Glasses

Hi, Holla Forums. Turns out I'm a genetic defective and need glasses which I just picked up today.

Should I just artificially select myself out of the gene pool?

General glasses thread, I guess.

post pics

how old are you? I got glasses when I was 10, now at 32 Ican't remember not having glasses also my vision has deteriorated to the point that not only can I not see anything without them but I get severe nausia if I'm without them because the prescriptions are so different.

You could always get the eye surgery. My brother didn't need glasses until he was 18 or 19 and then only for long distance. He got laser eye surgery when he was in his mid-twenties and it seems to have worked out great for him. If I wasn't a poorfag I would get laser eye surgery.

On the genetic side though I could see not wanting to pass my shitty genes on. My brother is better suited to that he got the better in almost all things. He's taller and generally more heavily built he's also socially and economically much better positioned for it. So I'll in all likelyhood never bother passing on my genes.

Mid-twenties. I've avoided getting them for a while because I thought I'd look weird with them. Still do. I'm a bit short sighted so I can get by okay, but the difference is really noticeable, even in the short range.

The genetics thing was a joke. I reckon if you apply yourself properly, you'll be surprised at what you can achieve. I've really put myself out there in the past year and my life has improved a lot. Don't give up, brother.

I heard that the need for glasses negatively correlates with how much time you spend outside.

I know, for me at least, my vision actually improves after I've been outside, but I have the eyesight of a diabetic, fading in and out.

I can see how that makes sense in a folksy sort of way, but it could also be that bad eye sight correlates to an increased desire to remain indoors. As a young child I was all ways outside literally playing with dirt and sticks, thinking about it now the amount of time I spent indoors did go up around when I got my glasses but that seemed to be the same for my non-glasses wearing friends.

Most of what I know about this topic I heard from this video.

Note: I can easily watch this video with 1.5 speed. That should shave off some time.

GLASSES ARE FOR NERDS XDDD

People with glasses should just be put down.
Like manlets and the mentally handicapped, it's just sad to look at and ruins the general public.

there's an upcoming ophta-epidemic due to too much screen and never focussing on anything further than the nearest wall. The eyes actually lose their sync over time and require retraining.

Just get some nice Oliver Peoples glasses.

Nearsightedness also corelates with above average height. Also get contact lenses if wearing glasse bothers you.

become a star

Try yoga eye exercises OP.

your eyes will fix themselves over time if you fix what caused the problem.
glasses will only keep them warped and unhealthy

glasses are cool and trendy now, you picked a good time to be alive.

Checked

Graves disease and a botched surgery to fix it, is why Marty Feldman had those eyes.

The man smoked a half carton a day, and lived on black coffee, milk, eggs and shellfish.

He had a heart attack at 48.

Post prescriptions.

-5.75 reporting.

-1.0 and -1.25 Doesn't seem like a lot but the difference it makes is huge.

Pretty much. What I didn't expect since I was short-sighted was just how different things would look even up close. I noticed my sight being awful at a large enough distance but things up close looked fine. As soon as I put the glasses on, though, Things became incredibly sharp and detailed.

If any of you have trouble seeing stuff at a distance, I'd seriously recommend an eye check. You don't even have to wear them all the time, but it'll blow your mind.

Checked

Checked