Annoying RLM memes

Shit plebs say about the prequels that piss you off.
This is the most mind boggling complaint I read about the films. Like why don't you want flashy and well choreographed fights with light sabers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/H18RUB1cxfI?t=33s
8ch.net/co/res/768890.html#768919
8ch.net/co/res/768890.html#769170
lmgtfy.com/?q=list of joke script names
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's literally not an argument.

I challenge you to Death by dance-off!

It really is an insane complaint. It would be like saying the original Star Wars films are bad because there are spaceships and space ships are gay.

Note how there are no quips during this fight scene!

That's why plebs hate it. They hate anything that takes itself seriously and isn't cynical post modern garbage.

Ask the mod to show our ids, I've made two posts (now three)

Kill yourself, you conformist dweeb.

Here comes the poor fools who can't look at star wars except through RLM lens.

smh tbh fam.

Stop this meme about the prequels.

I'm supposed to believe these bumbling fools can best other competent melee fighters or block and deflect blaster shots?

Confirmed for retarded teenager.

The prequels are shit. The idea they're good is because compared to the sequel, it's fucking great.

Pic related

Fuck off, JJ. The Prequels are great.

Confirmed kike.

No, OP, it's a valid complaint.
I liked it when guys with lightsabers were like buddhist monks that almost never used it, but when they did, it was to great effect. In fact, I'd have liked the fights to be less flashy, like real life ones, where they last like ~5 seconds and then at least one of the fighters is dead. Or like the OT, where they measure each other, measure each other, bang a bit the lightsabers,… and bang, ben kenobi is dead. Makes the scene where Luke fights with tooth and nail against Darth Vader more impactful (I think RLM talked about this)
Not for nothing there used to be (not sure if Disney raped it) a "form 0" thing the jedi had going on, where the thing was to avoid the fight before it even started. Life is sacred, the force surrounds life, and all that.

Seriously kill yourself, you are a waste of space.

Thank you for outing yourself as a moron who can't think for himself.

I once was a 10 years-old kid, but that was a long time ago.

literally >>>/reddit/

Funny, it's the redditors who jumped on the prequel hate bandwagon.

Reddit hates the prequels, you fucking moron. They think that rogue One is the best Star Wars movie since Empire (they said the same thing about TFA and will say the same thing about Episode 8)

The prequels get a lot of shit for the wrong reasons, but they really fucked up the fights.

Listen faggot. There's a reason no one likes you. Just because you're "oh so special" and "different" doesn't make you useful. You're like the cunt who sabotages their own job because their manager asked them nicely to tuck in their shirt.

People who complain about conformity are attention whores. You non-conformists are all alike.

Sad.

What did he mean by this?

Insert Trudeau joke here

You know being a contrarian about it isn't much different?

You know what the most telling thing is about the prequel haters?
It's how angry they get when you suggest that the films might not be all that bad or even good.
This just shows how much they hate change or innovation holding on to the original star wars trilogy as gospel.

What I find funniest is that when the RLM drones finally got what they wanted, a retro flick aping the old movies instead of doing something new and fresh, they didn't like it much.

Yes.

I'd rather have cuckposting tbh fam

i disagree

I concur.

HIGHGROUNDS

I'm not surprised.

Yeah its real subtle what with the volcanic shit going off and the sabers whirring and crackling like fucking bugzappers.

Somehow I doubt you've sat through a silent movie or an old sci fi serial that this was based on. There's a reason it starts at four.

You know why obi wan always won his duels despite being disadvantaged, having the low ground or hanging of the edge prior to his rematch with vader?

He had the moral high ground.

Actually I doubt you have sat through a silent film, the prequels have a very similar visual language.

Which is why he was on top of a hill?

Annie had the lowground figuratively and literally.

It's not very subtle.

Subtlety is highly overrated tbqh

It's pretty simple, critics think they know what makes good movies, but they really don't.

On second thought. You're right for the wrong reason. The climax of a silent movie usually involved crowds and horses so they could wow people with eye catching moving images that did little more than pad the movie and get people off with the technology.

It actually is a lot like your precious fucking prequels.

Well, if they truly knew what they wanted and makes films good they wouldn't be critics but filmmakers.

You got some Lucas spooge stuck to your upper lip there buddy.

I liked the prequels. I remember them fondly, even, they were my introduction to Star Wars. But a little more toned-down action would have been okay.
I did like Darth Maul's fight scene and Obi-Wan vs. Anakin, though. Even if the latter was lacking a little subtlety, with the volcanic thing going on (we get it, Anakin is angry).

I don't want this meme to go away

Like the ultimate peotry, it rhymes.

Actually it's a mythological motif.

Makes me wonder if the spell would have been broken even without the Disney sale. Perhaps it would just have taken a bit more time.

No. It's lazy symbolism that exists for cgi.

I guess you might think that if you're too dumb to understand the themes and have been fed a load of baloney about George. Episode III culminates in Anakin's descent into the underworld, into hell.

Burger detected

While in the english version the highground can be applied to Obi-Wan simply having the better positoning, in the german version, the highroung was translated with the meaning of Obi-Wan having the higher skill, clearly outmatching Anikan.
I've ben wondering since how it was translated in other languages, and if that was the actual meaning of Obi-Wan having the highground.

Well since Obi-Wan outmaneuvered him and used his own blind aggression against him it could be accurately taken both ways.

Oh god it's you again

Because most of them were fucking stupid
It's not even that well choreographed

They were much better than the fights seen in the OT

They were like something an autistic 6 year old would come up with.
This part here is better than every fight scene in the prequels

Boy this isn't hilarious or anything…

Take those nostalgia goggles off gramps

>huuurr, no! Georgo is dumb!< The internet men told me so!!!!!!!!!!

I pity the Prequel haters.

you live in delusion tbh

I know this whole thread is trolls and no one is gonna actually care but:
OT had a TOTALLY different style of fighting, that is they took real combat from japanese style
prequels changed to chinese for show style
there's no explanation why the style of fighting was more complex and less real in the prequels and why they changed
it's sort of annoying if you're into combat/martial arts/etc to see it done well and realistic in the OT and then see them totally shift to for entertainment style for the prequels
I would have really like some sort of reasoning for the development of saber combat in such a drastic change of style in so few years, for the SAME FUCKING CHARACTERS

one was a old arthritic man who hadn't dueled/used the force for physical enhancement in decades and the other was a mostly cybernetic lumbering strip of beef jerky. luke never learned how to fight properly from any of them before they croaked.

This, also like George has said a thousand times, the technology just wasn't there yet when he made the OT.

*force-jumps behind you*
*activates lightsaber*
psh nothing personnel darth

It still gives me chills. Amazing. I miss George.

right, I forgot Yoda, Dooku, and Sidious in the prequels all fought like the older men in the OT
oh wait, they didn't, they used the same flashy style that wasn't like the OT at all
nice argument

He means he's woke. The Jedi kidnap children, manipulate the senate, and try to control the galaxy. You know Yoda or some other Jedi were diddling padawans Pizza Gate style somewhere in Coruscant. You think they didn't use their Jedi mind tricks to make the little kiddies forget what went in their mouths?

Taking out the younglings was a mercy killing.

Is this bait?

(checked)

poetry

STAR WARS HATING PLEBS GTFO

Qui Gon was pretty retarded though fam. Kinda cool but not a very smart Jedi.

this "prequels were good" meme needs to stop.

t. rlm cocksucker

Fuck off, prequels are good now and my taste isn't shit.

How about you explain why they weren't good?

shamefur dispray.

Prequel haters BTFO.

fuck off.

Everyone who likes the prequels have stated why they like it and why they think it's a good trilogy. You just throw a tantrum like a child and demand people like what you like. It's pretty clear who's in the right here.

Not in this thread. Why don't you explain in one sentence why they are worthy of being called a good film series?

Put simply, the prequels created a beautiful world, had beautiful shots (pic related), and were full of originality and imagination. George Lucas made us realize it wasn't just pshoo pshoo laser beams and shiny swords, it was a universe full of creatures of all shapes and sizes.
The characters were delved into deeper than OT. They weren't just stereotypes (the rogue, the hermit, the badass girl, the viewer insert). It felt like there was real weight behind them.
The sounds were amazing and the building to Anakin's fall was exciting and terrifying even though we knew how it ended. Really though, it's the shots that do it. The entire trilogy feels like some psychadelic R.A. Lafferty epic, and in the better moments reminds one of a Greek tragedy. The prequels are kino.

But I guess none of that matters to you because Channel Awesome doesn't like it. Learn to think for yourself, man.

what is r/starwars?

90% percent of the sets being green screened fakes does make the worlds look fake, yes.

…what?

Lucas really is totally in another universe.

The problem of the prequels is the dialogue was horrid.

Who would've guessed

The plebbit is stronk in this one.

Most of that is from TPM.

When Mike makes retarded faces trying to be exactly like Eric Wareheim. Fucking cringy, stop it.

youtu.be/H18RUB1cxfI?t=33s

What if it went this way:
How would the fight end?

Why did they make everything so clean and sterile?

Anakin would push the platform with force to some place where he can go to the shore more safely without a huge flip.

notice how most of those are episode 1

Episode I had the most sets and miniatures constructed but they weren't abandoned for the later films, just toned down because the insane full sized lavish sets of TPM ate through the budget very quickly. TPM spent more on sets than the entire OT. In later films they also continued to use real world locations, Naboo in Episode II was 90% real, Tatooine parts were shot on location and so on.

The only thing that really changed between the OT and the prequels besides the huge improvements in artistic values is the switch from matte paintings to green screen, green screen letting George expand the universe with moving backgrounds. Also the addition of CG elements where practical effects weren't possible and a switch from very limited spaceship miniatures to CG ones, letting them maneuver more dynamically.

Some people would have preferred a stop motion Jar Jar but Lucas isn't that type of director, he was always looking forward.

Sure thing George

Mike also told you that there wasn't enough interracial sex in TFA, wake up, kid.

I hope that Disney money allows you to hire prime bulls, Mike, because living in butthurt denial can't be worth it otherwise.

One thing George does really well is 'familiar but still alien', like the fleur-de-lis patterns on the Jedi council floor or the meeting room with the glass table.

Second last pic is Revenge of the Sith, last pic is Attack of the Clones, second picture is too IIRC and maybe the first.

The prequels are shit, but they're far from what people say about them. Some of physical sets are beautiful, the soundtrack is fantastic, cinematography is great (when it's not just people sitting talking), and when it's not excessive the special effects were ahead of theie time. The issue is that it's used to contain horrible acting and writing, and cause Georgie had managed to make a massively successful franchise and a few multi-million dollar companies like Skywalker Sound; the issue was that he couldn't find someone to direct and write for him, and since all his lackeys were yes-men who'd blindly trust him to pull through, he took it on himself and fucked it up.

Are the films bad? Yes. Are they abysmal and lacking anything redeeming? Not at all. It's just one of those things where people don't love it or hate it, so they trash it cause they're told to. It's why if you ask plebs who've seen the prequels why they like or dislike it they can't give an answer (except maybe a "NOW THIS IS PODRACING" meme). It's why if you ask the same plebs about Episode VII or Rogue One their answer is always "I loved the part with [nostalgic reference to the originals]!"

TLDR – The prequels aren't totally irredeemable, but enough of the cancerous memes about how it's a masterpiece. George Lucas got lucky with the originals, then managed to convince himself he was a genius and made the mistake of surrounding himself with the greedy.

>*Have Hayden Christensen prattle on about sand and clumsily kiss Natalie Portman*
It's almost like it's a shit film with shit actors and shit writing filmed on otherwise professionally constructed sets and professionally edited sequences. It's almost like it's bad but has enough redeemable qualities to stop it being utter cancer, which is what I said.

False, it's different but that doesn't mean it's bad.

Why don't you tell us more about how "all George's lackeys were yes-men", reddit? Also call anyone who disagrees with you a meme. That's a good trick.

There's a very good reason for the stylistic choice in the romance between Anakin and Padme, if you're a pseud who has never read medieval chivalric romances it probably goes above your head. If JJ would have directed Attack of the Clones Padme would have twerked against Anakin's crotch until he couldn't contain his dick and redditors like you would have liked it but would it have been a good drama? Anakin never truly left his home behind him when he became a Jedi and this is what led to his fall, that he couldn't let go. Attack of the Clones is about many things and one of them is loss, he is tormented by his past and his dreams of his mother which sets up Revenge of the Sith and his later actions. Hence the line about sand, his home is always on his mind.

The leading man is utter trash. Even actors who've been passable in some other stuff like Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman just seem bored on set.

How appropriate.

George does look like he tried to do an old romance story with it, even the original trilogy fits the traditional fantasy storyline of everyman hero fighting the evil overlord; it's fantasy but in space like most space operas. Just cause he tried to copy the classics doesn't change that he made an utter shambles of it. Justifying what reads like Romeo and Juliet fanfiction cause he tried to redo a classic as sci-fi like the original trilogy is retarded.

Read my post again, I complained about Episode VII too. Daisy is the Hayden of this trilogy, and Harrison Ford looks like Bill Murray did in the Ghostbusters remake (i.e. sick of his fucking life). Both VII and Rogue One are an exercise in cliché and nostalgia; they're equally shitty in that, while they're well made, they're just milking fan love for the originals and not adding anything of value to the series.

Oh shit.
Little things like this are what makes me come back to the prequels time and time again. You notice something new every time.

Yeah, I keep finding out new stuff about them all the time. Sometimes it's just trivia, like that the guy in this pic was played by the helicopter guy from Mad Max 2, sometimes it's small details that George autistically thought of that you don't notice until after several viewings.

Smh at how desperate and nitpicky prequel hating spergs are

Prequel haters will never get it. You can't talk the stupid out of someone, they're stuck being retarded, and because retards are the majority, public opinion will be against the Prequels for some time. Be glad you aren't a retard, be glad you can recognize beauty.

kek, the sad part is that you're right

I want to believe

The first sabre duel in new hope the props were so flimsy if the actors bashed them together too hard they'd break, but at the time nobody gave a shit or really noticed how bad it was because the effect was new and impressive. Otherwise the fights were smply stage swordfighting like any late 70s sword fight in a movie outside Asia. Come the late 90s unrealistic wire flippy kung fu was popular, and nobody was going to get a chubby over a glowy special effect anymore so you gotta do flippy chink fights if you want to impress people. If they hadn't Phantom Menace would probably have bombed so hard the other two prequels would have been canceled. The Darth Maul fight was the only compliment anyone had for the movie. The autistic in universe explanations are just excuses to justify the differences. But Lucas's excuses about old man vs a robot etc are retarded as nobody would have thought to make acrobatic sword fights in the late 70s and early 80s in a western movie anyway, nor could he have done it considering the lightsabres were a fragile practical effect.

So you're essentially just a DEEPEST LORE pleb that likes shiny CGI and doesn't care about shit like "characters acting logically" and "proper story arc".
Archetypes aren't stereotypes you fucking pleb.
Anakin's fall basically happened on accident because he was such a stupid retard.
From a cinematic standpoint the films are a failure on every front, and it doesn't have anything to do with other reviewers poiting them out.

My Brother and I marathoned them, fan cuts mostly and found they aren't as bad or ""TOTES GOOD""" as the memes say.

The Three rules for the Prequels seems to be this:

Ranking for me has to go:

Literally anything from the EU > A New Hope > Empire Strikes Back > Revenge of the Sith > Return of the Jedi > Attack of the clones (Obi-Want Scenes) > Phantom Menace > Attack of the Clones (Anakin Scenes) > Force Awakens

Go back to reddit, you fucking pleb. The whole, "Obi Wan is duh only good part of the prequels" is the most basic bitch opinion there is. The best scenes of the Prequels are the ones with Anakin and Sheev, most of those don't have Obi Wan in them.

I will agree with you on Obi-Wan being awesome in the Prequels. Nigger did everything. Killed Maul, Grevious, BTFO Anakin and Not Fett. Only time Anakin shined was finally dropping Dooku.

Alright, let's debunk your arguments once and for all, Mike.
Everything in the prequels is perfectly logical, you're just pretending to be too stupid to understand the characters' motivations. Kids watch these films and understand them, come on.
The story arc is virtually perfect, the prequels form a great tragedy which is then mirrored in the OT but as a comedy.
Did you even watch the films? You sound like you've only seen the Plinkett """reviews""".
Dead wrong, they're an incredible achievement and continue to dazzle audiences with their splendor today and will go on doing so for many years to come. The prequels are a milestone in film history.

How I wish /film/ wasn't dead.

I now understand the mindset of people who love the Obi Wan scenes only. They're the superhero fans, the people who love Marvel movies. They can't stand anything that requires them to actually think… George was a fucking genius for including scenes like that to keep the unwashed masses amused while rewarding the more intelligent viewers with the Machiavellian Sheev and Anakin scenes.

Star Wars is for basic bitch mass consumption plebs. Your attempts to conjure meaning and value from it only speak to your own status as a part of the unwashed masses you fancy yourself above.

Tarkovsky would be ashamed of you.

You're one of those pretentious snobs who think that a film only is good if it is incomprehensible to a casual viewer, aren't you? The prequels have both mass market appeal and meaning, that's what makes them so unique. You're not judging by merit but by prejudice.

Referencing Tarkovsky doesn't reinforce your argument. I expect no better from some slav high on krokodil though. Carry on with your bloviating nonsense. You only embarrass yourself in the end.

Ur a total fag, fam

Explain in your own words why a film cannot be commercially viable and have meaning at the same time.

You're talking to a hipster friendo. If it's popular then it's automatically bad in their eyes

Because it's fucking bad.

But let's point out the Obi-wan/Anakin scene in front of Padme, thirty seconds into the movie, where Anakin starts whining, insults the security forces, and gets dressed down in public by Obi Wan.

The scene is so cringe the fucking characters look uncomfortable.

It establishes Anakin as a total asshole with no impulse control, and Obi wan as a vexxed teacher who can't stand the little prick. So much for them being brothers.

The prequels had a three tasks: 1) establish Anakin and Obi wan as being friends 2) establish Anakin and Luke's Mom as lovers, 3) Show why Anakin became darth vader.

Its execution of all three of these things was poor.

There's no way you can consider anything in this trainwreck as successful, unless you are as autistic as George Lucas and you like pretty backgrounds.

The thing is most prequel lovers are just contrarians who probably were sucking Stoklasa's cock, realized he was just an e-celeb when he sold out to Disney (TFA is worse than the prequels), and now are in full rebellion mode and so declare the prequels good.

nice reddit spacing chumptard

>>>/sudo/

Worst meme of 2016 tbqh fam.

"prequels were good" is worse.

It's just the sudocuck being a faggot as usual. BO is still retarded for not having IDs.

Back to the redlettermedia reddit with you lad!

IDs are fucking gay as shit. I samefag and switch on my opinions on the fly all the time in a thread.
I don't want to go through the hassle of using VPNs and proxies.

Literal SJWs who scream rape culture and shit their diapers

Wrong. It was to establish a rocky relationship between them. Almost like a stepfather to a bratty son. They loved each other but there was tension. This was masterfully handled.

Some of the dialogue was awkward. Half because George Lucas is a goofball autist and half because so is Anakin. He's an incel retard and this is his only female friend. He autistically reveals his powerlevel multiple times because he doesn't have the experience. He's not a PUA you faggot.

This is the point where haters totally lose me. If I was Anakin I would go to the dark side too. Just because you're a viewer and you know "light = good, dark = bad" doesn't mean the people living in the universe do. Anakin hasn't seen the OT. He doesn't know that shit. He's an emotionally distraught prodigy who was taught the skill before the discipline. He's being taught this magical shit during a massive civil war with two different sides playing tug-of-war for his mind, and while the good guys want the best for him, they come across as apathetic and uncaring. This is played very tastefully, and yet not too conspicuously. If it was shoved in your face you'd complain about that, but since the movies didn't spell it out for you, you complain "I don't undestaaaaan waaaaah it doesnt make sense to me". It's fucking childish and you don't deserve movies.

This is like saying the sky is green. There is no love between them, only antagonism. At best they reach civility. Lucas thinks by having Anakin state "I like Obi wan" it suddenly means its established.

The Anakin/Obi Wan fight isn't some fight between brothers, it's a fight between a shitty impersonal mentor and the bratty faggot who never liked him.

So you are saying watching awkwardness is a good idea? That awkwardness is compelling kino?

Movies are supposed to be entertaining. If you think otherwise you are a retard.

Because you're a contrarian. "I will stop people from dying" is so fucking stupid only an autistic manchild who likes pretty backgrounds would find it compelling.

Being pissed at the jedi is fine. Some half-baked quest for immortality was retarded. We've never seen a jedi onscreen in any movie even heal a minor cut. Why the hell would Anakin think he could become immortal?

Autist confirmed. They were close friends with a troubled relationship. If you ventured outside your hobbit hole you'd know that.

If the character is meant to be awkard? Yeah. Are you stupid? I notice you didn't quote the last half of that thought because it made your argument look like shit.

This seems like you want to aim personal attacks at me for a movie I enjoy. That's sad as fuck. I don't think you're even talking about the movies anymore. You're talking about you. You're just mad that someone disagrees with you.

You stink of Holla Forums tbh

The worst RLM meme will always be

In all seriousness was the original trilogy good unlike the prequels or is that just a meme too?

I assume it was mindblowing back then but watching it now it's nothing terribly special. I mean you can watch them but you I doubt you'll be blown away

good movies yeah, but star wars was always big budget b cinema, normalfags (and now disney) just blew it out of proportion.

It was pulp sci-fi. A group of nerds latched onto it and never let go.
Funny how the same nerds who claim "we like it for the philosophy and writing" never latched onto Asimov. They like the bright lights and loud noises.

The OT was okay, not great like the prequels but okay.

It probably isn't his absolute best work but I will always love Foundation. Psychohistory was such an awesome concept. Too bad he never really finished it the way he wanted.

Still haven't read that, but I've heard good things. I got an omnibus of his short stories when I was like 12 and they enraptured me.

Then cease this shitposting immediately and go read it. You will thank me later.

not that guy but i should probably get around to reading it as well, i got a free copy of the first foundation book back in college and read a few pages, pretty damn neat from what i remember.

pic related is what i have

No that's just a meme normies came up with to pretend not to like star wars, or only like it ironically. When it came out the movie was a fucking box office smash, and in the coming years became iconic throughout culture. I don't think I've met a single person who doesn't know who Luke or Vader or can't recognize Leah's side buns. Yeah, like anything it has it's rabid fans but the general population loves star wars a lot more than people would like to think.

It's a good sign that it's kino.

there you have it lads, quads confirm the prequels are in fact kino.

If they were truly bad, then no one would be even thinking of them. The fact that people either hate them or love them is the mark of true art. Lucas was an auteur, no doubt about it.

Obi Wan could feel the the end of the fight coming with the force, while Anakin was blinded by his own arrogance. Hence Obi Wan's warning about standing on the high ground. He actually had seen what Anakin was going to try before hand. "Don't try it."

That whole fight seemed like Obi-Wan was just biding his time and waiting for Anakin to fuck up. He stayed defensive 90% of the duel.

the reddikiddies have taken over every board. no wonder there's so much trumpkikery going on.

casting the bait in every thread i see

Why do the prequels make the reddicucks so mad? They'll make reviews longer than the movies.

I'm genuinely curious what it is about the prequels that causes adults to act like screeching babies.

holy shit you're mad as fuck, child

Tell me about Trump, why does he chap your ass?

The greatest movies are the most divisive.

It's pretty upsetting that I can't tell if people are being ironic about not hating the prequels or not anymore. I just want to discuss the greater star wars universe and appreciate it with like-minded people, rather then constantly bash material from it. I dislike a lot about them but also love a lot from them. They also helped inspire the over all feel and ascetic of the Old Republic time period.

>humans everywhere

humans confirmed the niggers of sw

unfortunately lad, you're on the wrong board for that. at the same time, we folk over at the actual star wars board barely post, so you're pretty much sol here unless you go post on some normalfag site.

fun fact: the background of that shot is part of a miniature design of one of the levels of the sinkhole city on utapau, but normalfags and plinkett would have you believe it's just a green screen and nothing more.

fuckin retards don't realize that by making miniatures and filming movement in them, all george had to do was take the footage and put it on the green screen, it's basically a modern matte painting that allows for more creative freedom.

I post on /sw/ too, I was just scrapping the bottom of the barrel and hoping to find some flakes of gold

Enjoy your plebeian existence lmao!

I am of the side with the greatest memes.

OT:
Normalfag tier, beaten to death.

PT:
Brilliance. At the level of baneposting at its prime. Never overused. Basically like several memes in one. I could end the list here.
Connotes a level exhilaration. Can be versatile in its expression.
The polarity of hilarity and tragedy is potency realized.
A declaration of decisive victory as well as a metaphorical judgement.
The ultimate punchline. Needs no explanation.

As can be clearly seen, the PT is the source of too many memes. The fact that its brilliance is only recognized now is a sign of longevity. We will be using it for memes beyond any release or incarnation of the franchise.

At least Baneposting teaches you values. What's in there to learn from lying ironically about shit movies? It's even dangerous because it trains you, mentally, to double think and like things like cuckoldry and antiracism.

Lightsaber fights were one of the few things the prequels did right.

Is it the memes that make a good movie or a good movie that makes the memes

Some are probably ironic and only funposting (because RLM drones have no arguments and are very easily bullied) but I genuinely love them.

Personally, i like the prequel related media like the games or the Clone Wars tv show. They handle some of the lore a lot better than in the movies, though the movies are ok in my book too.

This, one year later and who's even discussing about TFA? The only reason it's brought up here is for shitposting.

I don't understand why people compare the fighting style, totally different reasons. Obi let vader kill him, not a real fight. Vader was toying with luke, didn't want to kill him but make him join darkside. Prequels it was mostly to kill. Not to mention that there was a fucking war going on so both jedi and sith were avtively using their skills, perfecting their form in fighting looking much more skilled.

I didn't really get that. Obi wan's death never accomplished anything and he didn't do jack as a force ghost either.

he told him to go see yoda as a ghost

He was supposed to train Luke but a training montage with a ghost would have been too goofy.

Well tbh no one brought up the prequels except for shitposting until the new abomination came out. At this rate, ten years from now Star Wars will be so bad that anons will be looking back at TFA and making arguments that JJ was a unhailed kinographer.

Well, in ten years Star Wars will be about how glorious white genocide is. By then George will be a legend and JJ will be dismissed as a mediocre hack but much less ill intentioned and more harmlessly pozzed than the current director.

Seeing as how normalfags are now turning antisemitic thanks to trump, i fully expect them to some day see the truth of how shit 7 is.

Fuck, i can't even call it 7 anymore, that's a goddamn disgrace to the franchise, I'd rather have had the supershadow scripts.

heh

everyone knows trumpcucks = normiecucks.

No, when Europe is looking like current day South Africa and there are constant race riots in Burgerland the jews will make propaganda films to encourage it. That's how propaganda works and they have Star Wars now so in ten years or so they will make films glorifying groids and sandniggers killing white civilians for their skin colour.

At that point in time people will look back at JJ with different eyes. I know films aren't responsible for white genocide, subhumans and jews are. Now you might think this a ridiculous proposition but just look at how things looked ten-twenty years ago and how they look today, casual racism against whites is encouraged in schools and in mainstream media. It's not hard to extrapolate from that where things are headed.

Enjoy diversity, goon, because you're among the first who is going to get their shit kicked in.

Prequels quality have always been a point of contention for years. It's just the RLM prescence and fans have been the loudest and most obnoxious so you think it's majority opinion.

What happened to his voice? Is this what happens when you smoke or do drugs?

A movie not related to Star Wars was more true to the spirit of star Wars than Star Wars itself.

unfortunately, so does jewsney and nu-lucasfilm, save pablo hidalgo and dave filoni

you're a little stoopid m8, star wars started off as flash gordon: the movie before george failed to acquire the rights. it was only once it became its own thing that george started taking from serials, kurosawa, eastern philosophy and ww2 movies. also, flash gordon was a set of serials, it wasn't based on them, it was based on an even older comic strip. furthermore, you dumb nigger, the flash gordon movie tried to make the same success that star wars did, and fantastically failed.

The MOVIE Flash Gordon is based on the serials, you insufferable cock gobbler.

And it was an all around better movie that knew not to try make cheese super serious.

ok, i see what you mean, but your thing here doesn't actually work, seeing as how flash gordon is based on a previous source when star wars was created from multiple influences.

gg ya dumbfuck.

Legend as a filmmaker? Maybe. As the head of a studio and franchise? I don't know. He certainly did things his way, which is not something I would ever say about Kathy.

why not

george was the ultimate authority on what went down at lucasfilm.

he bowed to no one, 20th century fox never harassed him on making movies except for the first two, since both went over budget and had production problems.

dude is and will always be a legend, if not for the franchise, then absolutely for how he solely shaped hollywood.

Why are they always so angry? Needs to take a chill pill tbh…

The worst thing about the prequel memes is what it's done to Jake.
His acting was terrible but he didn't deserve getting ridiculed and bullied for years because of it. Watch vids of interviews with him and he's shaking or rocking back and forth. Nigger is like a war vet with PTSD. It's disheartening that star wars fans did it to this poor kid because Phantom Menace wasn't their perfect copypasta of the original trilogy.

Was Star Wars ever super serious though?

It's because the gymnastic saber battles are fucking silly.
It doesn't have any purpose other than to be masturbatory and exaggerated for retarded fanboys, there is no deeper meaning.
You're not bringing the prequels back, they're shit and most people don't even acknowledge them as canon.

Actually, I know this is just head canon but I always thought it was because they were attempting to contrast the original trilogies style vs the "old ways" ie; a martial art of varrying styles and extravagant moves. Sort of like what Luke could have done if he had trained since he was a kid but he never had a chance to learn.

"But Obi-Wan and Vader's fight in ANH wasn't flippy"

Of course it wasn't, they are old or GREATLY incapacitated to the point where Vader had to change his entire fighting style (See lore on this at Wookipedia) and they weren't Windu with Vaapad or Juyo style.

Again just my opinion and obviously a big flaw in this is "Why didn't Yoda teach Luke how to flip fight" which I'll concede is hard to explain

Mike, I know it's difficult to come to terms with your utter lack of ability to critic film but this is just getting embarrassing.

There is no canon anymore, you dweeb. Or have you forgotten how both Rogue One and The Cuck Awakens directly contridicted thinsg in the original trilogy?

The fact that Disney is largely ignoring the Prequels only raises the value of the prequels. Although that wont last, I'm assure you that as soon as the masses become nostalgic for the Prequels (guess what faggot, they will) Disney will capitalize on that like the kikes they are by making a bunch of shitty Clone Wars movies.

Probably because it takes years to master that alone and he had many other things to teach. Yoda wasn't concerned with making Luke a great warrior. He was concerned with passing on his Jedi knowledge, which is why he focused entirely on Luke's path and him avoiding the dark side.

They shouldn't have included Jar Jar Binks the same way they shouldn't have included Finn in the remake

Jar Jar Binks was good comic relief.

The problem with Jar Jar is that they should have stuck to the plan and made him the surprise villain reveal in Episode 2. Unfortunately Lucas was discouraged by the pleb feedback and decided to change the script and make him have a lesser role. If he stuck to his guns, he could have made the Jar Jar hate work in his favor and make Episode 1 even more interesting because no one aside from joke forum posts were on to the subtle signs that Jar Jar was a sith lord.

And yes, it's true. The actor that played him confirmed it in within the last year or so and has a copy of the earlier episode 2 script draft. Jar Jar staying as the sith lord he was supposed to be would have made 2 and 3 even more interesting.

So, George Lucas?

That's the only Star Wars i like.
Maybe a few videogames too but the rest is all shit.
TFA and RO especially are shit movies for shit people.

This is what happens when a genius like Lucas listens to the plebs.

Didn't he teach Luke flips though? I remember him doing flips during the training. He just never finished it.

I've never seen anything so completely cucked.

Try leaving the house sometime.

lel

It's almost like an individual who could never enjoy anything.

Bruh the fights look fine unless you're spending hours mulling over every single frame to pick apart the duels.

That wouldn't make much sense with the original trilogy. I don't want them to make jar jar a villain only to kill him off like a bitch ala grievous and dooku in episode III

What does the original trilogy have to do with an idea unique to Episode I and II? Don't tell me a you're a redditor ring theory faggot who has to have every trilogy play out the exact same way to fulfill some kind of story-loop where every star wars story ever just repeats ad nauseum.
We never got to see what the original idea for Episode III would be like because the script change in Episode II led to the first draft of Episode III. So in all likelihood both Grievous and Dooku would not have either been there or have been handled the same way. Basically the reason why Episode II is seen as the poorest one can be traced back to this one major script change that altered the course of the trilogy's story, and before the first draft of III was penned.

That was never the plan. Lucas isn't that fucking stupid.

Jar Jar is a secret villain has numerous flaws and its just normalfag-tier redditry.

Exactly

Fuck off, reddit. Jar Jar was a comic relief nigger, that's it. His arc that's in the prequels, where he gives power to Sheev, is fucking great.

You've been repeating yourself all week in the thread. Stop projecting yourself onto others chum.

Wont work. The Prequels speak for themselves, there's no evidence of your gay little theory on the screen.

What part do you not understand that the actor who played Jar Jar confirmed that it was always the plan until Lucas caved to reception to the character. Lucas didn't follow through with the idea. He should have because that would have given audiences a ton of reasons to want anakin to beat him.

Duh. That was a remnant from the original script. Jar Jar legislates at the senate to give his friend Sheev the power he needed. It makes even more sense that he's pretending to do be tricked into doing that when in actuality that was always the plan. However the scene before that is from the final draft where he looks sad that Padme isn't there and has to "act" without her.

I think it looked better when they were like swords, there was some weight to the whole fight, each clash of the sabers would make that sound and damn you got involved into it.

The actor who played Jar Jar made a joke on twitter. You're an idiot.

Post your face when RLM was such complete plebs that they failed to notice all of this. The first half of the Plinkett TPM review mocks all of the moments that Jar Jar had to be involved and it didn't occur to them that there was something more to it. This video predates Reddit bandwagoning the theory and poisoning the truth to it. Thankfully the actor confirmed it was all true before it became just another reddit theory.

Maybe that's why cynical asshole Frank Oz likes him

The dialog was always horrid. It's a space-opera you moron, not some pure kino.

He made two tweets, one was feeling relieved that people knew the truth about TPM and the other one was the second draft of the script in picture. He later did an interview a few months later going over the deleted materials and script changes. He confirmed that all of the ground work was there for Jar Jar to become the villain that people were now aware of but never came to be. The only thing he did not confirm was to what extent Lucas had planned for Jar Jar in Episode 2 because that's when the changes were made.

He didn't though. He made a vague statement that Jar Jar was supposed to have an arch where he turns into a corrupt politician.

He never said, "Jar Jar was a sith who traveled with obi wan and qui gon and did a force jump in front of them that they didn't think was a force jump and was banished from his city for being an evil sith even though he was a masterful mind control expert."

That's the theory normalfags on reddit conjured to 'redeem' the prequels because 'zomg hidden villain is coolz'

This. These plebs can't into politics, they're fucking fools who think in simplistic black and white terms because they only understand the OT and have misunderstood the shades of grey present in the prequels.

That was as far as they went with the first version of Episode II. It makes sense.
Do you need him to word for word say that for it to be accepted? No, that would be autistic. By then what's completely obvious was already out in the open. It's plainly obvious that's what was really going on in The Phantom Menace when you realize that he was a secret force user and working with palpatine. Once you closely pay attention to Jar Jar, everything fits. "The basic lapses in logic," that Mr. Plinkett complained about occur the most when Jar Jar is around. Even basic things like the droids asking out of the blue how bizarre Jar Jar is fits within the logic of even the original trilogy because that's how the droids were written to function in a narrative sense. It's the Greek theatre chorus. They're supposed to act like third-party semi-omniscient characters that iterate what the audience is supposed to feel. In this case, C3PO is the only one to pick up on Jar Jar's behavior.

You autists really don't get banter, do you?

I do like your post, though, The part about the driods serving as the chorus is spot on.

Holla Forums meme which is retarded

The claim was that Best confirmed everything. He didn't.

Not really. You are ignoring the considerable evidence to the contrary because you want the theory to be true.

In that scene, everybody is snickering at Jar Jar because he's being a clumsy fuckup. 3PO is just being autistic and stating the obvious as if it is a big revelation. It's part of the 'joke.'

Alright, I'll bite. How is it a joke? As much as I enjoy the theory and how it actually fits too well unlike 99% of all reddit theories, I would still be happy knowing that the actor did that to bait redditors.

I'm waiting.

Ahmed Best is playing along because he finds it funny and it makes him more famous, it's obviously just a meme. The Prequels are good because of the story they tell and the world they built, not because of some silly theory.

He has nothing. He's just hoping you'll go away because he doesn't like being wrong.

Directors name their scripts all sorts of silly titles because what goes up on theatres is going to be the official title anyway.

I'm not sure if you realize that sentence doesn't make much sense.

His sentence made sense. He was referring to the other guy who has no proof otherwise. But for the record both you and the other guy are autistic even though the theory is legit.

1) Jar Jar's supposed force jump doesn't seem unusual to two jedi who watch him do it, even though Jar Jar is supposedly trying to hide his power levels
2) Jar Jar is a master manipulator able to mind trick two jedi knights, but was banished from his hometown because they determined he was a sorceror
3) Jar Jar is a sith lord because 3PO calls him odd after he behaves oddly.
4) Jar Jar is a sith lord because R2D2 bumped into him, when Jar Jar bumps into shit all the time.
5) Jar Jar's clumsiness in the battle for Naboo was actually demonstrative of his sith powers, despite there being no reason to do this when he surrenders immediately (which is taken as proof of his complicity).
6) Jar Jar never contacts Palpatine with Padme's plan. He in fact convinces her to go back when it would be more useful for Palpatine to keep her on Coruscant.
7)According to the rule of two, Jar Jar is either Palpatine's master or apprentice. If he is his apprentice, why does he have Maul? Jar Jar would have to be the Sith Master. Why was he on Naboo for the invasion? What did his presence accomplish?

REV EM UP AND SHOW HOW COOL YOU ARE

1) Agreed, it's more akin to a weird frog thing.
2) Eh that could be a lie though
3) Agreed that's dumb
4) Agreed
5) Eh I think you could argue it's like when that one stuttering Jedi in Star Wars Tales pretended to be retarded and stumbled around beating his opponent
6)We don't see it on screen that doesn't mean it didn't happen
7) Dark Jedi are a thing and Maul is WAY more Dark Jedi than a Sith.

They're also unfamiliar with his species and their racial abilities. At that point, so was the audience.
If you shit where you eat too much you get caught, if you catch my drift.
That's mincing the significance of that. Jedi mind tricks work on humanoids, not droids.
Their success was not essential anyway. The goal was to blow up the droid control ship. They at the very least were supposed to drive away the most of the droid army and buy time.
The Sith played both sides. The trade federation needed to be BTFO and they were working for palpatine. They also needed to make the current chancellor seem weak and unable to protect members of the democracy.
There's no set rule for apprentices to not be masters of other apprentices.
Do you mean maul or jar jar? Either way to give a red herring. When mace windu reminded yoda that there siths come in pairs everyone thought that one of the two in the par had to be darth maul and the master was a mystery (the cloaked figure).

Come on, user. Most of what you asked wasn't even about theory stuff. This is basic star wars knowledge.

Where did you get jedi bugs images?

I don't count the Disney shit as Star Wars, otherwise Return wouldn't be my least favorite movie.

Damn, nice taste.

StarWars is true communism

So it proves nothing. The Force Jump should not be used as proof.

Except he is embraced again by them and given command of the army, which is taken as proof of his master manipulation.

The point is the fact that 3PO says he's odd and R2D2 bumps him proves nothing.

Mind tricks work on the weak minded.

If Jar Jar was powerful enough to mind trick Obi Wan, he could mind trick anybody. He should be on coruscant and he could mind trick Valorum.

It needed to be used to justify the creation of a grand army of the republic. It happened before that could occur so it delayed palpatine's plans.

What does that have to do with anything? Palpatine can't have two apprentices, so Jar Jar had to be his master. Why the hell is he wandering around on Naboo?

That makes no sense. Why would they reveal themselves to give a red herring? Nobody knew the Sith existed at all.

Darth Maul was definitely a sith, unless the theory is now so insane that it's going to argue that he wasn't one.

The simplest theory is that Jar Jar is clumsy and comic relief, which fits everything he does in the movie. Him as a sith lord requires all kinds of convoluted plans and happenstance occurrences for…nothing, really.

tfw a fellow TruthSeeker answers for me

There's nothing redeemable about AOTC. It's the black sheep of the entire series.

You forgot
which is a dead meme in the series, much less anywhere else. Why the fuck do they keep making characters say it?

AOTC isn't perfect, but it's good.

All are valid but Darth Maul being a Sith I will argue he is MORE LIKE a Dark Jedi. look up Dark Jedi. I'm not arguing against you just saying this is a possible hole

Come on, I get you're only remembering "MUH SAND" scene which was dumb but there's so many cool things

Anakin killed a lot of sandniggers in it. Even the women and the children.
Good on him; they would have grown up to be more sandniggers and bred more sandniggers.

I genuinely like the sand line. Anakin is thinking of his home that he had to leave behind, his time when he was a slave, it makes sense that he would hate sand.

A'sharrad Hett agrees

I'll go watch it and report back, Remember I seek the Truth which means I never fall for the Mikes tricks

It's really not a bad scene, and it makes sense for Anakin to be awkward, he's been living with a bunch of celibate monks for years.

Okay so I watched it and I think Christianson did a bad job of delivering the line as opposed to the line being bad. This is why I always loved reading the books as a Young-Aged Entity. because ROTS Book was the best

THIS IS TRUE COMMUNISM

wew lad

Don't you mean the gungan flip jump? :^)

That's kind of the point.

You mean how artificial beings are not mind controlled?
That's how it works. Works on humanoids, not artificial. Why is this so hard to understand?

Right. Except it was all according to his plan.

Again, that's the point. Are you more or less agreeing at this point?
To be involved in the action. Is this is a serious question?

Darth Maul is the red herring because up to that point both the audience and yoda & mace windu believed there was only a pair of siths at most. To the audience that pair was darth maul and the cloaked guy. Sith pairs work like chain links: Master | Apprentice - Master | Apprentice - Master | Apprentice and so on. If you're a sith you are the master of an apprentice and an apprentice to another master who is the apprentice of another master.

No, It's actually quite simple. Please don't sperg out on me.

No, again, it's actually quite simple. The above linked video gives a fair list of things to go over. You should try addressing the points where Jar Jar is clearly using mind tricks at several key plot points. It also makes sense now in retrospect why Jar Jar was inexplicably involved with major characters and convincing them to change their minds on things. That's why the theory has credibility aside from the actor confirming it has validity.

Come join me
8ch.net/co/res/768890.html#768919

Who cares about Holla Forums? I don't want those faggots shitting up Holla Forums, lets just ignore them.

This is also furthered by the ROTS book, Republic Commando and most EU shit.
The old Eu was eradicated for a reason.

See

I made a thread there story timing Star Wars comics. I could do it here too if you'd like

Oh, sorry, I didn't click on the link, I'll go over in that thread. I thought it was more board drama.

(((Watto))) is my favorite alien.

Thank you fellow seeker of truth, true communism lives in your heart

Truthseeker, were you the sudocuck/drumpfposter all along?

hello goyi- I mean Guys.

Wanna strike back at Holla Forums because it's fun and not for a retard political reason? Come here: 8ch.net/co/res/768890.html#769170

I'm Story Timing a Thread and laughing at peeps

They seem easy to troll so….let's do it?

ACTUALLY

Sudocuck claims to be the Original TS.

The lore is fucking deep.

So did the Prequels have anything add jarring as

Star Wars day the 4th is it should be sorry George day.

Whatever it is called.

Who cares? Your claim is Jar Jar mind controlled literally everyone else? So your claim is 3PO and R2D2 are aware he is a sith lord? Wat?

Qui Gon grabs his tongue and Sebulba kicks his ass. Are they aware too?

It's irrelevant to the point I'm making here. Why is Jar Jar on Naboo and not Coruscant if he can mind control literally any living creature and in giant numbers? Why isn't he the one in the Senate given this massively useful power?

'Involved in the action' doesn't mean anything. What was the point of going along?

It was far more useful to Palpatine to have Amidala stay on Coruscant.

Again, Yoda & mace believed there were no sith. There's no reason to reveal Darth Maul to them.

More or less conceding the rest of it is nonsense. He's muttering what he hears. The effect was put in to make a CGI character look like he was part of the scene and listening to the dialogue. It links him up with what was said.

The theory is completely confirmation bias.

Yes, Jar Jar's big adventure wasn't a joke.

sudocuck is dead, he never had what it takes to ascend into communistic memehood.

I really love to see Liam Neeson as a force ghost in the next movie

Looks like everyone in that thread is having fun to me.
Or maybe I'm so used to Holla Forums shitposting that everything looks ironic to me now.

Damn, you're a mean soul.

Ha was in that fuckin narnia movie, the talking lion aslo or something like that

Yeah, this is the real reason for the prequel hate I think. All the outspoken people about their dislike for the prequels are cucks and Jews. Anakin was too fashy and not a villain but a hero in a tragedy.

Assland

For the record you mince words more than a 16th century british woman minces meat. This theory isn't hard to follow at all but you make it sound like it's the most complicated thing ever by asking things with obvious answers to. For example:

He mind tricked the people he was able to or want to. You might as well rewrite the script if you want to imagine Jar Jar doing it the most efficient way possible even though it fits the movie's story without any issues.
He never said that. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you? This is basic script writing. The droids within the logic of the fictional universe are the only ones who see something strange about Jar Jar, and that's it. Perceptive audience members would have done the same and IIRC did, but since Lucas never followed through with it, it became a pointless aside.
Seriously nigger?

He does end up joining the senate. All of his mind tricks pay off. Why do you bother asking? Does the entire movie really have to redo itself just to fit your view of a sith lord Jar Jar and make itself completely obvious? How else do you use a comic relief character in a first installment to build him up to be a secret villain? Do you need it explained carefully for the audience? Ironically the movie fits with and without the theory but you're too twisted up in your own thinking to see it.

You're seriously asking someone to recap most if not all of the movie? inb4 you say, "not the whole movie, but-"

They believed the sith were wiped out. That's an actual point of dialogue.
autism.jpg There was no reason to have a dude who looks like a devil fight the good guys either. If I have to explain that you seriously have autism.

Claiming confirmation bias is the lazy rebuttal of a skeptic who has no proof to show otherwise. Jar Jar's mind trickery happens several times in the movie and at very important intervals. People have always asked why jar jar was there the entire during scenes where characters were discussing what to do and figuring out their next move. Surprisingly, he wasn't just chewing the scenery. Instead Jar Jar is constantly waving his hands the way old obi wan did, waving them in synchronization with important vocal gestures, i.e. hypnotic suggestion aka jedi mind trick. The same way qui gon fails to use it on watto, jar jar succeeds each and every time he uses it because he's subtle and everyone believes his bumbling idiot routine. Meanwhile qui gon has no subtlety, e.g. watto was already suspicious of him, his lightsaber is clearly visible on him, etc. This not only explains the famous lapses in logic RLM and their parroters complain about, it fits in with the movie's story itself.
What a lazy terrible excuse. Ironically that's even harder to prove than just mentioning the theory without the movie as evidence.

The working draft of that script was, as is many movie scripts. It's very popular to do that in hollywood. lmgtfy.com/?q=list of joke script names