Cyberpunk

Playing Deus Ex (human revolution) for the first time and holy fuck i'm absolutely loving this shit. I regret not playing it earlier, the world is so amazing! I just got into this whole future/"cyberpunk" type stuff and i'm fascinated by it.

Anyway would you all have any recommendations for movies, shows, games, books etc for this genre? I love Bladerunner, and just watched my first anime because of the genre (Serial Experiments Lain)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism_in_fiction
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, it is tackling the dumb issue of transhumanism, so anything that has to do with that.

it falls apart at the end, and unless you have DLC there is no new game+, so you won't be able to play around with all the augmentations

Whatever you do, make sure you take the bazooka modification, or it will fuck you up later.

Yeah but if you start a new game after you beat it you do get all your praxis points you had at the end of the game in your new game though, so you basically have all the augs straight from the beginning.

That is the point. Enjoy the game first time around, then dick around being OP in the second time around.
There are areas with loot you can't get to without certain augmentations.

yeah there are some garages with laser grids that i can't get past right now,

laser grids that trigger gas*

Play Deus Ex 's original game, just Deus Ex

also, read Snow Crash

Then Neuromancer

Watch uhh…..

ooh, what was it

Ghost in the Shell

I started writing a bit of transhumanist bullshit, but it never made it totally out of me. It was a great story. Hiveminds, transhumanism, AI, the woyks. With space operatic qualities. Fucking quality, I tells yeh.

I'm trying to think of other things to feed you. It's hard while drunk and high. Do you ever notice how alcohol kills novel thought, allowing you to mess with old thought but making truly novel thought formation nigh impossible? It does so for me. Stimulants are better for that but barely. I prefer mild stimulants and psychedellics. But I consume a shit ton of whatever's around me, generally alcohol. Funny how I do it against my own interests, both logical and feeling.

Regardless, there's a short story out there
Rat - James P. Kelly

I can't think of anything…. OOH!
eh, nvm

this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism_in_fiction

Blade Runner

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk

whatever. I love you. I love this game. Keep it up

Check out /cyber/

Such a stupid term. I miss real punks back in the 80's who were actually against the system. Stop attaching "punk" to things that you think are hip, fucking faggots.

kys

Oh boy I've spotted the tryhard

Go preach about your false rebellion somewhere else

Cry more kek

Judging by the photos that have been released Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna be fucking dope;
not sure if these are official photos but if they are im fucking excited for this game

I've ben on there a few times before, its alright but full of tryhards

its incredibly cringy at times

cyberpunk has been shit since Neuromancer

i guess thats all subjective. things have always been the same, only difference is nowadays you have try hards who bitch and moan about how great things used to be

its hilarious

bro, pls

pic related

original deus ex is a bit boring by today's standards in that non-lethal isn't encouraged and there are no melee takedowns. That was a letdown

Is it? I'm starting off with the third one but plan to play 1 & 2 after i beat this one.

Don't listen to him it may not be modern but its easily the best game of all time. It rewards you by reacting to your playstyle, changing things big and little. It's the sort of game that you'll have a lot more fun with if you try and stick to a particualr role that you decide on each playthrough.

This was me about 2 years ago and the feeling hasn't stopped. You view the world differently now. Online and off. You can find the full audiobook for Neuromancer on YouTube, I'd start there. Check out /cyber/ here on Holla Forums. Lurk lots, learn the lingo. Have a schway day chummer.

Checked

I'm playing it now and its a lot harder than 1& 2 thatys for sure

wew

Checked

Ramez Naam's books are supposed to be good. Nexis, Crux, and (umm, something else with an x in it), are a trilogy based on some concept of upgraded humans.

nice im gonna look into that, i've noticed i prefer when the content is in the future but not incredibly far. Like i absolutely love the timeline in Deus Ex, but i can also appreciate games like Halo that are in 2500 and shit

The F.E.M.A is too hard to beat for me.

I never finished Human Revolution. I found the first one so much more interesting.

I never beat the first boss.

yeah i'm currently at the level where you are about to kill Burke, the FEMA guys have great armor

if im not mistake the first boss is Barrett (pic related) right? He was definitely hard as fuck the first time i fought him, but it gets incredibly easy if you use your surroundings. I;ve beat him a few times n different ways, you can throw the gas canisters around you and then when he's gassed throw the explosive barrels at him.

or you can make it really quick and just activate the two robot turrets, they take him out quick as fuck

I've tried that but I'm not fast enough, I also don't have combat augs. Beside hand combat. I GUESS i'll just try again.

Can't believe it's years since I had this games I'm still at the same boss.

If you have the run/jump augs just run around and hide behind shit while throwing projectiles, he's pretty easy to evade

Which augs do you have?

Bump

Bump>>6072927
I have no Idea wtf was wrong with me when I was 15.

But i almost only took cranium augs.

This is what I have.

oh nice well try to upgrade the augs that help you run for longer distances and also upgrade your dermal armor i see its 0/4

when fighting Barrett remember to use the explosive barrels and gas canisters that are in the room you're in, they help A LOT

kek i did the exact opposite i basically ignored the cranium augs besides the CASIE aug

Great thread. I have a fetish for cyberpunk. Deus EX HR was a great game and I can't wait to play MD

I only have 1 point to upgrade available. So I'll save twice with both augs you suggested.

Yeah no, game hand out points like the government hands out welfare. I had everything but the vision enhancing shit by the end. Morons should have given out points based on objectives achieved, not for finding keys, hacking the same lock that you just found a key for, bonus points for silent takedowns as well as being unseen and even more bonus for nonlethal.

May you be blessed.

Watch Evangelion next.

Cyberbump

Cyber +punk=cyberpunk

sighber af

You don't want to use your eyes to buy up your BTC using your fraudulently purchased Amazon vouchers, chummer.

RAISON INSIDE
CAN'T WAKE UP
RIRRUUUUUU

1 is hard as hell sometimes. 2 sucks shit, don't play it.

thank you spooky ougi

Play the first Deus Ex. The graphics are bad but the story is amazing and the gameplay is more polished.

''thank you spooky ougi"

So some user recommended Ender's Game in a previous Cyberpunk thread, and I bought the Blu-ray. Concepts and production were top notch, but the writing was hilariously hokey at times, making it the newest movie for me to make MST3K-style wisecracks while it's playing.

I also bought into the 4k meme and got the 4k Blu-ray. the special effects were laser-sharp, but the actors were a little softer. Whether it was filmed in 1080 with 4k special effects is anybody's guess. In short, don't do it just yet.

i'm actually playing it now and duuuude i don't know if its cause i've never played this game before but it is fucking hard, way harder than Human Revolution.

I'm still at the beginning where you're at the Statue Of Libery but i've died a fuck ton of times already.

yeah tell me about it i got this game a few days ago and i'm still on the first level kek i don't remember habving this much trouble with HR

would you recommend it? People always mention it in this threads buti never gave it a shot. This is why i torrent movies beore i buy them though lol

Usually the stealthier, tech-oriented style of play is easier than the shoot-em play style, for me anyway.

Actually yes, I haven't read the book yet, so I can't make any comparisons, since I can look way past hokey writing in favor of the core concepts and messages of the movie, as well as that awesome technical skill. Definitely worth a torrent, and if you want to drop brouzouf, just get the 1080p Blu-ray. Everything will look more consistent.

Well, I didn't have enough time to keep hacking can and knocking out dudes.

you are seriously shit tier OP.

I found the tryhard

Just bumping to see if the word *​*​*​* censored.

thats when the auto unlocking device comes in handy, or if you dont have any at least the cloak aug to give you a few seconds to hack

Cyber punk > cyber junk

lets get some movie recommendations going