, and she has a dagger that glows a different color for every race on middle-earth & + it talks!!! And she travels with a fellowship of human princes, some Elves who stayed behind and some young Dwarves, and they all wanna be her boyfriend! Ooooooh!"

Try it. Just take the main character, remove all their flaws and struggles, amplify their powers times 10, make them a girl, make everyone want to have sex with them, and think like a girl with autism.

These fellows are the highest order of gentlemen.

You could have ended your post there.

Just compare Rey with Luke. He's a country boy that goes in a huge adventure, makes some new friends with different skills and personalitties, learn new techniques from his mentor but still isn't strong enough to take on the main bad guy, which results in getting his mentor killed.

Now Rey… she's good at everything, she kicks the living shit out of multiple men twice her size and probably twice her weight in muscle mass only, with no explanation of how and why.

Luke only became a good fighter and skilled Jedi in episode 6. After going through numerous adventures and intensive training with Yoda. Rey on the other hand is good at everything without ever putting effort into it… but now that I think of it, that's the perfect definition of a female power fantasy.

I would respond if i could get past the cokehead psycho playing the lead role.

In present company perhaps, but I guarantee any place the movie has fans if you leave it at that, they'll say the criticism is meaningless and demand an explanation.

I know. Was just pointing how that sentence nailed the issue.

chew is female.

Is that a real thing? Another remade scene from ANH?
Why would Chewie be that violent?

Oh god that was an awful scene. I don't understand how no one during pre-production, filming or editing didn't think that it didn't make sense.

How did he find them?

It's a line from ANH.

Wookies pulling arms out of sockets.