UK Police chiefs struggling to recruit armed officers over conviction fears

Too few officers are willing to carry a gun to tackle a Paris-style attack through concerns they will be treated as criminal suspects

Police chiefs are struggling to recruit enough officers willing to carry a gun to tackle a Paris-style terror attack, because they fear they will be treated as criminal suspects if they use their weapon in the line of duty, the country’s top firearms officer has warned.

Deputy chief constable Simon Chesterman said potential recruits were being deterred because of fears they could spend years under investigation after a decision to fire on a suspect.
After November’s terrorist gun and bomb attacks on Paris, senior security officials believe Britain needs an extra 1,500 armed officers. But because half won’t make it through rigorous training and selection, police chiefs need 3,000 volunteers to come forward.

Chesterman, the national lead for firearms, said: “We might have a challenge attracting the right number of volunteers and retaining the people we have got.” He added: “It is not a crisis but it might become one.”
A representative of firearms officers in England and Wales has warned that in the event of a determined terrorist gun attack targeting civilians such as that carried out in the French capital six months ago, significant parts of Britain would be left vulnerable.

Che Donald of the Police Federation, who represents the current 5,647 firearms officers, said while major cities such as London had sufficient cover, other large towns and cities did not. “Currently there are not enough firearms officers who could deal with an incident in quite a lot of areas of Britain.”

Britain’s police are largely unarmed and officers need to volunteer to carry a gun.
British police chiefs devised new strategies after the November attacks in Paris, which they viewed as a “game changer” because the terrorists used new tactics and displayed greater capability to kill on western territory than previously thought.

Key among the new plans was the need to deploy armed police officers, faster and in greater numbers than before in the event of an attack. The theory is that it would take a minimum of three armed officers to confront and neutralise one armed terrorist.

Assessments after Paris suggest the loss of life was limited to 130 people because the French police, who are routinely armed, could get officers carrying guns onto the streets far faster than the British state can.
This need to boost numbers coincided with increased disaffection among firearms officers, caused by several factors.
Chesterman and Donald say firearms officers were rocked by the arrest in December 2015 of a police officer on suspicion of murder.

The officer known as W80 was arrested by the Independent Police Complaints Commission after a suspect, Jermaine Baker, was shot dead in December in Wood Green, north London. Baker was thought by police to be part of a plot to spring a prisoner from custody. He was shot while sat in the front passenger seat of a car. An imitation firearm was found in the back of the car, on the floor.
Donald said the arrest caused anger. “It had a huge effect. It sent shockwaves through the entire armed policing community.”

continued at the link –→ archive.is/sgy1W

Proof that 1984 does not work.

It's not pragmatic in any way.

Glad Australian police weren't this stupid.

Mate I used to go shooting guns at one cops place.

Though I think he quit the force - realised it's just "mr authority men" now.

Oh shit nigger, I think it would be the tippiest of keks to be an armed officer in Britstan. Would they accept a recently immigrated yank? I can guarantee I'd shoot straighter that 90% of those chuckle fucks

George Lincoln Rockwell said in that 1967 UCLA speech that the war against nation begins with the collapse/destruction of the police

North American bedtime bump in the night.

This cuckoldry never ends.

The police shouldn't carry guns.

Police didn't carry guns before in this country but people did. Everything was fine and crime was low.

If a situatuion is bad enough to warrant armed police, then send in the military not the police. The role of the police should be to patrol the streets to deter everyday criminals, and to investigate things like murders and to make people feel safe.

No fucking shit.

If the rank-and-file know the brass will throw them to the wolves at the first sign of public protest of course they'll be less inclined to bother carrying a gun.

It's typical fucking shitlib Utopianism

We need our own 9/11. Something big and horrible and dramatic. Something where all the world has eyes on.

7/7? Nobody gave a shit? Rotherham? #NOTALLMUDSLIMES

I'M SO FUCKING SICK OF LIVING IN THIS ORWELLIAN SHITHOLE, KEK MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN PLEASE

True but they regretted for supporting the gun control because the pollies are a real pain the arsehole to them. Cops ended up receiving the non stopping calls that can be fixed with a gun easily by the homeowner or rentals. It's a nice karma to them. I think they weren't allowed to bring their guns to home despite it is legal to have guns in the homes. I don't know why they weren't allowed, maybe pollies are scared of them?

You need something that can be seen and remembered, something that will be seared into public consciousness. You guys don't like Big Ben that much, do you?

To be honest mate it works perfectly well.
In a civilized country where everyone is white. We're stuck in the past in the UK and expect everyone plays fair, like white people do.

It's called the fall of London, and it's coming.

Haha what fucking country are you living in chap? They just elected a muslim mayor. London has already fucking fallen son. It's lost to the enemy. The only part of London worth going to now is the square mile which is still largely white residence (with plenty of muslims who go there during the day, and a wealthy turkish quarter just on knightsbridge these days), or fucking shoreditch and camden. But they're indie fucking looney bins.

It's all fucked. We're all fucked.

Calm down little lass, if you think a faux-election is a happening you haven't seen a thing yet.

Referendum's up next. I'll be voting brexit, I've got 20 people to vote brexit. I look forward to seeing how we get cucked into "oh it was a tight competition but remain won by 51%".

Scottish referendum was fucking rigged too. 51% and 49%, bullshit.

Who/which company counts the votes? Surely if it's in said companies interest to remain in the EU then the outcome will be a conflict of interests

Bong here, this is a good thing.
The police are corrupt as fuck. Maybe not all departments, in all counties, however you cannot trust them as far as you can throw them.

These are the people that deliberately destroyed evidence of Muslim rapes, and arrested fathers trying to reach their daughters.

As far as I'm concerned, toothpicks are too good for them. The lighter they are armed, the better for the future of my country.

During elections the votes get trucked in to voting stations and the votes are counted by the individual political parties communally. Of course labour annally annihilates everyone in labour areas by rigging the votes with their muslim following. They register 10-20 people at one address, get all the others to send them their postal vote slips. Vote the way they want to, and then show up with boxes full of the legitimate but still rigged votes.
Happened in the last by-election. So we're fucked in places like Londonistan.

Dorset here, I've had nothing but good dealings with old bill this side of the country. We're quite lucky though from what I hear, corruption is huge in the north and in London. Thames Valley Police is supposedly quite good too.
Though our desk clerks in dorset are fucking morons. I went in to report a sexual assault on a friend of mine once. The clerk was like "Who was sexually assaulted, YOU?" loud as fuck, I was like "jesus… no man, a friend of mine."
"Oh, DID YOU DO IT?"
"..fucking.. mate no… christ can we go speak about this somewhere private"
"Well alright then".

Useless. Though when you get past the retard gatekeepers the officers that actually deal with you are very good. Just seems the mongs are front facing.

I'm an ausfag, but I sincerely hope that you can get out of the EU come June. I don't think you'll ever get another shot at it, and once these rapefugees in Europe get citizenship, they'll be heading your way unless you can get out. In any MSM article I read about the EU, the commenters are all heavily pro-leaving.

Whiter than the muslbongs.

Islam is just the new Black Plague where everyone but Polan survives

yeah the people want out, the elite don't. So it is likely we'll stay as usual. BBC shilling for remain today. 300 "celebrities and actors" saying we should stay.

You got based Ulster and Taigistan mixed up there lad

The Gods of the Copybook Headings with Terror and Slaughter Return.

You literally begged for this. You knelt down and begged at the alter of Leftism to be condemned and oppressed for the greater good. Well now you have it. This is your "greater good" you revolting, disgusting subhuman traitors. You DEMANDED submission. You demanded serfdom. You demanded slavery. Now you have it. And now you regret it?

Too bad. See how forthcoming our sympathy is. It is nonexistent. You have spent the better part of thirty years fighting actively against the rights of your people to defend themselves and their nation. Now you realize that is a bad idea? Good. Bask long and hard in the realization that you were wrong, and that because you were wrong, you have doomed your entire race.

And when you are done basking in that notion, kill yourself. This world has no place for your atheist, leftist, degenerate authoritarian kind. Slit your own throat into the gutter. But be sure you acquire the knife legally.

Sounds just like canada's police. Do yours trace "anonymous" crimestoppers phone tips too? ("hey he just reported a criminal, mabey he a criminal too! That'll get me promoted fer shure!")

My personal policy with any authority is to avoid anyone with "corpse eyes" or inability to understand common colloquialisms; which rules out the entire RCMP.

Hello Achmed, enjoying Rotherham you turbo nonce?

Big Ben would be a non-event, as much as it pains to admit it, good people need to die at the hands of bad people before things get better.

I keep getting vibes there might be a chemical attack in Manchester, might actually start the snowball.

I don't know if London will make people feel anything. White flight took over.

Appreciate the support digger :)

A lot of CEOs want out out, the actual elite like

THE ETERNAL MAPLE LEAF

who works at the Bank of England is shilling for Bremain hard. But like you said, 49% for leave probably. I fucking hope not though, being in the EU when it's in it's death knell won't be pretty. Don't imagine being in a burning building collapsing on top of you is /comfy/ for anyone.

ULSTERCUCKS ARE TAIGS M8

Looks liek the jews are trying to reduce the number of policemen.
Didn't the same happen in Sweden.

Fuck off cunt. If the public isn't allowed to be armed neither should the police.

The Australian public is falling into the Government and it's institutions are infallible mindset and it's fucking dangerous.

Government is fallible and the public needs to armed to safe guard society against Government.

Government isn't Society, The citizens are!. I'm so fucking sick of this Cuck mindset.

Fuck off to Venezuela if you think only government and police should be allowed to carry arms.

Just be glad your ancestors were smart enough to leave and stay away. I've seen and heard things you wouldn't believe in this nation.

No, it's just the usual end result of the Left's schizophrenic Utopianism, i.e. they want their cake (non-whites chimping out every time a co-ethnic gets shot regardless of the circumstances) and eat it too (police still use lethal force when required against violent offenders in the communities of said non-whites)

M8 it's fucked everywhere!

The entire western populations are totally cucked by government and i have to wear the effects. Because you know the old story "We are just one more regulation away from utopia"

My ancestors rode out with "William Wallace" now my relatives tell me to keep my head down and "Just go with it"

The west is spiritually dead. We are fucking cucks to the holy cow of "Government" oh may it rain down welfare & benefits upon our lands.

The reality is the opposite of this. More police officers want to join armed units than there are actually places available. The powers that be also want more and more firearms for the state and less and less for the people.
The message here is being tailored for
dumb ordinary people and policy makers of middle rank so that they will be influenced to help get the police and their masters more armed units and even more guns, guns which they really want to have.

how about trying something like #AllJihadisAreMuslims next time?

Well the end goal is riding the police force of whites.
And when you desperate just recruits the dindus and muzzies who will have no problem genociding the population.

I think you are severely underestimating peoples survival instinct. When that kicks in no propaganda will help the kikes.

And when will that kick in exactly? Reading the notes of American WN of the past century they were thinking just like you are.
Yet obviously they never did, the devil made them comfortable and they happily sold off their soul.

Sure they might voice their occasional discontent with the news, carefully choosing their words as to not offend anyone, but the minority that would actually rise up when the situation becomes right remains the same, complete with oldfags becoming too frail and newfriends joining the fray.

On the other hand, when will your average Holla Forumsack grab his trusty moist nugget and start killing guardians of the globalist ((conspirators))? The answer is when shit has already hit the fan and there are mass riots in the streets as a best case scenario. So I wonder, who will be the first one to throw the first nugget of shit into the fan, making everyone uncomfortable enough to throw their own farces into the blades?

Will it be a false flag tyrannical act or a removal of a vital part of the normies' lives like power or water supply? Time will tell, although the old saying says "be the change you want to see in the world" but few want to make the dangerous initial push.

Do they still use the Sig 2022 (Pro)?

It doesn't apply to the current police force…the new "diverse" one won't have these hang ups or red tape to deal with.

if UK leaves EU, do I have to go back ? (polish, came here in 2015)

I'd vote for leaving if I could. I just want to know if I will be deported or something. If yes I might as well start packing now.

You're a legal immigrant with a job. There was travel between european countries even before they were added to the EU. The only thing the EU did was put some fucking standards designed to cripple production of newly added countries

People are waking up. Normies actually see what is going to happen politically and demographically. Almost no one believes MSM lies and if one does the communist can be easily recognized.
The main source of news that people get now is the internet. And it has no restrictions on information dissemination.
You think that Hitler's win was a result of a couple of months.
Nope it was a process of 15 years of constant Jew produced crisis that culminated in rebellion.
Why would one grab a gun if there are channels to use thaat don't involve violence. When the Global cabal starts to get violent, people will respond in suit.

Also reported for kike defeatist shill.

You sure showed me, wishful thinker-kun.

Hitler's rise to power wasn't just due to the socio-political climate getting bad enough, he was able to unite and properly direct concerned individuals, at the price of his own freedom at some point.

This is what we lack.

well yeah, but that doesn't answer the question. I've heard everyone who imigrated after 2010 would need to go back, but i can't find anything on it.

They are prepping the bull with this kind of report.
Just wait, they will fix this "crisis" by employing more muslim and minority officers, who will have no qualms about gunning down whitey in his own country.

why are you even in uk? i see "BASED POLAND!" threads every week here. is it all a lie? is poland as shitty as all other european countries right now?

btw this is a great opportunity for british Holla Forumsacks to join the police, and redpill other cops. plus you get to have a gun, having a gun is real good when your country is getting overruned by shitskins

i don't really know what is happening in Poland, I don't watch or read any polish news (I should) I moved here because I really like UK, I was here for the first time when I was 16 and since then I wanted to move here. Besides, the money… even on minimum wage I can live alone in a small flat or rent pretty nice room and still have money for fags, food, clothes and stuff. I'd find 2-3 people to rent big house together it would be even better.

Surely they can afford to install go-pros on these officers?

They're the best thing to stop the chimp hordes from causing another riot.

lel, didnt you just move to uk from poland? how can you not know whats going on in your home country?

anyway, im not british so i dont care you stay or not you seem like a nice guy so i think many brits would be ok with you staying, i just got curious why people shill so hard for poland here but polacks themselves hate poland and want to move

I know what was hapenning 2 years ago, but since may 2015 I didn't watch polish TV or read polish press almost at all. I only know what my family/friends say and what i read on pol.

I should pay more attention to polish politics, sure, but I have very little time (56 working hours a week) and my free time is almost always 8ch

You should probably go back tbh fam. Poland seems to be getting ready for the incoming shitstorm, not many countries are.

The politics might be good, but the money is still very bad. Me, as a nobody in UK earn more than both my parents combined.

Yeaaahhhh… Well, I wish you the best of luck, but I still think you should leave, at least until this shit blows over. Britainstan is no safe place, and Ireland is next.

The time will show. I actually want to go back at least for a year soon.

A lot of polish people go over naively thinking the UK is still a white country, they see all the niggers and muslims, say fuck this after 6 months and come back.

Even with marginally more money, the UK is culturally fucked, it's not a great place to live or raise a family, the streets are dangerous and whatever was seen as UK culture is long gone.

IIRC guy on the ground was arab too actually (or one of the cops in the building).

It's no different now. People in stress always go for the dominant leader when they know they'll face total annihilation. And there's always one.
Kikes overplayed their hand and their Freud incest fantasies don't hold in the real world.

Forgive me but a hardworking white Catholic is not the same as niggers.

Would you want to live in a country more niggereed up than your on (if that's even possible)?

This is true.
Many of the lower class brits that are forced to live near nigs are now talking and acting like them.
The media is pushing nigs and muslims as "cool" so a lot of the younger people are falling for it, sadly the female ones especially.

Why is it that our government make sure people depend entirely on the state/police for their protection yet push anti-police stories in the media and slash police budgets making the people hate the police at the same time? I don't get it.

They did the same thing in America.

when being confronted with a crisis, people seek answers.
be the one to give it to them.

In the cities definately, this coming from a brit in the country. However outside the hubs, britain still lives hidden away
We're still pretty secluded here even in the large towns, my village is 99% white and so is the rest of the county until you hit the outskirts of the closest city
then its thugs, gang-crime and murders mostly by niggers and muslims and white trash.
Meanwhile here we're organising next years maypole, some other pagan festivals and funding the local private schools

Peelerite policing principles work.
But only when you don't have continental and savage hordes wandering the streets.

I can't tell if your stupid as hell or pretending to be.

I used to admire the BBC for things like Monty Python, The Fast Show and Blackadder, now it's full of muslim programmes, even Jeremy Clarkson got the boot.

There's basically little authentic British culture to assimilate into due to PC politics, I know more about UK history than the average Brit does, and I don't mean this as an insult, there's a lot about Britain to like, but most Brits seem to hold their own culture in contempt.

If I move to Japan it's because I love Japanese culture and I wish to become as Japanese as I possibly can, if I move to Britain, I'd wish to do the same but Britain seems to hate itself.

More isolated cities like Chester and York are stunning, but it still feels like these are few and far between, at least this is an outsider point of view and I am comparing to places like London and Birmingham, I mean Poland doesn't really do multiculturalism, it's a huge culture shock to see any area that fundamentally doesn't represent local culture (I'm excusing Catholicism in this statement as that's probably the only noticeable import).

Though Britain is nowhere near as bad as France, all of Paris was basically Tower Hamlets when I was last there 5 years ago, never felt as unsafe anywhere else during the day.

It's important to remember that London was never truly British.

Like many of our cities it was founded by foreign invaders. But unlike others it has been frequently abandoned by us and always the first place that foreign invaders rush to.

London is a shithole. Always will be.

Well if you ever visit britain again, go stay in a small village or town, one with a cathedral or heritage sites and see some of us are still human

Many interesting things happened in London historically though, mainly focused around The Tower and later in the Georgian and Victorian eras but London has been modernised so much many of the relics have been lost.

A have the Cotswolds on my list but I'm trying to see bits of Scandinavia first before it's too much of a risk. White European culture is so varied and beautiful, I want to see as much as I can before it's gone, I'd recommend others to do the same sadly…

I live in Warrington and I don't see many non-whites (although I'm sure many of them aren't british, including me) And even if i see some brown people they don't wear their stupid desert clothes.

On the carboot however.. hehe there's so many of them for some reason.

That's what happens when you choose the JewMasons over your own people, and turn a blind eye to the massive corruption and nepotism that exists in the UK.

We need Robocop to root out all of these crooks.

To be fair the Jews love coming to Britain because our legal tradition is founded in property rights.
Less room for government to just go on a confiscation spree.
That and how difficult it is to invade us.

i want to live in a homogenous society

Its bullshit. No-one, not even the worst fucking Paki, is going to be kicked out as a result of Brexit. You are also covered by UN conventions regarding residence entirely separately from the EU rules. All Brexit can do is allow changes to the rules on entry and visas that are currently made by the EU, and allow FUTURE movement to be agreed bilaterally between the UK and Poland.

You MAY have difficulty changing your job if your employer could find a Brit with the same skills, but thats not going to happen unless the economy goes tits up - all youse guise aren't taking our jobs, but you are depressing wages and raising the age of family formation for Britons.

I'm already employed full time, so I'm not too worried about job here. BTW. Who can vote ? Only real brits ? Or after some time I could vote too ? I'm here since 30rd april 2015.

Same thing happened in Sweden, the police are leaving in record numbers and they are struggling to recruit new officers.

There is a huge imbalance in the world today, and we are beginning to see its effects.

Who can blame them.

As forces goes the British Police aren’t to bad by all accounts but they are horrendously castrated by policy and ferociously attacked on a constant basis by the mercantile “conservative” government who is openly cutting budgets beyond justification to give themselves statistics which will support further privatization.

Any and every officer knows that they don’t have much in the way of support from higher tiers and even the support they do have is from mavericks that are just as vulnerable as them.

It’s a shame, British policing is supposed to be one of our finer points, something we excel but it has been torn apart to the extent that they can’t even recruit staff to fill essential roles.

For shame.

Blame the yanks.
THey've been pushing their way of thinking on us for so long that our political class are wanting an American/Continental style police force.
But the people won't stand for it. So they need to create the demand for it

This shit will end up like Sweden where there won't be anyone left to apply the law.

To be honest, as a white londoner, I don't want the police carrying guns. I can see a scenario where a mud has a bomb, a normal person sees and starts trying to beat up and restrain the mud, so the policeman shoots them, allowing the mud time to get to the detonator.

Peronsonally, I'd feel safer were the police disbanded and thier duties given to the army.

if that guy had been black the cop would have unloaded the whole clip into him straight away
according to BLM

Glad to see some thoughtful replies in this thread.

I was honestly curious to know the locals' opinion on this as the article came across as a carbon copy of the problems that U.S. police forces have been having with regards to using deadly force.

I'd agree with some posters that the government will try to "fix" the problem by increasing the number of non-whites in the police force.

It's a magazine, you fucking fag.

Again, they did the same thing to America. They're making Britain hate itself.

Yes!

yes
yes
and yes

You shouldn't be that surprised that the woman are falling for the enemy's propaganda. Woman don't have any tribal or racial loyalty, they just want to fornicate with the strongest men around, and they have been conditioned to believe that since wig culture is what's hip that must mean that the wogs are more stronger and more 'alpha' than the native population.

So like always with Holla Forums it comes down to women envy fuck this place is getting more like /r9k/ by the day. All you lot sound like is sex mad teanagers Muh women this muh womin that.

Ya fuckers is why your women go looking for Jamal and mohammad because all you do is sit here and complain about it insted of proving your alpha by lifting and talking about cars all the time.

this really must be a fake