Now that the dust has settled we can finally agree these are 10/10 movies

Now that the dust has settled we can finally agree these are 10/10 movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/16715698/Straw_DogsThoughts_on_Humans_and_Other_Animals_John_Gray
thepiratebay.org/torrent/8155930/John_Gray_-_Straw_Dogs__Thoughts_on_Humans_and
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because we needed yet another meme thread.

First one was meh
Second was good
3rd was absolutely 10/10

TPM was good. Anakin's whiny behavior in 2 and 3 is indefensible.

Second is my favourite

He was raised by celibate monks, and his mother was raped by sand niggers. It is defensible.

Are jedis x-tians?

We can agree that you should go back to >>>/reddit/

derail attempt 1

Just because life is hard is no reason to be a sperging faggot all the time.

literally, I did some research and there are posts on r/starwars talking about how they defend prequels on half/tv/ threads, they probably post here too

Still waiting for you to explain why they're bad movies.

only the clone wars one by gendy was good

I agree with him being abysmal in the second one, although I don't really know if it was Geroges script, or Christensen lack of talent.
Or both.

I enjoyed watching the Phantom Edit versions of the first two.

Phantom Menace's story structure is true to Star Wars in it's "unlikely companions traveling the galaxy on a daring mission" plot but falls down on it's lack of a main character to act as a bridge between the audience and the Star Wars universe. In the original movie, Luke worked as the audience's vessel because he doesn't know too much about the outside world and is experiencing most of the strange things in the movie for the first time along with the audience. It also helped that he turned up near the start of the movie and is consistently present throughout. Phantom Menace lacks this narrative tool in it's storytelling and suffers as a consequence. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are both too familiar with the world and distant from normal human beings with their jedi mysticism to serve as a bridge for the audience. Anakin can't do it because he doesn't even appear until halfway through the movie and is also too familiar with the world to be relatable to adults or children.

Attack of the Clones has some strong visual moments and others that are marred by too much fakery. It presents two separate stories, one half being Obi-Wan's mystery solving and the other being Anakin's attempt at character development, both of which are flawed by the continuing problem of following unrelatable characters. Another problem is that Hayden Christensen doesn't understand his own character very well leading to a variable performance. Ewan McGregor's hair in this movie is also quite terrible.

Revenge of the Sith is probably the strongest installment of the trilogy. The costume design is much better and the actors (especially Christensen) start to give better performances although not enough to make them relatable. It still lacks a strong main character to bridge the world and the audience, and the story deviates from the adventurous style of Star Wars with it's focus being around one location. I appreciate Lucas's attempts to make Anakin's fall tragic and sympathetic but doesn't go far enough for it to really work; just minutes after we see Anakin struggling with his questionable but understandable decision to save Sheev, he's suddenly shown preparing to murder children which puts an end to any sympathy or pity the audience may have otherwise felt.

All of the prequels feel like they were just a few redrafts short of a good story. It took Lucas at least six script drafts and extensive rewrites based on technological limitations to refine the original Star Wars movie into it's successful final form and this level of diligence and planning should have been replicated for the prequels.

lol aka "i just happened to be browsing the starwars subreddit"
Prequel haters confirmed for redditors.

With the script he was given, can you blame him?

I unironically think that prequels are no better or worse than the original trilogy.
Same tacky story.
Same cardboard cutout characters.
Same retarded lore.

Just that the OT had better execution and a simpler story.

I pretty much only like the video games.

this fucking thread again

I liked the first one visually the most.

The second for its galaxy spanning warfare/the larger scope than other star wars

The raw emotion behind the third film was amazing. Got goosebumps when I saw the order enacted

The Phantom Menace is 9/10

Attack of the Clones is 8/10

Revenge of the Sith is 10/10

End of the day though, they're all great.

The poster art is nice, I'll give it that. You don't see good movie posters any more

True dubs. Do movies need more Drew Struzan style posters?

They are all meh, but at least they added more to the Star Wars universe than The Farce Awakens

The movies themselves are pretty shit on their own but they expanded the universe and they actually tried something new which automatically makes them better than anything Disney and JewJew could ever shit out. They did give us Sheev and the clone troopers after all.

Yes, they're all great. I even have a hard time deciding which one I like the most because they have so much going for them.

This reminds me of the redditard who got caught sockpuppeting on the Better Call Saul reddit to falseflag away the arguments used to criticize the show as redditors hating it on Holla Forums. Keep in mind this involved our Holla Forums and half/tv/. He was literally autistic enough to screencap the reddit threads he was sockpuppetting in, present it on the Holla Forums thread currently bashing the show and replying to posters with, "see, you're using a reddit argument so you must be from reddit and it doesn't apply." When pointing out that it was the same 3-4 reddit accounts over and over, dumbass thought he could pretend that wasn't true.

Plebbitfags will go great lengths to both hide their usage of and reliance on reddit. Gotta give the guy points for trying to exploit reddit stigma but what it came down to was his inability to sockpuppet properly. Nevermind the fact that the show is fucking terrible,

Episodes 2, 3, 5, and the ending of episode 6 are the core, and relevant parts of the Star Wars story. The rest is there just as a prologue or world building or filler.

I was about to argue with you because I really enjoy Episode 1 and 4, but you're kind of right.

Did that really happen?
Holy shit, I should've lurked those threads more often.

this stupid meme needs to stop.

I'd call you a faggot, but no one can ever utter an insult more offensive than the role God has chosen for you.

Why do RLM cucks get this triggered over prequels?

I feel bad for people like you.

Because it challenges their identity which they have built up partly around hating George and the prequels. Now I love the prequels and consider them kinos but I don't define myself by it, only posterboys for eugenics do that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Prequel haters don't even actually watch movies. The best American films I saw in 2016 were Silence, The Neon Demon, The Witch, Hacksaw Ridge, and Nocturnal Animals. I bet you RLM cucks have only seen the super hero movies and Rogue One.

Nigger that is just awful taste all around.

I did like The Witch though, really enjoyed it, one of the most atmospheric horror films since The Shining

Please elaborate.

all christfag films are shit

It was the same old gay as fuck stick to muh principles defying the world christian movie bullshit.

No wonder you fucking morons hate the prequels. I can't be mad at you for being mentally retarded.

Wow, you're so edgy and enlightened by your own intelligence. Two thousand years of culture you're just flushing down the toilet because you obviously know better because the progressive Jews that seem like really cool and hip people told you so.

It had its place but it has become a negative to resisting the forces trying to drag down western civilization. The Christians badly need to clean house and refocus on resisting their traditional enemies. Getting that dildo off the throne in the Vatican would be a nice start.

I'm actually praising the prequels and shitting on the haters ITT.
Guess some people like you can like both shit and chocolate.

you got me there, not that I'm proud of it

the PT is not bad though and infinitely superior to Disney's garbage

Your criticism of Hacksaw Ridge was that it's just another Christcuck film but it wasn't that at all. It was a war movie about a man who refused to kill, who refused to compromise his morals, his beliefs, the Christian stuff was just the paint that was used, but it wasn't the frame or the structure of it. If you want to classify it as anything, it's closest to an Ayn Rand story, like The Fountainhead or something like that.

I apologize for calling you a retard, if you like the Prequels you're obviously not a pleb. I'm curious to hear a more in depth criticism of Hacksaw from you.

Fuck the western patriarch honestly. Now the jews have done a fine job subverting the faith but the true tradition is the antidote we need to the modernistic values which has weakened the West to the point it has become suicidal. Humanism and so forth are corruptions of the true ideals of the faith.
It more or less is western civilization.

Have you read Straw Dogs by John Gray, in it he really paints the picture of how Secular Humanism is bastardized Christianity without the context, and how it's possibly the most disgusting religion to have ever been created. Make no mistake Humanism is a religion.

No I haven't, seems interesting though. Is the filmatization any good?

Wait, kek, the film with the same name has nothing to do with the book. Nevermind. Will pick up the book though.

Lol, yeah, the movies have nothing to do with it, give me a sec and I'll find a pdf for you. John Gray is one of the few objective modern day philosophers out there.

Here's an epub

thepiratebay.org/torrent/16715698/Straw_DogsThoughts_on_Humans_and_Other_Animals_John_Gray

Here's a pdf

thepiratebay.org/torrent/8155930/John_Gray_-_Straw_Dogs__Thoughts_on_Humans_and

It wouldn't hurt. Current posters suck but it isn't like there is much material to work with because of rehashed movies, uninspired sequels and plain terrible movies. Who would want to see a Drew Struzan poster advertising for Monster Trucks and the Bye Bye Man?

Wtf is this garbage?

Thanks. Oh yeah, I think I've seen one of his books before. The one I was interested in at the time was pic related but I never picked it up.

That looks badass but since it's the Syfy channel I don't think it will be good.

No, they were garbage. They've always been garbage and they'll always be garbage.

>>>/reddit/

That pepe is actually based on some br bounty hunters or something, not joos OP.

That ones great too, but it's a bit less easy to read and more broken up. Straw Dogs covers the same subject and themes, but does it in a way that easier and more fun to read.

ep I is replay VHS in the background all day during summer vacation tier

I have all the prequels on VHS, it's really weird because the quality of the effects feel anachronistic when you watch them.

okay okay user, I will give transformers a shot.

You've learned nothing, fam.

First one was shit. 2 & 3 were great.

i re-watched them recently

they really aren't as bad as everyone loves to parrot RLM

like, they aren't perfect, but they hold up decently enough with the originals, expand the ever-loving shit out of the lore and do fantastic world-building. i'd agree that the acting was a bit meh at times, but if you actually were to shut the fuck up and listen to the dialogue, these movies are well-written, save some cringe romance lines.

one thing though, i still can't determine whether i like phantom menace or clones more. i think phantom has a better lightsaber fight, podracing and better score, but is almost as much of a carbon copy of anh as tfa is. clones, while not having as good of a saber fight or score (most of it is remixed cues from tpm), does have what i think to be the best plot of the prequels, and second best plot of any of the sw films, along with a fucking fantastic ground battle, an excellent opening chase and the best rendition of the imperial march. i think i would rate both at a 7/10, while revenge is 8/10.

you got someone to burn ROTS on vhs for you? because ROTS didn't have a vhs release.

You just press record. The other two are store bought though.

please point out the difference user

prequels had models and miniatures, you uber-cuck. try baiting on reddit, that usually works there.

nigga, u dum?

no u

I want some of that stuff you're smoking.

1st was ok, 2nd was alright, 3rd was "Holy shit, that was amazing" tier. I can't get over the duels and battle scenes. And the final scene with Vader was beyond amazing.

Revenge of the Sith should go down in history as the greatest sci-fi film of all time.

you pass the dutchie first tbh

it's called reality bruh. every scene in that movie was an excuse to get to the next big Mass Lightsaber Duelâ„¢

going by your logic, so was every other sw film

ur retard tbh

all Star Wars films are shit, I-IIV+R1, with the exception of V

no u

I don't like sand.

what the fuck is IIV

reddit pls go

refer to

then remove yourself from the thread

nobody is buying that shit. you on too many levels of irony bruh. time to resurface.

i wouldn't go as far as to call the prequels patrician kino and all that shit

but quit putting the OT on that pedestal, star wars was always a big budget B scifi series

TPM is a good movie with some amazing standalone scenes like the Podrace and Duel of the Fates. Both scenes that let the visuals and audio do the talking and were pure Star Wars. Space Politics kind of drag on after they leave Tatooine but all in all it's fine.

AotC becomes terrible after they leave Coruscant, gets interesting whenever the story follows Obi-Wan, and then ends with an alright final battle. George Lucas is no dialogue writer than I think he was using AotC as an experiment that blew up in his face.

RotS is the best one. I didn't like grown-up Anakin going in but it all really comes together and I could see why he did what he did. Powerful scenes throughout and seeing Obi-Wan all heart-broken at the end really left an impression. Lucas's grand vision came together perfectly, and suddenly all those Jedi Council scenes and all that make sense. The Emperor steals the show with his performance.