Devuan considers enacting Code of Conduct

Devuan, the once devil-may-care total fork of Debian, once linked to virulent internet sexism and gamer-gate affiliated image forums by Debian Developer Russel Coker, has mulled the option of enacting a Code of Conduct when one of its female members was insulted:

> botbot.me/freenode/devuan/2016-05-25/?page=2
>jaromil today i was scrolling through geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_...
>jaromil jeez. we need to take precautions. and also I get the point from Sarah Mei we need a code of conduct on-line and later for on-site sarahmei.com/blog/2015/02/01/the-fos...

Devuan has been criticized for taking a "who gives a damn" and "real admins do it all by hand themselves every install" attitude towards security hardening scripts, and dispise in particular any mention of the "bastille" linux hardening script (originally funded by Mandrake Linux).

Interestingly when Devuan was forming, the people behind Devuan cited the very person they are considering making the code of conduct against:

> distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20141027
>Originally, Debian was created as a universal operating system for the users. The Free Software movement itself is there to defend users' rights. Sgryphon explains it well in this thread. ( debianuserforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=3031 )

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/metatech/rules.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Seriously what's even the point of this meme fork any more?
Originally it was created to have Debian without systemd, but they already have adopted PulseAudio.
Now with this CoCk the next thing they are going to adopt will be systemd, making it completely pointless.

Let them know how you feel:

#devuan or irc.freenode.net

Let them know how you feel:

#devuan or irc.freenode.net

(or the dng mailing list of devuan.org:
[email protected] )

jjust what??

how did jaromil manage to get control of devuan?

Linux From Scratch will be the only option soon. Thankfully, I just received a second, better computer, and so I'm planning on using my old one for LFS

openbsd

devuan is cancer tbh

WEW
E
W

21:26:20 -!- mode/#devuan [+o DocScrutinizer05] by ChanServ
21:26:25 -!- mode/#devuan [+b rain1!*@*] by DocScrutinizer05
21:26:25 -!- rain1 was kicked from #devuan by DocScrutinizer05 [T900: "User terminated!"]

goodbye friend ;_;

get a proxy and come back

Maybe the mere existence of a document with a given title isn't actually a problem.

Would your feelies be less jostled if it was named "RAPE EULA.doc"?

Systemd and SJWs are not mutually exclusive.

assmad sjw detected

project is run by some kind of apron wearing jamaican that reads a feminism geek wiki, the IRC is babies that can't cope with people talking

I'm responding to one, but thanks for agreeing :^)

Fuck off back to reddit, cuck

him

you sure are mad, all this deflecting and projecting~

Gentoo is always the answer.

Gentoo is the 16chan of distros

And what is 16chan?

Josh Chan.

What the fuck. Why would you ever dismiss a program because it makes things easier? This is Arch tier.

my thread "the truth about systemd" got censored off this board

It got "censored" because we already have multiple systemd threads. Feel free to repost in one of those. I still have the text content of the OP in case you lost it.

it is censorship

Your thread broke the rules.

I didn't ban you and I even helped you get your text back so you could post it the proper way. If you think deleting duplicate threads infringes on your freedom of expression then this is not the board for you.

Is that suppost to be b8 m8?!!

MODS==FAGS

what do you mean by this?

why do you call it duplicate when the content was completely different to any other thread, it was original text written by me?

It was a duplicate topic. There was a general systemd thread already. Take a look at rule 4:
8ch.net/metatech/rules.html

Okay seriously? Thanks for actually enforcing the rules around here. This board, while slower, is officially superior to 4/g/.

Why did they kick you from #devuan on irc.freenode.net ?

What did they say?

For the "reason" consult the dng mailing list. Search for "bastille".

anti-systemd fags blown the FUCK out

wewladdy

don't listen to this assburger, you could afford to be a bit more agressive with the pruning.

Is there a way to merge and collate duplicate threads or is admin still trying to stop the rack mount i5 from catching fire?

Mods here make a noticeable positive difference. Probably the only usable board in the top 50 because of it

there will never be, they just want to ride the established userbase now and wait for a time down the line where everyone has settled down, i.e. more complacent after Jim's fuck up, so they can monetize it

what happened to freddit anyway? he actually seemed to want to ship good tools and features till the NX drama blew up.

depression is a bitch
and it couldn't be deployed because his captcha was hogging resources
who knew manipulating every pixel of an image with PHP along a sine was even more expensive than doing it in C?
either way, stay on topic

...another distro-by-committee. Yay.
I'll settle for enlightened monarchy tyvm.

shieet, doesn't php have some kind of os.shell() command so you could do it in imagemagick?

Please no.

end yourself

yet the freddit breddit captcha is now online

the freddit breddit from reddit captcha is every 24 hours, and is spaced out over a day thanks to an established userbase
the freddit breddit from reddit on nextreddit captcha was on every post, and was dynamic in that it was loaded even for lurkers
the fact that freddit breddit from reddit did not tell josh that his captcha was an unoptimized piece of shit, and probably shouldn't be exposed to lurkers, or even been once post, was the reason that nextreddit was not able to be deployed on freddit breddit from reddit's website.

Not knowing of what you speak.
You already ended yourself.

read the logs linked in the OP.

summary: the devuan people are fucking pathetic triggerbabies and the only reason they're doing devuan is to sell it

Why is this?

Devuan was shit-tier from the start. Debian was cucked and no way was a handful going to duplicate the Debian infrastructure.

If you want to know who the real bleeding edge anti-systemd fags are, look to Gentoo, Funtoo, Slackware, and Alpine to name a few.

Breathe deeply Moshie and I will shoah you the way!

Nah, shit runs bretty gud

Soon everything will embrace the SJW CoC

Gentoo ships with systemd though
and Slackware just isn't very comfy, you need a script to build everything you try to install a new program or package and Funtoo/Gentoo also breaks everytime libc/gcc gets updated and you have to compile loads of stuff again...
There's actually no comfy systemd distro

oh god how offensive
how dare they offer multiple choices of install media

Is Devuan Faqz?

No. It propose it in the repo, if that's what you mean.

Anyone use this bastille script these days? Is it updated?