What kind of new boards do we need? I was kinda thinking a rules free Holla Forums /a/ Holla Forums board would be cool...

What kind of new boards do we need? I was kinda thinking a rules free Holla Forums /a/ Holla Forums board would be cool, would you guys be intrested in using something like that?

can't be fucked tbh.

Well I could always make it an /a/ Holla Forums Holla Forums Holla Forums hybrid /vabpol/ I just was wondering if any of you guys have any of those baller ass custom backgrounds for boards, I'm not afraid to make the stickies and all that. Just looking for a little help making the board baller. I could also add /adv/ but I'm not sure it really fits.

I guess the big question in my mind is if I make a board how should I moderate it if at all? I'm thinking that /a/ and /jp/ style territory really needs a major board without too many damn rules. How should it be moderated? How do I market the fucking thing?

Everything Dysnomia does: do the opposite, and you literally cannot fail.

What a negative thing to say!

OP, you can't have "no rules" and a themed board. If you try, you'll find that people won't stick to the theme, but you won't ban them because they haven't broken any rules (since there aren't any).

I suggest a Holla Forums /a/ (and whichever other boards you want to incorporate ) board that also allows a small amount of off topic posts

There are many dead Holla Forums clones, so try not to go down that path.
>>>/cancerfree/
>>>/b1/
>>>/b2/
>>>/b4/
>>>/1/
>>>/rand/
(I'm sure other anons can contribute to this ever expanding list of boards that thought themselves able to grab a decent portion of Holla Forums's population)

Ask yourself what makes your board stand out. If you want to have a go at being a volunteer before managing your own board, then check out
>>>/secretrule/
and try to win a round.

Solid advice, yeah I guess you're right about the whole thing of having no rules can't entirely work. A less rules heavy Holla Forums +/a/ combo sounds like a solid idea. I feel like trying to add Holla Forums might just attract the sort of shitfest that a lot of these users wouldn't like. I dig Holla Forums but I'm not sure there is a way to add to another board.

fnord

Holla Forums already is.

>>>/0/

Yeah narrowed it down its just a vidya anime manga board
>>>/vamm/

need more >>>/fart/

Wouldn't bother browsing

I browse because of Holla Forums… Holla Forums tells me what to think, informs me of what is relevant and important in my life.

Nice board OP.
Good luck

Holla Forums says slam dick in door for the lulz

A losing your virginity forum, where user go out on daily dbase and date girls, until they get laid, and they talk about until they get laid.

That will quickly degenerate into neckbeards comparing lubes

Eris

>>>/am/
they've moved off of Holla Forums to endchan though.

>>>/vvv/ used to be popular, but went to shit for some reason. I don't exactly know what happened.
I think it's only rule was originally "keep it vidya" but then it became no rules.
There's also >>>/svidya/, which is almost dead. Even though it's supposed to be "strict Holla Forums" I'll shill it since I want it to come back

>>>/1/. They were also much bigger.
There are a shit ton of rule free alternative Holla Forums's that I could shill.

The only board community that stuck was /am/, and they ended up leaving. Most of these communities end up dying unless they are significantly different.

How do I set my board apart. op here
how do I shill it and get people there too? …. I think it could be cool

There is
>>>/8beers/

Can't we make a rule against people who don't even try?

Like a rape challenge?

No I meant at the very least go outside and ask to fuck.

>>>/fart/ will solve all that ills you, user.

I just created a new Holla Forums called /chef/

I dunno, maybe start lots of different threads, so that new anons have existing threads to contribute to, rather than having to think up their own threads. It would also give a better idea of what kind of feel you want for the board.

shill it everywhere constantly.
If someone fuck's up on Holla Forums don't forget to shill it. You'll definitely annoy people but it's better than nothing.

Also, even if you're the only person there, keep posting. That's the only thing that will keep the board alive.
It's gotta have a unique culture that will set it apart. I'd like a smaller alt board, but unfortunately those that aren't unique haven't historically worked.
Post it on /boards/ too since they need traffic

No, it's the opposite of that. No one wants to go to a board that spammed all the time.

none, there are a shitload of boards on everytopic

so then how does he get people to get there? To even realize that the board exists?
If you just post it once, people will go there, if you're lucky post once, and then never come back once no one else is talking about it.
You have a point, but I don't really see what else a new board owner can do.

this
board splitting is cancer.
With the teeny tiny population we have, we should be merging boards, not splitting.

Well thats what /vamm/ is all about its video games, anime, music and life. (jp and adv content welcome too). ITS GOT IT ALL.
Don't forget it
>>>/vamm/

i took over /meme/ and ill probably never nuke it, not a whole lot on there since it died though.