ITT: Times Tumblr and SJWs revealed that they're racists

Pic related.

What the fuck does Overwatch have to do with Holla Forums? Does it have a comic?

>>>Holla Forums

I was considering posting the thread to Holla Forums, but I felt that there would be more examples from comics and cartoons, so I posted it here.

The filename was there for a reason.

It does.

In eyes of tumblr artists there are usually only 3 races: white, East Asians that look like coast Chinese/Koreans, and people with brown skin but white facial features.

>>>Holla Forums

I think the contention most westerners have with anime and vidya is mainly hair and eye color, not facial proportions themselves, which are exaggerated but fairly accurate nonetheless. I've talked to a few Japs here and there and asked them if they think anime characters are Japanese or white, and they usually think it's the former. When I asked their reasoning, they explained that they mainly focuses on the shape of the eyes and the facial proportions, rather than the hair color (which is also how they can tell Japs from Chinese and Koreans).

If you were to take every character from Evangelion whose hair and eyes weren't black or brown, and recolor the hair and eyes to accurately represent their ethnicities, it would probably be a bit more easier to believe that they were Japanese.

Telling on yourself pretty clearly there, m8.

It's the exact same meme you dipshits.

Thank good I realized soon enough that it'll be blizzards next shitpiece.

It's really not. It being Team Fortress 2 with waifus and MOBA ultimates is the main selling point.

Wow, it's like you really want this place to end up like 4chan, huh

>>>Holla Forums

Here's a good one to add to the thread. Who knew characters based on Inuit and Native American could look so african?

There was a rather lengthy post some time ago about how anime characters do look Japanese to Japanese audiences in spite of the colorful hair and light skin, because they do focus more on things like noses, foreheads, chins, facial arrangements, etc. Because as you said, that was a key way to tell the differences between the Japanese, the Koreans, the Chinese, probably the Mongolians and Vietnamese and anyone else too. They all look the same to us but they've been dealing with each other for thousands of years so they have a keener eye for the differences that is more subtly reflected in anime.

Whereas us Westerners see them as white because that's the color they are, especially the ones with blonde hair and blue eyes. We've dealt with black people and brown people and varying shades of olive and tan for thousands of years so that's how we identify race.

But in the end it doesn't really fucking matter anyway because it's just cartoons, shit is abstracted and reading into it is just stupid.

Don't you know user? Brown = black. There is no difference. All black people are the same and if you disagree you're a whip-crackin' corn-eatin' tax-filing RACIST.

I also remember a Mexican user sharing a story once that, upon saying he owned a high-end computer, a Tumblrite told him that's impossible because if he was Mexican he'd be too poor to afford one and even if he got it he'd be too stupid to use it.

Tumblr really is more racist than Holla Forums. At least Holla Forums hates things for what they are instead of what they imagine in their heads (most of the time).

?in, because they do focus more on things like noses, foreheads, chins, facial arrangements, etc. Because as you said, that was a key way to tell the differences between the Japanese, the Koreans, the Chinese, probably the Mongolians and Vietnamese and anyone else too. They all look the same to us but they've been dealing with each other for thousands of years so they have a keener eye for the differences that is more subtly reflected in anime.
What a load…

What a load!

Besides, I never meant to imply that they did look Japanese. I only tried to present this as a possible explanation. Maybe they just don't care about race at all and just draw what looks cool to them.